PDA

View Full Version : The X-Games are for Queers who can't play REAL sports.

CoMoChief
07-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm tired of seeing all of this shit on ESPN. Play some old college basketball games or something like that. Or play re-runs of NFL Live I dont care, just get this retarded shit off the TV.

htismaqe
07-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Too bad they don't have special games for idiots.

You'd be a gold medal winner.

cadmonkey
07-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Define what a real sport is for me.

CoMoChief
Hey guys i'll be back in a little bit. I'm gonna go do some freestyle walking down to the corner mini-mart then buy some kick ass extreme flavored Mountain Dew and then freestyle walk my ass back to my house.

COchief
If you canít appreciate someone who does a double back flip on a bmx bike, you may need to reacquire your testicles as they seem to be MIA.

JK, I know those short shorts the college boys used to wear are hard to pass up.

BIG_DADDY

You'd be a gold medal winner.

I heard that.

beer bacon
07-15-2005, 12:03 PM
The X-Games certainly do suck, but I don't think we need to demean our gay community by associating them with said X-Games.

tyton75
07-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Not a fan of the Xgames in the least... I dont' really think they are "sports" either... some of the stuff they can do is amazing, but that doesnt' make it a sport

I would rather see reruns of NFL games from the last few years or something like that

beer bacon
07-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Not a fan of the Xgames in the least... I dont' really think they are "sports" either... some of the stuff they can do is amazing, but that doesnt' make it a sport

I would rather see reruns of NFL games from the last few years or something like that

I would rather watch MacGyver reruns.

way2kalm
07-15-2005, 12:48 PM
I too believe that the X-games are not a sport. I also believe that golf and bowling are not sports. All three are "Skilled Competition" in my book. I'm not demeanng them because it takes great skill to perform them, but none of them are sport. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, and dare I say, Soccer are all sports in my opinion.

Simplex3
07-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Any sport that has it's outcome determined by a group of judges assigning scores is no better than ice skating.

jiveturkey
07-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Maybe if you guys write them a letter they'll be super nice and adjust the schedule to meet your specifications.

cadmonkey
07-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Any sport that has it's outcome determined by a group of judges assigning scores is no better than ice skating.

There goes the olympics....................the oldest sporting event in the world

beer bacon
07-15-2005, 12:54 PM
There goes the olympics....................the oldest sporting event in the world

The original events were all races.

Rain Man
07-15-2005, 12:55 PM
I can see why the X-game/extreme sports stuff might be fun to do, but I have no idea why anybody would watch them on TV.

Announcer: "He's going up the half-pipe, and doing a handstand. Now he's going back down and back up the other side. Another handstand. Back down. Here he comes back up again..."

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I too believe that the X-games are not a sport. I also believe that golf and bowling are not sports. All three are "Skilled Competition" in my book. I'm not demeanng them because it takes great skill to perform them, but none of them are sport. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, and dare I say, Soccer are all sports in my opinion.
How about fishing and hunting? Trap shooting? Race car driving?

htismaqe
07-15-2005, 01:02 PM
The original events were all races.

And rasslin.

cadmonkey
07-15-2005, 01:05 PM
I can see why the X-game/extreme sports stuff might be fun to do, but I have no idea why anybody would watch them on TV.

Announcer: "He's going up the half-pipe, and doing a handstand. Now he's going back down and back up the other side. Another handstand. Back down. Here he comes back up again..."

for the same reason you watch football games...you enjoy the sport and appreiciate it.

Why do people watch golf? For the same reason. It irritaes the f8ck out of me when people call something they don't like stupid or not a real something. "That's not a real sport because I don't like it."

If you don't like something just f*cking suck it up, change the channel and watch something more up your f*cking alley. The X-games are a sport. In the NASCAR thread people say you need to be physically doing something to make it a sport, which driving the car your apparently are not doing, but in the X-games you are physically doing it and a new rule is added....."Its not a sport if it is being judged."

Looks like this is the new definition of what a sport is :

"A sport is to be played on a field with a ball, not a bike, car, or any other thing with wheels. You must say "hut hut" in order to participate, and if there is any chance that the result is to be decided by a third party not really participating on said field of play the sport is to be bannished to a tea party with dolls."

cadmonkey
07-15-2005, 01:07 PM
And rasslin.

But wait, isn't wrestling judged? It can't be a sport then.

