PDA

View Full Version : All Chiefs fans are spoiled

regald
07-16-2005, 07:02 PM
I figured I'd make a catchy headline because I'm bored.

But nonetheless, it seems like so many people are salivating over Ty Law (Includeing myself) that you don't recognize the value of Patrick Surtain.

Having one shut down corner is incredible, attempting to get 2 is almost unheard of. If Warfield can up his game the upcoming season, him and Surtain could be a great 1-2 combo for years to come. Warfield is being paid like he's going to be an elite cornerback,he better damn well prove it.

The one problem that exists is injuries, if Surtain goes down you're basically left with Ambrose and Warfield. Not exactly the best premiere corners in the league.

Derrick Johnson and Kendrell Bell are amazing acquisitions, barring injuries. Bell is a great MLB and DJ is supposed to be the next Derrick Brooks, as those are almost his expectations already. Even if he plays decently, that's better than most of Carl's 1st round picks. It's a win win.

regald
07-16-2005, 07:03 PM
What are your thoughts on Marty Schottenheimer? It seems like he can always produce a great record but never goes all the way in the playoffs.

Phobia
07-16-2005, 07:05 PM
What are your thoughts on Marty Schottenheimer? It seems like he can always produce a great record but never goes all the way in the playoffs.

Is this supposed to provoke discussion beyond, "Yeah"?

regald
07-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah, but after he left you didn't exactly prosper.

cdcox
07-16-2005, 07:23 PM
regald:

Your info is several weeks out of date.

Warfield is suspsended for the first 4 games, which is the toughest part of the season. Sutrain - Ambrose doesn't exactly strike fear in opposing offenses.

Bell is slated for RLB while DJ (who is yet to sign a contract, let alone play a down in the NFL) is slated for RLB. The final positions could all change, but we still have a giant ? at MLB.

milkman
07-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah, but after he left you didn't exactly prosper.

Yeah, but with Marty as the HC, going to the playoffs is like going to the prom with your mother.

You're there, but you're still a loser.

4th and Long
07-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Yeah, but with Marty as the HC, going to the playoffs is like going to the prom with your mother.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

HemiEd
07-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Seven posts in and no mention of Scanlon? :Scanlon:

4th and Long
07-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Seven posts in and no mention of Scanlon? :Scanlon:
There is now. ROFL

And if you say Ty Law, I'm hunting you down and gutting you like a pig!!!

:p

DTLB58
07-16-2005, 08:09 PM

That is freaking genius man. :clap:

the Talking Can
07-16-2005, 08:15 PM

****ing perfect

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 04:09 AM
There is now. ROFL

And if you say Ty Law, I'm hunting you down and gutting you like a pig!!!

Ok, I won't say TY LAW! :D

Oh, and be careful of those threats, I do know how to PM!

4th and Long
07-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Ok, I won't say TY LAW! :D

Oh, and be careful of those threats, I do know how to PM!

htismaqe
07-17-2005, 05:07 AM
I don't see how you can say that fans of a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 30 years and hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade are "spoiled".

Over-Head
07-17-2005, 05:54 AM
I don't see how you can say that fans of a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 30 years and hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade are "spoiled".
He's a Chief's fan who's about a half bubble off plum thats how :D

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:18 AM
It is my belief that a person that claims to be a fan of any team that does not back the team 100% of the time is less of a fan.

A little further, a person that turns on the players, coach, owner, GM, etc. when things are not going the way they want them to is not really what I would call a true fan.

That's just my opinion. You can see it on this board and if you were to look on many of the other boards you will find the same thing A few dyed in the wool fans that always look on the up side and those that are great until a loss or even a close win and then start ranting and raving about the players, coach, etc.

I thought it was just with this team at first, but have found that it is rampant around the country. There are always fans that know more about the game of football than the people that are getting paid to be there. It is amazing.

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:20 AM

Because they turn on a dime!!!

the Talking Can
07-17-2005, 06:53 AM
It is my belief that a person that claims to be a fan of any team that does not back the team 100% of the time is less of a fan.

