PDA

View Full Version : So who here has been arrested before, that is besides me?

JOhn
07-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Well Last night I got an unpleasant surprise. My mom opened the door, and there stood two of Cody's finest :rolleyes:

Seems I forgot about a ticket I received, because my son had undone the seatbelt and I got written up for not having him restrained, a $55.00 ticket. And since I forgot to pay it, they issued a bench warrant and they all know who I am, must have figured it would be an easy arrest for their stat sheets.

Kinda pissed me off, as the Sheriff's deputy at the jail said they used to allow people to just come down and pay the fine and not arrest or book them in. But with the new Chief, he wants all warrants arrested and booked through the jail. Truthfully I think it's to justify the new multi million dollar jail being built. :shrug:

Anyway, after spending a whole 30minutes in Jail, the wife and best friend bailed me out. Got me wondering who else here has been arrested before? For me this is the 2nd time in my life, both in the past year and both for tickets. :banghead:

Demonpenz
07-31-2005, 05:22 PM
couple mips couple fights nothing kcmizzou worthy

JOhn
07-31-2005, 05:25 PM
couple mips couple fights nothing kcmizzou worthy

ROFL

Phobia
07-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Public Intox when I was 18 (guilty). Domestic Violence a decade ago - two different times (not guilty x2). Bench warrant on an unpaid expired registration ticket 2 years ago.

That's 4x and I only feel like I deserved the whole cuffs and incarceration thing for the PI.

ChiTown
07-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Last Summer. Spent the night in jail for DUI. Very unpleasant experience. 25 guys in a 12-15 cell for 8 hours. SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Phobia
07-31-2005, 05:27 PM
FWIW, I'm really having a hard time believing JOhn didn't pay a ticket. Anybody else?

~had to be said....

JOhn
07-31-2005, 05:28 PM
Public Intox when I was 18 (guilty). Domestic Violence a decade ago - two different times (not guilty x2). Bench warrant on an unpaid expired registration ticket 2 years ago.

That's 4x and I only feel like I deserved the whole cuffs and incarceration thing for the PI.
Yea I hear yea, Kinda pissed me off, 3 PD cars at the house, and then they cuff me & stuff me in the car.

At least they honored my request to not cuff me were my kids could see.

JOhn
07-31-2005, 05:30 PM
FWIW, I'm really having a hard time believing JOhn didn't pay a ticket. Anybody else?

~had to be said....
:banghead:

I expected & deserved that. :(

Ultra Peanut
07-31-2005, 05:32 PM

~had to be said....He really needs to write this stuff down... ROFL

Saulbadguy
07-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Never. I was indicted by the state of Iowa once, but nothing ever came of that.

Rain Man
07-31-2005, 06:26 PM
42 years and I've never been caught.

saturnknts
07-31-2005, 06:33 PM
seen a bit too much of the police here ourselves.

only arrest was my wife though.

3 months ago, pulled over for turn signal violation, warned only.

2 months ago, pulled over for 44 in a 30(construction zone on main street near our house. didnt mean too, but the normal speed limit is 40 and just wasn't paying attention to my foot. kind of like when you drive home from work and don't remember the entire trip because you do it daily) currently in diversion.

last weekend pulled over for turn signal violation.(which may ruin my diversion) turned left at a three way stoplight apparently without using my signal. wasnt paying attention it was 11pm and just got done bowling and i was tired. wife had just opened a beer(which honestly we had no freaking clue it was illegal in kansas for the passanger to do. i don't drink at all so it was never something i would even pay attention to. she also had no clue.) he noticed the beer and asked her to step out of the car and cuffed her right there in front of our two daughters (9,12) followed him to the station. i was behind his supervisors car but noticed that he as well didnt use his signal upon turning twice on the way there! she got out after processing paperwork for no bond thank god. his supervisor told me he didnt notice his officer not using his signal but would "take care of it"

today! went fishing with dad and the youngest daughter. she had to use the bathroom so we boated up to the dock. she took off her pfd on the way. noticed a wildlife officer pulling up at the same time we were pulling up. he wrote me up for a class c misdemeanor.

better to stay home then go out! much less trouble that way.

guess we arent as law abiding as we thought we were.