Simplex3
07-15-2005, 01:09 PM
And rasslin.
Acacius: "Kiss my fig leaf, Nikolaos!"
Announcer: "Settle down, settle down. I need to get..."
Crowd: loud cheers as Nikolaos runs down the ramp to his theme music and fireworks.
Nikolaos: "You want a piece of me!?!?"
Acacius: "You know I'm not afraid of you. I'm not going to ruin our Parthenon Cage match this Wednessday on drachma-per-view!"

htismaqe
But wait, isn't wrestling judged? It can't be a sport then.

Pretty much leaves out tennis too. Of course, tennis is only for hot chicks and gays...

ROFL

way2kalm
How about fishing and hunting? Trap shooting? Race car driving?

Skills, not sport.

htismaqe
07-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Acacius: "Kiss my fig leaf, Nikolaos!"
Announcer: "Settle down, settle down. I need to get..."
Crowd: loud cheers as Nikolaos runs down the ramp to his theme music and fireworks.
Nikolaos: "You want a piece of me!?!?"
Acacius: "You know I'm not afraid of you. I'm not going to ruin our Parthenon Cage match this Wednessday on drachma-per-view!"

ROFL

htismaqe
07-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Skills, not sport.

So now if one can make a living doing it, it's not a sport.

That rules out any professional...well, not sport...like football, baseball, or basketball.

bobbything
07-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Pretty much leaves out tennis too.
Since when is the scoring in tennis subjective.

cadmonkey
07-15-2005, 01:16 PM

That rules out any professional...well, not sport...like football, baseball, or basketball.

I see you have been reading my NEW DEFINITION OF SPORT.

nolimitpk
07-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Ok so boxing isnt a sport? Because judges score it and make decisions on it. A ref is a judge. So nothing is a sport?
The X-Games athletes are all in shape people making them athletic. Bowling you can have fat Randy throwing strikes and it doesnt matter. But let me see fat Randy do a backflip on a bicycle. These are Xtreme sports. Not traditional sports. They are indeed a sport though because of the competition, skills, and athletic ability to complete.

htismaqe
07-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Since when is the scoring in tennis subjective.

Since a line judge has the ability to determine the efficacy of a shot.

BIG_DADDY
07-15-2005, 01:26 PM
A guys queer because he back flips a 250 pound motorcycle over a 50 foot jump with and extra trick thrown in for good measure. Those guys have more balls than anyone in any other sport.

I like the on/off road motorcycle racing as well.

BMX racing doesn't require athletic ability? OK

Sport requires athletic ability period. Skill is chess, X-games is most certainly a sport at least many of the events certaily not all.

way2kalm
07-15-2005, 01:27 PM

No, no, no. I'm not saying that. Anyone can make a living out of anything if they know what they are doing. I am just giving my opinion of sport and skill.

BIG_DADDY
07-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Ok so boxing isnt a sport? Because judges score it and make decisions on it. A ref is a judge. So nothing is a sport?
The X-Games athletes are all in shape people making them athletic. Bowling you can have fat Randy throwing strikes and it doesnt matter. But let me see fat Randy do a backflip on a bicycle. These are Xtreme sports. Not traditional sports. They are indeed a sport though because of the competition, skills, and athletic ability to complete.

How many fat ass baseball players have we seen in horrible shape but they are real athletes in a real sport because they can throw a fuggin baseball?

Oh yea and the Ultimate fighting guys are fags too because judges and can score the match, OK.

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm tired of seeing all of this shit on ESPN. Play some old college basketball games or something like that. Or play re-runs of NFL Live I dont care, just get this retarded shit off the TV.I don't know man, that Nathan's hot dog eating contest at Coney Island on the 4rth of July is serious chit. Kobyashi(sp?) is a freaking eating animal, and a serious athlete.

bobbything
07-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Since a line judge has the ability to determine the efficacy of a shot.
That's a stretch.

In that case, basketball officials, baseball umps, football refs, etc. can "determine the efficacy" of just about anything. Maybe that's the point you're making...

Calcountry
07-15-2005, 02:35 PM

That rules out any professional...well, not sport...like football, baseball, or basketball.Yes, its a tough job and someone has to do it. Just ask them blue collar Hockey workers, "Unions been on strike, and their down on their luck its tough, so tough."

htismaqe
07-15-2005, 02:41 PM
That's a stretch.

In that case, basketball officials, baseball umps, football refs, etc. can "determine the efficacy" of just about anything. Maybe that's the point you're making...

