PDA

View Full Version : It's always fun meeting new Planeteers.

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 07:34 AM
This weekend proved no as no exception to that rule. I'll just run down the list and make some commentary for the general readership of the board:

Exhibit 1: Stevie Ray (aka First Down Elvis) - Stevie was just as advertised. Funny, intelligent, and very intense. Hey Stevie, don't you think rap is an extension of the blues? ROFL

Exhibit 2: mmaddog - Mark (am I allowed to tell everyone your name) is not nearly as inconspicuous to me now. He's a hell of a nice guy and I look forward to hanging out with him again. If anyone is headed to Columbia drop him a line as he has the inside scoop on that town.

Exhibit 3: Nzoner - My second opportunity to meet Joe and I've got to say that he might be one of the nicest and most genuine guys I've met. He didn't even get upset when I teased him relentlessly.

Exhibit 4: Rausch - My second opportunity to meet Brad. I wish he could have stuck around longer but I was glad he went to the trouble of coming up for some beers. Brad's the kind of guy I could sit around and talk philosophy with for hours.

Dartgod
07-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Exhibit 1: Stevie Ray (aka First Down Elvis) - Stevie was just as advertised. Funny, intelligent, and very intense. Hey Stevie, don't you think rap is an extension of the blues? ROFL
Having met Stevie and become good friends with him, I can imagine exactly how that conversation went. ROFL

Skip Towne
07-18-2005, 08:15 AM
I'd show up at one of those meetings but I'm afraid I'll lose my mystique.

Nzoner
07-18-2005, 08:20 AM
I was replying to mmaddog's thread as this was being posted.

Had a great time myself,and Nasium props on the homemade brew and thanks for the opportunity to see my fav band once again.

Mosbonian
07-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Exhibit 2: mmaddog - Mark (am I allowed to tell everyone your name) is not nearly as inconspicuous to me now. He's a hell of a nice guy and I look forward to hanging out with him again. If anyone is headed to Columbia drop him a line as he has the inside scoop on that town.

Most all of the old-timers from The Star Board know my real name....the key to keeping inconspicuous is the effects of the Neuralyzers....well, that and making sure all copies of any pictures have been altered or destroyed.

It was great meeting you too....and your buddy Bret was a pretty nice guy for being a Broncos fan. It's just a shame that a lady as good looking as his, is a Bronco fan also...maybe with a little more homemade brew and some indoctrination we could convert her to a Chiefs fan.

mmaddog

|Zach|
07-18-2005, 06:19 PM
any your buddy Bret was a pretty nice guy for being a Broncos fan. It's just a shame that a lady as good looking as his,
Oh ya?? Hmmm.

stevieray
07-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Way cool time.

Mmaddog is a lot taller than I expected. Nice guy, of course.

JimN? Think Wally/Hellboy.

|Zach|
07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
ROFL ROFL

Nice.

papasmurf
07-18-2005, 08:18 PM
How come nobody posted haw excited they were to meet you Clay

tommykat
07-18-2005, 08:23 PM
I forgot where you all met...........Stevie is so cool, Brad? ROFL what a hoot...the rest I am brain dead........fooo

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 08:25 PM
I forgot where you all met...........Stevie is so cool, Brad? ROFL what a hoot...the rest I am brain dead........fooo
Wacka fooo!

tommykat
07-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Wacka fooo!

Who MOI??? :hmmm:

JimNasium
Did your invitation get lost in the mail?

Mosbonian

tk.....

I know I am pretty Inconspicuous...didn't know that it worked that well.

mmaddog

tommykat
07-18-2005, 08:30 PM
tk.....

I know I am pretty Inconspicuous...didn't know that it worked that well.

mmaddog

OOPS........as I said.........brain dead....;)

papasmurf
07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Did your invitation get lost in the mail?was that email

Mosbonian
07-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Way cool time.

Mmaddog is a lot taller than I expected. Nice guy, of course.

StevieRay.....

You're all that you've been billed as a cool guy.......and my wife was pretty PO'd that I didn't get my pic taken with the famous First Down Elvis.

I did....Jim's a first class guy. With a sense of humor just like you see here on the Planet. Was great to meet him.

mmaddog

Bob Dole
07-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Bob Dole is confused.

Which one of those is the new Planeteer?

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Bob Dole is confused.

The thread creator made a poor choice with his word selection. What I meant was Planeteers that I've not had the pleasure of meeting yet.

stevieray
07-18-2005, 08:43 PM
StevieRay.....

You're all that you've been billed as a cool guy.......and my wife was pretty PO'd that I didn't get my pic taken with the famous First Down Elvis.

I did....Jim's a first class guy. With a sense of humor just like you see here on the Planet. Was great to meet him.

mmaddog

I tried to get you in the pic, and I agree about jim, you shoulda seen him hitting on the waitress, it would make old men everywhere proud.

Mosbonian
07-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Bob Dole is confused.

tk.....she has her own version of short term memory loss, which means every day is her first day on the Planet.

mmaddog

Bob Dole
07-18-2005, 08:49 PM
The thread creator made a poor choice with his word selection. What I meant was Planeteers that I've not had the pleasure of meeting yet.

At least you're consistent.

You show your ass every time you meet one for the first time.

Mosbonian
07-18-2005, 08:53 PM
I tried to get you in the pic, and I agree about jim, you shoulda seen him hitting on the waitress, it would make old men everywhere proud.

The wife doesn't understand the 'low-profile' mmaddog after being married to me for 20+ years. When I tell her that I try to keep an inconspicuous persona, she just laughs hysterically.

When Jim was flirting, he didn't let the waitress know that we were friends did he? I still want to be able to go there without getting thrown out.

mmaddog

Count Zarth
07-18-2005, 08:54 PM
You know...I'll be in Springfield on the 26th through the 6th... :hmmm:

tommykat
07-18-2005, 08:56 PM
At least you're consistent.

You show your ass every time you meet one for the first time.

ROFL I can say that for sure!!

Phobia
07-18-2005, 09:53 PM
You know...I'll be in Springfield on the 26th through the 6th... :hmmm:

Oh damn - everybody is out of town.... How unfortunate.

JimNasium
07-19-2005, 04:39 AM
Oh damn - everybody is out of town.... How unfortunate.
Yep, I predict the classic Springfield get-together where nobody shows up. Enjoy Pro Bass Goat Cheese.

Count Zarth
07-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Yep, I predict the classic Springfield get-together where nobody shows up. Enjoy Pro Bass Goat Cheese.

Don't you mean Bass Pro?

I might have lunch with ZachKC and my cousin.

Donger
07-19-2005, 10:46 AM
While it would be interesting to meet some of you, I tend to frighten people the first (and usually last) time I socialize with other humans.

Nzoner
07-19-2005, 10:51 AM
While it would be interesting to meet some of you, I tend to frighten people the first (and usually last) time I socialize with other humans.

No problem,I'm sure I'll be fine in Colorado Springs,all by myself.

Rausch
07-19-2005, 10:55 AM
When Jim was flirting, he didn't let the waitress know that we were friends did he? I still want to be able to go there without getting thrown out.

mmaddog

Do they do carry out?...