PDA

View Full Version : How in the ****?!?!?!?!?!

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 09:09 AM
... do you beat the White Sox 2 out of 3 and then get swept in a four game series in Tampa??!!!!!???

mother-****ing no good piece of shit eating gawd damn pissant **** **** ****ing Royals!!! ****!

:cuss:

:banghead:

:bang:

:#

:spank:

:PPL:

chagrin
08-01-2005, 09:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 09:12 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
piss off Florida boy.

:D

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Yes, truely amazing. I mean, how does a team that's 29 games under .500 get swept on the road?

chagrin
Yes, truely amazing. I mean, how does a team that's 29 games under .500 get swept on the road?

Profound

beavis
Great thread. :rolleyes:

HemiEd
08-01-2005, 09:16 AM
I did not see where we traded anyone either. Or did I miss it?

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Great thread. :rolleyes:
Obviously good enough for you to feel the need to post on.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 09:18 AM
nlm

beavis
08-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Obviously good enough for you to feel the need to post on.
Well what the hell is your point? That we suck? Thanks Captain Obvious. We were having a hard time telling that from our .362 winning percentage. If you're going to start a thread, at least have a beef with a player or the front office. Hell, even peterpuffer could do that when he was issuing his daily threads.

Ari Chi3fs
08-01-2005, 09:25 AM
heh

beavis
08-01-2005, 09:31 AM
heh
Quality posts all around in this thread.

shakesthecat
08-01-2005, 09:34 AM
So I guess your annual "I'm done being a fan of this team" thread can't be far off.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Well what the hell is your point? That we suck? Thanks Captain Obvious. We were having a hard time telling that from our .362 winning percentage. If you're going to start a thread, at least have a beef with a player or the front office. Hell, even peterpuffer could do that when he was issuing his daily threads.
The point... if there has to be one, was to get it off my chest, let it out and then feel better about it. You see, sometimes I use ChiefsPlanet as a simple sounding board to express happiness, frustration, anxiety or any other range of feelings. I know that I have friends here who will understand and appreciate that. We'll make a few jokes, have a few laughs and go on to the next subject.

Other people seem to be bent on everything needing a neat category to put every thread into and everything having a specific use. I don't look at this place that way. I'm just here having some fun, talk some sports, hang out with some friends.

Sorry to offend you. Maybe you could just put me on ignore if I bother you.

Saulbadguy
08-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I watched them give up 3 dingers on Saturday night to one guy, while I was sitting at George Brett's on the plaza. That was entertaining.

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 10:02 AM
One of the biggest disappintments this season, for me, is the inconsistent play of Zach Greinke. I keep waiting for this kid to resemble the player he was for most of 2004. His control is bad, as his walk count is way up vs. last year (1.6 walks/9 in 04 vs 2.7 walks/9 in 05). The location of his fastball stays letter high, his curve drops over the center of the plate, he can't seem to consistently find that one pitch that can get a guy out when he needs to.

The absolute upswing to all this is that he's 21 yrs old and has an excellent arm. I'm happy as hell to have him as a young ace for this team. I just don't like seeing a kid flounder like this, when confidence at this age is a huge component for future success. IMO, Guy Hansen has to start earning his wage by getting whatever's going on with Greinke corrected. Again, that's jmo.

siberian khatru
08-01-2005, 10:24 AM
One of the biggest disappintments this season, for me, is the inconsistent play of Zach Greinke. I keep waiting for this kid to resemble the player he was for most of 2004. His control is bad, as his walk count is way up vs. last year (1.6 walks/9 in 04 vs 2.7 walks/9 in 05). The location of his fastball stays letter high, his curve drops over the center of the plate, he can't seem to consistently find that one pitch that can get a guy out when he needs to.

The absolute upswing to all this is that he's 21 yrs old and has an excellent arm. I'm happy as hell to have him as a young ace for this team. I just don't like seeing a kid flounder like this, when confidence at this age is a huge component for future success. IMO, Guy Hansen has to start earning his wage by getting whatever's going on with Greinke corrected. Again, that's jmo.

You know, I sometimes wonder if Hansen is the problem. For all the good he does (and I do like him), maybe he and Greinke just don't mesh. I mean, if you're looking for a variable between last year and this year, Hansen is the obvious one. Of course, I can't prove any cause-effect; maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe Zach is a head case; maybe the league figured him out; maybe he's tipping pitches; maybe he's hiding an injury; maybe he's just not that good. There's lots of alternate explanations.

