PDA

View Full Version : 810am WHB or 610am KCSP?

John_Wayne
08-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Simple question / poll:
For Chiefs coverage, which one do you prefer to listen to? Why?

I welcome your comments on the individual radio hosts / personalities as well. ( Keitzman, Rohnda Moss, D.A., Petro, St. John, Jack Harry, Stormbot, Grunhard, etc. )

http://www.61sports.com/

http://www.810whb.com/

Fire Me Boy!
08-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Poll, huh?

bobbything
08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Right now, no question. 610 is far superior because 810 is, for all intents and purposes, is required to cover the Royals.

But, I still think that 810 has a better product. Once the Royals are done, I'll probably switch over.

J Diddy
08-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I just read the planet.

Fire Me Boy!
08-01-2005, 11:48 AM
I listen to 610... I didn't start listening at all until last year, and mainly Whitless... because he pissed me off. But now, even though Whitless is gone, I still listen to 610.

tyton75
08-01-2005, 11:49 AM
agree with Bobbything... I like 810 much better, but they talk so much Royals, that I turn to 610 on occasion to see if they are talking Chiefs.. 610 sucks though.. although I can stand DA

KC Dan
08-01-2005, 11:49 AM
I listen to 810 because 610 doesn't stream.

John_Wayne
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
OK, the poll is complete. Sorry for the delay.

Dave Lane
08-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I like Petro on 810 but the rest are LAME!

Dave

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 11:57 AM
I listen to both, and I won't pick one over the other. They both have strengths and weaknesses, they both have hosts that I like and strongly dislike, they both have good interviews and guests from time to time, and they both spend hours wasting breath on shit that I don't care about. All-in-all, I feel fortunate to have two stations, because I can flip the dial if I don't like what I'm hearing and because it gives me different perspectives on the same stories.

Overall, Petro at 11-2 on 810 is my favorite show. I really dig the replay 610 does at 6 pm, as well.

ILChief
08-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I listen to 810 because 610 doesn't stream.

same here

dave0320
08-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Petro on 810 rocks. 610 with the likes of DA, "Monte Wall", and Rhonda are a joke.

bobbything
08-01-2005, 12:06 PM
I honestly can't stand Rhonda Moss. I wish they would can her. I was listening yesterday and she mentioned how she asked Freddie Mitchell if he felt he was "second fiddle" to Az Hakim because "that's who the Chiefs really wanted."

I thought, what a bitch. I know she fancies herself as a hard-nosed reporter that likes to ask the tough questions, but, that's just rude. It's not a "tough question," it's an insulting question that makes her look busch-league.

If they got rid of her, I'd probably listen more.

J Diddy
08-01-2005, 12:09 PM
I honestly can't stand Rhonda Moss. I wish they would can her. I was listening yesterday and she mentioned how she asked Freddie Mitchell if he felt he was "second fiddle" to Az Hakim because "that's who the Chiefs really wanted."

I thought, what a bitch. I know she fancies herself as a hard-nosed reporter that likes to ask the tough questions, but, that's just rude. It's not a "tough question," it's an insulting question that makes her look busch-league.

If they got rid of her, I'd probably listen more.

I've not heard her but I've seen the aftermath of her Ty Law thing....

From what I gather she's a t-baller playing in the pros.

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 12:13 PM
810 is the Royals/Racin/Golf radio station with occasional Chiefs talk.

610 defintley talks more Chiefs football

But the announcers/hosts all suck on both stations except for Petro.

dirk digler
08-01-2005, 12:13 PM
I listen to both but prefer to 610 if I really want Chiefs news whether it is BS or not. 810(KK) talks to much Royals, K-State, and golf outings for my liking.

The only guy I really like at either station is Petro.

Chief Henry
08-01-2005, 12:21 PM
810 for me, but thats because I can't get the other one clear enough.

I too find it very irritating to listen to ROYALS news
when they suck so bad and I want to hear about the Chiefs. Ever since they've become the Royals flagship station I've listened MUCH less to WHB because of all NON Chiefs Talk..... Wish I had other options.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM
If they got rid of her, I'd probably listen more.It wouldn't hurt, but with or without her, their 2 o'clock show is some of the worst sports talk I've ever heard. Stuck having to listen to the combination of that and Kietzman on 810 has turned the afternoon drive into a black hole of bad radio.

Reaper16
08-01-2005, 12:28 PM
610. I started listening to 610 when Whitlock and Maas did the 2:00 show, but I still listen to it with them gone. I wish the DA show was on earlier, that's funny stuff.

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 12:36 PM
That's an easy poll. Only one of them covers the Chiefs.

Saulbadguy
08-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Neither. I go to Chiefsplanet.com for all my chiefs coverage. Its a pretty cool website, you guys should check it out.

Its better coverage, no commercials, and better yet, no Rhonda Moss.

Mr. Laz
08-01-2005, 12:43 PM
810 does a much better job with sports news.

that said, they are also more irritating

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Neither. I go to Chiefsplanet.com for all my chiefs coverage. Its a pretty cool website, you guys should check it out.

