07-15-2005, 07:34 PM
WTF????

(backing up JimNasium)
Zachary on THC perhaps?

|Zach|
07-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Zachary on THC perhaps?
Bored.

This is my first night not having to do shit in as long as I can remember. I love it.

Zebedee DuBois
07-15-2005, 07:37 PM
The glossy finish of typical magazines would not afford much moisture absorbance.

Miles
07-15-2005, 07:38 PM
I have never really gotten into Ben Folds for some reason.

|Zach|
07-15-2005, 07:43 PM
I have never really gotten into Ben Folds for some reason.
It is originally a flaming lips song but their version is much much better.

As for Ben Folds...its kind of weird, For a long time I have considered BF and BFF as one of my all time favorite groups but I find myself not enjoying it as much these days for whatever reason.

Miles
07-15-2005, 07:49 PM
It is originally a flaming lips song but their version is much much better.

As for Ben Folds...its kind of weird, For a long time I have considered BF and BFF as one of my all time favorite groups but I find myself not enjoying it as much these days for whatever reason.

Ah thats it. I was thinking of the flaming lips version of the song but Ben Folds was the name that came to mind. The flaming lips version is pretty damn annoying but they they are a great band though.

|Zach|
07-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Ah thats it. I was thinking of the flaming lips version of the song but Ben Folds was the name that came to mind. The flaming lips version is pretty damn annoying but they they are a great band though.
I think the album with Yoshimi and all the robots and all of that is amazing. Other than that I can't get into them.

They are one of those bands who I can't really get into but I respect for the influence they have had on music and other bands.

Miles
07-15-2005, 08:00 PM
I think the album with Yoshimi and all the robots and all of that is amazing. Other than that I can't get into them.

They are one of those bands who I can't really get into but I respect for the influence they have had on music and other bands.

Actually i dont know much of their stuff outside of Yoshimi which I really like.

Your take on them is pretty much sums up how I feel about Ben Folds. Though I probably should give them another shot since its been years since I last heard one of their albums.

|Zach|
07-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Actually i dont know much of their stuff outside of Yoshimi which I really like.

Your take on them is pretty much sums up how I feel about Ben Folds. Though I probably should give them another shot since its been years since I last heard one of their albums.
The actual music I have always liked...but I feel like his schtick is old...its like...

I am a suburban white guy and am uncool.

Alright already.

WolfDawg
07-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Once there was a kid who
Got into an accident and couldn't come to school
But when he finally came back
His hair had turned from black into bright white
He said that it was from when
The cars had smashed him so hard

|Zach|
07-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Wow, crash test dummies.

shaneo69
07-15-2005, 09:12 PM

I saw Flaming Lips open for Candlebox back in '94. Wasn't too impressed, but then, I wasn't there to see them anyway so I didn't really pay attention.

Jenson71
07-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Now I got a woman, an she's so mean
She sticks my boots in the wash machine
Sticks me with a buckshot when I'm nude
Puts bubblegum in my food
She's funny
Wants my money
Calls me "honey"

Ultra Peanut
07-15-2005, 10:49 PM
HAPPY EXCERPT FUN TIME! "Steve Burns approach to music is so strange that I had to work with him and I'm glad that I did," says Fridmann, who has added his otherworldly touch to albums by the Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev and Mogwai. "Steve is the best ex-children's-show-host-record-making-weirdo I know," he adds. Go deeper into the album and you�'ll uncover Burns' Bowie-like desire to push the boundaries of music. The sweeping "Troposphere," which was written on an airplane pondering the layer of the atmosphere before you hit outer space, builds from a contemplative little ballad to a sweeping rock dynamo flush with strings. A similar orchestral flair comes to light on "Stick Around," with its elegant use of trumpet and cello.

For Steve Burns, the shift from children's TV into the world of rock music isn't much of a leap at all, considering he's had the music bug ever since his dad carved him a toy guitar more than 20 years ago. But growing up, Burns found more opportunities in theater than in music. The acting remained a focus for Burns for years, leading to an audition in 1995 that changed everything. "I auditioned for Blue's Clues in camouflage pants, long hair and earrings. I thought it was a voiceover audition," he says. "When we started it was kinda like being in a punk rock band," he explains. "We had all these crazy ideas no one knew if it would work or if kids were going to talk to the TV screen, but we all really believed in it."

Burns treasures his five years on the show, but eventually, the time was right to make a new start. The music bug was beckoning -- as well as some other bugs. "I literally started writing this album because I was obsessed with a picture someone had shown me of a dustmite fighting with a micro gear," he says. "There are these tiny machines that are so small that dustmites, these microscopic animals, assume they are competing for food sources and do battle with them."