Still, I just wonder, given Hansen's uberpersonality and Greinke's quirkiness ...

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 10:26 AM

Agreed. I thought Greinke was gonna become a force. Of course I thought Gobble was too.

At least between Greinke and Leo Nunez we have the two most child-like looking players in all of sports. I doubt either one of them can even grow facial hair yet.

Uatu
08-01-2005, 11:13 AM
A bad baseball team losing a series on the road is shocking. It's amazing the things you learn around here!

KCTitus
08-01-2005, 11:18 AM
The drive to 120 marches on...had me worried there for a minute.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 11:33 AM
A bad baseball team losing a series on the road is shocking. It's amazing the things you learn around here!
You see... the fact that we had just won 2 of 3 vs. the Sox... White Sox... best record in MLB.... made for an extra bit of frustration. Just when you think maybe.........

J Diddy
08-01-2005, 11:35 AM
You see... the fact that we had just won 2 of 3 vs. the Sox... White Sox... best record in MLB.... made for an extra bit of frustration. Just when you think maybe.........

Then reality should have grabbed you, shook the shit out of you and then screamed at you "it's the freaking royals"

Demonpenz
08-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah it sucks, but atleast we aren't yankees fans saying htf did we get sweepeed my kc

gblowfish
08-01-2005, 11:39 AM
I've kept a blog on the Royals season(4th year in a row). I rant here:
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Royals2005-1.html

Dr. Facebook Fever
Yeah it sucks, but atleast we aren't yankees fans saying htf did we get sweepeed my kc
true.... end of thread.

Dr. Facebook Fever
I've kept a blog on the Royals season(4th year in a row). I rant here:
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Royals2005-1.html
I came across your blog in a goodle search last week...... cool... even though it makes me want to kill myself.

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Jazayerli: A look at a bright future ... in 2007

By Rany Jazayerli
Special to The Capital-Journal
If you're a long-suffering Royals fan -- is there any other kind? -- you have learned the only way to stomach the present is to look to the future.

Unfortunately, the past decade has only served to prove Dan Quisenberry's adage that "I have seen the future and it's much like the present, only longer."

The two may finally be diverging. The Royals have endeavored for years to develop a roster of young talent together, keeping the team together long enough to contend before the ravages of time and salary scatter it to the four winds.

So let's look to the future. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the starting lineup of the 2007 Kansas City Royals:

Center field -- With so many young hitters who may or may not turn into good major league players, the Royals ought to be thankful one of their young hitters is already there. David DeJesus is, according to the offensive metrics we use at Baseball Prospectus, the third-best center fielder in the American League.

Second Base -- Ruben Gotay hasn't had the rookie season many people -- many people is a euphemism for I -- thought he would have. But if Gotay doesn't pan out, recent call-up Donnie Murphy might. They're both just 22. The odds dictate one of them will develop into a quality player.

Designated Hitter -- Unless Mike Sweeney has been traded by the time you read this, he'll hit third for as long as he wants. His recent hot streak has been a much-needed reminder that, in between DL stints, he can still mash.

First Base -- One of Allard Baird's best trades was to acquire Justin Huber from the Mets last summer in exchange for waiver pickup Jose Bautista. Huber belatedly received a promotion to Triple-A this week after hitting .343 with a .432 OBP and a .570 slugging average in Wichita. That combination of patience and power is rare for any Royal, let alone one who just turned 23.

Right Field -- We have to put Alex Gordon, the Royals' highest draft pick ever, somewhere in this lineup. Gordon played third base at Nebraska, but he has the bat to play anywhere. The outfielder that Baird has been on the prowl for might be closer than he thinks.

Left Field -- Billy Butler is, quite simply, one of the most advanced teenage hitters the franchise has ever had. The 19-year-old phenom should be promoted to Double-A any day now after ripping the California League for a .346 average, with 24 homers and a .634 slugging average. He very well could be in Kansas City this time next season.

Third Base -- Mark Teahen may never hit for power, but like Joe Randa before him, we shouldn't hold it against him. He was rushed to the majors, but if you look past his growing pains, you can see a potentially terrific defensive third baseman with a disciplined opposite-field approach at the plate.

Shortstop -- Love him or hate him, Angel Berroa is signed through 2008, and the Royals don't have many alternatives. The problem with Berroa is that all his skills -- power, speed, plate discipline -- are going backward. If there's one position in the lineup where Baird needs to look for an upgrade, it's here.

