PDA

View Full Version : Update about Ty Law.

Electric
07-17-2005, 05:03 PM
The following is the body of an email I recieved from a friend inside the Chiefs organization. Feel about as you may.

There is nothing even remotely likely that the Chiefs are in the midst of serious negotiations and about to sign Ty Law. Nothing could be further from the truth. Itís people trying to make news instead of reporting it. Itís not even rumor-worthy since nothing is taking place.

The team stays in touch just like the agent does with a half dozen other teams. Itís my understanding the player doesnít even have doctorís clearance to begin working out. Itís all nonsense.

regald
07-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Just curious, you don't have to reveal the source, but how closely connected is he?

He's not a computer programmer in the building or something right?

StcChief
07-17-2005, 05:11 PM
This I believe, it's business between agents and teams, nothing is happening.

Radio reporters trying to make up a story on a slow offseason day.

Bowser
That seals it. He'll sign a four year, 30 mil contract with an 8.75 million dollar signing bonus.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
The following is the body of an email I recieved from a friend inside the Chiefs organization. Feel about as you may.

There is nothing even remotely likely that the Chiefs are in the midst of serious negotiations and about to sign Ty Law. Nothing could be further from the truth. Itís people trying to make news instead of reporting it. Itís not even rumor-worthy since nothing is taking place.

The team stays in touch just like the agent does with a half dozen other teams. Itís my understanding the player doesnít even have doctorís clearance to begin working out. Itís all nonsense.

I really doubt any of us who truly follow Carl Petersen and his shennanigans actually believe we are looking at Ty Law. I know I dont.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-17-2005, 05:27 PM
this thread made Nick Athan & Whitlock cry

DaKCMan AP
07-17-2005, 05:34 PM
this thread made Nick Athan & Whitlock cry

and rhonda moss grab a big 'ole tub of ice cream

Den9899
07-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Big enough sig?

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 05:36 PM
There is nothing even remotely likely that the Chiefs are in the midst of serious negotiations and about to sign Ty Law.

Excellent!

regald
07-17-2005, 05:41 PM
For some Chiefs fans who are so bitter over Carl Peterson, you really don't know any better to say that "Great, we're not looking into Ty Law".

Ty Law has more value than all but 2 players on the defensive side of the ball, DJ and Surtain. He's definitely worth taking and believe me, Vermeil would take him if he had the chance, he's said if he jsut had the money, he'd grab him in a heart beat.

He's worth it barring injuries. His foot injury had nothing to do with toughness or his ability to fight through them, he was just unlucky by breaking part of it. There's not an injury trend at all either.

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 05:42 PM
So you would trade both Surtain and DJ for Ty Law, regald? Please answer the question without looking at your lawyer.

regald
07-17-2005, 05:44 PM
I might've messed up typing, I said Ty Law has more value than all but two of your defensive players, Surtain and DJ.

Rain Man
07-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Withdrawn.

Skip Towne
07-17-2005, 06:04 PM
Withdrawn.
Oh, great. An Indian, lowland gorilla lawyer.

Big Chief Homer
07-17-2005, 07:12 PM
if he doesnt have clearance to work out what was i watching on espn?

I could have sworn I saw him running around.

TRR
07-17-2005, 07:16 PM
if he doesnt have clearance to work out what was i watching on espn?

I could have sworn I saw him running around.

Work out, meaning, full contact with pads. Anyone can run around a few cones in shorts and a t-shirt.

headsnap
07-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Work out, meaning, full contact with pads. Anyone can run around a few cones in shorts and a t-shirt.

I doubt Whitlock could... :)

TRR
07-17-2005, 07:22 PM
I doubt Whitlock could... :)

LOL! He may have to stop and take a breather. There might have to be a water stand present...

Big Chief Homer
07-17-2005, 08:08 PM

wow thats news... Ty's not ready for full contact.Im glad I read this to find that out. :)

I guess I can dispose of the sirius radio now.

my source inside arrowhead told me we already knew all this :p