Yeah, that was the point I was trying to make. I guess I just suck at this Internet BB thing...

Soupnazi
07-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Pretty much leaves out tennis too. Of course, tennis is only for hot chicks and gays...

ROFL

Tennis is just ping-pong played while standing on the table.

keg in kc
07-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I think that BSPimpDude is trying to tell us all he's finally found his calling in life, finally found a place where he fits in. The X-games.

bobbything
07-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Does that make baseball just standing around, doing nothing, on your oversized lawn?

htismaqe
07-15-2005, 02:59 PM

Maria Sharapova and Anna Kournikova standing on a GLASS table...

Pants
07-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Do you realize how much athleticism most of these things require? The strength, balance, skills and balls... JFC, go try do a simple f*cking backflip on a bicycle, see what happens, you dumb f*ck.

Gravedigger
07-15-2005, 03:19 PM
The Xgames skateboarding and inline take more concentration then most sports do any day its the sport of our generation it takes skill and these guys risk their lives for the thrill of it sometimes its best to just not talk ya know what im sayin? Just because its not basketball, football, or baseball doesnt mean its not a sport

Duck Dog
07-15-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm tired of seeing all of this shit on ESPN. Play some old college basketball games or something like that. Or play re-runs of NFL Live I dont care, just get this retarded shit off the TV.

Those guys are more athletic than your simple minded ass.

Simplex3
07-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Every game will always have some element of human error. I'll run down some of the previously mentioned ones and my reasoning:

Purely judged: Ice skating, most of the stunt-based X-Games, gynastics, etc. These are waaaaay to open for interpretation for my taste. I don't consider them sports, however I don't consider the participants lesser atheletes either.

Judged: Boxing, UFC. Any sport where you can win without a judge's decision, for example by knockout, but which is otherwise decided by judging. I consider these sports because the outcome is in the athlete's hands unless they don't do their job.

Non-judged: Football, basketball, baseball, etc. The outcome is scored clearly and the score is kept where everyone can see it. There are games that land in this group that aren't sports, however. Golf comes to mind.

Nzoner
07-15-2005, 04:12 PM
I'd think the term "queers" could apply more to NASCAR seeing that grown men chase after the pole each week.

Not saying I agree mind you,just saying.

Ultra Peanut
07-15-2005, 09:30 PM

You'd be a gold medal winner.Word.

Hey, BSPimpDude, your title awaits!

Digital Takawira
07-15-2005, 09:59 PM
i'd rather watch the x-games than any sport except football or boxing. especially f'ing baseball.

Wallcrawler
07-15-2005, 10:07 PM
Here is what I dont get, BSPimpDude, why are you bitching about the X-games when there are other sports channels?

NFL Network is football all the time, then there is ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPN Classic.

If you dont like the X-Games, try changing channels.

As for X-Games not being a real sport, I dont really care what you call it. Its competition with people that are extremely skilled at what they do, whether it be a skateboard, dirtbike/motorcycle, bicycle, snowboard, skis, whatever.

These athletes pull off some of the most amazing things ive seen, things that Im not ashamed to admit that I would be afraid to try for fear Id end up a paraplegic for the rest of my life.

Bottom line is, you shouldnt be talking chit and calling these people queer when you cant do any of these stunts yourself. If it takes zero athletic ability, everyone could do it. As for the queer part, Im seeing a lot of these guys with some fine ass women, so Im not really seeing that.

Now, if cramming your head up your ass were a competetive sport, I think you would have yourself a pretty successful career option.

Demonpenz
07-16-2005, 08:52 AM
wiether you like it or hate it doesn't matter it's huge right nowand there are tons of kids that are getting into it and frankly i like seeing kids outside doing something instead of inside eating cheetos. I think it's better for a kid for have a hobby that is his own than get put in little league to sit on the bench and put up with idiot parents

RedNeckRaider
07-16-2005, 09:18 AM
I am not much on X-Games, but calling them queers is a bit strong. What game or sport have you ever been top level at? I don't care if it is bowling, darts, pool, or regular sports. These guys are the best at what they do, have you ever been the best or one of the best at anything?

