PDA

View Full Version : John tait

Mr. Laz
07-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Rex Grossman just said on NFL network that the bears have move John Tait to left tackle.

:shake: :shake:

his feet are too slow for that imo ... i doubt it last the full year

4th and Long
07-29-2005, 05:23 PM
The poor Bears are reaching at this point, to do anything, ANYTHING, that will improve their team, regardless of how stupid it seems to be.

HemiEd
07-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Rex Grossman just said on NFL network that the bears have move John Tait to left tackle.

:shake: :shake:

his feet are too slow for that imo ... i doubt it last the full year

The poor Bears are reaching at this point, to do anything, ANYTHING, that will improve their team, regardless of how stupid it seems to be.

Heard this on ESPN radio a few days ago. Thought about posting it but, no link. Hey, they spent, what 35mil, they have to sell this to the public. But we know, he was the 4th to 5th best on our line. Poor Bears.

Oh, last post til Sunday, have fun, off to the water.

andoman
07-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Didn't the Chiefs draft him to play left tackle?

morphius
07-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Didn't the Chiefs draft him to play left tackle?
Yes, but we wisely moved him from the position.

CoMoChief
07-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Just because he was the 4th 5th best on our line, thats still saying alot for the guy. Roaf and Shields and Waters and Weigman are great great players, and he was a former 1st rounder. Though I thought it was very smart not to give the guy the $$$ he wanted. He isn't that good, especially when you can replace O-linemen easier than almost any other position on the field, at least for our team.

Valiant
07-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Just because he was the 4th 5th best on our line, thats still saying alot for the guy. Roaf and Shields and Waters and Weigman are great great players, and he was a former 1st rounder. Though I thought it was very smart not to give the guy the $$$ he wanted. He isn't that good, especially when you can replace O-linemen easier than almost any other position on the field, at least for our team.

Umm, no you do not... We have been very very lucky/good and getting talent in here thru draft or FA...

Chiefnj
07-29-2005, 06:44 PM
He certainly wasn't worth the money the Bears gave him, but he's a very good RT. I don't remember teams picking up 4 game ending sacks, half on 3 man rushes, with the game on the line when he was starting.

tommykat
07-29-2005, 07:17 PM
He certainly wasn't worth the money the Bears gave him, but he's a very good RT. I don't remember teams picking up 4 game ending sacks, half on 3 man rushes, with the game on the line when he was starting.

Can't disagree...........he should have stayed a Chief.....fool....ROFL Got your money and lost out~

Deberg_1990
07-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Can't disagree...........he should have stayed a Chief.....fool....ROFL Got your money and lost out~

You cant blame these guys for taking the most money they can get. Not when the average lifespan of an NFL player is about 3-5 years. I cant blame them at all. You have to strike it while the iron is still hot because each season my be your last.

gblowfish
07-29-2005, 07:50 PM
If memory serves, the Bears paid Tait more than we pay Priest.

Is the Bears QB right or left handed?

If he's right handed, Tait will have his blind side.
Yikes said Skippy...duck and cover!

Valiant
07-29-2005, 08:07 PM
If memory serves, the Bears paid Tait more than we pay Priest.

Is the Bears QB right or left handed?

If he's right handed, Tait will have his blind side.
Yikes said Skippy...duck and cover!

he looks like the fat guy off of ghosthunters on scifi channel...

Douche Baggins
07-29-2005, 10:18 PM
This Tait Hate is misplaced, IMO. He'd still be a starter if he was here, and would easily be the best backup LT on our team.

Tait was the LT the year we had one of the best passing offenses in the NFL with Grbac and Co.

Elvis was sacked only 29 times in 547 attempts with a shitty running game. Last year Trent was sacked 32 times in 556 attempts with a killer running game.

morphius
07-29-2005, 10:46 PM
This Tait Hate is misplaced, IMO. He'd still be a starter if he was here, and would easily be the best backup LT on our team.

Tait was the LT the year we had one of the best passing offenses in the NFL with Grbac and Co.

Elvis was sacked only 29 times in 547 attempts with a shitty running game. Last year Trent was sacked 32 times in 556 attempts with a killer running game.
Of course how many of those sacks came from the LT spot versus the RT spot that he vacated? He was one of the better RT in the league, but was average at best as a LT.

Douche Baggins
07-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Of course how many of those sacks came from the LT spot versus the RT spot that he vacated? He was one of the better RT in the league, but was average at best as a LT.

Tait was the left tackle that whole year. If we could put up 4,000 yards passing and allow 29 sacks, I'd say he was doing a good job.

morphius
07-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Tait was the left tackle that whole year. If we could put up 4,000 yards passing and allow 29 sacks, I'd say he was doing a good job.
Of course sacks doesn't include QB pressures, which is nearly as important. I mean why not use the Stats from Green's first year here instead?

