PDA

View Full Version : cheap ass Viqueens

Wile_E_Coyote
07-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Vikes to charge admission to training camp

http://www.twincities.com/images/common/spacer.gif
Associated Press
http://www.twincities.com/images/common/spacer.gif
MANKATO, Minn. - For the first time in 40 years, spectators at the Vikings training camp in Mankato will pay daily admission fees to attend practices.

"Last year we charged for games and programs," said Paul Wilke, president of Greater Mankato Training Camp LLC. "Now we've decided to charge at the gate and make everything in one ticket."Fans will pay $5 Sundays through Fridays and $10 on Saturdays. Minnesota State University, Mankato will charge $2 for parking. The two passing scrimmages - now called "Live Thud" full-contact practices - will cost $20 for adults and $15 for children ages 5 to 12. Other special events are subject to higher ticket prices.

Banners have been placed on city streets as the city prepares for the camp, which starts July 29. Vikings Village will open that day with free admission for the opening ceremonies, which include music and appearance by Vikings ownership, coaches and players.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/12143630.htm (bugmenot
required)

EDIT:Vikings Village and Daily Practices Admission

http://www.vikingstrainingcamp.com/tickets.html

Daily admission to Vikings Village Sunday-Friday is $5, age 5 and under are admitted free. Saturday admission is $10, age 5 and under are admitted free. Daily admission includes:
Midwest Wireless Minnesota Vikings Training Camp Practice
Autograph Zone
Official 40th Anniversary Edition of the 2005 Midwest Wireless Minnesota Vikings Training Camp Program
Interactive games

Multi-Day Punch Cards are also available. A 10-Day Punch Card-$40.00. Camp Pass Punch Card-$55.00 (17 punches). Punch cards may be purchased at the gate or at the locations below. Punch cards cannot be used for scrimmages or other special events.

Special Events Admission

In addition to Vikings Village and Midwest Wireless Minnesota Vikings Training Camp Practice, there are other ticketed events during Training Camp such as scrimmages and Party Purple-The True Vikings Fan Experience.

Intersquad Scrimmages: Adults - $20.00; Children 5-12 - $15.00.
Party Purple The True Vikings Fan Experience: $100(Benefiting the Viking Children's Fund, Educare Foundation, and Minnesota State University, Mankato Foundation.)

You may purchase tickets for these events beginning July 5, 2005 by:

calling 1.800.657.4733 or 507.345.4519
Mon.-Fri.: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ticket purchases may be made with by credit card.
A $1.00 service charge will apply to all credit card purchases and orders fulfilled by mail.

mailing Midwest Wireless Minnesota Vikings Training Camp
P.O. Box 999
Mankato, MN 56002-099
Ticket purchases may be made with cash or by credit card.
A $1.00 service charge will apply to all credit card purchases and orders fulfilled by mail.

e-mailing info@vikingstrainingcamp.com
Ticket purchases may be made with by credit card.

in person Greater Mankato Chamber of Commerce
112 Riverfront Drive
Mankato, MN
Mon.-Fri.: 8:00-5:00
Ticket purchases may be made with cash or by credit card.

Greater Mankato Visitors Center
River Hills Mall (next to Cinemark)
1850 Adams Street
Mankato, Minnesota 56001-4840
Mon.- Sat.: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sun.: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Ticket purchases may be made only with cash.

No Refunds/No Exchanges
All dates/event times are subject to change without notice.
Food and beverages may not be brought in to the the Vikings Village. No pets. No video cameras.

TRR
07-15-2005, 05:50 PM
They have a lot of crap at their Training Camp. Stuff for kids to play on, food vendors, merchants, etc. The KC set up is a lot better.

Rain Man
07-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Are the Vikings charging this, or the college? I'm unclear.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-15-2005, 05:56 PM
the only charge I found for the Chiefs is $6 for adults/under 18 free on Family Fun Night

HolmeZz
07-15-2005, 05:57 PM
[/insert joke about Mike Tice scalping training camp tickets]

TRR
07-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I believe when I went to the KC Vs Vikes scrimmage in Mankato last summer, they were charging $20.00 a head to get in.

I think River Falls charged $6.00

Phobia
07-15-2005, 06:17 PM
I won't pay 2 nickels to watch a fugging practice. In fact, the last practice was so boring, I spent half the day talking to a 3 year old (his mother had a nice rack).

TRR
07-15-2005, 06:19 PM
I won't pay 2 nickels to watch a fugging practice. In fact, the last practice was so boring, I spent half the day talking to a 3 year old (his mother had a nice rack).

Scrimmages are different. I enjoyed the Chiefs scrimmages against the Vikings a lot. You can't put a price on the first time a player sees a different color jersey.

milkman
07-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Didn't The 'Skins do charge fans to veiw TC practices a couple of years ago?

And did it not also create a situation where the Redskins couldn't keep opposing team's scouts out, because of the fact that they charged admission?

Or am I just crazy?

Brock
07-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Didn't The 'Skins do charge fans to veiw TC practices a couple of years ago?

And did it not also create a situation where the Redskins couldn't keep opposing team's scouts out, because of the fact that they charged admission?

Or am I just crazy?

That is true.