A little further, a person that turns on the players, coach, owner, GM, etc. when things are not going the way they want them to is not really what I would call a true fan.

ah...the TRUE FAN....we need more of those....

RedDread
07-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Since when does holding a team accountable for their mistakes and scrutinizing their decisions make one not a true fan?

If we here at the planet didn't have some harsh words after a bad season, then we'd be Rams fans, and our team would fade into obscurity the second we didn't make the playoffs.

nmt1
07-17-2005, 07:33 AM
Since when does holding a team accountable for their mistakes and scrutinizing their decisions make one not a true fan?

If we here at the planet didn't have some harsh words after a bad season, then we'd be Rams fans, and our team would fade into obscurity the second we didn't make the playoffs.

The Chiefs will rise and fall regardless of what you or I think or say or do.

RedDread
07-17-2005, 07:40 AM
The Chiefs will rise and fall regardless of what you or I think or say or do.

You misunderstand, I'm talking about in the eye of the public. There are many towns where once a team starts to falter they are completely written off and ignored until next season.

nmt1
07-17-2005, 07:41 AM
You misunderstand, I'm talking about in the eye of the public. There are many towns where once a team starts to falter they are completely written off and ignored until next season.

I believe that.
I don't believe that what we say here makes one bit of difference to the Chiefs though.

Electric
07-17-2005, 08:00 AM

When you are paying the salary of the team and staff, you then hold them accountable. If you are a fan, no you don't. You can be happy or sad according to their record, but for a fan to hold someone accountable with no backup..... well you draw your own conclusions.

I'm not saying there isn't alot of dissent when there is a loss, but what you have to remember is that you(we) are looking from the outside in.

Electric
07-17-2005, 08:01 AM

If that were a fact the Chiefs would not have a packed house on the last game of the season, especially last year.

Mr. Kotter
07-17-2005, 09:16 AM

But nonetheless, it seems like so many people are salivating over Ty Law (Includeing myself) that you don't recognize the value of Patrick Surtain.

Having one shut down corner is incredible, attempting to get 2 is almost unheard of. If Warfield can up his game the upcoming season, him and Surtain could be a great 1-2 combo for years to come. Warfield is being paid like he's going to be an elite cornerback,he better damn well prove it.

The one problem that exists is injuries, if Surtain goes down you're basically left with Ambrose and Warfield. Not exactly the best premiere corners in the league.

Derrick Johnson and Kendrell Bell are amazing acquisitions, barring injuries. Bell is a great MLB and DJ is supposed to be the next Derrick Brooks, as those are almost his expectations already. Even if he plays decently, that's better than most of Carl's 1st round picks. It's a win win.

Carl? Is that you? :hmmm:

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 09:35 AM

ROFL where do you come up with that stuff?

htismaqe
07-17-2005, 11:21 AM

That's just my opinion. You can see it on this board and if you were to look on many of the other boards you will find the same thing A few dyed in the wool fans that always look on the up side and those that are great until a loss or even a close win and then start ranting and raving about the players, coach, etc.

I thought it was just with this team at first, but have found that it is rampant around the country. There are always fans that know more about the game of football than the people that are getting paid to be there. It is amazing.

Why does this post not surprise me?

StcChief
07-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm not getting the spoiled part....
Last SB was IV.....
Playoff loses in '90s....

Spoiled how about Lambs fans in 2000 as they fell in to the Superbowl and won.
Losing to the Pats brought them back to Earth....

They are still livin' on that high over here.

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm not spoiled. I just expect to have a pair of cornerbacks like Lewis and Ross, or maybe Hasty and Carter, or maybe Emmitt Thomas and Jim Marsalis. Is that asking a lot?

Dave Lane
07-17-2005, 02:07 PM
We are spoiled how? Our one SB win in 40 years or?

Dave

regald
07-17-2005, 03:52 PM
I think what you're seeing is fans who are dramatically "displeased" over postseason play.

I think they're just trying to get things on the right track, whether Peterson makes a questionable move or not.

