PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Knight...God, I love this guy!

InChiefsHell
08-01-2005, 11:04 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/08/01/qa_s_sammy_knight2/

Some tasty exerpts:

Q: When fans just want the defense to be middle of the pack how does that make you feel?

KNIGHT: “When I hear that it, it makes me sick to my stomach. It really does. It makes me want to throw up. These guys are out here busting their ass all day and we expect to be the top defense in the league. That is what we shoot for. Just like the offense is expected to be the top offense in the league, we expect to be the top defense. Anything less is uncivilized. I just laugh at. If that is where they want to slot us that is fine. If that is where they want us to go that is fine. If people put limitations on you, you will be limited. We set our expectations to the highest level. We want to be the best. We may not be the best in the beginning, but when the end of December comes around we want to be the best.”

Q: Would it be easier to practice against an offense that is more base than this one?

KNIGHT: “I am sure it would be easy to do that. But it would be easy to be at home right now at my pool with my feet in the pool. To tell you the truth it is a double edge sword. You say defensively you sometimes get frustrated, but ultimately it makes you better. It makes them better.”

Q: What is it like to play for defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham?

KNIGHT: “You would not even want me to say that in the paper. Gun is a no-nonsense guy. The bottom line is that Gun wants to win. He is a winner. That is the bottom line. He is a winner.”

Man, how badly have we needed this guy??

Logical
08-01-2005, 11:24 PM
KNIGHT: “When I hear that it, it makes me sick to my stomach. It really does. It makes me want to throw up. These guys are out here busting their ass all day and we expect to be the top defense in the league. That is what we shoot for. Just like the offense is expected to be the top offense in the league, we expect to be the top defense. Anything less is uncivilized. I just laugh at. If that is where they want to slot us that is fine. If that is where they want us to go that is fine. If people put limitations on you, you will be limited. We set our expectations to the highest level. We want to be the best. We may not be the best in the beginning, but when the end of December comes around we want to be the best.”

I like hearing this, in fact I pray his desire comes to pass. However, it is a much more reasonable hope our offense can stay at the top than to expect our defense to reach there from the depths of hell it has been in for the last three seasons.

Logical
08-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Comment on Gun sort of says to me:

Heh he is a winner, so I can live with the bastard. I think it is funny that his statement probably left a worse thought than had he said what he actually meant.

InChiefsHell
08-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Comment on Gun sort of says to me:

Heh he is a winner, so I can live with the bastard. I think it is funny that his statement probably left a worse thought than had he said what he actually meant.

What I got was, Gun is a mean muthavucka but he's a winner and that's good enough for me. But you are right. I just like Knight's candor. Especially regarding the team leader. Hell yes, he knows he's a big leader on this team, but he says that they all lead each other and gives examples...seems like just the type of attitude that this Defense needs.

Regarding the Defense being number 1 in December, I liked what he said because it wasn't some defeatist, "well, we are working on it but we have a long way to go, hopefully we'll crack the top 20 or so this season then next year we'll be better, blah blah blah..." He's like, oh yeah, we want to and plan to be number one, and that will happen sooner than later. He just has a winners attitude. We definately have not had that on this Defense since Donnie Edwards...

Kerberos
08-02-2005, 06:20 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120641

InChiefsHell
08-02-2005, 07:57 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120641

Oops...dammit...oh well...

Kerberos
08-02-2005, 09:38 AM
Oops...dammit...oh well...

NOT that the thread title on that one had any way of letting you know!

;)

Sh!t I make threads all the time with one just like it two down on thread list!

:doh!:

:homer:

:D

whoman69
08-02-2005, 03:29 PM
I've heard all sorts of players talk a good game. I want Sammy to bring it on the field.

alpha_omega
08-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Sammy!

milkman
08-02-2005, 06:49 PM
I've heard all sorts of players talk a good game. I want Sammy to bring it on the field.

Sammy has already proven he brings on the field, that isn't even a question.

What I want is for his attitude to infect the rest of the D, guys like Mitchell, Sims, Siavii.

Then I want them to bring it on the field.

InChiefsHell
08-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Sammy has already proven he brings on the field, that isn't even a question.

What I want is for his attitude to infect the rest of the D, guys like Mitchell, Sims, Siavii.

Then I want them to bring it on the field.

Ding ding ding!! Amen and REP brutha!!

Dunit35
08-03-2005, 12:41 AM
my bro and I got his and Wesleys autos at that practice...our first personal autographs anyways..he was ripped big time.. my bro got a pic with Surtain and didnt have a sharpie to get his autograph..man was he mad...Im trying to buy him an autographed 8x10 photo of him for his wedding present...havent seen one yet.