PDA

View Full Version : Boomer’s bounty: Chiefs agree to terms with Grigsby

Fire Me Boy!
07-16-2005, 06:07 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/12145909.htm

Boomer’s bounty: Chiefs agree to terms with Grigsby

By ELIZABETH MERRILL The Kansas City Star

When the Chiefs made linebacker Boomer Grigsby a fifth-round selection in April, he called himself the luckiest draft pick in the world.

Three months later, he is still as content.

“I don’t think there’s a better place for me in the whole country,” Grigsby, from small-town Canton, Ill., said Friday after the Chiefs announced he’d agreed to a three-year deal. “I prefer barbecue and beer over cheese and wine.”

Grigsby’s contract is believed to be worth about $1.1 million. He is the second 2005 Chiefs draft choice to reach a deal with the club. Seventh-rounder Jeremy Parquet agreed to terms earlier this month.

Grigsby played at Division I-AA Illinois State, but he quickly won praise from the Chiefs’ coaches during off-season workouts for his tenacity. A 5-foot-11, 249-pounder, Grigsby played behind middle linebacker Kawika Mitchell this summer, and his spot gets much more crowded in training camp with the return of Rich Scanlon and Mike Maslowski.

But Grigsby is expected to be a special-teams contributor and wants to contribute at middle linebacker.

“Obviously, I’ve got a veteran in front of me who can perform and I think is kind of underrated,” Grigsby said, referring to Mitchell. “I think he’s a little better player than people give him credit for.

“He’s helped me out and has taught me a few things. Hopefully all of us together can win some games this year.”

Grigsby said it took just a few days to work out his contract, which was negotiated by Vance Malinovic.

Malinovic works with Ethan Lock, who’s known in Kansas City for the acrimonious John Tait negotiations.

“It went smoothly,” Grigsby said. “I’m ecstatic about being signed. Now I can just focus on playing football and cracking heads.”

Rausch
07-16-2005, 06:12 AM
“I don’t think there’s a better place for me in the whole country,” Grigsby, from small-town Canton, Ill., said Friday after the Chiefs announced he’d agreed to a three-year deal. “I prefer barbecue and beer over cheese and wine.”

Bite me. I love the guy already...

Fire Me Boy!
07-16-2005, 06:20 AM

Bite me. I love the guy already...
Me too.

chop
07-16-2005, 06:50 AM
“Obviously, I’ve got a veteran in front of me who can perform and I think is kind of underrated,” Grigsby said, referring to Mitchell. “I think he’s a little better player than people give him credit for.

“He’s helped me out and has taught me a few things.

Anyone else worried about this comment.

Rausch
07-16-2005, 07:26 AM
Anyone else worried about this comment.

I assumed he meant that Ka-whiff-ka tought him how easy an NFL player could become a pushover tenderfoot, kindly tipped him a 20, and told that bitch to carry his bags all the way up to the 3rd floor where the rookies sleep...

mikey23545
07-16-2005, 08:53 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/12145909.htm

"Now I can just focus on playing football and cracking heads.”

How can you not love this guy?

gblowfish
07-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Grigsby signed for $1.1 Million, but said he would have been happy with a lifetime pass to Prrrrrrrrrrice Chopper and a double Vodka Gimlet.

What?

Oh, BOOMER Grigsby.

Sorry.

StcChief
07-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Go get them Boomer

LocoChiefsFan
07-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Crack some heads. Fuggen ey!!

DTLB58
07-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Gun has got to LOVE this guy.

Our draft picks just keep saying all the right things this year. Let's hope they do all the right things on the field also.

This could turn out to be a very good draft a few years down the road.

RedThat
07-16-2005, 12:50 PM
"It went smoothly, " Grigsby said. "I'm ecstatic about being signed. Now I can just focus on playing football and cracking heads."

Cracking heads?!?! Playing football? What's this guy's name again?