PDA

View Full Version : Q&A w/ Will Shields - 7/28

tk13
07-28-2005, 09:24 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/07/28/qa_g_will_shields/

Q&A G WILL SHIELDS
Jul 28, 2005, 3:22:44 PM

TRAINING CAMP

Q: Was this a hard off-season for you considering all the retirement talk?

SHIELDS: ďIt was a difficult off-season. I think more or less not whether I wanted to be here or not be here, but because of the simple fact of how your body feels and that kind of thing. Thatís something that youíre still going to deal with and go through. Hopefully you can stay healthy enough to get through the season and you know you want to play well and we want to get to another level.Ē

Q: What were some of the factors other than physical involved in your decision process?

SHIELDS: ďIt was more physical than anything else. I love the sport of football and I love to play football. But itís more or less trying to figure out if your body can get through there and that kind of thing. I think thatís the biggest issue.Ē

Q: So if the Chiefs hadnít added anybody on defense would you still be here?

SHIELDS: ďYeah I think so. If my body was feeling the way it is right now and then you just hope you can do well and get through it. Thatís what Iím looking forward to is trying to have a good season.Ē

Q: What do you think of the off-season moves this team made?

SHIELDS: ďTheyíre good moves. Anytime you add another player from another place thatís been productive, from a Pittsburgh or a Tennessee, you get a different feel. Hopefully it will bring a different passion, not only on offense but also on defense.Ē

Q: Is it a good possibility this could be your last season?

SHIELDS: ďItís a good possibility, yes.Ē

Q: Is there a sense of urgency this year?

SHIELDS: ďI donít think itís any more urgent than since we were young. Thatís the way it was. Every year you come into it you want to win a championship. Thatís why you come in it, to play well and perform to a certain level. So I donít think itís a sense of urgency. I think youíve got to look at it like youíve got your six-shooter and youíre running out of bullets. Thatís just sort of the way it works right now.Ē

tommykat
07-28-2005, 10:22 PM
SHIELDS: ďIt was more physical than anything else. I love the sport of football and I love to play football. But itís more or less trying to figure out if your body can get through there and that kind of thing. I think thatís the biggest issue.Ē

What a class act! He loves the game and didn't mention money~:clap:

Rausch
07-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm really going to miss Will...

StcChief
07-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Loves the game, O or D moves don't matter.
Real class act. has to be a HOF first rounder despite the BS of Oline, Dline positions player crap.

Coach
07-29-2005, 12:03 AM
I'm really going to miss Will...

Ditto here. Sure lock in the HOF IMHO.

ChiTown
07-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Ditto here. Sure lock in the HOF IMHO.

No doubt. Easily, one of the greatest OG's to ever play the game.

greg63
07-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Will's the man!!!

wazu
07-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Why, O why haven't I ever bought a Shields jersey? We should all buy one and load Arrowhead with them for his last year of play.

greg63
07-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Why, O why haven't I ever bought a Shields jersey? We should all buy one and load Arrowhead with them for his last year of play.
Hey, count me in! Well as far as buying a jersey, I doubt I'll be able to make it up to KC for a game.:banghead:

Rausch
07-29-2005, 02:23 AM

I've already asked for one for Christmas (the cheapy one's, not the authentics. Eventually, I'll pony up that jack for one of him, no doubt.)

Will is the ultimate team player, pro, and man. No need to wish him well, whatever he does when he hangs 'em up he'll excell at...

BigChiefFan
07-29-2005, 07:37 AM
I'm damn glad he's back this year-we need him.

the Talking Can
07-29-2005, 07:48 AM
I think I heard he had a sore back yesterday...hope he can keep it together for one more year.

And Shields is first ballot HOF without question. Anyone voting against him will be publically flogged for stupidity.

InChiefsHell
07-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Exactly. He's not only one of the greatest to ever play his position, but he is also huge in the community. I mean, who could have a problem with Shields?

I'm gonna miss him too, when he goes. The just don't make em like him anymore. I had him earmarked as my next jersey, well him or TRich. Probably go with Shields first.

Fire Me Boy!
07-29-2005, 08:10 AM
The Shields jersey is the first on I ever bought... now, I'm keeping my eyes open for a Colquitt jersey...