Tuckdaddy
07-29-2005, 10:54 PM
They gave him 14 mill to sign. He better be able to play QB if they need him too.

Douche Baggins
07-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Of course sacks doesn't include QB pressures, which is nearly as important. I mean why not use the Stats from Green's first year here instead?

If the QB pressures were out of control Grbac would have thrown alot more than 14 picks.

Green's first year he was sacked 39 times. Kinda high, but we had Victory Riley and Donald Willis too.

I think Tait will do well at LT.

StcChief
07-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Only one thing to say......
Da Bears.

HemiEd
07-31-2005, 01:11 PM

I did not see any "Tait Hait" on this thread. I loved the guy when he was a Chief. But 35 Million, no.

go bowe
07-31-2005, 06:16 PM

Elvis was sacked only 29 times in 547 attempts with a shitty running game. Last year Trent was sacked 32 times in 556 attempts with a killer running game.damn, sam...

where are you coming up with all these statistics, and how do you know which ones to look for?

can it be *gasp* that you actually know something about footsballs?

this is going to ruin your image... :eek: :eek: :eek:

TRR
07-31-2005, 06:29 PM
John Tait is too slow to play LT in the NFL. He struggled with the position while he was with KC, and demanded to stay at RT after signing with the Bears. According to 670 AM Radio, the Bears had a meeting with Tait and said either play LT, or take a pay cut. He's now playing left tackle.

Last season I remember 670 AM saying that Tait gave up 6 sacks in like 5 games at RT before he got hurt.

TRR
07-31-2005, 06:30 PM
When Grbac was with KC, the offense was totally different, and he was allowed to get the ball out a lot more quickly, ala slants, etc. Green continuously takes 7 step drops time after time.

Not even comparable.

TEX
07-31-2005, 10:35 PM
John Tait is too slow to play LT in the NFL. He struggled with the position while he was with KC, and demanded to stay at RT after signing with the Bears. According to 670 AM Radio, the Bears had a meeting with Tait and said either play LT, or take a pay cut. He's now playing left tackle.

Last season I remember 670 AM saying that Tait gave up 6 sacks in like 5 games at RT before he got hurt.

Yep. And now he's coming off an injury. No way this works out well.

Logical
07-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Is it just me or is it pathetic we have to bag on former players and the teams that employ them? To me it says, yes our history is bad, but you folks are worse losers because you have our former players.

Douche Baggins
07-31-2005, 10:45 PM
damn, sam...

where are you coming up with all these statistics, and how do you know which ones to look for?

can it be *gasp* that you actually know something about footsballs?

this is going to ruin your image... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Pro football reference and ESPN mostly.

And yes, I do know a few things about football, thanks for the compliment.

|Zach|
07-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Is it just me or is it pathetic we have to bag on former players and the teams that employ them? To me it says, yes our history is bad, but you folks are worse losers because you have our former players.I have never understood it...it seems to happen around this organizationa lot.

Douche Baggins
07-31-2005, 10:46 PM
When Grbac was with KC, the offense was totally different, and he was allowed to get the ball out a lot more quickly, ala slants, etc. Green continuously takes 7 step drops time after time.

Not even comparable.

I disagree. We did alot of down the field passing with Derrick Alexander and Tony Gonzalez. Grbac took plenty of 7 step drops.

Douche Baggins
07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Is it just me or is it pathetic we have to bag on former players and the teams that employ them? To me it says, yes our history is bad, but you folks are worse losers because you have our former players.

That is what I am saying.

greg63
07-31-2005, 11:03 PM

So that's an argument?? Green was sacked three more times than Grbac, with nine more attempts????:hmmm:

Douche Baggins
07-31-2005, 11:05 PM
So that's an arguement?? Green was sacked three more times than Grbac, with nine more attempts????:hmmm:

Yes. Our offensive line now is great and allowed more sacks than our line with Tait did that year? And without a running game? They knew we were passing most of the time that year.

greg63
07-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Yes. Our offensive line now is great and allowed more sacks than our line with Tait did that year? And without a running game? They knew we were passing most of the time that year.

Its still apples and oranges. Different teams - different players - different Offensive/Defensive schemes. I don't really think you can compare the two scenarios.

greg63
07-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Don't get me wrong. I think Tait is very good at what he does, and should get all the money he can. In fact I was a big fan when he was with the Chiefs. I just don't buy your comparison argument.

Douche Baggins
07-31-2005, 11:30 PM
I just don't think you can throw for 4,000 yards and a 2-1 TD-INT without a good left tackle. Especially if the defense knows you're passing 70 percent of the time.

Douche Baggins
07-31-2005, 11:31 PM
I DO think the Chiefs wanted a total STUD at LT. Tait is not that obviously.

greg63
07-31-2005, 11:38 PM
I can buy that.