PDA

View Full Version : Need some help in St. Louis bashing

ChiefsCountry
07-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Ok, here is two quotes about KC saying St. Louis is better. I need some help in coming up with a good comeback. Rep to the best one.

Quote 1
Kansas City is a terrible sports town, the minute their teams start to lag in the standings the attendance and commercial support goes out the window. Then the team leaves for greener pastures[ see the history of basketball, baseball and hockey in KC]. MLB will exit KC again by 2010[ actually it already has] The only team they've been able to hold onto and support is the Chiefs. That'll probably fade too if the Chiefs go another 10 years w/o a playoff victory. Kaufman is pretty for an old facility, but it has no atmosphere unless the opposing team is the Cards/Yanks etc and their fans are there. On the other hand Arrowhead rocks for an outdoor facility, has great tailgating; the only thing it lacks is a consistent playoff football team.

Quote 2
As pointed out, fan attendance has never been an issue in St Louis. The Baseball Cards went the entire decade of the 90's just as they did in the 50's w/o significant success[ true they never sucked like the Royals] but they still maintained the core of their fan base and interest in the team. The Blue's have been among the best supported NHL franchises since it's inception, and the Football Cardinals had excellent attendance as do the Rams. It gets old listening to KC people whine about the plight of "small market" teams, when in fact it's been lousy ownership, poor buisness management, and a fickle fan base that has been the demise of the baseball in KC with now two seperate franchises. It's just not a major-league town and the sooner they realize it the better. A great football Ciity, no doubt; after that, strictly minor league .

Dave Lane
07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Really unneeded after all it is St. Louis. I think they have suffered enough by having to live in that god forsaken place. No sense rubbing it in.

Dave

Dartgod
07-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Here's one I stole from Endelt...

F*CK ST. LOSER!

StcChief
07-18-2005, 03:42 PM
St.Louisans are pretty full of themselves. Been dealing with this bunch for 25 years.

It is really just a baseball town (no matter how they want to believe otherwise). 9 World Championships, 2nd to Yankees 26. Always try very hard to put a winning team on field. Why Busch stadium is full.

The Rams will fade back into the mediocrity of the LA Rams days. Every Ram fan I have met, Hates the dome and the fans that show up. It's more of a be-seen fashion show than a football game.

Football Cardinals support ?? who are they kidding, never a playoff team, the town hated the owner 'Bow-tie' Bidwell. But at least it was played outside.

Blues.Who cares about hockey, why didn't it just go away anyway permenantly.

They could never keep any real talent and alway fold in first playoff round (everyone makes the playoffs in hockey, WTF)

College hoops here, a joke St Louis U, Wash U.
Mid-season MO-ILL bragging rights game.

Only College hoops they have in spring is the Mo Valley Tourney.

Hope this is enough ammo, for the self-righteous St.Loser. Needs to remove the homer glassses.

Ari Chi3fs
07-18-2005, 03:50 PM
just hand them a picture of a broom, and the 2004 World Series Logo... and a picture of Jorge Orta being called safe at first.

**** them.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
just bring up Redwings vs. Blues in the playoffs.

nuff said.

Bearcat
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
If I wasn't leaving in 15 minutes I'd be all over this ;)

St.Louisans are pretty full of themselves. Been dealing with this bunch for 25 years.

It is really just a baseball town (no matter how they want to believe otherwise). 9 World Championships, 2nd to Yankees 26. Always try very hard to put a winning team on field. Why Busch stadium is full.

The Rams will fade back into the mediocrity of the LA Rams days. Every Ram fan I have met, Hates the dome and the fans that show up. It's more of a be-seen fashion show than a football game.

Football Cardinals support ?? who are they kidding, never a playoff team, the town hated the owner 'Bow-tie' Bidwell. But at least it was played outside.

Blues.Who cares about hockey, why didn't it just go away anyway permenantly.

They could never keep any real talent and alway fold in first playoff round (everyone makes the playoffs in hockey, WTF)

College hoops here, a joke St Louis U, Wash U.
Mid-season MO-ILL bragging rights game.

Only College hoops they have in spring is the Mo Valley Tourney.

Hope this is enough ammo, for the self-righteous St.Loser. Needs to remove the homer glassses.

This is a good start... the Blues and Rams are alike in that khakis are required to enter the arena/stadium. The reason attendance isn't a problem in St. Louis is that the corporations take all the tickets... just like a poster here once said, the Rams sold out every game they played in the '90's... too bad no one showed up. I was surprised to find tickets to a Blues playoff game once, and ended up screwing around and finding 10 in a row..... 2 days before the game!

