PDA

View Full Version : FredEx gets hurt

chop
07-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Chiefs | Mitchell Injures Knee, may need Scope
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:30:24 -0700

KCChiefs.com reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil said WR Freddie Mitchell (knee) hurt his knee at practice Saturday, July 30. He may need arthroscopic surgery. Right now Mitchell is conferring with the team doctor.

I hope it's not bad.

4th and Long
07-31-2005, 02:52 PM
With the way the injuries are piling up so far, someone please tell me we aren't scrimmaging against the Vikings again this year.

Wile_E_Coyote
07-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Chiefs WRs & injuries...

4th and Long
07-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Chiefs WRs & injuries...
... peanut butter and jelly. They both just go together.

Pants
07-31-2005, 02:55 PM
I was looking forward to him getting a 1000 yard season to shut all the pundits the f*ck up.

CrazyHorse
07-31-2005, 02:58 PM
With the way the injuries are piling up so far, someone please tell me we aren't scrimmaging against the Vikings again this year.

...we aren't scimmaging against the Vikings again this year.

Mile High Mania
07-31-2005, 02:59 PM
It's likely nothing major... Burress also hurt his knee in practice with the Giants. Get ready for a boatload of injuries in the camps.

AZORChiefFan
07-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Q: Whats the status of Freddie Mitchell?

DICK VERMEIL: It looks like he might need a scope. Dr. Browne (team doctor) is conferring with a doctor with whom Freddie has worked in the past. (It happened) just running a route yesterday.

Q: Is he going to go back to KC today?

VERMEIL: Im going to talk to Dr. Browne and Freddie right now.

Q: Any other updates on injuries?

VERMEIL: No, Kendrell Bells a lot better this morning. I didnt talk to John Browning but Im heading that way right now.

Q: When are you going to know something about Will Shields?

VERMEIL: Hes feeling a lot better, a lot better. I think the fact that hes gotten to work and been under our supervision has helped him. Hes going down for a check-up by our back guy in Kansas City and also getting an opinion from Dr. Watkins in LA; hell probably come back on Tuesday.

Q: Will he go to LA?

VERMEIL: I dont think hell have to go. His MRI will.

Sounds like none of the injuries are of the season ending variety.

Big Chief Homer
07-31-2005, 04:02 PM
if he has to have the scope,how many weeks do you guys think he'll be out?

cdcox
07-31-2005, 04:04 PM
I imagine a few Eagles fans are having a chuckle over this.

mikey23545
07-31-2005, 04:24 PM
A new receiver needs all the learning time he can get in this system, and of course, developing the timing between the QB and WR is critical....

I'm sure a scope keeps him out at least a few weeks...In other words, it sucks donkey balls.....

KCJake
07-31-2005, 04:35 PM
2-4 weeks. I think(?)

Mile High Mania
07-31-2005, 04:45 PM
The reality is that Freddie is the 3rd likely receiver on the team behind Eddie and Sammie (sounds like a Van Halen reference) and overall, 5th behind Gonzo, Holmes, Eddie and Sammie...

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2005, 05:07 PM
I imagine a few Eagles fans are having a chuckle over this.Which is just stupid, really. What does it matter to them? Like that thread on here laughing at Holliday for getting hurt... just dumb.

jiveturkey
07-31-2005, 05:31 PM
The reality is that Freddie is the 3rd likely receiver on the team behind Eddie and Sammie (sounds like a Van Halen reference) and overall, 5th behind Gonzo, Holmes, Eddie and Sammie...Wilson, Johnson, and Hall would be better options than Mitchell as well, IMO.

Hydrae
07-31-2005, 05:37 PM

Long enough to have gotten himself out of the majority of camp. :D

TRR
07-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Mitchell was in the running to start. If he is out any period of time, it will be a loss.

milkman
07-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Mitchell was in the running to start. If he is out any period of time, it will be a loss.

We hadn't made the bet, but as you know, I was betting that he wouldn't make the team.

So, from my perspective, the only loss here is the competition.

Demonpenz
07-31-2005, 07:35 PM
there maybe a tear in that knee

TRR
07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
We hadn't made the bet, but as you know, I was betting that he wouldn't make the team.

So, from my perspective, the only loss here is the competition.