Skip Towne
07-31-2005, 06:36 PM
They nabbed me for highway gawk with intent to mope one time. I beat the rap.

4th and Long
07-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Note to self: When driving through Wichita, use turn a signal.

JOhn
07-31-2005, 06:47 PM
and cuffed her right there in front of our two daughters (9,12)

Yea that's kinda bad, glad they didn'y let my kids see it. Upset my 8y/o bad enough as it was. At least the kids now understand why they MUST were the seat bealt.

That and remind dad to quit forgetting shit. :banghead:

alanm
07-31-2005, 07:41 PM
JOhn, that's what sucks about living in a small town. The cops have nothing better to do than go about rounding up traffic offenders who haven't paid their fines. You could have lived your whole life without that happening had you lived in a town with a population of more than 200,000 and not had a run in with the police. Cities like Omaha for instance have a Amnesty Day where they let you come in and pay your fines just to have the paper work off the books if you missed your court date. What cracks me up living here in Scottsbluff/Gering is on the county's little access channel on cable they run a little thing called Scottsbluff's Most Wanted. They have people who've missed their court date that are on it for stupid shit like. Wanted!! Non Appearance for Open Container. ROFL ROFL ROFL

ENDelt260
07-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Me get arrested? Why that would imply I had committed an illegal act. That's simply preposterous.

Logical
07-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Arrested but not charged. I drove my friend and his dad who got out of my car to streak the girls dorm. Literally a second after they were out the lights and siren came on and I was hauled off. Turns out there was nothing they could charge me with but they wanted to try to pressure me to give them up. Having a stepfather that was a cop I was not talking. Let me go after 15 minutes of hard time at the Columbia station's desk.ROFL

chefsos
07-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Never. Not gonna be you bunch of degenerates' prison bitch either. ROFL

JOhn
07-31-2005, 11:11 PM
JOhn, that's what sucks about living in a small town. The cops have nothing better to do than go about rounding up traffic offenders who haven't paid their fines. You could have lived your whole life without that happening had you lived in a town with a population of more than 200,000 and not had a run in with the police. Cities like Omaha for instance have a Amnesty Day where they let you come in and pay your fines just to have the paper work off the books if you missed your court date. What cracks me up living here in Scottsbluff/Gering is on the county's little access channel on cable they run a little thing called Scottsbluff's Most Wanted. They have people who've missed their court date that are on it for stupid shit like. Wanted!! Non Appearance for Open Container. ROFL ROFL ROFL
Yea they do that shit here also, Channal 17... :rolleyes:

|Zach|
07-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Nevah!

|Zach|
07-31-2005, 11:16 PM
I was close last weekend.

Mile High Mania
07-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Arrested? Possibly...

Charged? No way

Could you find a record of such an incident? Nope.

greg63
07-31-2005, 11:44 PM
I avoid law infractions where and whenever possible.

luv
08-01-2005, 01:54 AM
Although handcuffs can be fun, no.

ENDelt260
08-01-2005, 02:01 AM
Although handcuffs can be fun, no.
The cops don't use the furry ones.

luv
08-01-2005, 02:03 AM
Well then, not just no, HELL NO. ROFL

stumppy
08-01-2005, 02:04 AM

Hell, I'll take all the furry ones they don't want. You can always have them trimmed up.

Rausch
08-01-2005, 02:59 AM

Nope, but prison gaurds do...

Rausch
08-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Arrested? Possibly...

Charged? No way

Could you find a record of such an incident? Nope.

Bet me...

luv
08-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Nope, but prison gaurds do...
You in "tight" with any prison guards?

Rausch
08-01-2005, 03:24 AM
You in "tight" with any prison guards?

Not in a way that would keep me out of the military, but yeah...

luv
08-01-2005, 03:25 AM
Not in a way that would keep me out of the military, but yeah...
ROFL

chagrin
08-01-2005, 09:05 AM
DUI

Michigan Cops are some cruel dudes. Everytime I see a night stick I feel nauseated...

MOhillbilly
08-01-2005, 09:15 AM
ive been pinched a few times for bullshit, once for 2nd Assault.
only a misd. assault conviction 10-12 years ago.
no trouble in about 6 years.