More of these reponses are out of frusteration than anything else and it's understandable. The last time you were in the playoffs, you were dominated by the Colts, and that's ok.

chiefs4me
07-17-2005, 03:57 PM

I am spoiled because I love the chiefs...well then call me a spoiled bitch all you want...:harumph:

regald
07-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Most of you fail to realize that you've made some of the biggest, and possibly best, free agent acquisitions in the past few years.

You took a crap defense and filled it with stars, even a top 4 cornerback. IMO, your signings were much better than the Vikings. They acquired an old MLB in Sam Cowart, an up and comer in Napolean Harris, a large DT that will retire in a few years, and a good cornerback.

You got a great linebacker, drafted possibly a better one, you got one of the best cornerbacks in the league. You got a safety that can create turnovers, someone whose hasn't been stricken with terrible secondary play.

chiefs4me
07-17-2005, 04:02 PM

Who the **** do you think you are to be telling me if I am a true fan or not...you can kiss my ass and close the door on your way out.:harumph:

chiefs4me
07-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Most of you fail to realize that you've made some of the biggest, and possibly best, free agent acquisitions in the past few years.

You took a crap defense and filled it with stars, even a top 4 cornerback. IMO, your signings were much better than the Vikings. They acquired an old MLB in Sam Cowart, an up and comer in Napolean Harris, a large DT that will retire in a few years, and a good cornerback.

You got a great linebacker, drafted possibly a better one, you got one of the best cornerbacks in the league. You got a safety that can create turnovers, someone whose hasn't been stricken with terrible secondary play.

We have not failed to realize anything...now you need to go back to the board you came from, you are just trying to get these boys riled up, and that is my job....:harumph:

regald
07-17-2005, 04:07 PM
My post praises your free agent signings, yet I'm "riling" the old Kansas Boys' up.

Go Broncos.

Bowser
07-17-2005, 04:14 PM
My post praises your free agent signings, yet I'm "riling" the old Kansas Boys' up.

Go Broncos.

Go Broncos?????

Wile_E_Coyote
07-17-2005, 04:22 PM

Go Broncos.

give us your slow, old, midgets & first round busts?

well up yours!

chiefs4me
07-17-2005, 04:29 PM

Go Broncos.

I knew you weren't a chiefs fan, I could smell it on you...and I am not a boy.....:harumph:

Now get your donkey loving butt back to the slum......ROFL

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Who the **** do you think you are to be telling me if I am a true fan or not...you can kiss my ass and close the door on your way out.:harumph:

Your ass has a door?

luv
07-17-2005, 04:34 PM

I'll try to keep it short. I used to roller skate competitively. Whenever I fell or goofed something up and didn't win, my parents would question what I did wrong. If my coach was doing something they didn't like, they heard about it from my parents. Did my parents love me any less even while criticizing my performance? No. Think of my parents as Chiefs fans and me as the Chiefs.

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Think of my parents as Chiefs fans and me as the Chiefs.

And the milkman as Lamar Hunt.

luv
07-17-2005, 04:42 PM
ROFL I'd rep you again, but I just did on another post. Gotta spread the love before I can give it to you again.

milkman
07-17-2005, 04:43 PM

No.
Most of us do realize the type of offseason we've had.
We knew with the FA signings, the trades and the draft, which also includes a punter that has the potential to help our defense with field position, Carl has done a major overhaul.

But we also realize that the #2 CB position, along with a questionable front four, has the potential to still put the offense in a position to win in shootouts in the first four games.

We think the D has a chance to be better, but we'd also like to add a player that improves those chances.

regald
07-17-2005, 04:43 PM
I said Go Broncos as a joke. Someone accused me of attempting to anger Chief's fans by giving them praise.

I'm a Colt's fan BTW.

Electric
07-17-2005, 04:45 PM
I'll try to keep it short. I used to roller skate competitively. Whenever I fell or goofed something up and didn't win, my parents would question what I did wrong. If my coach was doing something they didn't like, they heard about it from my parents. Did my parents love me any less even while criticizing my performance? No. Think of my parents as Chiefs fans and me as the Chiefs.

NO!