All you have to is read the comments, and you could tell that Mitchell was slated, at the least, into the 3rd WR spot. If Mitchell's injury is serious, Parker will be leaned on even more, injury prone Boe will be leaned on more, Hall will be forced into more action, and Thorpe's the same.

It's not a huge loss if he can't come back, but I guarantee you Vermeil and Saunders were counting on Mitchell for more than just competition no matter what they are saying in public.

milkman
07-31-2005, 07:43 PM
All you have to is read the comments, and you could tell that Mitchell was slated, at the least, into the 3rd WR spot. If Mitchell's injury is serious, Parker will be leaned on even more, injury prone Boe will be leaned on more, Hall will be forced into more action, and Thorpe's the same.

It's not a huge loss if he can't come back, but I guarantee you Vermeil and Saunders were counting on Mitchell for more than just competition no matter what they are saying in public.

To tell the truth, I was really hoping, had we made the bet, to lose.

I was a fan of Mitchell coming out of college, and if he did finally achieve his potential here, it would only be good for the Chiefs.

But I am a cynic, so I, of course, had doubts.

But I admit, everything was positive regarding him, until this injury.

Maybe he'll be a quick healer! :rolleyes:

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2005, 07:44 PM
there maybe a tear in that knee

Was this on the news?

TRR
07-31-2005, 08:30 PM
From Peterson's interview, and the River Falls Camp website, it sounds like Mitchell will have a scope done, and will be back in three weeks.

I've heard of players coming back in 2 weeks, so hopefully they get in there, and the doctors only find a slight tear, or none at all.

Dave Lane
07-31-2005, 10:28 PM

We aren't

Dave

the Talking Can
07-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Bad news for Fedex....good news for Bo and maybe Crap-ho...

stevieray
07-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Bad news for Fedex....good news for Bo and maybe Crap-ho...

That was my intial thought as well, including Chris Horn.

the Talking Can
07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
That was my intial thought as well, including Chris Horn.

Yeah, Horn is in a tough spot...I personally think he's a better WR than Fredex, but he'll never be a given a chance at more than 3rd-string-injury-back-up-plan-B...too bad, I KNOW he has better hands than Fredex.

cdcox
07-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Which is just stupid, really. What does it matter to them? Like that thread on here laughing at Holliday for getting hurt... just dumb.

I doubt FredEx was loved in Eagles Country. I've seen more than a few laughs directed towards ex-Chiefs who's fortunes turned south after, shall we say, spotted careers in KC. Yeah, it's probably stupid, but we've had more than our share of that here.

TEX
07-31-2005, 10:52 PM
This team just has bad luck when it comes to keeping WR's healthy in camp... :cuss:

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2005, 10:53 PM
DV said Fredex won't be hurt by this injury, as far as keeping his job is concerned. He said they'll wait for him to get healed and get back in there.

So that shoots down my thinking that Freddie would be out of a job because of his injury. DV also said that they know what Freddie can do so it won't hurt him.

Deberg_1990
07-31-2005, 10:55 PM
DV said Fredex won't be hurt by this injury, as far as keeping his job is concerned. He said they'll wait for him to get healed and get back in there.

So that shoots down my thinking that Freddie would be out of a job because of his injury. DV also said that they know what Freddie can do so it won't hurt him.

So it sounds like our WR situation is already pretty much set then? Kennison, Parker and Mitchell. With Bo and Craphonso as the backups??

ZootedGranny
07-31-2005, 10:57 PM
I must say I'm looking forward to seeing Fred Ex on the sidelines of a blowout, Intercontinental Championship belt in full display, Fro Hawk standing stoicly in the wind, getting ignorant as ****.

cdcox
07-31-2005, 11:03 PM
So it sounds like our WR situation is already pretty much set then? Kennison, Parker and Mitchell. With Bo and Craphonso as the backups??

I wouldn't say that the WR situation is settled at all. They could still use Hall as the #5 if they want to carry additional players at another roster spot. After Kennsion, Parker and Mitchell, I'd say all positions are up for grabs. All things being equal, Thorpe probably has an inside track to a roster spot because of being a new draftee. Bo definitely needs to re-establish himself after two bad years; his special teams contributions will help.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-31-2005, 11:04 PM

It sounds that way, yes.