PDA

View Full Version : Q&A DV afternoon practice-- 7-29

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Q&A with DICK VERMEIL
Jul 29, 2005, 5:03:26 PM

TRAINING CAMP

Afternoon

Q: How did your first practice in pads go?

VERMEIL: “Okay. We got started. We started getting in to the rigors of physical contact, getting used to it and getting conditioned for it. We don’t let them go full-bore live. Some of it becomes a little bit that way in offensive and defensive line play the first couple snaps. It was okay. Not wonderful, not outstanding, but good.”

Q: WR Marc Boerigter and LB Scott Fujita sat out today. Was that precautionary?

VERMEIL: “That’s just part of the routine. Part of the organizational scheme for those guys right now.”

“Boerigter will go from one-a-day to two practices, with the second one being limited as soon as he practices a couple days and has no pain after practice. We’ll keep extending it until it’s full-go for both practices. That will be the basic routine with all of these guys.”

Q: For Fujita as well?

VERMEIL: “Yes, that’s with Scott as well. He has a sore foot a little bit today, but that expected to be sore.”

“I expect that within a two-week period for those guys to all be going full-boar all the time.”

Q: DT Lional Dalton?

VERMEIL: “He really hasn’t lost his job. It’s just how we’re starting out here right now. John Browning is our best defensive linemen and our best defensive tackle anyway. But we played him differently last year, rotating him between two positions as I explained this morning. And he can’t play two at the same time. So we started him on the bench depending on defensive calls and situation, and then got him rolled through and he ended up playing more than the other guys. But right now we don’t have a starting defensive tackles per se.”

Q: What do you think of RBs Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson in the same backfield?

VERMEIL: “We don’t do much of it. We have a package on offense where we include them both. Most of the time you do a lot of that in training camp. We’ve done that with Derrick Blaylock and then you get in games and you don’t use it in the regular season. We don’t get that much into it. Maybe with these guys we will. Derrick Blaylock was a pretty darn good wide receiver. But we didn’t do a lot of it then even though we worked on it and I don’t know how much we’ll get into it in the regular season. But we do have it and we do work it. It’s not like the old-fashioned two-back attack.”

Q: What are your impressions of P Dustin Colquitt so far?

VERMEIL: “Well, he had a good day today. I was pleased with his punting today. He had about three of them with 5.0 hang time. They are very difficult to field. He did a real good job, I was very pleased.”

Q: What would you say is the average hang time in the NFL?

VERMEIL: “I’d say about 4.5, somewhere around there is average.”

Q: Is there a different energy level when you put the pads on for the first time?

VERMEIL: “This is a very experienced, mature offensive football team. The line, they just go to work. They don’t get all rah, rah and excited and snarl with the snot running down the nose. They just line up and go to work. That’s what they are. They have a lot of experience and it really takes advantage of our defense early as they’re getting this put together and are not as experienced.”

Cannibal
07-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Ok, I'm an old timer, and not here much. I don't know who this "vanilla thunder" is. The dude (or dude_ettte) has over 17,000 posts. I'm thinkin it's Phobia, but I might be a total fuggin jackass with regards to my guess. Who the hell is "vanilla thunder"?... And yes, it does make me laugh just typing it.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Ok, I'm an old timer, and not here much. I don't know who this "vanilla thunder" is. The dude (or dude_ettte) has over 17,000 posts. I'm thinkin it's Phobia, but I might be a total fuggin jackass with regards to my guess. Who the hell is "vanilla thunder"?... And yes, it does make me laugh just typing it.

Who?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm the one and only, you can't clone me. Got a lotta haters, a lotta homies, some friends, some phonies.

Zebedee DuBois
07-29-2005, 08:43 PM
i believe he is "the one who shuns pants" and had an obsession with Corey Dillon. He also may have favored a diet of jalopeno cheeseballs.

CHIEF4EVER
07-29-2005, 08:45 PM

He da V Thundah
He da real V Thundah
He everybody's Thundah
He da real V Thundah.......

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 08:45 PM
i believe he is "the one who shuns pants" and had an obsession with Corey Dillon. He also may have favored a diet of jalopeno cheeseballs.

Who?

Cannibal
07-29-2005, 08:46 PM

You gotta give me more quotes that that... jesus christas! Who the hell is this bastard!!!

tk13
Q: What are your impressions of P Dustin Colquitt so far?

VERMEIL: “Well, he had a good day today. I was pleased with his punting today. He had about three of them with 5.0 hang time. They are very difficult to field. He did a real good job, I was very pleased.”

Q: What would you say is the average hang time in the NFL?

VERMEIL: “I’d say about 4.5, somewhere around there is average.”