Electric
07-17-2005, 04:45 PM

If the shoe fits, wear it!!!!!:cuss:

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 04:46 PM
I said Go Broncos as a joke. Someone accused me of attempting to anger Chief's fans by giving them praise.

I'm a Colt's fan BTW.

We don't joke about that kind of thing around these parts.

Bowser
07-17-2005, 04:48 PM

I'm a Colt's fan BTW.

GO COLTS?????

luv
07-17-2005, 04:49 PM
NO!
Why not? Can you not stretch your brain around the conept I was attempting to illustrate? Just because you criticize your team, doesn't mean you're not a fan, or that you have turned your back on them. You're a loyal follower who wants your team to do well, so you're going to have opinions about the way things might need to be done. Does that mean you think you know more? No. An opinion is just an opinion.

Electric
07-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Why not? Can you not stretch you brain around the conept I was attempting to illustrate? Just because you criticize your team, doesn't mean you're not a fan, or that you have turned your back on them. You're a loyal follower who wants you team to do well, so you're going to have opinions about the way things might need to be done. Does that mean you think you know more? No. An opinion is just an opinion.

If I knew that I could do better, I would criticize. IF I COULD DO BETTER, I'D BE GETTTING PAID TO DO IT!!!!

That's my point, we are not getting paid to correct what we see as weaknesses in coaching or player performance. We are fans, we should enjoy the wins and learn to live with the losses and move forward. The critical nature of many fans (NOT JUST CHIEFS FANS) is to tear the team apart when things don't go their way.

The opinion expressed is the one I have and will keep. I will not waiver on this point.

milkman
07-17-2005, 04:55 PM

Cool, I used to be Lamar Hunt!

luv
07-17-2005, 04:56 PM
If I knew that I could do better, I would criticize. IF I COULD DO BETTER, I'D BE GETTTING PAID TO DO IT!!!!

That's my point, we are not getting paid to correct what we see as weaknesses in coaching or player performance. We are fans, we should enjoy the wins and learn to live with the losses and move forward. The critical nature of many fans (NOT JUST CHIEFS FANS) is to tear the team apart when things don't go their way.

The opinion expressed is the one I have and will keep. I will not waiver on this point.
It's a football thread on the internet. If you disagree with the people here that much, go find the type of fans that you can agree with. There are probably hundreds more.

chefsos
07-17-2005, 04:57 PM

I'm a Colt's fan BTW.

Knew you weren't a Chiefs fan, because you called them "Broncos." There are no Broncos in our world; feel free to utilize any or all of the following: Donkeys/Donks/Donx/Cheatin' Donks/Incestcos/Miserable Fat Belgian Bastards.

Any other derogatory name will do as well.

milkman
07-17-2005, 04:58 PM

So you never critisize anything that is produced if you have never had any hand in the production of a product?

luv
07-17-2005, 05:01 PM
So you never critisize anything that is produced if you have never had any hand in the production of a product?
No $hit. Ever go to McDonald's and have them get an order not to your liking? You gonna go back there and make it yourself, or are you gonna gripe that it wasn't made right to the person sitting in the passenger seat?

Electric
07-17-2005, 05:02 PM

I research what I buy, so I'm fairly familiar with what I'm getting. If I don't own it, I don't care if it is garbage. I tend to buy what I want after the research.

I've researched the Chiefs and I like what I see as a team overall. Even the years they really sucked I was 100% totally a Chiefs fan. I did not criticize Lamar, the HC of the era, the DC of the era, or the OC of the era.

That's just the way I am.

Nightfyre
07-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Lets not talk about what carl did this offseason. Clearly, regald, you need to be briefed on what we did LAST offseason.

Electric
07-17-2005, 05:03 PM
No $hit. Ever go to McDonald's and have them get an order not to your liking? You gonna go back there and make it yourself, or are you gonna gripe that it wasn't made right to the person sitting in the passenger seat?

That's a case of paying for a service. If the service is substandard you get it corrected.

Nightfyre
07-17-2005, 05:04 PM
I suppose that me criticizing my team when they do stupid stuff makes me a bad fan though....

