PDA

View Full Version : The triumph of the bowls.

Rain Man
08-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Yay! They're alive! They'rrrrrre aliiiiiiiiive!

Some of you who don't have real lives may recall that two of my glass cereal bowls wedged themselves together last week, and I couldn't get them apart. I tried everything, up to and including getting advice from chiefsplanet, and nothing worked. They had nested in such a way that they couldn't be freed from each other, and were doomed to spend the rest of their days in an unholy union...or have one sacrificed to save the other one, just like Cain and Abel for those of you who don't know your Bible stories.

While we were pondering our next steps, we left the bowls sitting in our kitchen sink. A couple of days ago, I looked at them again, and noticed something - after sitting in the sink for a week, some water had managed to get through the erstwhile seal between them and had found its way into the bottom bowl. This was no small feat, since the seal was so tight that I could turn the bowls upside down and the water wouldn't leak out.

Utilizing my vast knowledge of science, physics, plate tectonics, and molecular structures, I instantly recognized my opportunity. I took the bowls and stuck them in the freezer.

Voila! The water expanded as it froze, and it pushed the top bowl free using nothing more than ordinary water as the driving force, just like those carburetors that the automobile industry buys and withholds from the public.

I'd like to thank all of you who supported me during this time of trial and tribulation.

4th and Long
08-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Good for you Kev and your bowls too. You're a scientific genius. :thumb:

By the way, I had to read the thread title twice. The first time I read it, I could have sworn it said, "The triumph of the bowels." I thought maybe you had finally caved in to the masses and started a poop thread.

cdcox
08-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I missed this one...

I have a life! PBJ I have a life! PBJ