Holy cow, he complimented a punter. I think I just crapped my pants.

Zebedee DuBois
Who?

you sound like an owl, man.

go bowe
07-29-2005, 08:47 PM
clone you?

who said anything about cloning you?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 08:48 PM
You gotta give me more quotes that that... jesus christas! Who the hell is this bastard!!!

Who is Vanilla Thunder?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Holy cow, he complimented a punter. I think I just crapped my pants.

I can't believe I'm excited about a punter, too.

ROYC75
07-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Hey Cannibal........ good to see ya back on here, I noticed I don't see ya much.

VT is our very own Cody................

Zebedee DuBois
07-29-2005, 08:52 PM
VERMEIL: “This is a very experienced, mature offensive football team. The line, they just go to work. They don’t get all rah, rah and excited and snarl with the snot running down the nose. They just line up and go to work. That’s what they are. They have a lot of experience and it really takes advantage of our defense early as they’re getting this put together and are not as experienced.”

Arrrgh.... Dick is channeling Madden!!!

stumppy
07-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Holy cow, he complimented a punter.

That's what I was thinking. This has got to be a 1st for DV.

CHIEF4EVER
Who is Vanilla Thunder?

Cannibal
Who is Vanilla Thunder?

I'm thinkin it's Phobia. I haven't been on much lately, and all the sudden this dickweed named "vanilla thunder" shows up with over 17,000 posts asking for donations.

Color me a dipshit though. I'm not on enough to know who the fug this is.

RedThat
07-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Wow Colquitt had 3 or more punts with 5 second hang time? That's impressive.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm thinkin it's Phobia. I haven't been on much lately, and all the sudden this dickweed named "vanilla thunder" shows up with over 17,000 posts asking for donations.

It's your favorite poster of all time

CODY!!!!!!!!!!!

Zebedee DuBois
07-29-2005, 08:58 PM

Pay attention now.

VT is our very own Cody................

is it coming together now?

Cannibal
07-29-2005, 08:58 PM
It's your favorite poster of all time

CODY!!!!!!!!!!!

Not particularly. ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 09:00 PM
Not particularly. ROFL

That doesn't stop me from loving you though. ROFL ;)

AirForceChief
07-29-2005, 09:01 PM

VERMEIL: “He really hasn’t lost his job. It’s just how we’re starting out here right now. John Browning is our best defensive linemen and our best defensive tackle anyway."

So based on these statments, Browning and Dalton will start at DT. Interesting, to say the least.

Cannibal
07-29-2005, 09:02 PM
That doesn't stop me from loving you though. ROFL ;)

Go fug your mother in the arse. I did, and I liked it!

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Go fug your mother in the arse. I did, and I liked it!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Same ole' Cannibal.

Welcome back. :toast:

This is the first time I've been on here consistently for awhile, too. I've been stuck in the 17,000 post range for a year. Definitely no 100 posts days like back in the day, lol!! Great to be back to football!!! :toast:

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 09:14 PM

VERMEIL: “He really hasn’t lost his job. It’s just how we’re starting out here right now. John Browning is our best defensive linemen and our best defensive tackle anyway."

So based on these statments, Browning and Dalton will start at DT. Interesting, to say the least.

That's why I'm not taking the "McCleon is our starter" thing seriously. I think by the end of camp, Ambrose will be the starter or Washington. No matter what, the best will win the job. DV can't afford to play Ram favorites this year.

Cannibal
07-29-2005, 09:28 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Same ole' Cannibal.

Welcome back. :toast:

This is the first time I've been on here consistently for awhile, too. I've been stuck in the 17,000 post range for a year. Definitely no 100 posts days like back in the day, lol!! Great to be back to football!!! :toast:

Wow... 17,000 posts... I was was the original mutha fugga's on this board and I've got 3,500 posts. I would have liked to have posted more. But usually, too damn busy!

Cannibal
07-29-2005, 09:30 PM
That's why I'm not taking the "McCleon is our starter" thing seriously. I think by the end of camp, Ambrose will be the starter or Washington. No matter what, the best will win the job. DV can't afford to play Ram favorites this year.

Sorry VT, but I'm disagreeing w/ ya. DV will do whatever the fug he wants. We all know it.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Wow... 17,000 posts... I was was the original mutha fugga's on this board and I've got 3,500 posts. I would have liked to have posted more. But usually, too damn busy!

I used to not have a life. ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
07-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Sorry VT, but I'm disagreeing w/ ya. DV will do whatever the fug he wants. We all know it.

Yeah, that is true. I'm just hopeful he doesn't go all Eric Hicks with McCleon.

I still don't know why Hicks has a job. :hmmm:

Count Alex's Losses
07-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Since when is Browning our best DT?