PDA

View Full Version : Today Was A Great Day

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 12:02 AM
So I'm driving down rangeline in joplin today and I see a clearance sign at rentway. All cash prices listed, so wtf I got my bonus check and I saw some bunkbeds from the road so I gave it a look. Went in to pay $125 for the bunkbeds and the manager is bitching about a laptop he got that was trying to sell but the last numbnuts didn't bring back the power cord. He was selling it for $250, so I pipe up well the power cord is at least $100 so then he proclaims he'll sell it for $150. I pop out the cash walk out, get in my truck, drive home, check on ebay for the power cord and right now my bid is $1.04 with 18 hours to go. I know that will raise but not higher than $30.

I am dancing on the clouds right now.

Fire Me Boy!
07-30-2005, 12:04 AM
So I'm driving down rangeline in joplin today and I see a clearance sign at rentway. All cash prices listed, so wtf I got my bonus check and I saw some bunkbeds from the road so I gave it a look. Went in to pay $125 for the bunkbeds and the manager is bitching about a laptop he got that was trying to sell but the last numbnuts didn't bring back the power cord. He was selling it for $250, so I pipe up well the power cord is at least $100 so then he proclaims he'll sell it for $150. I pop out the cash walk out, get in my truck, drive home, check on ebay for the power cord and right now my bid is $1.04 with 18 hours to go. I know that will raise but not higher than $30.

Go to Wal-Mart and you can find a universal for $10.

Good find! :thumb:

Rausch
07-30-2005, 12:04 AM

Just be sure to completely clean the HD and reinstall everything. Those puters from rent-to-own places are treated like $#it and full of viruses. But as long as you take a few basic precautions you got a damned steal.

What year/brand is it?...

Iowanian
07-30-2005, 12:07 AM
is this a bad place to say.....................

Somewhere...Kcnut is selling a powerchord on ebay, thats only going for $1.04, thereby crushing his dream of buying that moped to ride to training camp?

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Just be sure to completely clean the HD and reinstall everything. Those puters from rent-to-own places are treated like $#it and full of viruses. But as long as you take a few basic precautions you got a damned steal.

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/M305CRV/3501715nv.shtml

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 12:11 AM

Here's my question....

It has windows xp home loaded on it. Which I own a copy. If I reformat the HD and load that, could I use the key on the bottom to activate. They gave me install disks but no copy of windows. Just the license numbers and activation crap.

StcChief
07-30-2005, 12:37 AM
Typical. You still got a deal.

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Go to Wal-Mart and you can find a universal for $10.

Good find! :thumb:
Not this chord it's different somehow.

2 different plugs or something.

I'm a freaking idiot when it comes to laptops, this will be my first. If it sucks then I'll be selling it on ebay.

Fire Me Boy!
07-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Not this chord it's different somehow.

2 different plugs or something.

I'm a freaking idiot when it comes to laptops, this will be my first. If it sucks then I'll be selling it on ebay.
Dude, the power cord's like $100... I'll give you $50 for the laptop.

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Dude, the power cord's like $100... I'll give you $50 for the laptop.

Sitting still right now at about $1

The buyer i've zeroed in on is from missouri as well so shipping won't take long plus he's at 99%.

If i can get it fixed for under $20 I'm gonna cream all over myself.

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 08:01 AM
Here's my question....

It has windows xp home loaded on it. Which I own a copy. If I reformat the HD and load that, could I use the key on the bottom to activate. They gave me install disks but no copy of windows. Just the license numbers and activation crap.

No really, anybody know the answer to this?

Bowser
07-30-2005, 08:05 AM
And you didn't even have to use your A-K?

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 08:08 AM
And you didn't even have to use your A-K?

Oh yeah people confuse me for ice cube all the time.

I guess it's that 5'6" 140 pound white guy look.

4th and Long
07-30-2005, 08:09 AM

Word to yo momma, homeslice. :p

Bowser
07-30-2005, 08:10 AM

If Jamie Kennedy can pull it off.....

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 08:12 AM
If Jamie Kennedy can pull it off.....

I'm not sure I would call what he did pulling it off.

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Word to yo momma, homeslice. :p

I think that's vanilla ice.

4th and Long
07-30-2005, 08:16 AM
I think that's vanilla ice.
Oh. :p Sorry.

The only ice I know is what's in my freezer. :D I don't keep up with rap and all that garbage. :shake:

I'm so white I'm transparent.

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Oh. :p Sorry.

The only ice I know is what's in my freezer. :D I don't keep up with rap and all that garbage. :shake:

I'm so white I'm transparent.

How do you look at yourself in the mirror?

4th and Long
07-30-2005, 08:20 AM
How do you look at yourself in the mirror?
I don't. I'm a vampire. I have no reflection.

J Diddy
07-30-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't. I'm a vampire. I have no reflection.

That would be cool.

But only if you were a vegetarian, like this guy

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1400094720.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg