PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law looking for news on him.

bogie
08-01-2005, 02:48 PM
It seems odd that he's gone from the talk of the town to non-existant. Sorry to bring up again, but I'm genuenly curious. What's going on with him. I went to Detroit's websight and they don't mention anything about him that I could find. Is he going to Detroit? Is there still a chance he could be a Chief? None of the sports shows seem to care anymore. Has he dug himself a big hole?

Annihilus
08-01-2005, 02:54 PM
It seems odd that he's gone from the talk of the town to non-existant. Sorry to bring up again, but I'm genuenly curious. What's going on with him. I went to Detroit's websight and they don't mention anything about him that I could find. Is he going to Detroit? Is there still a chance he could be a Chief? None of the sports shows seem to care anymore. Has he dug himself a big hole?
Annihilus will tell you what happened to him: He's demanding a Three Year Guaranteed Contract (http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11889) from the team that signs him.

That's bloody likely.

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 02:57 PM

:bang: Law

siberian khatru
08-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Newsday reported Sunday that the Jets were negotiating with Law.

HemiEd
08-01-2005, 03:10 PM
We don't need him anymore, we have Ambrose and Washington.

John_Wayne
08-01-2005, 03:12 PM
We don't need him anymore, we have Ambrose :deevee:nd Washington :Lin:

bogie
08-01-2005, 03:28 PM
It just seems that he's not only dropped off our radar, he's dropped off of everyones radar. Maybe he'll re-think what he's asking. From what I've read, I think it would be extremely beneficial for us to have him. This all I could find on the Jets websight: The rumors continue to swirl about the*eventual destination of free agent CB Ty Law.* Hempstead*has been*mentioned as a possible landing spot for Law and nobody within the organization doubts Law’s skills.
“He’s a Pro Bowler. He’s probably got a chance to be a Hall of Fame player when it’s all said and done,” said Henderson.* “The impact for us is would be more experience at one position, and now you can play a little bit more man and be a little bit more aggressive.* You say, ‘hey that’s your man and that’s what he likes to do.’ He is going to take away his guy, so it gives you a lot more experience and now your defense can get after it a little bit more too.

tomahawk kid
08-01-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't know that I buy the notion that the Jets are negotiating w/ him.

I've also seen reports that the Jets didn't even have a workout scheduled. Also, where's the "forthcoming" contract offer from Detriot?

I say BS. I don't think Law's coming to KC, but it sure doesn't seem like he's going anywhere else anytime soon either.

Bowser
08-01-2005, 05:07 PM
You should send a PM to Gaz asking about Ty Law. He duplicates everything he sees to paper in hopes of proving everyone wrong about Law not coming to KC. I think.

bogie
08-01-2005, 05:12 PM
I know people are tired of Ty Law blah, blah, blah. But I really find it odd that he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. This has to make him take pause about what he's asking which should benefit the teams that are trying to negotiate with him. Couldn't we still possibly get him at a veterans minimum with some future incentives? I'm just a noob questioning and still hoping.

the Talking Can
08-01-2005, 05:43 PM
He has NO leverage.

And each day of camp his $$$ decreases. He's screwed.

Thig Lyfe
08-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Ty who? Derrick Johnson missed his flight!!!!

Mr. Laz
08-01-2005, 05:48 PM
We don't need him anymore, we have Ambrose and Washington.
ya, like that's any kind of talent comparison

bogie
08-01-2005, 05:51 PM
He has NO leverage.

And each day of camp his $$$ decreases. He's screwed.

That's what I'm trying say. This has been a great off season, signing Law would be icing on the cake.

Thig Lyfe
08-01-2005, 05:52 PM
ya, like that's any kind of talent comparison

Maybe if you duct tape them together.

bogie
08-01-2005, 05:54 PM
This off season has been so good that I already feel it was a success. But, until someone confirms that Law has signed somewhere, I'm not going to give up hope that we can get him. If we don't, so be it. If we do, HOLY COW!!

the Talking Can
08-01-2005, 06:07 PM
That's what I'm trying say. This has been a great off season, signing Law would be icing on the cake.

Nothing will happen until he gets control of his ego. He still thinks he's going to get a $12 mill signing bonus.

bogie
08-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Waiting this long, he either has big balls, or a small brain. There must be a big concern about his health, or someone would have offered him something that he can live with by now.