PDA

View Full Version : Kenny, back at it again

ChiTown
07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Rogers has another run in with a camerman when he's turns himself into the Police......what a gd tool.

Rogers Mouths Off to Another Cameraman at County Jail
Two Misdemeanor Assault Charges Stem From Previous Incident

ARLINGTON, Texas (July 18) - Texas Rangers pitcher Kenny Rogers had another run-in with a cameraman Monday when he turned himself in on misdemeanor assault charges stemming from an earlier tirade against two cameramen.

The three-time All-Star, appealing a 20-game suspension and $50,000 fine imposed by baseball commissioner Bud Selig, was released after posting $1,500 bond.

Rogers jawed at a cameraman for Dallas-Fort Worth television station WFAA as he was booked into the county jail. Just as with the incident that led to the charges, the exchange was caught on tape.

WFAA reported on its Web site Monday that photographer Mike Zukerman was videotaping the procedure when Rogers turned to him and said, "You're getting really close; you know that? Do you hear me?"

A few seconds later, Rogers again turned to the camera, saying, "You must be pretty proud of yourself, too."

After Zukerman replied, "It's just my job, Kenny," Rogers responded: "Yeah. Your job. That's just your excuse."

Rogers was not available for comment before Monday's game against the New York Yankee. He is scheduled to pitch Thursday at home against Oakland. and Rangers officials said they don't know if Rogers' appeal will be heard Thursday or Friday.

"We'll miss him in those three, four starts he'll miss," Rangers owner Tom Hicks said. "He's our best pitcher."

Texas lost three of four games in a weekend series at Oakland, and Rogers (11-4, 2.54 ERA) was the winning pitcher in the only victory.

"It's not a distraction as long as we can go out and do what we do on the field," Rangers shortstop Michael Young said. "That's what we do best, and (Rogers' situation) doesn't translate onto the field."

On June 29, Rogers lashed out at two cameramen as they taped him walking to the field for pregame stretching. The episode led to one of those cameramen, Larry Rodriguez of KDFW, being treated at a hospital after the camera was ripped from his hands and thrown to the ground.

Rogers apologized a week later, saying the incident was out of character and would never happen again.

Arlington police spokeswoman Christy Gilfour said Rogers faces a charge of assault with injury in the shoving of Rodriguez. She also said police will mail an assault citation to Rogers' lawyer for shoving Fox Sports Net Southwest cameraman David Mammeli.

The assault charge involving Rodriguez is punishable by up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000. The other charge is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Gilfour said Fox Sports - which owns the camera Rogers damaged in the shoving of Rodriguez - has declined to press criminal charges.

07/18/05 20:19 EDT

moredumbassery (http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20050718101309990007)

Coach
07-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Heh, yeah I saw this at SportsCenter last night/early this morning. Apparently he's having some big issues, especially towards the media.

Looks like he needs some anger management or counseling.

Goapics1
07-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Heh, yeah I saw this at SportsCenter last night/early this morning. Apparently he's having some big issues, especially towards the media.

Looks like he needs some anger management or counseling.
I saw it too. He looked really freakin' pissed. :mad:

Coach
07-19-2005, 09:56 AM
I saw it too. He looked really freakin' pissed. :mad:

Heh, the cameraman should count his lucky stars or something that he was in a police station or something. If it was on the baseball field or at a parking lot...well, let's just say he wouldn't be so lucky. His eyes had the look of "I really want to kill you, you f**king bastard."

ChiefsFanInIndy
07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
What I would like to know is why a camera man was allowed to come into the police station and film him getting finger printed and mug shots taken. That was insane. Who wouldn't be pissed off?

Rain Man
07-19-2005, 09:59 AM
"Oh, my God! They filmed Kenny!"

http://www.noelheikkinen.com/noel/images/Kenny.gif

Goapics1
07-19-2005, 10:01 AM
His eyes had the look of "I really want to kill you, you f**king bastard."I agree, it looked like he wanted to kill him. The funny thing is, Kenny was saying that it was outta character for him to go after the cameramen on the field. I believe he does have some anger issues.

homey
07-19-2005, 10:12 AM
What I would like to know is why a camera man was allowed to come into the police station and film him getting finger printed and mug shots taken. That was insane. Who wouldn't be pissed off?

That's what I'm saying. I think I'm on Kenny's side on this one.

jspchief
07-19-2005, 10:18 AM
What I would like to know is why a camera man was allowed to come into the police station and film him getting finger printed and mug shots taken. That was insane. Who wouldn't be pissed off?I agree completely. I don't know many people that wouldn't be pissed at having a camera in your face as you're being fingerprinted.

He was fully to blame for the first incident, but I think fully justified this time. Besides, all he did was jaw at the guy. He has every right in the world to do that.

Shame on the police department for enabling the media. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that was throwing gas on the fire.

This story is overblown, and sh*t like this is the very reason so many people hate these media douche bags.

StcChief
07-19-2005, 10:22 AM
At the ballpark. He's over the line.
At the police station, the cops are over the line.
Why are media types allowed in this area????
Security, persons rights violiation. where is the ACLU

He'll still get in trouble for it.

