PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from meeting Nzoner, Stevie, JimNasium, and Rausch...

Mosbonian
07-16-2005, 05:30 PM
And like all other Planeteers I have met, pretty cool guys!!! Also met JimNasium's buddy Bret and his lovely lady, both of them pretty cool for being Bronco fans.

And, of course, they were all sworn to secrecy about the true identity of yours truly. As usual, no pics were allowed.

mmaddog

Rain Man
07-16-2005, 05:31 PM
This must have been like the first meeting of the League of Superheroes.

mlyonsd
07-16-2005, 05:32 PM
And like all other Planeteers I have met, pretty cool guys!!! Also met JimNasium's buddy Bret and his lovely lady, both of them pretty cool for being Bronco fans.

And, of course, they were all sworn to secrecy about the true identity of yours truly. As usual, no pics were allowed.

mmaddog

Are you at jazzfest in SF?

Mosbonian
07-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Nope they are here in Columbia for the ZZ Top concert....

mmaddog

Mosbonian
07-16-2005, 05:37 PM
This must have been like the first meeting of the League of Superheroes.

They were lightweights compared to us....

mmaddog

Count Alex's Losses
07-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Where'd you meet?

Skip Towne
07-16-2005, 05:39 PM
And you're not drunk?

HemiEd
07-16-2005, 05:41 PM
That is great, I am envious.

Mosbonian
07-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Where'd you meet?

We all met over at the hotel that they were staying at to sample the home made brews....(even though I did not imbibe as I don't drink)

They're all over at Flatbranch Saloon eating and having a few more beers before heading over to the concert.

mmaddog

Frazod
07-16-2005, 06:22 PM
So, did Brad puke on your car too? :D

Rain Man
07-16-2005, 06:26 PM
That is great, I am envious.

You have a boat. You shouldn't be envious of anybody.

HemiEd
07-16-2005, 06:31 PM
You have a boat. You shouldn't be envious of anybody.

I think it owns me..

Supposed to be out relaxing in it and all I have done is work on it this summer due to my own screwups.

Phobia
07-16-2005, 06:47 PM
I was almost invited to that, but I couldn't quote all the words to "Pearl Necklace" on the first try.

HemiEd
07-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I was almost invited to that, but I couldn't quote all the words to "Pearl Necklace" on the first try.

they might have accepted "Tube Snake Boogie," or "Well Dressed man."

4th and Long
07-16-2005, 08:22 PM
they might have accepted "Tube Snake Boogie," or "Well Dressed man."
That's "Sharp Dressed Man" Ed. ROFL

HemiEd
07-16-2005, 08:26 PM
That's "Sharp Dressed Man" Ed. ROFL

Well Damn, 50% aint bad, I have the CD in my car, remember the ahlzhiemers.

4th and Long
07-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Well Damn, 50% aint bad, I have the CD in my car, remember the ahlzhiemers.
If you can remember you have Alzheimers, you probably don't have Alzheimers. ROFL

Try this line next time. I use it quite a bit.

"I either have Alzheimers or amnesia ... I just can't remember which."

:p

HemiEd
07-16-2005, 08:33 PM
If you can remember you have Alzheimers, you probably don't have Alzheimers. ROFL

got it! I think. ;)

Rausch
07-16-2005, 09:18 PM
So, did Brad puke on your car too? :D

Hell no, I drove home.

Since that day I've had numerous reasons to get back in the ring and up my tolerance. I'd even guess I'm back to tip-top shape as far as what I can handle.

Because my car ran out of gas and DIED IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERSECTION I was like 2 hours late to the shindig, and didn't get to see much of Invisi-Ddog....He's truly elusive...

Mosbonian
07-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Hell no, I drove home.

Since that day I've had numerous reasons to get back in the ring and up my tolerance. I'd even guess I'm back to tip-top shape as far as what I can handle.

Because my car ran out of gas and DIED IN THE MIDDLE OF AN INTERSECTION I was like 2 hours late to the shindig, and didn't get to see much of Invisi-Ddog....He's truly elusive...

If it makes you feel any better, I did a "Men-In-Black" Neuralyzer zap on the rest of the gang so they will not remember anything about the meeting either. I couldn't zap you because they needed you to drive Zoner and Stevie to Flatbranch, since I couldn't fit everyone in the Tacoma....

Was good to finally meet you, if only briefly.

mmaddog
Still the Inconspicuous One

Dartgod
07-16-2005, 11:07 PM

Reminds me of a good joke.

