PDA

View Full Version : Not To Be Morbid Or Anything...But

CosmicPal
07-19-2005, 01:52 AM
Has any Planeteeer died that we know of?

Did I miss a ChiefsPlanet funeral?

If so, shouldn't we have a R.I.P. thingy for those endearing past members who might have offered some valuable insight in the past?

I mean once a Chiefs fan, always a Chiefs fan...right?

elvomito
07-19-2005, 02:18 AM
its hard to know. the voices i've heard aren't from any chiefsplanet people, well dead ones anyway. so RIP if we've forgotten you.

let me be the first to say that when i die, i want to be put on display in a recliner with chiefs gear on, watching chiefs highlights from the 2005-2006 superbowl victory. only difference between me and the steelers fan is i want my left hand stuck in my pants Al Bundy Style. and my right hand holding a half burnt J as if i'd passed out.

keg in kc
07-19-2005, 03:26 AM
members who might have offered some valuable insight in the pastOh, well, if we're going to limit it to those parameters...

CosmicPal
07-19-2005, 08:55 AM
its hard to know. the voices i've heard aren't from any chiefsplanet people, well dead ones anyway. so RIP if we've forgotten you.

let me be the first to say that when i die, i want to be put on display in a recliner with chiefs gear on, watching chiefs highlights from the 2005-2006 superbowl victory. only difference between me and the steelers fan is i want my left hand stuck in my pants Al Bundy Style. and my right hand holding a half burnt J as if i'd passed out.

Heh heh...I think the Planet ought to honor that request.

ChiTown
07-19-2005, 09:06 AM
I died years ago. I have a wireless card here in Purgatory so I can hook up to CP. I'm not allowed to come into the Pearly Gates until the Chiefs win the SB........

CosmicPal
07-19-2005, 09:10 AM
I died years ago......

and you smell like it too.

:D

Iowanian
07-19-2005, 09:12 AM
I know that last night....it sure Smelled like this one died.

Rain Man
07-19-2005, 09:14 AM
There used to be a poster on the Star named Steve Wilkin who was/is a nice guy and an insightful poster, and I think he came over here. I recall that he posted a few years ago that he'd had a major heart attack. I don't recall if he changed his name over here or not, but I hope he's doing well. Steve, you out there?

As a general rule, we should put some policy in place. At his age, Skip can't last much longer.

ptlyon
07-19-2005, 09:21 AM
What about Pam? She still ill?

ptlyon
07-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Heck - her account is gone

Dartgod
07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
What about Pam? She still ill?
Sometimes I think chiefs4me is really her. Don't know why.. :shrug:

Electric
07-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Sometimes I think chiefs4me is really her. Don't know why.. :shrug:

I don't think you are right, her email address has a name that could not be confused with Pam.

Phobia
07-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Heck - her account is gone

No it's not. It's just not what you thought it was.

FWIW, we do have a next of kin profile field to aid in solving these mysterious disappearances. But if you're a celebrity like FDE, we'll know about your hospitalization before you've returned to consciousness.

ptlyon
07-19-2005, 11:13 AM
No it's not. It's just not what you thought it was.

FWIW, we do have a next of kin profile field to aid in solving these mysterious disappearances. But if you're a celebrity like FDE, we'll know about your hospitalization before you've returned to consciousness.

Oh that's right - she changed it to noswad. Hope she is ok...

If my brother ever disappears, pay never no mind. :evil:

Iowanian
07-19-2005, 11:31 AM
i'm sure that some lurker has died.......or someone who didn't post often. Life happens.

I'm sure, someday, one of the regulars will be gone by accident or illness. I actually saw an article a while back about the new phenomenon of grieving for online "friends" who have died.

kc rush
07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
There is a grave yard a couple of miles from my house. I noticed a few months ago that someone had dressed up one of the grave stones with all sorts of Chiefs regalia. It was kind of cool and morbid at the same time. I thought about stopping to check it out, and I still might if it is still decked out.

shaneo69
07-19-2005, 09:07 PM
FWIW, we do have a next of kin profile field to aid in solving these mysterious disappearances.

Have you ever contacted a next of kin for an extended absence from this site?

Bowser
07-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Bush Lied, Posters Died.