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 05:05 PM
I research what I buy, so I'm fairly familiar with what I'm getting. If I don't own it, I don't care if it is garbage. I tend to buy what I want after the research.

I've researched the Chiefs and I like what I see as a team overall. Even the years they really sucked I was 100% totally a Chiefs fan. I did not criticize Lamar, the HC of the era, the DC of the era, or the OC of the era.

That's just the way I am.

Ethan Horton thanks you.

luv
07-17-2005, 05:06 PM
That's a case of paying for a service. If the service is substandard you get it corrected.
Do you get into Arrowhead for free? Do you not pay for cable or satellite tv? If the Chiefs lose, are you going to demand your money back?

milkman
07-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Do you get into Arrowhead for free? Do you not pay for cable or satellite tv? If the Chiefs lose, are you going to demand your money back?

I'm just thinking that Electric never came away from a movie thinking that the way they handled a certain scene could have been better.

Or the casting of a character was questionable.

Or special effects were something less than spectacular.

If he's ever complained about a movie, then he's a hypocrite.

luv
07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm just thinking that Electric never came away from a movie thinking that the way they handled a certain scene could have been better.

I'm going to guess him being around 18. Wonder if his birthday is on his profile.

luv
07-17-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm going to guess him being around 18. Wonder if his birthday is on his profile.
21, I was close though.

milkman
07-17-2005, 05:18 PM

Feb '84.

Not a bad guess.

4th and Long
07-17-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm 21 but trapped in a much older body. :(

luv
07-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Feb '84.

Not a bad guess.
Just something about cockiness and not yielding to see someone else's point of view. Just reminds me of a teenager. I see his point. I felt the same way at first. You people have corrupted me!!

4th and Long
07-17-2005, 05:22 PM
You people have corrupted me!!
FINALLY! IT'S WORKING! MUWAAAHAHAHA!!!!! :fire: :evil:

Phobia
07-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Just something about cockiness and not yielding to see someone else's point of view. Just reminds me of a teenager. I see his point. I felt the same way at first. You people have corrupted me!!

He's not 21. He's 50+, maybe even pushing 60. He's one of the original "true fans" morons. He's been around in one form or another since this board was started.

ENDelt260
07-17-2005, 05:25 PM
When you are paying the salary of the team and staff, you then hold them accountable. If you are a fan, no you don't.

The hell I don't. I pay their salary in $60 installments.

Electric
07-17-2005, 05:28 PM
The hell I don't. I pay their salary in $60 installments.

I disagree, you pay $60.00 installments for entertainment. No more, no less.

Phobia
07-17-2005, 05:29 PM

Take an economics course.

luv
07-17-2005, 05:30 PM
You don't think ticket sales help pay for salaries?

4th and Long
07-17-2005, 05:30 PM
You pay for a crap shoot. You get what you get. You, the fan, can't prevent injuries that ruin a season, etc. Deal with it.

ENDelt260
07-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Are you getting your Chiefs tickets for free? Hook me up, man.

Electric
07-17-2005, 05:31 PM

I'm paying for entertainment, the games I've seen have always given what I paid for. I don't like it when we lose, but that's part of sports.

FloridaChief
07-17-2005, 05:33 PM

Well, I'll be goddamned! The user-name may change, but the shit-stupidness of the content remains the same...

Electric

You missed the part about paying for entertainment. I paid, I watched, I left. Sometimes you feel more entertained that others, but if you don't like a movie get up and walk out.

ENDelt260
Well, I'll be goddamned! The user-name may change, but the shit-stupidness of the content remains the same...
ROFL

Electric
07-17-2005, 05:35 PM
21, I was close though.

Go back and look again, it's been corrected.

luv
07-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Go back and look again, it's been corrected.
So why lie the first time?

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:00 PM
You don't think ticket sales help pay for salaries?

Not as much as the network deals if at all.

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Are you getting your Chiefs tickets for free? Hook me up, man.

Acutally I've gotten my fair share of free tickets, but I'm like the rest of the working world, I pay for my own.

