PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO YOU COOK YOUR MEAT?

onescrewleftuntwisted
07-29-2005, 03:09 PM
I like to grill it all the way i like the flavor so much i have tried other foods on the grll

gas or charcoal its all the same to me

HemiEd
07-29-2005, 03:15 PM

microwave is faster. :rolleyes:

dirk digler
07-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Ask gochiefs

4th and Long
07-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Ask gochiefs
He said cook, not fondle. :p

dirk digler
07-29-2005, 03:29 PM
He said cook, not fondle. :p

You can cook your meat while you are fondling it.

So I've heard.

:whackit:

4th and Long
07-29-2005, 03:38 PM

So I've heard.

How can I really argue this subject with a guy named dirk diggler?

UNCLE! YOU WIN!

:p

htismaqe
07-29-2005, 03:51 PM
You talking about grilling or BBQ?

onescrewleftuntwisted
07-29-2005, 03:54 PM
i call them the same
bbq and grilling

check this out (http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2005/charcoal/cg_p.aspx)

the best of both world

Over-Head
07-29-2005, 06:16 PM

:shake: I'll bet you’d go to a Mexican restaurant and order a PB&J sandwich wouldn’t you? :shake:

Someday when you learn the difference between flavor and fast, you'll come to appreciate your taste buds a bit more.

I can't believe you even typed that :banghead:

HemiEd
07-29-2005, 06:21 PM
:shake: I'll bet you’d go to a Mexican restaurant and order a PB&J sandwich wouldn’t you? :shake:

Someday when you learn the difference between flavor and fast, you'll come to appreciate your taste buds a bit more.

I can't believe you even typed that :banghead:

Well, he is in the right place to learn. I found that htismaqe can be a very good person to pay attention to on this subject. :drool: :drool:

headsnap
07-29-2005, 06:36 PM
this is how I do it...

http://www.lostcatdesigns.com/home/newtoy2.jpg

:)

Over-Head
07-30-2005, 10:06 AM
this is how I do it...

http://www.lostcatdesigns.com/home/newtoy2.jpg

:)

Thanks a lot asshole :p The better half is looking over my shoulder while i'm surfing the planet as we're talking about our new house plans.

You're picture just added 10 grand to my kitchen :banghead: This is now added to the stainless fridge, microwave and dishwasher she wants.

***Oh and by the way, she thinks anyone who can't tell the difference between BBQ over charcoal and grilling, should be shot at dawn with a well done steak shoved in his mouth. :cuss:

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 10:10 AM
microwave is faster. :rolleyes:

Nothing like a nice, hot microwaved Tbone.

YUK

DTLB58
07-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Over an open camp fire :)

htismaqe
07-30-2005, 11:35 AM
i call them the same
bbq and grilling

check this out (http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2005/charcoal/cg_p.aspx)

the best of both world

They ain't the same.

You grill a steak. You BBQ a brisket.

Grill a brisket and it'll be so tough you can't eat it. BBQ a steak and have fun chewing that leather.

For grilling, I use gas. Quick, convenient, and if you're grilling right (your meat should take more than a few minutes) charcoal shouldn't be adding any flavor. Sear it on both sides, pink in the middle. Viola.

For BBQ, I use 1/3 wood and 2/3 lump hardwood charcoal. I've got 2 butts and some spares on right now, they've been on for 4 hours, I've got about 4 to go on the ribs, and 8 on the butts.

bringbackmarty
07-30-2005, 11:42 AM
been teaching myself how to smoke with a homemade smoker. Getting so I have a pretty good ring, without drying the meat too much. It has been a lot of fun, and tasty too.

gblowfish
07-30-2005, 12:17 PM
IMHO, both methods have their place.

I have a nice Weber Gas grill (Genesis) that I use year round. It's on my screened in porch (pic of Mr. Kitty guarding the grill). It's great for quick dinner. Do chicken, shrimp, salmon, little filet steaks, turkey breasts. Yum...just about anything in 20 mins or less.

For real serious cookouts, or smoking ribs or brisket in a smoker, nothing better than hardwood charcoal. To do it right, it should be a most of the day project.
Cook it slow, low heat, lots of smoke. Nothing better than ribs done right. I also like to use fruitwood (like cherry or apple) in with the charcoal for slow smoking , and put a pan of apple juice in the bottom for steam. Man....I think I need some BBQ NOW!!

htismaqe
07-30-2005, 12:41 PM

I have a nice Weber Gas grill (Genesis) that I use year round. It's on my screened in porch (pic of Mr. Kitty garding the grill). It's great for quick dinner. Do chicken, shrimp, salmon, little filet steaks, turkey breasts. Yum...just about anything in 20 mins or less.

For real serious cookouts, or smoking ribs or brisket in a smoker, nothing better than hardwood charcoal. To do it right, it should be a most of the day project.
Cook it slow, low heat, lots of smoke. Nothing better than ribs done right. I also like to use fruitwood (like cherry or apple) in with the charcoal for slow smoking , and put a pan of apple juice in the bottom for steam. Man....I think I need some BBQ NOW!!

:drool:

I still got 3 hours to go on my spares.

Phobia
07-30-2005, 12:49 PM

I have a nice Weber Gas grill (Genesis) that I use year round. It's on my screened in porch (pic of Mr. Kitty garding the grill). It's great for quick dinner. Do chicken, shrimp, salmon, little filet steaks, turkey breasts. Yum...just about anything in 20 mins or less.

You really need to put that cat in a vinegar based brine for about 24 hours before firing up the pit.

Over-Head
07-30-2005, 12:57 PM
You really need to put that cat in a vinegar based brine for about 24 hours before firing up the pit.
indeed :evil:

gblowfish
07-30-2005, 03:16 PM
You really need to put that cat in a vinegar based brine for about 24 hours before firing up the pit.Mr. Kitty's too tough and skinny to eat. Besides, he's got a bad liver...just like 75% on the jokers on this board. And we're talking about BBQ, NOT Chinese buffet. You'd like Mr. Kitty. He's a funster, and he's my BBQ pal. He supervises the cooking on the back porch.

htismaqe
07-30-2005, 03:52 PM
The spares are done -- 8.5 hours.

And I made a big batch of beans on the smoker for the first time...

onescrewleftuntwisted
08-03-2005, 01:05 PM
you realy care alot about your meat

im suprised

NJ Chief Fan
08-03-2005, 01:43 PM

So I've heard.

great so you could beat your meat and cook the meat