PDA

View Full Version : FFL Trade: what do you think?

DTLB58
07-17-2005, 03:23 PM
I play in a keeper league and this morning I traded McNabb for Portis.

We use a distance scoring method where all t.d's are 6 points and then we get 1 bonus point for every 10 yards up to 40 yards. so the most points you get in one t.d. is 10.

My QB's I could have kept this year were Hasselbeck and Brees. I've had Hasselbeck for two years now and I really haven't been that impressed. Brees I picked up during the season last year and although he performed well last year they have a murderess schedule this year. I feel my team is clsoe to winning me a championship and wanted a 30+ t.d. scoring QB and the guy that had Donovan is a Redskins fan so I figured he would take it. I still have Dillion,Steven Jackson,Chris brown and westbrook to choose from as any of my keepers. I'll probably keep 2. Right now thinking on keeping Dillion and Jackson thanks to the Travis Henry trade.

I just figured nothing has gone right in Washington since Daniel Snyder took over ROFL and I don't think Portis is ever going to find the success he had running the football in Denver. Now I got one thing to say to T.O.

GET YOUR A** to camp! Because I got him on my team also :)

I just won't roote for them week 4

Valiant
07-17-2005, 03:31 PM
I play in a keeper league and this morning I traded McNabb for Portis.

We use a distance scoring method where all t.d's are 6 points and then we get 1 bonus point for every 10 yards up to 40 yards. so the most points you get in one t.d. is 10.

My QB's I could have kept this year were Hasselbeck and Brees. I've had Hasselbeck for two years now and I really haven't been that impressed. Brees I picked up during the season last year and although he performed well last year they have a murderess schedule this year. I feel my team is clsoe to winning me a championship and wanted a 30+ t.d. scoring QB and the guy that had Donovan is a Redskins fan so I figured he would take it. I still have Dillion,Steven Jackson,Chris brown and westbrook to choose from as any of my keepers. I'll probably keep 2. Right now thinking on keeping Dillion and Jackson thanks to the Travis Henry trade.

I just figured nothing has gone right in Washington since Daniel Snyder took over ROFL and I don't think Portis is ever going to find the success he had running the football in Denver. Now I got one thing to say to T.O.

GET YOUR A** to camp! Because I got him on my team also :)

I just won't roote for them week 4

If you mcnabb, great deal for you... if you got portis, your and idiot...

Rausch
07-17-2005, 03:39 PM

And his spelling probably sucks too...

DTLB58
07-17-2005, 03:42 PM

Sorry I posted that wrong. I gave Portis so I could get McNabb.

CosmicPal
07-17-2005, 03:43 PM
I think you meant you traded Portis for McNabb.

If you indeed got McNabb- you did yourself very well. :clap:

Rausch
07-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Sorry I posted that wrong. I gave Portis so I could get McNabb.

Great deal.

Plenty of good HB's this year, not very many good fantasy QB's...

Thig Lyfe
07-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Wow. Somebody got screwed.

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah, but McNabb lost Mitchell. How's he going to do without his favorite target? They were like total bosom buddies, you know.

regald
07-17-2005, 04:38 PM
It was a decent move but you can't doubt Brees regardless of his schedule. You always have to start the best guy in your lineup, Hasselbeck was shaky last year and Brees was spot on. You can't read too much into the schedule or you'll get burned.

Brees isn't Mcnabb, so Mcnabb gets the nod. But you gave up a good running back for a quarterback whose a notch above.

I'm not fond of Portis from a fantasy stand point at all. It's a good trade, but you have so much depth at QB that running back depth is a better bet.

Chris Brown will still get all his carries regardless of Travis Henry. Henry's more of a spell back and an insurance policy. Chris Brown should still have the same value.

I'm weary of Stephen Jackson. The rams don't run the football, they're a passing offense. Marshall Faulk was perfect for their scheme, Jackson is more of a north south runner, which Martz will use but not alot. They're going to take advantage of Jackson and Faulk, so that's still bad for Jackson, as he's not much of a receiver.

If you're going to keep anyone, I'd keep Dillon and Westbrook. Dillon is going to get his carries again, I assume, I don't know what Belichick has in store but you don't sparingly use a runnerback of his caliber.

Westbrook, barring an a training camp holdout, will get you touchdowns through the air and on the ground. He's almost like a younger Marshall Faulk but not in Faulk's prime.

You can probably bet Chris Brown will get injured sometime. He runs like a Sprinter and anyone can hit him anywhere they choose. He may stay injury free, but he's risky for injury concerns. He's still a good backup or even starter.

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 04:39 PM
It was a decent move but you can't doubt Brees regardless of his schedule. Sure you can.

regald
07-17-2005, 04:42 PM
No, you can't.