BTW. I do hate the media.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-19-2005, 10:28 AM
I'm sure having camera's in your face all the time gets really ****in old... but he has to be the dumbest sumbitch on the planet to even acknowledge the guy yesterday. What a complete dumbass.

To be honest, after all of this I'd love to grab a camera and follow Kenny around for a while... stick it in his face a couple of times just to see what he'd do. If I got decked it'd be worth it just to see that stupid ****er get fined more and suspended more... and you better believe I'd press charges...

:D

Goapics1
07-19-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm sure having camera's in your face all the time gets really ****in old... but he has to be the dumbest sumbitch on the planet to even acknowledge the guy yesterday. What a complete dumbass.

To be honest, after all of this I'd love to grab a camera and follow Kenny around for a while... stick it in his face a couple of times just to see what he'd do. If I got decked it'd be worth it just to see that stupid ****er get fined more and suspended more... and you better believe I'd press charges...

:D
ROFL oh shit, stir the pot beer me.

jspchief
07-19-2005, 10:33 AM

:DPerfect example of what a stupid f*ck you are.

We have the Kenny Rodgers of the world because we have some many stupid peices of sh*t that think they have the right to be annoying assholes. And make a dime off it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-19-2005, 10:33 AM
ROFL oh shit, stir the pot beer me.
Yes.... some people deserve to have their pot stirred.

:p

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Perfect example of what a stupid f*ck you are.

We have the Kenny Rodgers of the world because we have some many stupid peices of sh*t that think they have the right to be annoying assholes. And make a dime off it.
Why thank you. You're right it's all the cameraman's fault for being on the field where he's suppossed to be. It's people like you that enable people like KR to get out of control that makes these situations happen.

99% off other celebritys who have to deal with more annoyances that little Kenny seem to be able to deal with it more professionally. Why can't he? Because he's an asshole who's looking for trouble.

jspchief
07-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Why thank you. You're right it's all the cameraman's fault for being on the field where he's suppossed to be. It's people like you that enable people like KR to get out of control that makes these situations happen.

99% off other celebritys who have to deal with more annoyances that little Kenny seem to be able to deal with it more professionally. Why can't he? Because he's an asshole who's looking for trouble.I already said he was at fault for the on field attack. Other than that, he's done nothing wrong.

I'm not excusing his behavior. I just think you're a dickhead for thinking you're justified in trying to push someone's buttons until they snap.

And obviously Rodgers is the "asshole who's looking for trouble". It's taken him 17 years in pro baseball to find it, but clearly he's looking for it. The only assholes looking for trouble are the cameraman that went in there, the cops that let him in, and you.

Calcountry
07-19-2005, 11:20 AM

Looks like he needs some anger management or counseling.More like psychotherapy. The dude has issues with cameras getting too close. :shrug:

I wonder if he would react to these new video clip phones?

Calcountry
07-19-2005, 11:22 AM
What I would like to know is why a camera man was allowed to come into the police station and film him getting finger printed and mug shots taken. That was insane. Who wouldn't be pissed off?Have you ever heard of "freedom of the press"?

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-19-2005, 11:38 AM
The only assholes looking for trouble are the cameraman that went in there, the cops that let him in, and you.
ROFL :clap:

The cameraman was doing his job as I'm sure he was assigned... it was newsworthy afterall considering Kenny's prior behavior. The cops generally don't get in the way of someone covering news unless they are causeng a problem, which the cameraman wasn't. Law enforcement deals with media involvement everyday at fires, crashes, robberys etc.. It's no big deal for them. Me... well I can accept being called an asshole just fine.

As soon as Kenny Rogers grows up and learns to deal with his celebrity people might leave him alone. Considering his reputation now though... probably not.

whoman69
07-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Kenny was definitely wrong the first time. Cameramen are paid to be on the field and are allowed by the team. Its bush league for Rogers to take out his frustration for recent bad publicity on those cameramen on the field.
This event looks like a set up with the station that sent the cameraman in there with hopes that a confrontation would ensue. No idea what the cops were thinking. Reality TV come to life.

go bowe
07-19-2005, 12:56 PM
. . . Me... well I can accept being called an asshole just fine.
* * * well, that's easy for you to say...

i know i can't accept it when someone calls you an asshole... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Dr. Facebook Fever
07-19-2005, 12:58 PM
well, that's easy for you to say...

i know i can't accept it when someone calls you and asshole... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
This from a guy to whom I gave my seat at a Chiefs game.... :D

That movie Bad Santa was about you wasn't it...?

Rausch
07-19-2005, 01:01 PM
So he jawed at a cameraman?

Um, WTF is that a big deal?...

go bowe
07-19-2005, 01:02 PM
That movie Bad Santa was about you wasn't it...?haven't seen that one and haven't received any royalties, so i don't think that was me...

maybe my cousin on my my mother's side...

Calcountry
07-19-2005, 01:07 PM
He is roasting in his own dimentia as we speak.