PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger imposter.

Coach
07-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Police: Man claimed to be Roethlisberger, St. Pierre
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Police have flagged a man for an illegal quarterback sneak.

Authorities said Brian Jackson, 31, dated two women by pretending to be Pittsburgh Steelers quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger and Brian St. Pierre.

Jackson, arrested Friday, was charged with harassment for allegedly continuing to contact both women after they learned of the ruses. He was also charged with criminal mischief for allegedly ruining a Steelers jersey owned by one of the women's neighbors when he signed his worthless rendition of Roethlisberger's autograph on it. The jersey was worth $75 before it was signed, police said.

Jackson and his attorney, Paul Boas, declined comment after he was arraigned in Pittsburgh City Court and released on an unsecured bond Friday. Boas again declined comment when reached at his office. Jackson faces a preliminary hearing July 25.

The team didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

In one of the scams, Jackson arrived at the woman's home on July 6, gave her an autographed football and pretended to be Roethlisberger, signing the neighbor's jersey, authorities said.

When she got home from their date that night, the neighbor brought her a newspaper article and told her that the man wasn't Roethlisberger.

Allegheny County police said Jackson pretended to be St. Pierre, the third-string quarterback, when he met a woman last September. She told police that during the three weeks they were in contact, Jackson often talked of his "teammates" and offered to autograph footballs for neighborhood kids. Jackson also told the woman to watch Steelers games so she could see him when he went into the game, police said.

When the woman did watch a Steelers game, she saw the real Brian St. Pierre on the screen and realized that Jackson was an impostor, police said. Jackson tried to explain to the woman that he looked "different" on TV, but she asked him not to contact her, police said.

Heh, I wonder if illegal shifting is also in factor.

HolmeZz
07-15-2005, 10:35 PM
"He was also charged with criminal mischief for allegedly ruining a Steelers jersey owned by one of the women's neighbors when he signed his worthless rendition of Roethlisberger's autograph on it. The jersey was worth $75 before it was signed, police said."

Can't be much of a Steelers fan if she couldn't recognize it wasn't Roethlisberger. She deserved to have the jersey ruined. Fraud fans suck.

Fire Me Boy!
07-15-2005, 10:38 PM
It's possible the guy looked kinda like Roethlisberger. :shrug:

Fire Me Boy!
07-15-2005, 10:39 PM
But then, I have a soft spot in my heart for fraud fans... I'm not a season ticket holder.

Pants
07-15-2005, 10:44 PM
"He was also charged with criminal mischief for allegedly ruining a Steelers jersey owned by one of the women's neighbors when he signed his worthless rendition of Roethlisberger's autograph on it. The jersey was worth $75 before it was signed, police said."

Can't be much of a Steelers fan if she couldn't recognize it wasn't Roethlisberger. She deserved to have the jersey ruined. Fraud fans suck.

Since when do gold diggers have to be fans?

Frazod
07-15-2005, 10:48 PM
Years ago I was at a Cards game in St. Louis where I saw a guy who looked just like Terry Bradshaw. Had a Bradshaw jersey on, and three or four guys seated around him wearing shirts that said "I'm with Terry."

It obviously wasn't the real Bradshaw, but the whole thing was pretty funny.

Phobia
07-15-2005, 10:49 PM
There's this old broad in Oklahoma running around telling all the geezers she's Roethlisberger's grandmother. Heh heh.

mcan
07-16-2005, 04:13 AM
I can't tell you how many women I've been able to get "friendly" with just by introducing myself as Wilt Chamberlain. Works pretty much every time...

Rausch
07-16-2005, 04:33 AM
I can't tell you how many women I've been able to get "friendly" with just by introducing myself as Wilt Chamberlain. Works pretty much every time...

That might be funny if he didn't die from aids last year...

chop
07-16-2005, 05:33 AM
That might be funny if he didn't die from aids last year...

He died unexpectedly of a heart attack in his sleep in his Los Angeles, California home.

Rausch
07-16-2005, 05:37 AM
He died unexpectedly of a heart attack in his sleep in his Los Angeles, California home.

You made my joke suck, you bastard! :cuss:

chop
07-16-2005, 05:40 AM
You made my joke suck, you bastard! :cuss:

Sorry
:p

Rausch
07-16-2005, 05:43 AM
Sorry
:p

Eh, I should have better manners.

If yer' a Wilt fan, my bad....

Skip Towne
07-16-2005, 07:00 AM
There's this old broad in Oklahoma running around telling all the geezers she's Roethlisberger's grandmother. Heh heh.
You can't even lie right. It was Columbus, Ks.

Phobia
07-16-2005, 08:25 AM
You can't even lie right. It was Columbus, Ks.

If you can stand in Columbus, KS and piss in Oklahoma I'm close enough.

Coach
07-16-2005, 08:40 AM
I wonder if any of those gals did "Roughing the Passer" before they found out that he was an imposter.

Simplex3
07-16-2005, 10:15 AM
This cracks me up. Two gold-diggers getting scammed and being pissed about it. I hope he did some nasty crap with both of them. ROFL

Rain Man
07-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Unfortunately for Ben, it's now spawning some copycat crimes.

http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/107084.jpg

Well, copydog crimes, I guess.

RedThat
07-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Police: Man claimed to be Roethlisberger, St. Pierre
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Police have flagged a man for an illegal quarterback sneak.

Authorities said Brian Jackson, 31, dated two women by pretending to be Pittsburgh Steelers quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger and Brian St. Pierre.

Loser

Coach
07-17-2005, 10:29 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3764354

There is a photo of the guy who was pretending to be Ben Roethlisberger.

Not even close. :shake:

RedDread
07-17-2005, 10:40 AM

Not since the days of Elvis Grbac and his potbelly has the NFL seen the likes of such a tub of lard at QB :)

Bowser
07-17-2005, 10:42 AM

The women who actually believed that this clam was Rothlewhatever should be the ones getting sued for being stupid.

Skip Towne
07-17-2005, 10:44 AM
I would have blown this clown up in a hurry. I'll bet he doesn't know Ben's mothers's maiden name. I do.

Simplex3
07-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I would have blown this clown up in a hurry. I'll bet he doesn't know Ben's mothers's maiden name. I do.
Been trying to get a date with "Big Ben" have you?

Skip Towne
07-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Been trying to get a date with "Big Ben" have you?
That's more up your alley.

WolfDawg
07-17-2005, 05:25 PM
That sad thing is one of the women was the guys cousin, and the other his sister. This is pittsburgh we're talking about after all.