PDA

View Full Version : D.J. misses flight

DTLB58
08-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Listening to WHB (yea, still) and they just said D.J. missed his flight.He was expected in Riverfalls at 1pm CST and now will be later than that. :banghead:

On a side note: They were reporting junior Siavii was getting totally dominated today by any lineman he went up against. Also Vermeil called him fat.

tk13
08-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Great. The season's over.

beer bacon
08-01-2005, 12:37 PM
I do believe after hearing this news that I am right back on the dooomedwagon.

ENDelt260
08-01-2005, 12:38 PM
I once overslept and missed a 1pm flight.

tk13
08-01-2005, 12:40 PM
I know. It's all Carl's fault too. If he'd signed DJ 30 minutes sooner, the entire timeline of DJ's life would've been pushed forward, allowing him to make the plane on time. He just had to do something to ruin our season. Just great.

Donger
08-01-2005, 12:40 PM
This was from KCI? That's one hard airport to miss a flight from.

Iowanian
08-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Nothing like being late for your first day of work.

The Vets should bust his baows for that.

Uatu
OMG!!!

siberian khatru
I hope this isn't a problem that continues during the season.

Brock
IMPLODE

beer bacon
08-01-2005, 12:43 PM
I hope this isn't a problem that continues during the season.

The two big knocks on him before the draft were that he was a bad tackler and that he missed flights.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 12:44 PM
There was a big line at the terminal, and he tried to go around it instead of attacking it head on.

Donger
08-01-2005, 12:45 PM
The two big knocks on him before the draft were that he was a bad tackler and that he missed flights.

Are you serious? He has a history of missing flights?

beer bacon
Are you serious? He has a history of missing flights?

Well he didn't drop to 15 for nothing.

siberian khatru

Yup, I remember the film ESPN had on draft day that showed him repeatedly running to airport gates just as the jetway was rolling away from the airplane. Merril Hoge kept busting his balls on that.

tk13
08-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Yup, I remember the film ESPN had on draft day that showed him repeatedly running to airport gates just as the jetway was rolling away from the airplane. Merril Hoge kept busting his balls on that.
That's Greg Robinson's fault. He always coached him to play 15 yards off the airplane.

penguinz
08-01-2005, 12:50 PM
It sure is a good thing that Scanlon is the only man in the world who has the ability to flap his arms fast enough that he can become airborne and fly like a bird if he were to ever miss a flight.

Donger
08-01-2005, 12:50 PM

Ah.

Well, perhaps the Chiefs could hire a really annoying person to harass him on the day of flights. I nominate chief4me.

siberian khatru
08-01-2005, 12:52 PM
It sure is a good thing that Scanlon is the only man in the world who has the ability to flap his arms fast enough that he can become airborne and fly like a bird if he were to ever miss a flight.

That, and the fact Rich has a rocket up his ass.

penguinz
Maybe they could hire you?

HemiEd
Great. The season's over.

ROFL KCTitus should be along shortly to confirm this.

Donger
Maybe they could hire you?

Me? I'm not annoying.

Bearcat
08-01-2005, 12:54 PM
That's Greg Robinson's fault. He always coached him to play 15 yards off the airplane.

Ha.

KCTitus
08-01-2005, 12:56 PM
ROFL KCTitus should be along shortly to confirm this.

There's still a chance to save the season, Carl just has to give Law 8M guaranteed money and we're back in business. Otherwise, Im afraid to say it, but this and this alone will be the sole reason why KC fails to win the SB.

HemiEd
08-01-2005, 12:57 PM
There's still a chance to save the season, Carl just has to give Law 8M guaranteed money and we're back in business. Otherwise, Im afraid to say it, but this and this alone will be the sole reason why KC fails to win the SB.

ROFL :clap:

Crush
08-01-2005, 01:00 PM
ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 01:01 PM
That, and the fact Rich has a rocket up his ass.

Which he could use to go pick up DJ, but that would be helping the competition. NOBODY rides Rich except for the Roys. Nobody.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 01:03 PM
That, and the fact Rich has a rocket up his ass.Since when did we start calling the roys "rocket"?

KCTitus
08-01-2005, 01:04 PM
...NOBODY rides Rich except for the Roys. Nobody.

I dont care who you are, that was funny right there!

jspchief
08-01-2005, 01:04 PM
If he can't even make his damn flight on time, they should cut his ass.

