PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the TV series "The 4400"?

CanadaKC
07-17-2005, 10:47 PM
...cause I've been the stand-in for the lead actor Joel Gretsch since the pilot last year. If you have watched it...what do you think?

Taco John
07-17-2005, 11:41 PM
my wife an I love the first season, but haven't watched the second season yet... It's on the Tivo waiting to go though...

Rausch
07-17-2005, 11:45 PM
...cause I've been the stand-in for the lead actor Joel Gretsch since the pilot last year. If you have watched it...what do you think?

I told my girlfriend.

She says you got a nice ass. If you're ever at a premier and someone from the crowd pegs you in the gourd with a snowball, that's me...

ChiefsFanatic
07-17-2005, 11:48 PM
I have seen every episode except the new one tonight. It is on the Tivo though.

I am in fear that it will get canceled before the storylines can become resolved.

Also, The Closer, on TNT, and The Inside, on Fox, are a couple of new shows that are really good as well.

keg in kc
07-18-2005, 12:48 AM
I wondered if you were still working on that show.

To be honest, I've had a harder time getting into it this year. It doesn't seem to be up to par to the first season. Hopefully it'll pick up a little bit.

cookster50
07-18-2005, 07:04 AM
This latest episode has already been done about 10 times during the all of the Star Trek series. With that said, I thought it was decent. I like the show.

chagrin
07-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I have watched every episode until last night's. I chose to go swimming drunk, instead. Sad thing is, I don't know even one of those cast members names. The story has made some "questionable" moves this season but wahcking the leader guy was a very interesting turn of events.

Oh, just looked up Joel, is he reall yht elead actor of the show? I would have thought the guy who plays the healer (flueger?) would be him, next to the dead leader guy.

Anyway, this is interesting news. I will make sure to watch for you and submit my opinion. It is one of my favorite shows on the air right now - good job dude, my brush with famousness :)

CanadaKC
07-18-2005, 10:53 PM
If there's anything you want to know...aka spoilers...let me know....but don't tell the network... :p
I think the show is better than last year....especially the production value.....much more money invested in the series compared to last year. Joel is fantastic to work for....he's very funny and down-to-earth...a real family guy. Patrick Flueger is a great guy too...a party animal in real life...he really gets the chicks and is living large with the strippers here in Vancouver. But to me...M. Ali (the African-American guy) is the best blend of talent, professionalism, and class.
He's simply an outstanding actor, a gentleman, and and a big sports fan. Laura Allen is outstanding too...and she's an ultra-babe. Wow.
It's hard not to look at her and have lusty thoughts...but she's engaged to a pro-bike rider and I really like him so...that's that. Jacqueline McKenzie (Diana Skouris on the show) is very high maintenance on-set...
but she's very talented...and an awesome singer....she's coming out with her own DVD after the show wraps. Chad Faust is a local guy who moved to LA and has attitude...and he's a bit strange. Oh yeah...Billy Campbell...who plays Jordan Collier...is a blast...cause he doesn't give a shit but is a stellar actor. He's currently sailing around the world on a tall ship for a 16 month voyage. Anything else you want to know....let me know.

stevieray
07-18-2005, 11:00 PM
If there's anything you want to know...aka spoilers...let me know....but don't tell the network... :p
I think the show is better than last year....especially the production value.....much more money invested in the series compared to last year. Joel is fantastic to work for....he's very funny and down-to-earth...a real family guy. Patrick Flueger is a great guy too...a party animal in real life...he really gets the chicks and is living large with the strippers here in Vancouver. But to me...M. Ali (the African-American guy) is the best blend of talent, professionalism, and class.
He's simply an outstanding actor, a gentleman, and and a big sports fan. Laura Allen is outstanding too...and she's an ultra-babe. Wow.
It's hard not to look at her and have lusty thoughts...but she's engaged to a pro-bike rider and I really like him so...that's that. Jacqueline McKenzie (Diana Skouris on the show) is very high maintenance on-set...
but she's very talented...and an awesome singer....she's coming out with her own DVD after the show wraps. Chad Faust is a local guy who moved to LA and has attitude...and he's a bit strange. Oh yeah...Billy Campbell...who plays Jordan Collier...is a blast...cause he doesn't give a shit but is a stellar actor. He's currently sailing around the world on a tall ship for a 16 month voyage. Anything else you want to know....let me know.

tonight on ET....

Pezman
07-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Ira Steven Behr and co are kickass producers of this show. His work on Deep Space Nine was fantastic and actually rather familiar with this show's formula.

Tease, tease, off-topic, tease, big storyline, random dreamworld, tease tease etc... Its very familiar.

The wifey and I have been watching the show since its inception and we dig the hell out of it. For the most part, the first season was for all intensive purposes just one big story, but the second is actually developing characters. Which is a double edged sword btw... it can bore some viewers, but for those who stick with it, they will be rewarded with a fantastic and multi-layered show.

I just dont want them to do the flavor of the week type of shows all the time (aka random 4400 person).

You are in on a pretty cool production CanadaKC!

keg in kc
07-19-2005, 12:05 AM
I just dont want them to do the flavor of the week type of shows all the time (aka random 4400 person).That's what I'm not digging so much. I prefer story arcs. But you've got to do a few stand-alone shows when you have a longer season, I'd imagine.

Pezman
07-19-2005, 08:00 AM
That's what I'm not digging so much. I prefer story arcs. But you've got to do a few stand-alone shows when you have a longer season, I'd imagine.

I agree, but dont get me wrong, if they do a flavor of the week, it would be nice if they left some options open for them to return on a semi-regular basis. I hate the ones where they snuff the character out needlessly. (Maybe by now they should call it "The 3982")

I'm sure the show will get some legs and be pretty strong. Its got a good channel and audience to support it.

Gaz
07-19-2005, 08:06 AM
We watched the first [4] episodes of this season. I did not care for the 2-hour opener, but there is so little worthwhile science fiction on TV that I feel obligated to go the extra mile for any contender.

Unfortunately, this show simply failed to catch my interest.

I have officially bailed on “The 4400.”

xoxo~
Gaz
Hungry for some good science fiction.

Gaz
07-19-2005, 08:15 AM
However, I must say I was truly impressed with the work of the stand-ins.

xoxo~
Gaz
Adding that spoonful of sugar.

chagrin
07-19-2005, 08:50 AM

Very well, check yer pm then

Rain Man
07-19-2005, 08:53 AM
However, I must say I was truly impressed with the work of the stand-ins.

xoxo~
Gaz
Adding that spoonful of sugar.

Agreed. I said to my wife just the other night, "Look at how their faces aren't shadowed at all. They must have some awesome stand-ins."