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:02 PM

Nice guy!!! You part of the southern "real fans"?

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Electric's not a spoiled fan.

That's his normal smell.

(No offense. Couldn't resist.)

luv
07-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Nice guy!!! You part of the southern "real fans"?
Another reason I pegged you for a teenager is the fact that I think you get a kick out of trying to start $hit. I'm not impressed.

Someone let me know when this guy gets banned. Until then, he's going on my ignore list.

4th and Long
07-17-2005, 06:05 PM

That's his normal smell.

RIMSHOT! http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/5834/rimshot4ik.gif

luv
07-17-2005, 06:07 PM

That's his normal smell.

Figures he'd wait to chime in with all his $hit whenever a Colts fan starts a thread. Some Chiefs fan.

Logical
07-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Another reason I pegged you for a teenager is the fact that I think you get a kick out of trying to start $hit. I'm not impressed.

Someone let me know when this guy gets banned. Until then, he's going on my ignore list.Well that was fast even for TC. ROFL

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:12 PM
It's amazing what you can say and get by with, but comment about the league wide attitude of fans and everyone that says they are a fan go apesh!t.

Has it struck a nerve?

The thread says "All Chiefs fans are spoiled"

As far as me being spoiled, I've lived through more crappy years than most of you. That doesn't give me any rights or privleges above anyone else. It does seem odd that the one freedom we all have is of speech. What part of what I said goes against that principle?

Am I an obnoxious Chiefs fan? Yes siree!! Do your beliefs influence me in the slightest? Probably not.

I've learned to live with you guys and your off the wall crap.

I'd recommend that you all place me on Iggy. Won't bother me in the slightest.

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:12 PM
Well that was fast even for TC. ROFL

This logon has been here for a while more than a few hours. What took so long?

luv
07-17-2005, 06:14 PM
It's really hard to push my buttons, but once you do, I have a very low tolerence for shitstarters. I'm not giving him anymore of the attention he is obviously craving. F*ck that.

chefsos

:DYou know something bad is going to happen if you name him, don't you?

Logical
I disagree, you pay $60.00 installments for entertainment. No more, no less.Thanks Carl, we really enjoy the excuses you get people to accept for your inability to succeed in building a champion.

Logical
07-17-2005, 06:16 PM
:DYou know something bad is going to happen if you name him, don't you? Oh yea the scathing PM would be hard to bear (or is it bare). I really wish I did not have a personal philosophy that does not allow me to share them. Course I have deleted them all now anyway.

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:22 PM

Someone let me know when this guy gets banned. Until then, he's going on my ignore list.

Ignore if you must. My post was in line with the thread title.

As far as stirring up stuff, isn't that just about what everyone on any bulletin board is after in one way or another? If not, don't you have something better to do?

Electric
07-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks Carl, we really enjoy the excuses you get people to accept for your inability to succeed in building a champion.

You have the age to remember what the Chiefs records were like between '72 and '88.

What has Carl done that the other GM's have not?

Playoffs?

Packed house?

Raised the popularity of the Chiefs?

32 Teams start out for the Super Bowl each year, only two get in. I'm sure that number doesn't surprise anyone. There are teams that haven't even had the opportunity to be where we have been. I'm not happy that our last claim on bragging rights in the NFL was in 1970, but I also know that no matter how pissed off I get and how many names I call CP, DV or LH it will not do one iota to change what they do or how they do it. I am satisfied that for the last two years we have been in virtually every game we have played and this year, barring any catestrophic injuries, we will be in a much better position to fulfill everyone's dream of another SB.

Call me fickle if you want, but I'm still supporting the WHOLE Chiefs organization.

Phobia
07-17-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm paying for entertainment, the games I've seen have always given what I paid for. I don't like it when we lose, but that's part of sports.

I see you've been drinking the Gretzberry koolaid.

milkman
07-17-2005, 06:55 PM
You missed the part about paying for entertainment. I paid, I watched, I left. Sometimes you feel more entertained that others, but if you don't like a movie get up and walk out.

Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Electric
07-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Nope. But I have to qualify that. When I was a kid my mom may have driven out of the local drive in while I was sleeping in the back window of our '53 Chevy.

Electric
07-17-2005, 07:09 PM
I see you've been drinking the Gretzberry koolaid.

Nope, can't have sugar anymore.

milkman
07-17-2005, 07:13 PM
Nope. But I have to qualify that. When I was a kid my mom may have driven out of the local drive in while I was sleeping in the back window of our '53 Chevy.

So you've enjoyed every movie that you've ever paid to see at the theatre?

ENDelt260
07-17-2005, 07:16 PM
What's most amusing is that apparently folks still find this "debate" fresh enough to actually go through with the exercise after all this time.

milkman
07-17-2005, 07:19 PM
What's most amusing is that apparently folks still find this "debate" fresh enough to actually go through with the exercise after all this time.

As I said in another thread, work and time issues kept me from spending a lot of time here for a couple of years, so it is still fresh to me, and I'm just dumb enough to get in this debate.

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 07:21 PM

Ding Ding
We have a winner!

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Ding Ding
We have a winner!

I feel a need to clairfy how I feel on this. Everyone is right, the team is to you what you want it to be. You can not expect to tell someone else what it should be to them. I see the team different than I did prior to joining the planet.

Electric
07-17-2005, 07:27 PM
So you've enjoyed every movie that you've ever paid to see at the theatre?

Without fear of reprisal I can say yes. Something you should know is that I don't go to a movie unless I feel that I would enjoy it. I go to fewer movies than probably most everyone I know. I judge if I would be interested or not before I go.

Electric
07-17-2005, 07:28 PM
I feel a need to clairfy how I feel on this. Everyone is right, the team is to you what you want it to be. You can not expect to tell someone else what it should be to them. I see the team different than I did prior to joining the planet.

I know what you mean. I have had my perceptions modified by the people on this board in ways that I shudder to think about.

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 07:33 PM
I know what you mean. I have had my perceptions modified by the people on this board in ways that I shudder to think about.

I can not wait for the season to start and view them with my current perspective. Kind of like getting a new pair of glasses.

Electric
07-17-2005, 07:40 PM
I can not wait for the season to start and view them with my current perspective. Kind of like getting a new pair of glasses.

I hope your new glasses read 20/SB

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 07:46 PM
I hope your new glasses read 20/SB

I really feel very stongly that they will. But to qualify, I have many times in the last 35 years of watching them.
Even if they don't, I will get more out of the games I believe.

Electric
07-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I really feel very stongly that they will. But to qualify, I have many times in the last 35 years of watching them.
Even if they don't, I will get more out of the games I believe.

Just for the record, every season since 1966 the Chiefs have been going to return to the SB every year. I'm a hopeless optimistic.

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Just for the record, every season since 1966 the Chiefs have been going to return to the SB every year. I'm a hopeless optimistic.

There was several years when Optimistic might be the wrong term.

Electric
07-17-2005, 08:05 PM
There was several years when Optimistic might be the wrong term.

But never until after the first or second game.

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 08:13 PM
But never until after the first or second game.

So you are saying that after you actually got see them play those bad years you knew they were not going anywhere. I can relate to that, we only had so much information. We did not have the Planet.

The lack of even making the playoffs curse seemed like it would never end.

Electric
07-17-2005, 08:22 PM
So you are saying that after you actually got see them play those bad years you knew they were not going anywhere. I can relate to that, we only had so much information. We did not have the Planet.

The lack of even making the playoffs curse seemed like it would never end.

I don't know if I ever gave up on them. I watched every game I could every year since 1963. I grew up in Lansing and we only got occasional away games and very seldom home games on TV.

While I was in the Navy I hardly got to see a game unless they were playing where I was stationed. After the Navy I had relocated to SE Kansas and got more games. When I started making enough money to justify some entertainment I started going to KC to games. Between '80 and '86 you could get free tickets almost at the drop of a hat. One vendor gave me a group of 8 tickets for 3 home games, I had 21 instant friends!!! (not all of them were granted visitation to Arrowhead though.)