Catcher -- When the Royals acquired John Buck in the Carlos Beltran trade, he was supposed to compensate for a low average with above-average power. So far, he has only lived up to half his promise -- the wrong half. It's too early to give up: Buck just turned 25. But on this mythical roster, he bats ninth.

That's not a bad lineup, and even better, it has room for improvement. Every hitter except Sweeney and Berroa will be 27 or younger that season. The Royals had an even better young lineup in 1999, though, and it went all for naught because of the pitching. So next time we'll look at how the boys on the mound might fare in 2007.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Jazayerli: A look at a bright future ... in 2007

Apparently no one thinks much of Chris Lubanski as an outfielder/power hitter.

chiefqueen
08-01-2005, 12:15 PM
... do you beat the White Sox 2 out of 3 and then get swept in a four game series in Tampa??!!!!!???

mother-****ing no good piece of shit eating gawd damn pissant **** **** ****ing Royals!!! ****!

I think Buddy may get 2 or 3 days to ponder this question later in the week thanks to Mr. Selig.

FYI...any Bell suspension would be for Saturday's comments to the media about Brinkman.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
I think Buddy may get 2 or 3 days to ponder this question later in the week thanks to Mr. Selig.

FYI...any Bell suspension would be for Saturday's comments to the media about Brinkman.
guess I missed those comments...

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 12:18 PM

Problem is 2-fold:

1. DeJesus has really progressed and looks like a solid player, both offensively and defensively. Mix that in with the fact that we drafted Alex Gordon and he will be playing RF, along with the best young power hitter in the Royals ML's - Billy Butler. Where does Lubanski fit in?

2. Lubanski is doing much better this season hitting for power (22 HR's, 26 2b's), but he has to learn how to cut down on the K's. He's got a pretty paltry OBP at .333.

His big upside is that he has an excellent speed & bat combo. He's a very good base runner (13 steals in 14 attenpts). If he can get better command at the plate in '06 (more walks/less K's), then he will be a def. factor by 07. I think he'll be playing most of 06' in Wichita, and have a shot in KC if Gordon or Butler can't hack it.

Reaper16
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM

He's shown signs of turning it around, with some great play the past two months, but there may not ultimately be a spot for him.
Baird shot himself in the foot yesterday by demanding a power hitting corner outfielder instead of desperately needed starting pitching. See, we kind of now have an outfield glut. After the likely starting combo of Gordon, DeJesus, and Butler, we've got Lubanski, Chip Ambres, Shane Costa, Matt Diaz, and Mitch Maier: all who will have, at the least, a major-league bat. Lubanski has actual power, and Ambres has speed and baserunning ability as well. There are only so many spots. I'd like to see Baird figure out which outfielders are going to stay with us, and trade the others for pitching. especially if we can dump Diaz. (even though he's destroing AAA right now)

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
1. Beltran has really progressed
I'm sure you meant DeJesus...

:)

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm sure you meant DeJesus...

:)

DOH!

Quite the slip....thanks.

Dave Lane
08-01-2005, 12:31 PM

:cuss:

:banghead:

:#

:spank:

:PPL:

How do you really feel? Don't hold back.

Dave

beavis
08-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Problem is 2-fold:

1. DeJesus has really progressed and looks like a solid player, both offensively and defensively. Mix that in with the fact that we drafted Alex Gordon and he will be playing RF, along with the best young power hitter in the Royals ML's - Billy Butler. Where does Lubanski fit in?

2. Lubanski is doing much better this season hitting for power (22 HR's, 26 2b's), but he has to learn how to cut down on the K's. He's got a pretty paltry OBP at .333.

His big upside is that he has an excellent speed & bat combo. He's a very good base runner (13 steals in 14 attenpts). If he can get better command at the plate in '06 (more walks/less K's), then he will be a def. factor by 07. I think he'll be playing most of 06' in Wichita, and have a shot in KC if Gordon or Butler can't hack it.
I personally think Gordon will still be playing 3rd when he comes up. We've got plenty of outfield candidates to fill the holes out there.

