PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever tried El Tesoro tequila?

mlyonsd
07-15-2005, 09:17 PM
My wife sampled some a couple of years ago and has been looking for it ever since. Unfortunately where we live the best we can get is Jose.

I'm on the road in Springdale and found El Tesoro so I picked up a bottle. At $44 for 750 mil it better be good!

We're heading to the Black Hills next week and have the perfect opportunity to conduct a true taste test. So if anyone has a better brand in mind let me know and I'll try and pick up a bottle.

ChiefsFire
07-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Tukys

damn good stuff

mlyonsd
07-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Tukys

damn good stuff

Never heard of it. Is it easy to find?

FloridaChief
07-15-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't drink tequila as it's a drink for women, but the best would be Patron...

dtebbe
07-15-2005, 09:35 PM
El Tesoro and Herradura Silver are two of my favorites. Please just tell me you are not mixing drinks with it!

DT

ChiefsFire
07-15-2005, 09:38 PM
Never heard of it. Is it easy to find?
ehhh not really

mlyonsd
07-15-2005, 09:38 PM
I don't drink tequila as it's a drink for women, but the best would be Patron...

pssst. Thanks, I promise I won't let anyone know you drink the stuff. ;)

mlyonsd
07-15-2005, 09:39 PM
El Tesoro and Herradura Silver are two of my favorites. Please just tell me you are not mixing drinks with it!

DT

To be honest I don't really care for tequila. My goal is to just get my wife drunk.

dtebbe
07-15-2005, 09:44 PM
To be honest I don't really care for tequila. My goal is to just get my wife drunk.

Shots for everyone then! :drool:

DT

Buster's Dad
07-15-2005, 09:59 PM
just want to have your way with her?

mlyonsd
07-15-2005, 10:11 PM
just want to have your way with her?

Sort of in a round about way. Just looking for a way she'll pass out after 4 or 5 orgasms so I can get back to the planet and check for new Ty Law or Scanlon threads.

When she's sober I usually can't walk real good for a day or two.

el borracho
07-16-2005, 01:54 AM
El Tesoro is very good. You might also like Herradura silver, Zafarrancho (if you can find it), Tres Mujeres (if you can find it) and Aha Toro (also, if you can find it).

Braincase
07-16-2005, 05:45 AM
My first foray into proper Tequila was E.T., from there I discovered Patron. Very good tequila. With good tequila, just drink it on the rocks with a twist of lemon or lime.

Dartgod
07-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Don Julio.

Mmmmmmmmm.....Tequila.

Dartgod
07-16-2005, 07:43 AM
My first foray into proper Tequila was E.T., from there I discovered Patron. Very good tequila. With good tequila, just drink it on the rocks with a twist of lemon or lime.
My wife got me a bottle of Patron for my birthday. I've never had it so I'm looking forward to tearing into that bad boy.

philfree
07-18-2005, 02:31 AM
I like El Tesoro and it's not to espensive. These days I just drop half a bill and go with the Corozon Respodo. It's so good no wheeels are needed. Actually if it needs wheels it ain't worth drinking. Salt and lime are only needed if a beautiful women is gonna do some body-shots with you but that's not about drinking really. I mean if I can lick salt off a womans bodyand then french kiss a lime out of her mouth ....hell who needs teguila for that?

PhilFree:arrow:

Craash
07-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Obviously, the tequila is for her.

And, I agree with Patron. Good stuff, good times.

. . . I mean if I can lick salt off a womans bodyand then french kiss a lime out of her mouth ....hell who needs teguila for that?

PhilFree:arrow:

ptlyon
07-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Oh great. Big Bro is in the sauce again...

ptlyon
07-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Oh, and BTW - if anyone is wondering why he is on the road in Springdale and what he does for a living, he sells shower curtain rings.

Dartgod
07-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Oh, and BTW - if anyone is wondering why he is on the road in Springdale and what he does for a living, he sells shower curtain rings.
Hehe....

"Those aren't pillows!!"

jspchief
07-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Here's my post from another thread that got on the tequila topic:

You want good tequila? Here's my list:
Patron Resposado
Patron Silver
Cabo Wabo Resposado (a bit of an emotional attachment to this one)
Porfidio single barrel Anejo
Porfidio Plato
Don Julio Anejo
Patron Anejo
Don Julio Silver

All of these can be found for under $60 per bottle, and you don't mix them.

Overall, I prefer Anejos and Resposados because they have more flavor IMO. A silver is more likely to be smooth and easy drinking for those that don't savor the taste.

Dartgod
07-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Here's my post from another thread that got on the tequila topic:

You want good tequila? Here's my list:
Patron Resposado
Patron Silver
Cabo Wabo Resposado (a bit of an emotional attachment to this one)
Porfidio single barrel Anejo
Porfidio Plato
Don Julio Anejo
Patron Anejo
Don Julio Silver

All of these can be found for under $60 per bottle, and you don't mix them.

Overall, I prefer Anejos and Resposados because they have more flavor IMO. A silver is more likely to be smooth and easy drinking for those that don't savor the taste.
I prefer the Aņejos myself. We had a bottle of Don Julio Aņejo recently and it was the best tequila I've ever drank. Although I do recall a shot of Cabo Wabo Aņejo that I had in San Diego last year that was pretty damn good too. I haven't tried the Patron Resposado my wife got me yet. I'm curious to see how it compares to the Don Julio.

jspchief
07-18-2005, 08:44 AM
I prefer the Aņejos myself. We had a bottle of Don Julio Aņejo recently and it was the best tequila I've ever drank. Although I do recall a shot of Cabo Wabo Aņejo that I had in San Diego last year that was pretty damn good too. I haven't tried the Patron Resposado my wife got me yet. I'm curious to see how it compares to the Don Julio.It depends on your taste in tequila, but I think if you like Anejos, you'll probably like Resposados even more, and the Patron is the best I've had.

I don't drink much Silver or Plato anymore, because if you're going to enjoy a high quality tequila, why bother with one with less flavor?

Porfidio is a bit harder to find, but normally a little less expensive and comparable in taste. Plus it's a very cool bottle.

I'd also suggest Del Maguey mezcal. Pricey, but very good.

For those that don't know, tequila is a type of mezcal. All mezcals are made from agave plants, with tequila only being made from the blue agave (the recipe originated in the town of Tequila, hence the name).

Another note on Mezcal...if it has a worm, it's not going to be very good quality. It's a wives tale that mezcal has to have a worm to be authentic.

Dartgod
07-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Another note on Mezcal...if it has a worm, it's not going to be very good quality. It's a wives tale that mezcal has to have a worm to be authentic.
However, the ones with scorpions in them... :shake:

http://www.luxuryweb.com/assets/images/ScorpionMezcal.jpg

"WORMS ARE FOR WIMPS!" Forget it! What about Mezcal with a scorpion?

One of Caballeros and Scorpion Mezcals's distinguishing features is that our whole range of quality Mezcal 100% agave distilled spirits come with a real Scorpion! A real SCORPION.

Caballeros does not advocate eating the actual scorpion in the bottle but recommends that if you must eat it, to chew properly and adaquately before swallowing.

jspchief
07-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Yea, I think I would avoid the scorpion.