Iowanian
08-01-2005, 01:06 PM
The song looping in Dj's head must be John Denver.......

Ahm Leeeeeeeeeeavin, On a Jet Plane, Don't know when Ah'll be back again..........

Inspector
08-01-2005, 01:07 PM
I'll take off work and drive him up if need be.

go bowe
08-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Since when did we start calling the roys "rocket"?well, there's the big rocket, royc, and then there's the pocket rocket, royIII...

they've been scanrocket fans forever...

bkkcoh
08-01-2005, 01:09 PM
If he can't even make his damn flight on time, they should cut his ass.

I heard Scanlon paged him at the airport and that was the reason why DJ missed his flight.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Kietzman's turning this into a conspiracy theory to start his show.

He's missed it on purpose because of something Carl said. :rolleyes:

KCTitus
08-01-2005, 01:10 PM

Does he think it has to do with the drug ring that is being investigated by the FBI that will 'shake the foundations of the NFL'?

beer bacon
08-01-2005, 01:11 PM
I am listening to 810 AM and apparently DJ and Carl are having a private war, and that is why DJ missed the flight. Damnit Carl :cuss:

tk13
08-01-2005, 01:13 PM

ROFL ROFL That's great. "I'm mad at you so I'm going to miss my flight and act like a baby." Great idea.

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Does he think it has to do with the drug ring that is being investigated by the FBI that will 'shake the foundations of the NFL'?

I wonder if Kev still has that cell phone on his desk.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 01:14 PM

Kietzman is a tool. I can't stand listening to him.

beer bacon
08-01-2005, 01:15 PM
ROFL ROFL That's great. "I'm mad at you so I'm going to miss my flight and act like a baby." Great idea.

Kietzman is arguing that Carl insulted the honor of DJ's family and ancestors by saying DJ is behind since he missed seven practices.

KCTitus
08-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Kietzman is arguing that Carl insulted the honor of DJ's family and ancestors by saying DJ is behind since he missed seven practices.

LOL...no, come on, seriously what did Carl say?

Probably a good day to have Jack Harry call in...

ChiTown
08-01-2005, 01:20 PM

I think I heard him whisper the name Bam Morris...............

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
If any of you live in the KC area and watch channel 41 sports sometimes, you'll see that Jack Harry and Kietzman are the same person. Any time Harry talks about the Chiefs on 41, it's a big conspiracy or something. Last night he said that Shield's back is serious and so is Freddie Mitchell's injury. And back in April after the draft (which was a good one) Harry said that Thorpe was a bust and that Carl was pressured to draft him because WR was a big need and it ruined the draft. A complete moron.

Both those guys are idiots who shouldn't be on TV or radio.

beer bacon
08-01-2005, 01:21 PM
If any of you live in the KC area and watch channel 41 sports sometimes, you'll see that Jack Harry and Kietzman are the same person. Any time Harry talks about the Chiefs on 41, it's a big conspiracy or something. Last night he said that Shield's back is serious and so is Freddie Mitchell's injury. And back in April after the draft (which was a good one) Harry said that Thorpe was a bust and that Carl was pressured to draft him because WR was a big need and it ruined the draft. A complete moron.

Homer.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Homer.

ROFL

Did you see that draft segment back in April? It was hilarious. Harry couldn't stand that we actually had a good draft by the looks of it and he starts out the segment with, "Carl has done it again, folks. He drafted a reach." He didn't mention DJ until the last 10 seconds of the show.

KChiefs1
08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Sean Salisbury said this would happen.

beer bacon
08-01-2005, 01:27 PM
ROFL

Did you see that draft segment back in April? It was hilarious. Harry couldn't stand that we actually had a good draft by the looks of it and he starts out the segment with, "Carl has done it again, folks. He drafted a reach." He didn't mention DJ until the last 10 seconds of the show.

Whenever I see him on TV I immediately start pondering why he is dressed like a pimp. I then become befuddled by this unanswerable question and don't pay attention to the rest of the segment.

dirk digler
08-01-2005, 01:28 PM

Yep. I watched Harrybutt after the draft and I wanted to reach through the TV and choke his ass. The Chiefs had a very good draft so what does Harrybutt do, he starts bitching about Thorpe instead of all of the good things about the draft. I swear if I see him in River Falls this week I might get arrested.

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 01:29 PM

The funny thing is Jack Harry is completely different away from the camera. Seems pretty normal off camera - and a complete a$$ monkey in front of it.......