RedNFeisty
07-16-2005, 09:41 AM
I love watching the X-Games. Take any professional sports player and put them on a bike or skateboard and see what they can do. Sure some of the kids are just stoners, but hell at least they are not sitting on their couch playing video games! It is amazing some of the things the x-gamers can do. I agree with Wallcrawler on this one!!

alnorth
07-16-2005, 09:58 AM
One good X-game responce to that "its not a sport" thing is: if you are not risking death or paralysis, then its not a sport!

Rain Man
07-16-2005, 12:30 PM
I agree with people who say that it's a sport. I just think that it's a boring sport to watch, and can't quite figure out how anyone could disagree.

Up the halfpipe, back down. Up the halfpipe, back down.

KC Jones
07-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Define what a real sport is for me.

For me it's pretty simple:

Offense and Defense on the field at the same time
Objective scoring, none of this subjective judging crap

So, Tennis, Soccer, Rugby, Football, and ultimate frisbee are all in

track and field, figure skating, bowling, golf are all out.

Duck Dog
07-16-2005, 02:56 PM

Track and field are judged?

I do agree with your assessment of objective scoring vs. subjective judging.

Pants
07-16-2005, 03:03 PM

Track and field not a sport? Wow.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2005, 04:33 PM
I too believe that the X-games are not a sport. I also believe that golf and bowling are not sports. All three are "Skilled Competition" in my book. I'm not demeanng them because it takes great skill to perform them, but none of them are sport. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, and dare I say, Soccer are all sports in my opinion. SPORT:

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
An active pastime; recreation.

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Isn't a portion of football judged subjectively? Some games are dictated by the way the officials call them. Some games seem to have more penalties than others... :shrug: just a thought...

headsnap
07-17-2005, 08:07 PM
in France they call the X-Games Cirque du soleil...

ENDelt260
07-17-2005, 08:24 PM
I can't play a real sport, but I'm straight. What's out there for me?

Duck Dog
07-17-2005, 08:29 PM

If you throw like a girl, soccer comes to mind.

Skip Towne
07-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Nothing I can think of. If you would consider a change to gay there would be soccer.

Michael Michigan
07-17-2005, 08:30 PM

Fat chicks?

ENDelt260
07-17-2005, 08:51 PM
If you throw like a girl, soccer comes to mind.
Given my present state, throwing like a girl would be an improvement.

I don't think playing soccer and being an out of shape smoker quite go hand in hand, though.

ENDelt260
07-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Fat chicks?
Now there's someone I can run down.

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2006, 10:03 AM

You continue to show why you are easily one of the biggest dumb ****s on this BB. X-Games was awesome this year. Pastrana and the double back flip on his motorcycle was awesome. His freestyle motocross run was literally insane. I thought most of it was ouststanding. ESPN a few years back did an article naming motocross the toughest sport in the world. Of course they don't recognize MMA for some strange reason. My guess is you have never been a real athlete in any area. That would be the only explanation as to why somebody would post such a stupid friggen thread.

J Diddy
08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
You continue to show why you are easily one of the biggest dumb ****s on this BB. X-Games was awesome this year. Pastrana and the double back flip on his motorcycle was awesome. His freestyle motocross run was literally insane. I thought most of it was ouststanding. ESPN a few years back did an article naming motocross the toughest sport in the world. Of course they don't recognize MMA for some strange reason. My guess is you have never been a real athlete in any area. That would be the only explanation as to why somebody would post such a stupid friggen thread.

Why the hell did you bump it then, it's been dead for a month?

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2006, 10:09 AM

Because X-Games just finished yesterday with some of the best shit I have ever seen. You see any of it?

Moooo
08-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Because X-Games just finished yesterday with some of the best shit I have ever seen. You see any of it?

It's very artistic, which is cool. And its differen't, which is cool also.

My favorite is anything with the bicycles. They're just so cool looking when they do tricks.

I guess the double backflip on the dirtbike was just insane. I don't watch it enough (all of it looks insane to me), but I liked how fast the rotations were. That was cool.

Moooo

BigRedChief
08-07-2006, 10:15 AM
I was on vacation 2 years ago and had to catch a flight from LA about 5:00 pm. We decided to go to see the X-Games over at the Staples center. We saw the first "Big Air" games. This is the one with the 5 story high ramp that they skate down.

I'm into football and baseball but I thought this was pretty cool.

J Diddy
08-07-2006, 10:16 AM

I caught some clips from sportscenter, like a crazy straight up backflip on a motorbike that looked pretty cool.

htismaqe
08-07-2006, 10:57 AM

Try THIRTEEN months. :D

Clint in Wichita
08-07-2006, 11:02 AM
The X-Games are for Queers who can't play REAL sports.

Funny...I feel that way about golf, baseball, horse racing, and NASCAR.

That double backflip by Pastrana, regardless of how you feel about "extreme sports", was absolutely f_cking insane.

dred
08-07-2006, 11:19 AM
It should be mandatory that all sports include "full contact" from here on out in order to be called a sport.

There, I said it.

:p

JBucc
08-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I like the big skateboard ramp thing when they first come down really fast but after that everything looks the same to me. Same with the backflips on the bikes. Those are cool but the rest of the stuff is kind of boring.

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Funny...I feel that way about golf, baseball, horse racing, and NASCAR.

That double backflip by Pastrana, regardless of how you feel about "extreme sports", was absolutely f_cking insane.

His freestyle run was unbelievable as well. The guys who took 2nd and 3rd were just shaking their head like how is that even possible. Not to even mention that was after taking two gold medals and having raced and wrecked twice earlier in the day in supercross.

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Try THIRTEEN months. :D

It's kind of like bringing up Gunther Fans Dante Hall sucks thread every so often.

Reerun_KC
08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
The X-games for more of a sport than NECKCAR...

Is there anything more boring to watch other then Golf?

And not they are not athletes not even close.

rad
08-07-2006, 11:37 AM

You are a moron.

Demonpenz
08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
that rally race portion was awesome. Colin mcrae doing a rollover and almost winning

luv
08-07-2006, 11:44 AM
The double back flip was so cool to watch. I liked the Lazy Boy during his freestyle, too.

What about the dirt bike high jump. Seemed kinda weird, but I like watching it.

Out of all of them, I think the skateboarding is the most boring. Funny though, cuz isn't that the sport that basically started the concept of extreme sports? Anyway, except for some of the rail stunts, everything looks pretty much the same. I guess I also like it when they get big air.

sedated
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM
unlike golf, x-games at least has the possibility for great wipeouts or some gruesome injuries

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2006, 12:02 PM
The double back flip was so cool to watch. I liked the Lazy Boy during his freestyle, too.

What about the dirt bike high jump. Seemed kinda weird, but I like watching it.

Out of all of them, I think the skateboarding is the most boring. Funny though, cuz isn't that the sport that basically started the concept of extreme sports? Anyway, except for some of the rail stunts, everything looks pretty much the same. I guess I also like it when they get big air.

The Knack Knack backflip and superflip were sick too. Here is your lazy boy flip.

luv
08-07-2006, 12:12 PM
The Knack Knack backflip and superflip were sick too. Here is your lazy boy flip.
I don't know why, but I just loved watching that. I thought his superflip ended up being a combination of a couple of other flips.

Cochise
08-07-2006, 12:42 PM
BSPimpDude threads are for Tards who can't be bothered to read anything intelligent.

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't know why, but I just loved watching that. I thought his superflip ended up being a combination of a couple of other flips.

Pastrana is incredible. Every year we wonder where could they possibly go from here. The double has been anticipated for 2 years now. I don't know how much further they can push it. I guess we will find out.

BigRedChief
08-07-2006, 03:36 PM
The double back flip was so cool to watch. I liked the Lazy Boy during his freestyle, too
In case you live in a cave and missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCYSZtV6ZvI

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2006, 04:43 PM
In case you live in a cave and missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCYSZtV6ZvI

If you click on the other link in the screen after it's done running they show highlights in slow motion from different angles. Pretty sweet.

DJay23
08-07-2006, 05:02 PM
You could take a dump in a bucket and call it a sport, but it doesn't mean i have to watch it or appreciate it.

Brock
08-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Takes an incredible amount of ability to do any of that stuff, but I don't really consider it "sports". More like "stunts".

Deberg_1990
08-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Takes an incredible amount of ability to do any of that stuff, but I don't really consider it "sports". More like "stunts".

Exactly, i have respect for those guys because they do things that i cant do and do it with great skill, but i wouldnt consider it a sport.

BIG_DADDY
08-07-2006, 05:10 PM

It would depend on the event. To say motorcycle racing isn't sport is just ridiculous.

Brock
08-07-2006, 05:13 PM
It would depend on the event. To say motorcycle racing isn't sport is just ridiculous.

Motorsports are a subdivision of sports. Jumps, flips, etc., are just "stunts", IMO.