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 12:41 PM
He's shown signs of turning it around, with some great play the past two months, but there may not ultimately be a spot for him.
Baird shot himself in the foot yesterday by demanding a power hitting corner outfielder instead of desperately needed starting pitching. See, we kind of now have an outfield glut. After the likely starting combo of Gordon, DeJesus, and Butler, we've got Lubanski, Chip Ambres, Shane Costa, Matt Diaz, and Mitch Maier: all who will have, at the least, a major-league bat. Lubanski has actual power, and Ambres has speed and baserunning ability as well. There are only so many spots. I'd like to see Baird figure out which outfielders are going to stay with us, and trade the others for pitching. especially if we can dump Diaz. (even though he's destroing AAA right now)

Diaz is Triple A insurance. You can use him in a pinch for the Big Club when needed. I don't see him ever being a threat on the Big club. Ambres is much like Jose Batista, but maybe a bit more disciplined at the plate, and better speed. Costa has some mechanics issues with his swing. He's got to work on that in AA if he wants to have a shot at consistently hitting Major League pitching. Maier is an excellent prospect. He needs another full season in AA ball, and he can start pushing for a spot in '07.

So, while there is "some" talent beyond the 07 projections, I don't see a lot of guys that are going to be seriously pushing Butler, DeJesus and Gordon. That's just my honest opinion. So, I still see corner OF as a possible need, but not like I do at SS and Catcher. I'd love to see us package some prospects to cover this shortage. I absolutely cringe when I think what we have behind Buck and Berroa. I said this the other day, but we have to get some legit prospects that can push these guys. Right now, they both look behind them and see nothing. Blanco, if healthy, might push Berroa if he could hit the ball. Thus far, he's a one trick pony with his defense. At Catcher.........................(crickets)

Saulbadguy
08-01-2005, 12:45 PM
I have a few questions as I don't know much about baseball...

1. Why was John Buck regarded as a good move in the trade? Is he a good catcher, can he call a good game? He can't bat worth a shit. He seems to be good at throwing people out.

2. Who will be a FA at the end of this season? (On the Royals)

3. Will the Royals spend any money this offseason, or will we bring up some more talent from the farm to fill in the gaps?

Thanks in advance.

Reaper16
08-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Diaz is Triple A insurance. You can use him in a pinch for the Big Club when needed. I don't see him ever being a threat on the Big club. Ambres is much like Jose Batista, but maybe a bit more disciplined at the plate, and better speed. Costa has some mechanics issues with his swing. He's got to work on that in AA if he wants to have a shot at consistently hitting Major League pitching. Maier is an excellent prospect. He needs another full season in AA ball, and he can start pushing for a spot in '07.

So, while there is "some" talent beyond the 07 projections, I don't see a lot of guys that are going to be seriously pushing Butler, DeJesus and Gordon. That's just my honest opinion. So, I still see corner OF as a possible need, but not like I do at SS and Catcher. I'd love to see us package some prospects to cover this shortage. I absolutely cringe when I think what we have behind Buck and Berroa. I said this the other day, but we have to get some legit prospects that can push these guys. Right now, they both look behind them and see nothing. Blanco, if healthy, might push Berroa if he could hit the ball. Thus far, he's a one trick pony with his defense. At Catcher.........................(crickets)

I agree, that's why I call it a glut. Those guys souldn't be better than DeJesus/Butler/Gordon, but they can all potentially be productive. I like Ambres off the bench, good discipline and speed. and Lubanski and Maier are solid prospects with seemingly nowhere to fit them.

Reaper16
08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I have a few questions as I don't know much about baseball...

1. Why was John Buck regarded as a good move in the trade? Is he a good catcher, can he call a good game? He can't bat worth a shit. He seems to be good at throwing people out.

2. Who will be a FA at the end of this season? (On the Royals)

3. Will the Royals spend any money this offseason, or will we bring up some more talent from the farm to fill in the gaps?

Thanks in advance.

Buck, potentially, has 20-25 homer power(he had 12 in half a season last year) with above average defense. He's made maybe two errors all year.

Stairs will be, that's all I can think of. Affeldt and I think Hernandez will be arbitration eligable.

Glass and Baird have said that they want next year's payroll to be around $50 million, which would predicate spending some money.

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Buck is the best catching "prospect" this organization has seen in years. The problem with Buck, is that he was not offensively ready to play at this level. His defense is good and getting better every time I see him play. The hole in the Beltran trade was that we didn't have anyone to push Buck, so he was thrust into the everyday lineup - much like Teahen. Mark could have used more time in the minors working on trying to pull the ball, vs. pushing everything to the opposite field.

I think, by 07, both of these guys will be much different players offensively. Unfortunately, we have to watch (professionally) what they should be learning in the Minors. This is what you have to deal with if you want to be a Royals fan........

tk13
08-01-2005, 01:03 PM
How? They're a young inconsistent team. That's how.