PDA

View Full Version : Affedlt Just Got Slammed By Farnsworth!

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Anybody see what happend??? Hernandez ejected, Guillen ejected and Farnsworth better get ejected.

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 12:49 PM
WTF? Now Brown is ejected!

Coach
07-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Anybody see what happend??? Hernandez ejected, Guillen ejected and Farnsworth better get ejected.

Elaborate please.

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 12:52 PM
I don't know! I guess Hernandez beamed Guillen in the head and some words was exchanged and they almost went at it, benches clear and Farnsworth body slammed Affedlt.

Coach
07-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I don't know! I guess Hernandez beamed Guillen in the head and some words was exchanged and they almost went at it, benches clear and Farnsworth body slammed Affedlt.

Haha

VonneMarie
Elaborate please.
If I'm asking people what happened how can I elaborate?

Coach
If I'm asking people what happened how can I elaborate?

Oh, I thought you were watching the game.

luv
07-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Maybe the players figured that people are getting into wrestling, so they threw this in to keep their attention. :shrug:

shakesthecat
07-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Elvys drills his 3rd Tigger of the game, in the mellon no less, and then challenges the guy to fight. It was awesome.

Farnsworth tackled Affeldt for some stupid reason. He'll get a few days off w/o pay, I'm sure.

I just hope Affeldt's career isn't over.

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Oh, I thought you were watching the game.
I was, I was just washing my hair and missed it.

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 12:57 PM
Elvys drills his 3rd Tigger of the game, in the mellon no less, and then challenges the guy to fight. It was awesome.

Farnsworth tackled Affeldt for some stupid reason. He'll get a few days off w/o pay, I'm sure.

I just hope Affeldt's career isn't over.
No shit. Affedlt just came off the DL, no need to get put back on it.

schneider221
07-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Besides hitting 2 players already, First pitch hernandez almost hit guillen on the foot then next pitch he hit him on the head...words exchanged guillen calling hernandez out so hernandez accepts and stats running over to him...everything calms down no punches or anything and then next we see bonderman going at it with otehrs and then hernandez and others get into it .....it calms down again and otu of noware farnsworth picks up affeldt and attempts a full throw down but isnt that succesful then a huge dog pile of players after that with punches going everyware....emil brown got screwed being ejected for holding farnsworth back after the big brawl...

beer bacon
07-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Early in the game Hernandez hit two players. After that the Tigers' pitcher a Royal. In the sixth Guilen (sp?) thought he got hit on the foot and started to first, but was called back by the ump. Hernandez was pissed and beaned him in the head. Guilen and Hernandez looked like they might go at it, and the benches were cleared. Bonderman went crazy. Farnsworth went crazy and tackled Affeldt, but I think Affeldt got him in a reverse headlock and went for the piledriver combo before they broke them up.

Bell, Emil Brown, Hernandez, and Castillo were all ejected for the Royals. From the Tigers Bonderman, Farnesworth (sp), and Guilen were ejected.

Coach
07-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Besides hitting 2 players already, First pitch hernandez almost hit guillen on the foot then next pitch he hit him on the head...words exchanged guillen calling hernandez out so hernandez accepts and stats running over to him...everything calms down no punches or anything and then next we see bonderman going at it with otehrs and then hernandez and others get into it .....it calms down again and otu of noware farnsworth picks up affeldt and attempts a full throw down but isnt that succesful then a huge dog pile of players after that with punches going everyware....emil brown got screwed being ejected for holding farnsworth back after the big brawl...

Damn, I sure wish RSTN was showing this. That would have been a dandy.

OmahaChief
Farnsworth has always liked to fight. He is a pretty stout dude I don't think Glass Affedlt wanted any part of him.

shakesthecat
No shit. Affedlt just came off the DL, no need to get put back on it.

To his credit, it appeared to me Jeremy wasn't doing anything to instigate. Farnsworth was just freaking out.

Good to see some bad blood develop in the division.