Skip Towne
08-01-2005, 09:28 AM
ive been pinched a few times for bullshit, once for 2nd Assault.
only a misd. assault conviction 10-12 years ago.
no trouble in about 6 years.
What about that guy you stabbed?

stumppy
08-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Lost count a long time ago.

MOhillbilly
08-01-2005, 10:05 AM
What about that guy you stabbed?

i was in Jr High and it was his knife.

WilliamTheIrish
08-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Got rung up by KHP guy in early 80's on I-70 in Wyabdotte Co. Driver got DUI and the patrolman told me - the passenger - I had to walk. It was Feb. and -10* outside. I was shiotfaced and there was no way I was going to walk back to KC or forward to the toll booth.

My response: "No Way."

His Response: "Click."

Failure to obey a lawful police order and obstruction of legal process.

27 hours in the Wyco jail. Not a fun place.

Saulbadguy
08-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Damn. More people have been arrested than those who have not. Are you people really that stupid? :)

ENDelt260
08-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Are you people really that stupid? :)

Yes. I determined this weekend that I'm terminally stupid. I've always known that I'm a dumbass, but up until now I believed I was learning a little something here and there from my mistakes. Apparently, this was incorrect. I'm doomed to be a drooling idiot for the rest of my life.

JOhn
08-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Yes. I determined this weekend that I'm terminally stupid. I've always known that I'm a dumbass, but up until now I believed I was learning a little something here and there from my mistakes. Apparently, this was incorrect. I'm doomed to be a drooling idiot for the rest of my life.

That pretty well sums it up for a lot of us. :shrug:

chagrin
08-01-2005, 12:39 PM
shit happens

Donger
08-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Michigan Cops are some cruel dudes. Everytime I see a night stick I feel nauseated...

I feel the same way every time I see fat chicks. I'm not sure why, however.

cadmonkey
08-01-2005, 01:50 PM
July 4th, 2003 for DUI. Spent the night in jail, the next day in a holding cell with my wrists shackled to my anckles.

PastorMikH
08-01-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking that they will probably start arresting JOhn on a weekly basis now that they have held him and realized his uncanny ability for cleaning. Think of the money the county will save by having him do the moping and dusting while incarcerated as opposed to having to pay a janitor.

PastorMikH
08-01-2005, 02:59 PM
When I was 15 I did get to ride in a police car with my hands cuffed behind my back. Buddy of mine and I jumped in one of dad's cars and went joy-riding. When lights came on behind us, my buddy thought he could outrun the cops. He didn't either. He slid the car into a sign post trying to take a curve on a gravel road. He jumps out and starts running with the officer chasing him - pistol drawn. I was scared enough that I just got out, walked around to the trunk, assumed the position and waited for the second cop to show up and arrest me. What a night.

morphius
08-01-2005, 03:03 PM
I once got pulled over for not using a turn signal, which was complete BS because I couldn't turn without using one, even when I tried! He just saw a bunch of HS kids out after midnight on St Pat day passing a bottle from the back seat to the front and wanted a quick look in the car. Luckily the drunk idiots in the car stayed quiet and help up thier bottles of Sprite for the nice officer and he let us go.

Donger
08-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Oddly enough, no, I've never been arrested. I've sat in the back of a few police cars before, and was once pulled over twice in the same night by the same cop, but no arrests.

At this point, I'd like to give thanks to my older brothers, who gave me excellent Overland Park PD SERE training.

JOhn
08-01-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm thinking that they will probably start arresting JOhn on a weekly basis now that they have held him and realized his uncanny ability for cleaning. Think of the money the county will save by having him do the moping and dusting while incarcerated as opposed to having to pay a janitor.

JOhn
08-01-2005, 04:12 PM
When I was 15 I did get to ride in a police car with my hands cuffed behind my back. Buddy of mine and I jumped in one of dad's cars and went joy-riding. When lights came on behind us, my buddy thought he could outrun the cops. He didn't either. He slid the car into a sign post trying to take a curve on a gravel road. He jumps out and starts running with the officer chasing him - pistol drawn. I was scared enough that I just got out, walked around to the trunk, assumed the position and waited for the second cop to show up and arrest me. What a night.
I KNEW there had to be a skeleton or two in your closet. ROFL

rep for the honesty