Its better coverage, no commercials, and better yet, no Rhonda Moss.

Don't be so sure... :hmmm:

ZootedGranny
08-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Every time I tune into 810, I'm treated to personal stories about bullshit I don't care about. At least with 610, I hear some Chiefs.

dirk digler
08-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Don't be so sure... :hmmm:

Rhonda is chiefs4me isn't she?

nascher
08-01-2005, 12:49 PM
810 because of the inet stream for German listeners ;)

Saulbadguy
08-01-2005, 12:50 PM
810 does a much better job with sports news.

Of course. They have KK. He is great.

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 12:51 PM
Rhonda is chiefs4me isn't she?

ROFL

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Don't be so sure...I knew the secret would get out eventually, Rhonda. I never should've called you "Porker". Dead giveaway.

ChiefsFire
08-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Crunchtime is absolute crap.....

Rome is ok once in awhile

Petro def. has his shit together..

Grunny has good insight to the Chiefsworld..

so the winner is...810 Petro carries them

way2kalm
08-01-2005, 01:02 PM
I pretty much listen to 610 all day. I've been listing to 610 for about a year now, and I find it more interesting. Although when Whitlock left, the afternoon show took a huge nose dive and hasn't really recovered since. I can tolerate the afternoon show on occasion, but it's not the same. Even though it's not the same, I'd rather listen to that then hear Kevin Keitzman Whine, Bitch, and Moan too much about the Royals, racing, and golf. :deevee:

I really enjoy the other shows 610 has on during the during the day. I especially enjoy the Jim Rome show. I find myself more informed when I listen to a nationally syndicated show as opposed to listening to local radio all day long. The DA show is cool, but sometimes he can go a little off topic. And fthe best Football talk in town is on the Tim Grunhard show.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Don't think much of the Jim Rome show. He strikes me as a national version of what kevin kietzman does: it's more about his shtick and patting himself on the back about his "brilliance" than it is about sports.

way2kalm
08-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Don't think much of the Jim Rome show. He strikes me as a national version of what kevin kietzman does: it's more about his shtick and patting himself on the back about his "brilliance" than it is about sports.

You are right :thumb: . If you don't worship at the church of Jim Rome, you are but an insignificant roach under his overpriced dress shoes. I do think that he is a little full of himself at times, but he does offer a national perspective which is why I listen to his show. In most cases, if I need local sports updates between 11 AM - 2 PM, I just check chiefsplanet.com or kansascity.com.

GoTrav
08-01-2005, 01:50 PM
DA is good, but post 2PM 610 is trash since Whitlock left. I may be alone in saything this but, I'll miss Whitlock on the radio this football season.

I do a combo of Rome and Petro in the afternoon. I've been stuck listening to 810 on the drive home, which is ok, but they do talk about the Royals (give it up) and "Keitz-Rants" a bit more than my liking.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 01:59 PM
DA is good, but post 2PM 610 is trash since Whitlock left. I may be alone in saything this but, I'll miss Whitlock on the radio this football season. I will, too, but I'm not sure that's not a statement about how awful the show is now rather than anything about Quitlock.

Marty Wall has killed that show. For me at least. He's awful.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey, Kietzman's starting his show bitching about carl.

Why, I never...

dirk digler
08-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey, Kietzman's starting his show bitching about carl.

Why, I never...

I was listening to KK before I had to go back to work and his little bitch fess about CP makes me never want to listen to him again. Anything the Chiefs do or CP does is never good enough for him or Jack Harrybutt.

beavis
08-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Petro is about the only thing worth listening to anymore. Crunchtime is ok every once in a while. I get sick of Kietzman's sensationalism. The new guy on with Neil Jones sounds like he needs a rubber horn to honk when he makes those lame ass jokes.

But all I can listen to at work is 810 now, as they are the only that streams. If I had to vote for one, I'd vote for 810 just because of the Petro factor, but I'll abstain at this point.

KCFalcon59
08-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Neither. If I want Chiefs news I come here. I listen to both on occasion. Though I tend to get real sick when listening to all them idiots.

I hate KK.

I hate Moss.

The rest is blegh!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 03:04 PM
I listen to 610 more than 810. Better guests, more Chiefs football, less babling about golf and beer.

morphius
08-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Petro is the only one I can stomach anymore. It has been a long time since I have bothered to flip to the AM dial.

kc rush
08-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I give 810 the nod just because of Petro. The guy is always prepared, can be objective, but isn't afraid to give an opinion.

St. John and Fesco are pretty entertaining, so I tend to listen to them.

I will switch to DA occasionally, he is pretty good except he tries too hard to be entertaining and it backfires.

Crunch Time is ok, kind of boring.

I haven't listened to Grunhard for a while. He always seemed to be winging it, which is ok if you have a strong co-host to keep things on track. He doesn't.

Shiny turd or sloppy turd, either way they both stink. I will listen to KK a little more than the 610 guys but do a lot of flipping depending upon who is irritating me the least. A lot of times the CD changer wins.

Chiefsrocker
08-01-2005, 05:23 PM
I started listening to 810 the day Derrick Thomas died and was wanting some info and came across 810. Being in NE Kansas, the signal isnt the strongest in the world, but it does come in good enuff. It was good radio when Crunch Time first started, but have found that I dont listen to 810 so much anymore. To much Royals and not enuff Chiefs. Like KK for the K-state stuff, but way too much golf. Anyways, still have 810 programmed on the work truck button, but dont push it as often as I used to!

Bowser
08-01-2005, 05:49 PM
I bet The Lovely Jessica voted for 610.

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't know how anybody can stand DA. I'd almost rather listen to KK's golf stories as fart jokes...

Phobia
08-01-2005, 07:30 PM
For the first time in a LONG time I listened to KK this afternoon. Brutal. He's terrible. I can't believe I left it on all day. My apologies BringbackMarty. Feel free to change the station at our jobsites in the future.

redbrian
08-01-2005, 07:46 PM
I'll listen to 610 unless Rome or Rhonda is babling some inate bs, then I'll switch to 810, it thats bs (i.e. kk) I will switch to NPR, or put in a disk.

For the life of me I do not get the whole Rome shit, the guy really sucks big time, I would much prefer a local show during that time.

stevieray
08-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I've abandoned sports talk radio sans Grunny.

If they can't find something negative, they'll make it up. It's about the only thing they know how to do.

Zero credibility.

gblowfish
08-01-2005, 08:13 PM
WHB: Early Morning: Like Steven St. John. Down to earth, long suffering Tiger fan like me. Fescoe too ascerbic, plus he's a Jayhawk and Yankee fan, pretty much the Anti-Blowfish; if he was a Raiders fan he'd hit the trifecta.
Late Morning: (Crunch Time) Like and respect Boal and Stewart, they've been around the block and know which end is up. Love George Brett, but he's pretty much comic relief.
Petro: Think he's a hard worker, probably best prepared of any of the local talkers. Sometimes he shows his JoCo Kansas side bias, especially on the Stadium issues. Don't like "Stump the Chumps." Pete Enoch is a mean spirited, alcoholic collie molester.
Between the Lines: Keitzman is turning into Don "The Weasel" Fortune before our eyes. Has K-State bias big time, bullies callers, then pleads innocent. Likes to stir the sh*t for ratings. He has a very high opinion of himself. He'll pimp anything for a buck. He needs to get behind a desk and play Little Hitler as VP of station operations or some off-air BS job like that. He's a partial owner, so getting his ass off the air will be difficult. I do like Danny Clinkscale. He's smart, has a very good sense of humor. I've traded some e-mail with him, and although he's a Jayhawk, he's much better than Keitzman at squelching his bias. He also does a pretty good Chiefs post game show. KK also has Jack Harry on occasion, who is probably the most polarizing sports reporter in KC media. People either love him or hate him. Personally, I don't have anything against the guy. He's been one of the few TV reporters with the stones to stand up to King Carl over the years. I've done some work with Todd Leabo in the past. He's a home boy from my hometown. It's bizzare that he's a Sooner, but he's a straight shooter. What you hear is really how he is. And he was a stadium vendor a Kauffman, and you gotta respect a hard worker like that.
I love the Royals (I'm a masochist), and WHB does a much better job with them than KMBZ ever did. Fortune and Fitzmorris were company kiss up men, idiot optimists for years. At least WHB will challenge the Royals to own up to their failures.

KCSP: Entercom conglommo's attempt to unseat WHB for money, after KMBZ went all Limbaugh all the time.
Mornings: DA is pretty entertaining. Have nothing against his show.
Late Mornings: Tim Grunhard is the epitome of good old home boy. Not too smart, never prepared, says a lot of stupid numbskull stuff. But he's one of our numbskulls, and his opinions and insights on the Chiefs are usually right on.
Afternoon: Marty Wall and Neal Jones? Look, KK bugs me, but Entercom ought to be able to put up something a little stronger. I've worked with Marty Wall. He's a great guy. Really funny, smart, and he's home grown. But he's not anymore qualified to speak about sports as a journalist than say, Taco John or Go Chiefs -no offense guys...you'd both probably make a better afternoon team. Neal Jones is almost transparent, like acrylic. No personality, no charisma. And 61 has everbody's favorite ditch pig, Rhonda "Three Bills" Moss, queen of the Ty Law story and ruler of the breakfast buffet. Reporters shouldn't speculate or get burned by their so-called "sources." Especially over and over and over again. How much is too much?

KCSP has a bad signal at night too. WHB is a daytime radio blowtorch. You can hear it from Minnesota to Texas.

That's my humble opinion. Let the froth and bile fly!

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I hate Stump the Chumps. Listening to that hour makes it all but obvious why some people can't stand Petro, thinking he's an arrogant ass clown. The rest of the week, I love his show (especially now that he's talking less about the Royals), but that hour is an automatic off on my dial.

But they've always got contestants, the times I do happen to listen for a couple of minutes, so I'm apparently in the minority there...