Coach
07-17-2005, 01:04 PM
To his credit, it appeared to me Jeremy wasn't doing anything to instigate. Farnsworth was just freaking out.

Heh. I will never forget Paul Wilson vs Kyle Farnsworth.

http://www.goshennews.com/news/files/2003/6/6-20-2003/sports.jpg

Sure-Oz
07-17-2005, 01:06 PM
I cant wait to see the replay on sportcenter, i just missed the fight too....

affeldt is pretty big guy himself, he mustve not seen it coming, farnsworth is a big ****er tootho.

apparently it seems that guillien triedo tshow up elvis by walking to first then elvis got pissed and chucked it at his head, good times lol

beer bacon
07-17-2005, 01:06 PM

The game is on the KC Family Greats station or whatever it is. If you live in the KC area you should be able to get it.

schneider221
07-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Ill tell you this...farnsworth is lucky that sisco didnt turn around a second earlier or else farnsworth would be on the ground....as he came around the pile he ran right by him...sisco is a big dude

shakesthecat
07-17-2005, 01:07 PM

That was great! ROFL

Coach
07-17-2005, 01:08 PM
The game is on the KC Family Greats station or whatever it is. If you live in the KC area you should be able to get it.

No, I don't live in the KC area, unfortunately.

I should be sometime soon, just a matter of when.

VonneMarie

I didn't say he did anything. Farnsworth is a POS and his actions was un called for.

chiefqueen
Brown was trying to restrain Farnsworth but he unsuccessful. (I guess he was ejected b/c Farnsworth got away.)

Sure-Oz
07-17-2005, 01:09 PM
matt stairs should get in his hummer and run over the tigers bullpen and take out farnsworth the next game.

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 01:09 PM

http://www.goshennews.com/news/files/2003/6/6-20-2003/sports.jpg
Classic. ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
07-17-2005, 01:11 PM
good shit, I was watching the whole thing. It owned. **** the Tiggers.

One thing that is cool... the Tigers have Lance Parrish, Alan Trammell, and Kirk Gibson on their bench. I didnt know this prior to the fight. Tigger greats.

I wish the Royals had George Brett, Frank White, and Hal McRae on our bench. :-=(

schneider221
07-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Nunez is mowin threw the tiggers now they must have given up

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 01:15 PM
If they hit Sweeney heads will roll!

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Affedlts in... he should get all the close calls.

schneider221
07-17-2005, 01:23 PM
he should just hit ivan in the head

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Berroa sure did his best to make that last inning more interesting than it needed to be.

Sure-Oz
07-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Berroa fell asleep, denny was pretty pised at that.

Valiant
07-17-2005, 02:11 PM

It is on Cable tv...

Coach
07-17-2005, 02:13 PM
It is on Cable tv...

But not on my local viewing area.

Valiant
07-17-2005, 02:14 PM
But not on my local viewing area.

I was doing my progressions down... :harumph:

Coach
07-17-2005, 02:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2110060

DETROIT -- Royals starter Runelvys Hernandez hit Detroit's Carlos Guillen in the head with a pitch, triggering a bench-clearing brawl in the sixth inning of Sunday's game.

Six players and Royals manager Buddy Bell were ejected in the melee, which started after Hernandez's third hit batter of the game.

The Royals led 4-0 when Hernandez threw a low and inside pitch that Guillen thought hit him. Guillen argued with plate umpire Marty Foster, and Detroit manager Alan Trammell came out to plead the case. The next pitch hit Guillen in the helmet.

Guillen yelled at Hernandez when he got up and the two charged each other. The dugouts and bullpens then cleared, with Hernandez and Guillen being kept away from each other.

The scuffle appeared to be over with no punches thrown, but more pushing and shoving began. Detroit reliever Kyle Farnsworth then charged Kansas City relief pitcher Jeremy Affeldt, picked him up and slammed him to the ground.

Hernandez, Bell, Emil Brown and Alberto Castillo were ejected for the Royals. Guillen, Farnsworth and Jeremy Bonderman also were tossed.