A woman goes to the doctor for some routine tests. A couple of days later the husband answers the phone and it's the doctor's office. They tell him they mixed up his wifes test results with another woman. They go on to tell him she either has AIDS or Alzheimers. He says, "Oh, my God. What should I do?"

The doctor says, "Drive her out into the country and kick her out of the car. If she finds her way home, don't f*ck her."

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Reminds me of a good joke.

A woman goes to the doctor for some routine tests. A couple of days later the husband answers the phone and it's the doctor's office. They tell him they mixed up his wifes test results with another woman. They go on to tell him she either has AIDS or Alzheimers. He says, "Oh, my God. What should I do?"

The doctor says, "Drive her out into the country and kick her out of the car. If she finds her way home, don't f*ck her."
ROFL

Mr. Kotter
07-17-2005, 10:34 AM

Nope, that was a different group....me, Cntrygal, Saulbadguy and his lady, Jazzzlovr and DarkWolf.

We had a grand time.

Buddy Guy was good on Friday night, even if he fugged up and said "Good night, Sioux City." :shake:

The Greyhounds and Kenny Wayne Shepperd kicked butt Saturday night (I've discovered it' the Blues I like, not so much the Jazz....

CosmicPal
07-17-2005, 01:36 PM

mmaddog

That's okay. I found this pic of you I'm sure you won't mind me sharing with the Planet.

http://www.meatymeat.com/images/ugly/003.gif

Mosbonian
07-17-2005, 01:41 PM
That's okay. I found this pic of you I'm sure you won't mind me sharing with the Planet.

http://www.meatymeat.com/images/ugly/003.gif

Sorry....but as those who have met me(all 7 ) can tell you, that's not me because I don't have that much hair....well for that matter, teeth either.

mmaddog

Nzoner
07-17-2005, 03:22 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I did a "Men-In-Black" Neuralyzer zap on the rest of the gang so they will not remember anything about the meeting either.

That explains the fog I was in when I woke this morning.

JimNasium
07-17-2005, 03:39 PM
That explains the fog I was in when I woke this morning.
No, I think the explanation for the fog lies in the 9 margaritas that you consumed last night.

Rausch
07-17-2005, 03:41 PM
No, I think the explanation for the fog lies in the 9 margaritas that you consumed last night.

Looks like mamma' wants a chaser... :)

go bowe
07-17-2005, 03:44 PM
No, I think the explanation for the fog lies in the 9 margaritas that you consumed last night.only 9?

poor ol' zoner, must be getting old... :( :( :(

JimNasium
07-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Looks like mamma' wants a chaser... :)
Yeah, Joe was looking for drinks with umbrellas all night.

Mosbonian
07-17-2005, 07:26 PM
How was the food at FlatBranch?

The owner is the former CFO at the company that I work for....

It was great meeting all of you.....I felt bad not hanging around to give you all a ride to the concert, but i didn't want to get into any trouble with the REAL boss in the family.

How was the concert...and did Zoner remember not to run from the Columbia police?

mmaddog

Nzoner
07-18-2005, 09:14 AM
How was the food at FlatBranch?

The hotwings were ok(I had to add tobasco for my liking),the beer was good,the margaritas were great and the company(Nasium and friends,Rausch,and Stevie was fantastic.

It was great meeting all of you.....I felt bad not hanging around to give you all a ride to the concert, but i didn't want to get into any trouble with the REAL boss in the family.

Great to meet you too and thanks for circling back to make sure we made it to the bar after missing our turn.

How was the concert...and did Zoner remember not to run from the Columbia police?

mmaddog

The concert was very good and they even played my two favorite songs,Heard It On The X & Brown Sugar.Stevie also got the pleasure of hearing them play 2 Elvis songs,Viva Las Vegas & Jailhouse Rock.There was no opening act and ZZ only played for 90 minutes including the encore,for me this was good and bad.The bad of course was I was hoping an evening with ZZ Top would last a little longer,the good was they were only selling Bud Light and I had to go the entire show with no alcohol.

As for the cops,no good Delt stories,in fact other than the one time I made it out of a bar with drink in hand I don't know that the cops were even mentioned.

Overall it was a great time with alot of laughs and some good memories.The only thing that could have made it better was if I'd found a bar that made frozen strawberry margaritas. :D

ptlyon
07-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Buddy Guy was good on Friday night, even if he fugged up and said "Good night, Sioux City." :shake:

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
07-18-2005, 07:55 PM
ROFL

Eh, we got the last laugh....his Bus's porta-potty was "vandalized" and we spray painted...."you thought you were in Sioux City? THIS is what it smells like there."

Heh. ;)