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Whenever I see him on TV I immediately start pondering why he is dressed like a pimp. I then become befuddled by this unanswerable question and don't pay attention to the rest of the segment.

ROFL

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Yep. I watched Harrybutt after the draft and I wanted to reach through the TV and choke his ass. The Chiefs had a very good draft so what does Harrybutt do, he starts bitching about Thorpe instead of all of the good things about the draft. I swear if I see him in River Falls this week I might get arrested.

You don't need to go through the effort.

The way he smokes, he'll be checking out in a few years anyway......

dirk digler
08-01-2005, 01:33 PM
You don't need to go through the effort.

The way he smokes, he'll be checking out in a few years anyway......

Thanks for the heads up. Throat cancer is worse than death a million times over.

Dartgod
08-01-2005, 01:34 PM
I once overslept and missed a 1pm flight.
That was probably in Vegas, so it doesn't count.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 01:35 PM
The funny thing is Jack Harry is completely different away from the camera. Seems pretty normal off camera - and a complete a$$ monkey in front of it.......

He has to act that way or Kietzman won't have him on his show.lol

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 01:35 PM
There was a big line at the terminal, and he tried to go around it instead of attacking it head on.

Funny chit man. Rep

KChiefs1
08-01-2005, 01:36 PM

I'm hoping Thorpe makes Harry eat those words. :cuss:

ct
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM

ROFL

ENDelt260
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
That was probably in Vegas, so it doesn't count.
Naw, it was in Phoenix.

I don't remember what happened the night before, but I'm assuming it was a blast.

BigRedChief
08-01-2005, 01:42 PM
This was from KCI? That's one hard airport to miss a flight from.

He was in Austin. Probably flying out of Dallas Ft. Worth. One of the biggest airports in the world and was recently redone also.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 01:47 PM

ROFL

I remember that. When he was done ranted about that he then took some calls on the subject, I can't remember the callers name but he headed into it, he said "yes, (can't remember name) what are your thoughts on this?" The caller, without no hesitation, goes, "I think you're an idiot." It was hilarious. You even heard Kietzman's radio buddies laughing in the backround. Kietzman was like, "that's not professional, blah blah." Well, neither was his made up story.

I wish I could find it on the internet, it was classic. I know it was just 5 words, but the timing was great.

Saulbadguy
08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm dissapointed to hear that Junior is in the dog house. I think our depth at DT sucks, possibly the worst unit on our defense.

jiveturkey
08-01-2005, 02:18 PM
610 must have no idea that this is going on because they have yet to mention it.

ptlyon
08-01-2005, 02:22 PM
610 must have no idea that this is going on because they have yet to mention it.

it wasn't on benmaller.com, that's why

Logical
08-01-2005, 02:30 PM

On a side note: They were reporting junior Siavii was getting totally dominated today by any lineman he went up against. Also Vermeil called him fat.

This is no suprise, his lack of lower body strength has long been a concern I have talked about.

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 02:40 PM
This is no suprise, his lack of lower body strength has long been a concern I have talked about.

FWIW, KK took that comment completely out of context.

Vermiel mentioned that Siavii needed to drop a few pounds, but that he was looking better. It wasn't "angry" in any way.

It was simply a softball for Keitzman to get malicious with. That's all - nothing more, nothing less.

HolmeZz
08-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Stuff like this shouldn't even get reported. It's not news.

beer bacon
08-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Now the 810 AM guys are arguing amongst themselves about if DJ missed the flight on purpose or not. I can't tell any of their voices apart, but I am pretty sure Keitzman is the one being a dumbass.

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Fescoe and KK are going at it right now on the air.

Fescoe pretty much called KK an idiot for his DJ "conspiracy theory". KK retorted and it turned into a nice little middle school cat fight.

What a bunch of dorks.......

tk13
08-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Stuff like this shouldn't even get reported. It's not news.
It is now. These radio stations are at war with each other, they've been national enquiring it up all offseason... from finding out Samari Rolle's wife was looking at houses to checking plane schedules, it's a lot more "reality radio" it seems like, just with football players. I don't think it's ever really been like that before. Fans eat it up though.

HemiEd
08-01-2005, 02:58 PM

Vermiel mentioned that Siavii needed to drop a few pounds, but that he was looking better. It wasn't "angry" in any way.

It was simply a softball for Keitzman to get malicious with. That's all - nothing more, nothing less.