Now my son and I watch games at home or in KC all season. We are planning on a visit to summer camp, maybe this year maybe next.

chiefs4me
07-17-2005, 08:36 PM

Thanks, I thought it was him...

HemiEd
07-17-2005, 08:39 PM
I don't know if I ever gave up on them. I watched every game I could every year since 1963. I grew up in Lansing and we only got occasional away games and very seldom home games on TV.

While I was in the Navy I hardly got to see a game unless they were playing where I was stationed. After the Navy I had relocated to SE Kansas and got more games. When I started making enough money to justify some entertainment I started going to KC to games. Between '80 and '86 you could get free tickets almost at the drop of a hat. One vendor gave me a group of 8 tickets for 3 home games, I had 21 instant friends!!! (not all of them were granted visitation to Arrowhead though.)

Now my son and I watch games at home or in KC all season. We are planning on a visit to summer camp, maybe this year maybe next.

I never gave up on them either, but reality has to be part of it for me. I believed strongly that we would win the 71 SB and several after that with that group. But once Steve Fuller, Todd Blackledge and some of those guys were our future I did not set my hopes past beating Oakland. When they were running the winged T under Marv Levy did you actually think they were going to the Super Bowl?
When they hired Marty, I felt we were going most years. He did beat the f##k out of Oakland though.

Electric
07-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks, I thought it was him...

All you had to do was ask.

Electric
07-17-2005, 09:55 PM
I never gave up on them either, but reality has to be part of it for me. I believed strongly that we would win the 71 SB and several after that with that group. But once Steve Fuller, Todd Blackledge and some of those guys were our future I did not set my hopes past beating Oakland. When they were running the winged T under Marv Levy did you actually think they were going to the Super Bowl?
When they hired Marty, I felt we were going most years. He did beat the f##k out of Oakland though.

The problem with QB's and KC is that their method of bringing in the hot college QB was to let him sit on the bench and learn. Some of the other teams proved that you eat the record for a year and let the young gun learn as in "trial by fire". That guy in Dallas didn't do bad, started 1-15 and then won how many SB's?

milkman
07-18-2005, 05:53 PM
The problem with QB's and KC is that their method of bringing in the hot college QB was to let him sit on the bench and learn. Some of the other teams proved that you eat the record for a year and let the young gun learn as in "trial by fire". That guy in Dallas didn't do bad, started 1-15 and then won how many SB's?

Wait!
Are you questioning the coaching decisions regarding QBs?

regald
07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Peyton Manning took his licks from the start. He threw something like 23 TD's and 21 INT's. The Colt's were 3-13 that year, the only thing that gave us hope was that he broke lots of rookie records.

Him taking his licks helped because we were able to drafted Edgerrin James that year and we went 13-3 the next. That's the biggest turn around in NFL history.

It's probably preferable to let the QB pay his rookie dues, I think starting Eli from the beginning would've been better for last year. He pretty much threw out their chances (pun intended) for the playoffs, but whose to say he's not done learning the game, he may throw away a few games next year too.

Electric
07-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Wait!
Are you questioning the coaching decisions regarding QBs?

Look into it what you want to, the history is there. Blackledge didn't get into a game until he had been on the sidelines enough to lose his edge.

milkman
07-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Look into it what you want to, the history is there. Blackledge didn't get into a game until he had been on the sidelines enough to lose his edge.

I'm not asking about the history.

I'm asking if you are questioning the coach's decision to leave him on the bench rather than starting him from the outset?

Rain Man
07-18-2005, 06:44 PM
It's probably preferable to let the QB pay his rookie dues, I think starting Eli from the beginning would've been better for last year. He pretty much threw out their chances (pun intended) for the playoffs, but whose to say he's not done learning the game, he may throw away a few games next year too.

I could agree with the Eli decision if he had started from Game 1, or if they had been out of the playoffs. I'm befuddled by the fact that they let Warner (or whoever) get them into position for the playoffs and then pulled him to start Eli and sink their chances.

Oh, and I have to say this: I hate that spoiled brat Eli. I hope he has a short and miserable career.