St. Louis isn't any more than a 7-inning baseball town.

Ari Chi3fs
07-18-2005, 03:56 PM
http://www.mashby.com/images/posts/broom.gifhttp://www.starstruck.com/images/P0079665.jpg

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nl/stlcards/Orta85WS.JPGhttp://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/MLB/MLB-WS_2783.gif

ROFL

Chief Henry
07-18-2005, 04:22 PM
WHats the "7 inning town" thing about?
I'm curious.

Ali, btw-thats a sad picture. That BAD CALL in 1985 just made the redbirds sink MENTALLY and they never recovered. You have to be mentally tough to over come those kind of HORRIFIC CALLS. Just look at all those HORRIFIC calls the Bronco's got in the 97 playoff game in KC...The Chiefs stunk up the stadium in that game after several calls.

CrazyHorse
07-18-2005, 04:44 PM
If St. Louis' attendance was so great through the tough times, then why did the Cardinals move to Arizona? Do they even have Cardinals in Arizona?

The Chiefs have sold out the season for the last 10 years running. THey did it when they were 6-10 they did it when they were 7-9, 8-8. St. Louis had to sell out for several years just to get a team to move there. When the Rams did get there, even though they were sold out, it was half empty. 4-12 seasons tend to do that to most stadiums.

Hey you know that chant that you sing when you get a TD. We're gonna beat the hell outta you, you, youyouyou? Yeah, about 500 of your brothers showed up at Arrowhead and heard that song sung to the tune of 54 points. The next visit they heard it to the tune of 40 some points. We've been singing that for several years. Do you say Rams at the end of the national anthem too? If you want any respect as a football town, maybe you shouldn't be a bunch of wannabe Chiefs fans. Get your own personality.

How does it feel to suck hind tit in Missouri?

Thig Lyfe
07-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Arches are for sissy fairy boys.

redbrian
07-18-2005, 04:57 PM
The Blues are moving to KC (that should leave a mark)

StcChief
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
If I wasn't leaving in 15 minutes I'd be all over this ;)

This is a good start... the Blues and Rams are alike in that khakis are required to enter the arena/stadium. The reason attendance isn't a problem in St. Louis is that the corporations take all the tickets... just like a poster here once said, the Rams sold out every game they played in the '90's... too bad no one showed up. I was surprised to find tickets to a Blues playoff game once, and ended up screwing around and finding 10 in a row..... 2 days before the game!

St. Louis isn't any more than a 7-inning baseball town.

St. Louis isn't any more than a 7-inning baseball town Well not quite right there. The real fans stick around, I know alot do leave, F'em.

Corporates do take alot of tickets, and have supported the teams, give 'em to employees, clients, customers. No different than every Major sports town, they all have their big corp buyers, it's good for their business.

You can always buy tickets outside Savvis Center for Blues hockey, usually good seats, and until this year on Stadium West bridge for Baseball was a good way to get great seats at or below face.

Everyone is cashing in on the last year for Busch so they are all premium.

At least somebody shows up in St.Louis for baseball. (hence my comment about it being a baseball town)
When do the Royals get any size crowd there? Half the people at Royals Cardinals Interleague were Cardinal fans......

Soupnazi
07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
The Cards haven't done anything in over 20 years besides getting ass checked in 4 games and folding like a cheap suit when it mattered. They can't even figure out what the name of their stupid dome is from year to year, and it feels like a mental institution rather than a football stadium.

The Blues are perennial choke artists, and are now looking at a better city to play in. As a city itself, St. Louis continues to slowly die, while its cross state rival continues to grow in population every year.

Finally, the epitome of existance for St. Louisians is to breath and opine about how great St. Louis is, while for the rest of humanity, being great at something means more than just saying it to a bunch of people who couldn't give a flip less.

Duck Dog
07-18-2005, 05:17 PM
I'd start by making fun of their crappy BBQ. Then start in on their fat/ugly women.

Brando
07-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Just start bagging on Blowmudwieser. Either that or ask them when we can pull the troops out of East St. Louis so that we can send them to Iraq.

WolfDawg
07-18-2005, 05:22 PM
I'd start by making fun of their crappy BBQ. Then start in on their fat/ugly women.

ROFL sweet

WolfDawg
07-18-2005, 05:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?sort=all_total&year=2004

If their fans show such great support why were they number 19 in attendance and KC was number 3.