Hernandez hit two of the first three Tiger batters in the game, Brandon Inge and Chris Shelton. After Tigers starter Mike Maroth his David DeJesus in the second, Foster warned both dugouts.

Hernandez had only allowed two hits.

chiefsfan987
07-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Farnsworth got the worst of that deal. He had picked up Affeldt with the intention of slamming him into the ground and Affeldt turned at the last minute to land on Farnsworths head. The pile driver became the pile drivee.

Coach
07-17-2005, 03:14 PM
ROFL

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/DTS10907172100.jpeg

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/DTS10607171942.jpeg

Sure-Oz
07-17-2005, 04:34 PM
VIDEO of Whole fight
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050717&content_id=1134770&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc

Click the 350K link for thevideo

Sure-Oz
07-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Farnsworth got the worst of that deal. He had picked up Affeldt with the intention of slamming him into the ground and Affeldt turned at the last minute to land on Farnsworths head. The pile driver became the pile drivee.
No shit, they act like this was a huge take down on affeldt, this wasnt paul wilson over again!

Bowser
07-17-2005, 04:46 PM
VIDEO of Whole fight
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050717&content_id=1134770&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc

Click the 350K link for thevideo

Brilliant! Farnsworth tries to sucker slam Affeldt, and Affeldt drives Farnsworth's head into the turf.

Apparently, Hernandez didn't like Guillen trying to take a free base. There was no doubt about it - he was head hunting. You can see his eyes go right at Guillen's head before he throws the ball!

And who the hell are these announcers? Are they working for the Tigers, or just MLB announcer types?

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Affedlt did take Farnsworth down! Awesome!! ROFL

Sure-Oz
07-17-2005, 04:50 PM
I think their tiger ones cuz they got a huge boner when farnsworth restarted the fight. Plus they act as if farnsworth can take on the whole royals team himself. I saw his ass run right by Sisco hmm....

rockchalkgirl
07-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Now see, Sweeney's takedown of Weaver in 2001 was much more textbook. Perhaps Farnsworth should have watched more video before making his move. ROFL

Coach
07-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Affedlt did take Farnsworth down! Awesome!! ROFL

ROFL

Yeah, he did some type of a twirl wind and just DDT'd Farnsworth.

VonneMarie
07-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Now see, Sweeney's takedown of Weaver in 2001 was much more textbook. Perhaps Farnsworth should have watched more video before making his move. ROFL
Can anyone find video of that? ROFL

Sure-Oz
07-17-2005, 05:12 PM
ROFL

Yeah, he did some type of a twirl wind and just DDT'd Farnsworth.
haha one of my friends said that just a few min ago lol ROFL

rockchalkgirl
07-17-2005, 05:28 PM
VonneMarie,
I looked for it, but I was unable to find it. I will admit that the video in my brain is probably embellished somewhat, but I still giggle a little every time I see Weaver. It was better while he was getting his butt kicked on a regular basis when he was with the Yank-mes, but I still enjoy it nonetheless.

WilliamTheIrish
07-17-2005, 05:36 PM
If I had a name like Farnsworth, I'd be a fighter too.

Too bad he let Affeldt nearly crush his skull.

Pitt Gorilla
07-18-2005, 01:49 AM
I think the Tiger announcers take pride in the fact that they're mildly retarded. During the opening few weeks, I caught a few of their radio broadcasts and all they could talk about was how no one in the division could match up to their great lineup. It's interesting that "that's weak" and "get him out of here" didn't apply to Farnsworth's crap.

bkkcoh
07-18-2005, 05:35 AM
If I had a name like Farnsworth, I'd be a fighter too.

Too bad he let Affeldt nearly crush his skull.

I was thinking that too. When I heard what happened, I was expecting something a lot worse than what Affeldt actually received. It seemed almost as if Affeldt should have gotten a point or to for a bull dog or something of that nature... :hmmm:

It is amazing that there is a lot of bad blood between these 2 ever since the Sweeney incident with the 1 pitcher from Detroit, even though the pitcher is no longer there. IIRC.