I started Billy Volek in my Championship game during his 4 TD hotstreak, which he did 3 times in a row over Brees last year. Volek was dominated by the Broncos and did nothing, Brees through something like 3 TD's against the Colts.

The name of the game is consistancy. Even Carson Palmer through 3 TD passes in the forth quarter against the Ravens. Like I said man, it's your choice to look at schedule, I did that last year and was burned.

I actually bought one of those fantasy magazines that judged who had the best schedule based on the preseason, it was completely wrong and useless. Now I know more than most of the writers in the damn magazine, I should write one myself.

Go to ESPN.com and read some of Eric Karabell's notes. All of these guys' opinions are slanted and all of them are going to be wrong, noone can predict the future. That's why you just have to put the best player out there.

Pants
07-17-2005, 04:43 PM
It was a decent move but you can't doubt Brees regardless of his schedule.

Hahahaha.

keg in kc
07-17-2005, 04:44 PM
No, you can't.

I started Billy Volek during his 4 TD hotstreak, which he did 3 times in a row, over Brees last year. Volek was dominated by the Broncos and did nothing, Brees through something like 3 TD's.

The name of the game is consistancy. Even Carson Palmer through 3 TD passes in the forth quarter against the Ravens. Like I said man, it's your choice to look at schedule, I did that last year and was burned. History repeats itself.I don't care about the schedule. I'm saying Brees won't repeat last season's performance regardless. I believe the word I'm looking for is "fluke". It happens from time-to-time in the NFL.

But I don't even play fantasy football, so I'm out of place in this discussion.

regald
07-17-2005, 04:47 PM
You have to realize that what you're saying is similar to me saying "Kurt Warner is going to do great next year".

You can't ever doubt someone whose proven, just as much as you can't praise someone whose unproven.

People thought Warner was going to prove people wrong. He played like utter crap. People thought David Carr was in for a breakout season, not even close.

You're trying to predict the future, if Brees tosses the same amount of TD's as last year, Which is MORE LIKELY than him failing, you just got burned in your trade.

You were smart not to expect Portis to have a breakout year, as he's yet to have one with the Redskins. That doesn't mean he can't either.

DTLB58
07-17-2005, 05:27 PM
I agree to a point. I play my studs no matter who they are playing. That's why there studs they do it no matter what. I consider McNabb a stud. I do not think that of Brees. I wanted a QB I can trust to play every week no matter the match-up. I will only protect one QB so I can still draft another and I'm sure Brees will still be there if I want to re-draft him.....

The theory of Chris Brown still getting all the carries and Henry not affecting his fantasy staus if both are 100% :hmmm: I am anxious to hear what Fisher has to say about this and how the preseason plays out and then maybe I will have a better idea whether I should keep Brown or not. I don't have to turn in my keepers till the Tuesday before the first Thursday night game so I have a while to watch and get a feel for it.

I am thinking the same of Westbrook becuase the Eagles will have Buckhalter back this season so I'm thinking he may lose carries and PT also.

From what I'm reading Steven Jackson will get most of the carries this year rather than Faulk but I am keeping an eye and ear on this also.

I have Witten and Heap at TE so I have put Heap on the trading block in my league in hopes this will get me a RB to replace Portis with.....

Thanks for all the opinions

regald
07-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey no problem.

I think it might be wise to keep Heap. Heap was Kyle Boller's scape goat in almost every drive. He was injured much of last season, so you didn't get to see him much, but he's probably Boller's #1 bail out. He's going to get his catches. Boller literally throws the ball in the air and just lets him catch it. He's a stud if I've ever known one. Witten did well early last season, then panned off for a bit, he didn't come out until Terry Glenn went down for the Cowboys.

It's going to be a different story with Terry Glenn back. Glenn was on his way to a 1000 yard season prior to his injury. Drew Bledsoe didn't really have a TE in Buffalo, so Witten may not be as productive. He's still a great player, but I think Heap will have a better season. Bledsoe would throw balls up for Lee Evans last year, I expect he'll do the same for Keyshawn and Glenn.

You never know what's going to happen, like I said, I like Heap better, but who knew Heap would go down and absolutely noone knew Jason Witten. I watched almost every cowboy game last year and he was becoming popular around week 2, but later panned off.

The same goes for Muhsin Muhammed. He didn't show up until around week 10. I was watching Highlights of the 49ers/Panthers game and saw that he caught 2-3 amazing TD grabs. I figured he was worth a grab. This was on a Monday after the Waiver order had already taken place, I went to check to see if he was there and some guy grabbed him 15 minutes before hand. Sorta stinks because I lost the #1 fantasy receiver by 15 minutes and there was only one other guy that thought he was worth taking a chance on.