Soupnazi
07-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Either that or ask them when we can pull the troops out of East St. Louis so that we can send them to Iraq.

ROFL ROFL

Bearcat
07-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Lots of good sports cities have had teams leave, and lots of good sports cities see declines in attendance when the product sucks.

St. Louis isn't the well-rounded city they think they are for reasons already mentioned, and Kansas City is pretty one-dimensional when it comes to pro sports, too. Who knows if it'll change for Kansas City with the Sprint Center.

The whole argument really comes down to whether you want to live in a baseball town or a football town. A city with a passion for a sport that's past it's prime (this isn't just my opinion... pick up an SI), or one with a passion for the most popular team sport in the nation.

Besides, the whole area is behind the times in sports... college hockey is popular east, north and west (well, Denver), yet may never be here... lacrosse is huge in the East, West, and Northwest, but hasn't caught on around here as far as I know.

So, in conclusion, I'll stick with Arrowhead 80,000 of my best friends, and those in St. Louis can stick with Busch and whoever wants to watch an exhilarating game of baseball.

Corporates do take alot of tickets, and have supported the teams, give 'em to employees, clients, customers. No different than every Major sports town, they all have their big corp buyers, it's good for their business.

Yes, it's great for the business... but I hear all the "we love all of our sports teams" crap, and then turn on a Blues game and see tons of empty lower-level seats (that I don't see in Colorado, Detroit, etc.) because the khakis didn't show up...... or hear about how everyone has always loved the Rams because they've sold out every game since they moved, yet the khakis just started to show up before they won their SB... :#

KChiefs1
07-18-2005, 06:10 PM
3) Favorite pro team?

46.4% St. Louis Cardinals
41.8% Kansas City Chiefs

4) Favorite Missouri team?

42.6% St. Louis Cardinals
36.8% Kansas City Chiefs

Don't use this argument vs St Louis.

Ralphy Boy
07-18-2005, 07:15 PM
The Rams didn't draw jack squat til 99 when they started winning. The Cards had a few down years but typically draw very well. As a sports town, yes it does edge KC out slightly, but mainly because the Cards play a lot more games than the Chiefs do.
The Blues games are great and if you can go and watch one without walking in thinking "St Louis sucks!", you might enjoy yourself. I've been to a few Rams games one in each year, 99, 00 & 01 and usually went to a Blues game the night before and had nothing but a rgreat time. The football fans don't get it, they are way too quiet except in 99.

Frazod
07-18-2005, 07:20 PM
You guys crack me up with your cross-state penis envy. ROFL

shaneo69
07-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Only thing that puts St. Louis ahead of KC IMO is the hockey team. Once KC gets a tenant for the Sprint Center, I will consider them equals as sports cities.

StcChief
07-18-2005, 08:21 PM
http://www.mashby.com/images/posts/broom.gifhttp://www.starstruck.com/images/P0079665.jpg

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nl/stlcards/Orta85WS.JPGhttp://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/MLB/MLB-WS_2783.gif

ROFLStill enjoying your 1 WS... 20 years later. :clap: :clap:

Tell Glass to spend a little money so he can compete in MLB, or go back to AAA.

If he's playing this field a 'loser' card so attendence will keep dropping then he can say I need to move 'no attendence', that might work, but where is he going ???

Chiefs are still the only game in town.

DJJasonp
07-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Even if the Royals never win another series.....at least it was won against the Cardinals....

How many times do I have to hear about the play at first base? What about the foul pop up that was dropped before that? Or about the game 7 meltdown?

Get over it Cardinals fans. I think the sweep (with the likes of Pujols, Edmonds, etc. in you lineup) should bother you a bit more.

luv
07-19-2005, 12:10 AM
To me, it all depends on what you're in the mood for. If want to watch a baseball or hockey game, sway in the top of the arch or go to the boats, then go to St Louis. If you want awesome football, excellent bbq, or I think KC has boats in it or nearby, then go to KC.

Ultra Peanut
07-19-2005, 02:10 AM
Kansas City is a terrible sports town, the minute their teams start to lag in the standings the attendance and commercial support goes out the window.This coming from a ST. LOUIS supporter?!

Bearcat
07-19-2005, 07:00 AM
You guys crack me up with your cross-state penis envy. ROFL

I sure am jealous of their 1 SB victory in the last 30 years and their 1 WS win in the last 30 years and their.... um, the... uh.... that arch thing is uh.... Big brother knows how to set the example :rolleyes: