PDA

View Full Version : Green chile beer.

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Being an avid homebrewer I've been familiar with green chile beer for some time now and even had perused several recipes. For some reason I could not match the flavor of green chile with beer and really had no desire to try it. That all changed on Saturday. We were at the Flat Branch in Columbia and ordered a sampler of their beers. On the menu was a green chile offering and it was delicious. It's a perfect beverage for summer consumption and is very refreshing. Has anyone else tried a smilar concoction?

redhed
07-18-2005, 09:48 AM
I had one of those Cave Creek jalapeno beers once.
Nasty chit, but I think they just plop a pepper in there with some crap light beer.
Not the same...

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 09:50 AM
I had one of those Cave Creek jalapeno beers once.
Nasty chit, but I think they just plop a pepper in there with some crap light beer.
Not the same...
Yeah, jalapeno sounds too intense to me. The green chile aftertaste on this beer was just right. Not really hot but certainly unmistakable.

Skip Towne
07-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Being an avid homebrewer I've been familiar with green chile beer for some time now and even had perused several recipes. For some reason I could not match the flavor of green chile with beer and really had no desire to try it. That all changed on Saturday. We were at the Flat Branch in Columbia and ordered a sampler of their beers. On the menu was a green chile offering and it was delicious. It's a perfect beverage for summer consumption and is very refreshing. Has anyone else tried a smilar concoction?
Did the Columbia crew like your beer? What % alcohol is it?

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 09:52 AM
Did the Columbia crew like your beer? What % alcohol is it?
They didn't drink the sampler. I'm pretty sure they stuck to wheat beers and Nzoner wouldn't drink anything that didn't have an umbrella in it. As far as the ABV I have no earthly idea.

redhed
07-18-2005, 10:07 AM
There was a party in Columbia?!?! Man, nobody tells me nuthin'. Wife was outa town too. :banghead:

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 10:08 AM
There was a party in Columbia?!?! Man, nobody tells me nuthin'. Wife was outa town too. :banghead:
Don't blame me, blame mmaddog. :)

Nzoner
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
They didn't drink the sampler. I'm pretty sure they stuck to wheat beers and Nzoner wouldn't drink anything that didn't have an umbrella in it. As far as the ABV I have no earthly idea.

I'd say the tequila went rather well with a ZZ Top concert,before and after.Besides,it's not like I was jonesin' for a fuzzy navel or something.

As for the beer,lest you forgot from your LONE shot of tequila :p ,I had 2 of your tasty homebrews in the room along with numerous Blvd Wheats and the shot of Seagrams with Stevie before we headed out.

Speaking of before we headed out we'll see if this works....

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I'd say the tequila went rather well with a ZZ Top concert,before and after.Besides,it's not like I was jonesin' for a fuzzy navel or something.

As for the beer,lest you forgot from your LONE shot of tequila :p ,I had 2 of your tasty homebrews in the room along with numerous Blvd Wheats and the shot of Seagrams with Stevie before we headed out.

Speaking of before we headed out we'll see if this works....
Just busting your chops dude. Who is that tall, ugly fugger?

RedNFeisty
07-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Green Chili Beer, that just sounds nasty. :Lin:

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Green Chili Beer, that just sounds nasty. :Lin:That's what I thought too but it was much different than expected. Of course you must take into account that I'm slightly touched in the head.

|Zach|
07-18-2005, 04:18 PM
What kind of mad scientists beer concontions are coming next?

Nzoner
07-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Of course you must take into account that I'm slightly touched in the head.

By the end of that night I think we all were.

RedNFeisty
07-18-2005, 04:21 PM
That's what I thought too but it was much different than expected. Of course you must take into account that I'm slightly touched in the head.

Touched in the head!?! Either you are going way back in the slang book or I am not getting which head you are referring to. :)

RedNFeisty
07-18-2005, 04:22 PM
What kind of mad scientists beer concontions are coming next?

Off the thread subject:

Zach, is that your new roommate in your avatar!?!

RedNFeisty
07-18-2005, 04:23 PM
By the end of that night I think we all were.

You should put that picture up for a "Caption This"!!

"He's the one getting it in the rear tonight!" Poor JN has no one to point at, guess he was it!!

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Touched in the head!?! Either you are going way back in the slang book or I am not getting which head you are referring to. :)
Touched in the head = Crazy
Would you like to touch the head? = My idea of small talk.

JimNasium
07-18-2005, 04:26 PM

"He's the one getting it in the rear tonight!" Poor JN has no one to point at, guess he was it!!
I can assure you that I slept on my back the entire night.

Nzoner
07-18-2005, 04:26 PM

heh,guess our ZZ Top impression really sucked.

|Zach|
07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Off the thread subject:

Zach, is that your new roommate in your avatar!?!
Oh wow I wish, nope its a chick thats in a band that opened up for Better Than Ezra in STL this weekend. I need to find a picture of ashley though....I think I only have one and its from a camera phone.

|Zach|
07-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh wow I wish, nope its a chick thats in a band that opened up for Better Than Ezra in STL this weekend. I need to find a picture of ashley though....I think I only have one and its from a camera phone.
Yup, not good quality...she is sitting down. Hope you enjoy Red. :)

http://photos21.flickr.com/24820987_a22786ace1.jpg?

Mosbonian
07-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Don't blame me, blame mmaddog. :)

I couldn't invite too many people, the Neuralyzer was pretty low on power, so it had limited effect... :)

mmaddog

Mosbonian
07-18-2005, 06:25 PM

They were pointing at Jim's buddy Bret.....

mmaddog