That is good news, very good news.

jiveturkey
08-01-2005, 03:27 PM
610 is saying that he's there and will practice tomorrow. :hmmm:

TRR
08-01-2005, 03:29 PM
In DV's interview, he said that DJ wouldn't practice today or tonight anyways, because the training staff will have a look at him, and see where he is physically. Not that big of a deal.

He'll practice tomorrow.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 03:31 PM
It just amazes me that Kietzman does shit like this. And that people listen to him.

I don't mean "listen to him" as in "listen to his show", but rather, "listen to him" as in "believe anything he says".

It's amazing that his ratings are what they are. Probably a sign of how bad the alternative is.

KC Kings
08-01-2005, 03:37 PM
I can listen to SSJ in the mornings on 810, but everybody else sucks. DA has gotten old and rants about the same petty topic all morning. This morning it was 30 minutes of "turd bird", and no place in the rant did he come close to saying something intersting or humerous.

KK has always been an ass. When I think of the stereotypical Leawood putz that has absolutely no skills except for being rich, I think of KK.

I never used to like Petro in the afternoons, but everybody seems to like him during the day now. I can't listen during the day so I wouldn't know if he is any better.

Neal Jones is kind of dull, but I can tolerate to listen to him as long as Marty doesn't start talking. I love sports, but I know nothing about them. I couldn't name all of the teams we beat last year or tell the scores of any games. Marty is dumber than I am. I don't want to listen to pro sports talk people who have less sports knowledge than I do.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Neal Jones is kind of dull, but I can tolerate to listen to him as long as Marty doesn't start talking. I love sports, but I know nothing about them. I couldn't name all of the teams we beat last year or tell the scores of any games. Marty is dumber than I am. I don't want to listen to pro sports talk people who have less sports knowledge than I do.You put that pretty much perfectly, I'd say.

beavis
08-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I can't tell any of their voices apart, but I am pretty sure Keitzman is the one being the dumbass.
That's a pretty safe bet.

NaptownChief
08-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I'm dissapointed to hear that Junior is in the dog house. I think our depth at DT sucks, possibly the worst unit on our defense.

Which is simply amazing considering all the high draft picks the team has spent on the position over the past several years.

beavis
08-01-2005, 03:49 PM

I just kinda roll my eyes at most of the crap he says anymore. It's so blantantly obvious that he hates everyone associated with the Chiefs that anything he says about them is pretty much a joke.

jiveturkey
08-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Which is simply amazing considering all the high draft picks the team has spent on the position over the past several years.You miss the road grader, don't you? :)

NaptownChief
08-01-2005, 03:57 PM
You miss the road grader, don't you? :)

Yep....just isn't the same without him in there wreaking havoc. :D

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
I can listen to SSJ in the mornings on 810, but everybody else sucks. DA has gotten old and rants about the same petty topic all morning. This morning it was 30 minutes of "turd bird", and no place in the rant did he come close to saying something intersting or humerous.

KK has always been an ass. When I think of the stereotypical Leawood putz that has absolutely no skills except for being rich, I think of KK.

I never used to like Petro in the afternoons, but everybody seems to like him during the day now. I can't listen during the day so I wouldn't know if he is any better.

Neal Jones is kind of dull, but I can tolerate to listen to him as long as Marty doesn't start talking. I love sports, but I know nothing about them. I couldn't name all of the teams we beat last year or tell the scores of any games. Marty is dumber than I am. I don't want to listen to pro sports talk people who have less sports knowledge than I do.

The thing that kills me about Wall is that he justifies his ignorance as just being a "fan" and not a "member of the media".

Its nice that he can pretend to be a "fan" as a cover for being lazy and relatively un-informed.

Taco John
08-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Once again, the Chiefs struggle to get their top draft pick to camp on time...

KC Jones
08-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Junior Siavii has always been a long shot. I never understood why so many read the stories about all of his previous troubles and assumed he'd somehow decide to really commit himself to football and become a super star. Odds are insanely good that this kid is going to coast on his natural talent to get what $$ he can from the NFL and then dissapear.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love for him to develop into a great DT, but his history and the amount of work he has to do to get there all point to other outcomes.

Poster Nutbag
08-01-2005, 06:13 PM

Dude, 4 days late is NOT a struggle. Its about the norm.

The Bad Guy
08-01-2005, 06:19 PM

Yeah, because they were the only ones without their first rounder there.

Eat a dick.

htismaqe
08-01-2005, 06:28 PM

Eat a dick.

