PDA

View Full Version : color coordination

Nightfyre
07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Jul 28 R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports St. Louis Rams have added a fourth jersey color for training camp. Their offense wears white, their defense wears blue, quarterbacks wear red and some players now get to wear gold. Red means hands off and gold means, essentially, do not jostle. RBs Marshall Faulk and Steven Jackson wore gold at practice Thursday, July 28. Head coach Mike Martz wants to make sure the two at least make it to the preseason schedule healthy.

interesting idea.... I like it.

ENDelt260
07-28-2005, 07:47 PM
They should've made 'em pink.

Nightfyre
07-28-2005, 07:48 PM
ROFL

gblowfish
07-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Mike Martz: The Wile E. Coyote of NFL Head Coaches.

Logical
07-28-2005, 09:23 PM
I would not be at all suprised to see this become the norm across the NFL. We won't be laughing if LJ and Priest get hurt by a stupid training camp hit by some overzealous newbie trying to impress.

Bowser
07-28-2005, 09:32 PM
I would not be at all suprised to see this become the norm across the NFL. We won't be laughing if LJ and Priest get hurt by a stupid training camp hit by some overzealous newbie trying to impress.

Who was the receiver that had his season/career ended by that Viqueen a couple of years ago?

|Zach|
07-28-2005, 09:33 PM
We did this in highschool, I thought it was the norm for NFL teams as well.

|Zach|
07-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Who was the receiver that had his season/career ended by that Viqueen a couple of years ago?
Smith? I think is first name started with a J.

I really liked that guy... :(

Bowser
07-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Smith? I think is first name started with a J.

I really liked that guy... :(

I can't remember the guys name at all. I remember it was a lousy cheap shot, and Vermeil was pissed.

Where's Bad Guy or TRR when you need them......

|Zach|
07-28-2005, 09:38 PM
I can't remember the guys name at all. I remember it was a lousy cheap shot, and Vermeil was pissed.

Where's Bad Guy or TRR when you need them......
For some reason when I read the report it really hit me hard...he basically looked up at the guys and said "Who is going to pay my bills?"

Its not like he was some huge stud guy, just another player scraping to try and make it in the league. I don't know, it was pretty upsetting. Imagine the work that guy prob put in to get there.

StcChief
07-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Can't believe it was Martz-mello's idea?

Does make since to protect 'valueable players'.