And I watched her drive away.
Just for a moment I was back at school
And felt that old familiar pain
And as I turned to make my way back home
The snow turned into rain

CosmicPal
07-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Weird...

I had the same thing happen to me the other night. Hadn't seen her in five years. She looked great.

I didn't know whether or not to give her a hug when she walked up and gave me one...nice.

Turns out she's getting married in a couple of weeks...bleh.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-30-2005, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I met an ex at Wal-Mart one evening... I was with my wife, who I started dating immediately after I broke up with the ex. Awkward. Very... very... awkward.

luv
07-30-2005, 02:04 AM
You recited that song from memory, didn't you? Fess up!

Fried Meat Ball!
07-30-2005, 02:05 AM
:sulk:

Actually... Google is a wonderful thing.

Fried Meat Ball!
07-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Apparently, philfree doesn't know how to use Google.

luv
07-30-2005, 02:07 AM
:sulk:

Actually... Google is a wonderful thing.
I'm gonna go download that song, trying to get the tune. Unsuccessfully.

philfree
07-30-2005, 04:05 AM
Apparently, philfree doesn't know how to use Google.

You'll learn some day that if you ask properley you won't have to google. Google? WTF is that anyway? You're fired....boy!

PhilFree:arrow:

Fried Meat Ball!
07-30-2005, 04:07 AM
You'll learn some day that if you ask properley you won't have to google. Google? WTF is that anyway? You're fired....boy!

FINALLY! It's been damn near a year that I've been advertising for someone to fire me, and it hasn't happened.

THANK YOU!

Rausch
07-30-2005, 04:08 AM
I'm gonna go download that song, trying to get the tune. Unsuccessfully.

Ditto...

Fried Meat Ball!
07-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Ditto...
You met an old lover, too? Did she have a kid with her?

philfree
07-30-2005, 04:12 AM

I'm a romantic so it ain't fessing up as much as it is me just being me. That song reminds me of................................Yup that's a good, good memory.

philfree
07-30-2005, 04:18 AM
FINALLY! It's been damn near a year that I've been advertising for someone to fire me, and it hasn't happened.

THANK YOU!

I think that was my only response to any of your posts but you are welcome.(Not that I don't like your posts..or that I do...just...) Will you come bck and work for a smaller wage? There's always gonna be openings here.

ChiefFripp
07-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Taxi by Harry Chapin is kind of in the same vein. I seem to hear that song every few years . It's always after 2 a.m. in the car too. Just reading the lyrics makes me want to drink myself silly.

Rausch
07-30-2005, 04:28 AM
You met an old lover, too? Did she have a kid with her?

Nope. At the time neither of us did.

She was getting ready to go off to college with her new guy. I just happened to call her the day she was moving all her $#it out of her parents house and preparing to ship it off to school.

We talked for about two weeks before she informed me that even though her new guy was a douche he was committed to her.

I didn't have a retort. I sure as hell wasn't ready to get married. I didn't blame her.

About 2 months later (after I had already started dating my current g/f) she decided to drive about 2 hours to my cousin's house, where I was staying, out of the ****ing blue. I had my g/f walking one way and my ex starting the car to go the other way.

I haven't second guessed the decision since. I did see the ex afterwards (****ing humiliating course of events that was) about 2 years ago, but I'm still ecstatic I made the right decision for once...

Fried Meat Ball!
07-30-2005, 04:31 AM
Nope. At the time neither of us did.

She was getting ready to go off to college with her new guy. I just happened to call her the day she was moving all her $#it out of her parents house and preparing to ship it off to school.

We talked for about two weeks before she informed me that even though her new guy was a douche he was committed to her.

I didn't have a retort. I sure as hell wasn't ready to get married. I didn't blame her.

About 2 months later (after I had already started dating my current g/f) she decided to drive about 2 hours to my cousin's house, where I was staying, out of the ****ing blue. I had my g/f walking one way and my ex starting the car to go the other way.

I haven't second guessed the decision since. I did see the ex afterwards (****ing humiliating course of events that was) about 2 years ago, but I'm still ecstatic I made the right decision for once...

Well damn... you really took the wind out of my sails... I was just trying to be a dick.

Rausch
07-30-2005, 04:48 AM
Well damn... you really took the wind out of my sails... I was just trying to be a dick.

Ha! That's what you get focker....

Fried Meat Ball!
07-30-2005, 04:49 AM
Apparently.

badgirl
07-30-2005, 06:58 AM
Happened to me once also, was in the gro store with my husband and saw a X I immediately went to another isle and avoided him the whole time in the store, I knew if he saw me he would start talking to me and my husband at the time was VERY jealous of everything. Scary time for me :(

4th and Long
07-30-2005, 07:00 AM
I've ran into lots of my ex sweeties over the years. Never been a problem.

Rain Man
07-30-2005, 09:07 AM
The last line of that song is great. Fogelberg at his best.

Nzoner
07-30-2005, 09:33 AM
I've ran into lots of my ex sweeties

There's a couple of my ex's I'd like to run into.

4th and Long
07-30-2005, 09:35 AM
I've done that too. Talk about a rear end collision ... :D

Over-Head
07-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Silly boy, a Prick beats a dick any day! :D

Skip Towne
07-30-2005, 12:49 PM
I've ran into lots of my ex sweeties over the years. Never been a problem.
Are you saying you're a ho?

4th and Long
07-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Are you saying you're a ho?
Sadly, I used to be. Then I met a gal that straightened me out. Of course she up and left me last year after 5 long years ...

Damnit Skip! Thanks for brining up such a painful memory! :cuss:

ENDelt260
07-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Last night at the bar I ran into a gal I poked like three years ago. From the looks of things she's spent the majority of the past three years at the dinner table.

FloridaChief
07-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Last night at the bar I ran into a gal I poked like three years ago. From the looks of things she's spent the majority of the past three years at the dinner table.

And therein lies the surprise...

Rausch
07-30-2005, 03:45 PM

I have a few I'd like to run over...

ENDelt260
07-30-2005, 03:47 PM
And therein lies the surprise...
Yeah, like I don't get enough shit for that w/out them turning into elephants after I bang 'em.

"You f*cked THAT?"
"No. I f*cked a girl that looked kinda like her. I think that girl ate her."

Jenny Gump
07-30-2005, 03:55 PM
"You f*cked THAT?"
"No. I f*cked a girl that looked kinda like her. I think that girl ate her."

ROFL

This should be a signature.

Skip Towne
07-30-2005, 04:59 PM
You simply can't start a thread about fat girls or beer without Endelt magically appearing.

stevieray
07-30-2005, 05:08 PM

The secret is out, you break their heart and they eat thier way through the grieving process. She's prolly eaten a gallon of ice cream just seeing you again.

dtebbe
07-30-2005, 09:44 PM
Did you hit it? ROFL

ENDelt260
07-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Dig this... the reason I ran into the gal from a few years ago Friday night is a buddy of mine who is old friends with her and introduced us way back when is in town visiting right now. So, she met up with us at the bar again last night. Also in attendance last night was a gal I'm trying to start dating at the moment. At one point in the evening Ms. Three Years Ago approached Ms. Hopefully Near Future, their eyes get all wide, they hug and start talking. Turns out they're old friends.

Swell.

Phoenix is supposed to be a big town. Shit like this isn't supposed to happen.

FloridaChief
07-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Bum luck.

Rausch
07-31-2005, 03:39 PM
The secret is out, you break their heart and they eat thier way through the grieving process. She's prolly eaten a gallon of ice cream just seeing you again.

Either that, or once she quit the bugger sugar she blew up like she toured with Fleetwood Mac...