PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp and pre-season. The Love/Hate relationship.

ptlyon
08-01-2005, 09:13 AM
I love being able to read about my Chiefs. Football season is right around the corner. I love that part.

The hate comes in reading all the hype. K.M. is getting the writeups right now. DJ will be in camp this afternoon, by Friday he will be the best thing since sliced bread.

I wouldn't be surprised if there won't be a Sims love fest in the coming weeks.

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like we read the same stuff last year.

I just hope all this is not hype.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 09:16 AM
The hype doesn't get me so much as some of the totally idiotic stuff that people will say over the next month. Although, in some cases, "hype" fits that description, too.

Nzoner
08-01-2005, 09:21 AM
I love being able to read about my Chiefs. Football season is right around the corner. I love that part.

The hate comes in reading all the hype.

Look at it like this,it beats the hell out of reading about a significant injury.

J Diddy
08-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Look at it like this,it beats the hell out of reading about a significant injury.

It is quite possible that you just jinxed us.

Nzoner
08-01-2005, 12:31 PM
It is quite possible that you just jinxed us.

I bet you come to a complete stop and whip a U whenever a black cat crosses your path too.

tk13
08-01-2005, 12:44 PM
I certainly understand what you mean, it seems like the same thing every year. I think Kawika's going to have a good year though, this "hype" doesn't surprise me. He was actually playing fairly well by the end of last year, it should carry over, and hopefully improve this year. I really don't think he's going to be another William Bartee, or J.J. Moses, or whoever...

Dave Lane
08-01-2005, 02:25 PM
The hype to me is much preferable to hearing about Dongers legs.

Dave

~ready for all the nonsense posts to end and someone to get hit!