Come on Frank. Take it easy on him, it's all he has to cling to.

He knows that Derrick Johnson is on his way, and Jake Plummer is still their QB.

mlyonsd
08-01-2005, 06:34 PM

Actually I found that rather witty for a Bronco fan.

I'll bet DJ's teammates will put enough chit on him to where he never misses another plane.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Funniest thing yet: I could swear I heard DJ mention in his interview maybe a half hour ago that his flight was delayed, but I didn't hear anything about him missing a flight.

Either way, I wish all of Kietzman's bullshit conspiracies died this fast.

KevB
08-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Funniest thing yet: I could swear I heard DJ mention in his interview maybe a half hour ago that his flight was delayed, but I didn't hear anything about him missing a flight.

Have we arrested half the NFL for the sale of illegal drugs and auto theft yet, with Vanover serving as the kingpin? :evil:

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 07:10 PM

Funny..sometimes I just wish Kietzman would die.......

TRR
08-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Here ya go KK....Suck on that...

Extra, Extra…Read All About It!

Derrick Johnson arrived at practice today dressed for shells practice while the balance of the team was suited up for pads. He did not work out with the team, but performed some agility drills on the sidelines after practice. When asked why it took so long to get him here, Johnson was unsure but said "my agents did a really good job."

As a rookie, he expects to catch a little grief from his teammates, but knows "it's all in fun." Even though he is four days late, Johnson believes that his preseason workouts will give him a definite edge. He was interrogated about his role as a starter this year and replied, "I'm just hoping to play a lot. I don't know about starting lineup, but also knowing that I'm here for a reason." Johnson is ready to put the signing hoopla behind him and is prepared to work. He is excited to be back with his team mates and understanding the system.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 07:42 PM
I watched 41 sports tonight and Harry did the same ole crap. He said DJ showed up for camp today after missing his flight but Carl, being the ego maniac he is, wouldn't let him talk to reporters, instead, Carl wanted all the attention to him so he could talk about training camp being up in River Falls for at least another year. This guy is a moron, I don't know how he got a job! Anyway, not even a minute later I turn the channel and guess who was talking to the media right then and will be showed tonight on the sports? DJ. I really don't know how these guys got their jobs. As a sports communications major, false reporting or just making up something in the moment, is a big no-no. And these guys do it. Oh well.

Anyway, DV was on the radio on my way home and caught the last part of it and the Q&A should be posted later on. One of the things I caught was that Fredex needs surgery on the knee, and is going to Atlanta to get a second opinion.

penchief
08-01-2005, 07:43 PM

Eat a dick.

I think he was just being lightheartedly humorous.

keg in kc
08-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I watched 41 sports tonight and Harry did the same ole crap. He said DJ showed up for camp today after missing his flight but Carl, being the ego maniac he is, wouldn't let him talk to reporters, instead, Carl wanted all the attention to him so he could talk about training camp being up in River Falls for at least another year. This guy is a moron, I don't know how he got a job! Anyway, not even a minute later I turn the channel and guess who was talking to the media right then and will be showed tonight on the sports? DJ. I really don't know how these guys got their jobs. As a sports communications major, false reporting or just making up something in the moment, is a big no-no. And these guys do it. Oh well.Maybe the Chiefs wouldn't let DJ talk to channel 41. The way Harry goes off on them, it wouldn't surprise me. It's funny sometimes when you listen to him and Kietzman complain about the way the Chiefs treat the media. I don't think they understand the meaning of the word "karma".

Chiefs Pantalones
08-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Maybe the Chiefs wouldn't let DJ talk to channel 41. The way Harry goes off on them, it wouldn't surprise me. It's funny sometimes when you listen to him and Kietzman complain about the way the Chiefs treat the media. I don't think they understand the meaning of the word "karma".

Exactly.

dirk digler
08-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Maybe the Chiefs wouldn't let DJ talk to channel 41. The way Harry goes off on them, it wouldn't surprise me. It's funny sometimes when you listen to him and Kietzman complain about the way the Chiefs treat the media. I don't think they understand the meaning of the word "karma".

Yep that is totally what is happening. KK stated on his show today that Davey B (KK producer who KK and Twitlock fought over) tried to get a interview with CP but CP told them no because KK is being a jerk to the Chiefs.

Also CP did the same for Channel 41 because of Jack Harry. CP told 41 no more interviews or access until Harry straightens up or something like that.