PDA

View Full Version : The Dukes of Hazzard

Fried Meat Ball!
08-02-2005, 07:19 AM
OK... I'm seeing this tonight... and in a weird, embarassing sort of way, I want to see it. It looks like it could be fun. And in any case, it'll have Jessica Simpson's funbags on full display.

Lonewolf Ed
08-02-2005, 07:30 AM
OK... I'm seeing this tonight... and in a weird, embarassing sort of way, I want to see it. It looks like it could be fun. And in any case, it'll have Jessica Simpson's funbags on full display.

Two very valid reasons to see the film, indeed. And there is something of an ironic twist... Lynda Carter is in the film, too, and I always wanted to see Catherine Bach in the Wonder Woman costume. I'll never forget Lynda chasing a car in slow motion, not that I'd ever forget Daisy and her dukes either.

MichaelH
08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Jessica Simpson is wonderful to look at as long as she doesn't talk. Hearing her do a fake southern accent almost negates seeing her in short shorts and bikinis. I think I'll wait until it comes out in PPV or DVD.

MOhillbilly
08-02-2005, 07:49 AM
it looks like its gonna suck:mad: hot ass or not,the preview looks like a mtv video.

Radar Chief
08-02-2005, 08:01 AM
A little off topic but, when I was in High School the “Dukes of Hazard” came on Fridays at 7:00 PM. Monday when everyone was brag’n ‘bout the beer they drank and the poon they chased that weekend the insult was to look at someone and say, “So what did you do Friday, watch Dukes of Hazard?” ROFL

Fried Meat Ball!
08-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Well, not only am I getting into the theater for free, I'm getting paid to see it.

Donger
08-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Hearing her do a fake southern accent

Isn't she from Texas? Not exactly southern, but it's not like she's from Jersey.

Radar Chief
08-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Isn't she from Texas? Not exactly southern, but it's not like she's from Jersey.

DAMN YANKEE!!! :cuss:

MichaelH
08-02-2005, 09:17 AM

I don't know where she's from but her accent in the Dukes movie is just a tad too overdone for me. Hearing her talk is bad enough normally but it's awful with her mouth full of marbles.

Donger
08-02-2005, 09:21 AM
DAMN YANKEE!!! :cuss:

Heh. I've reached the conclusion that you are in a 'southern' state if women (hotel clerks, waitresses, etc.) call you 'honey' or 'sugar' or 'darlin.' I remember telling my wife how strange it was when I started traveling in 'the south' but she just laughed.

Donger
08-02-2005, 09:23 AM
I don't know where she's from but her accent in the Dukes movie is just a tad too overdone for me. Hearing her talk is bad enough normally but it's awful with her mouth full of marbles.

It's that 160 IQ of hers. She's actually speaking 14 different languages at the same time, but we're just too stupid to understand them all; hence she comes off like an idiot.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailynews/extra/0704/07_07b.html

Fried Meat Ball!
08-02-2005, 09:28 AM
You can razz me all you want, but I've said for quite some time that Jessica is actually pretty damn smart. You can occasionally catch an interview where she's not playing the ditz and she comes off as very sharp. Now, she does have some genuine blond moments, but all-in-all she's a pretty smart girl.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Now 160 IQ and borderline genius? I don't buy that.

Donger
08-02-2005, 09:30 AM
You can razz me all you want, but I've said for quite some time that Jessica is actually pretty damn smart. You can occasionally catch an interview where she's not playing the ditz and she comes off as very sharp. Now, she does have some genuine blond moments, but all-in-all she's a pretty smart girl.

I've always said that as well, partly because I'd like to believe in God and partly because of her eyes.

MichaelH
08-02-2005, 09:53 AM
160 I.Q. or not, she looks the best with her ankles behind her ears and her yapper shut. :)

Demonpenz
08-02-2005, 09:55 AM
I think maybe she acts so dumb a smart blonde girl doesn't get ratings

Radar Chief
08-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Heh. I've reached the conclusion that you are in a 'southern' state if women (hotel clerks, waitresses, etc.) call you 'honey' or 'sugar' or 'darlin.' I remember telling my wife how strange it was when I started traveling in 'the south' but she just laughed.

Hearing “yuns” or “yall” is pretty tell’n also. ;)

Ninjaman
08-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Jessica Simpson is no blonde.

She is southern. She doesn't need an accent.

Movie will suck because jackass-ville is in it.

Deberg_1990
08-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Id like to see this movie as well. It sort of looks like an homage to the 1970's redneck/car chase films i used to love as a kid. Heck, even Burt Reynolds plays Boss Hogg. Brilliant casting there.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Actually, if memory serves, Jessica is a blonde (or she was dying her hair at the age of 5). Ashley is also a blonde, but dyes it black so she's not confused with Jessica.

Radar Chief
08-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Id like to see this movie as well. It sort of looks like an homage to the 1970's redneck/car chase films i used to love as a kid. Heck, even Burt Reynolds plays Boss Hogg. Brilliant casting there.

As long as it has a couple of cool car chase scenes and some explosions, I’ll watch it when it comes out on DVD no matter how badly the acting is butchered.

Baby Lee
08-02-2005, 12:42 PM
The thing that makes me most hopeful for the funny in this movie is the 'broken lizard' connection.

"Sorry Boss, when them Duke boys get that syrup in them, they get all antsy in their pantsy."

whoman69
08-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Sorry, but I think I'll pass unless she's going full frontal nudity.

eff the donkeys
08-02-2005, 04:14 PM
simpson booty + willie nelson + car chases + A/C = they get my 10 bucks.

Baby Lee
08-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Sorry, but I think I'll pass unless she's going full frontal nudity.
Well, apparently Cooter and Jessica's cooter declined an appearance.

ROFL

Frazod
08-02-2005, 05:50 PM
I'd sooner drink bleach than waste my time and money on this shit.

Like the original show wasn't lame enough. :Lin:

keg in kc
08-02-2005, 05:58 PM
This is one of those movies that I might catch by accident if it's on HBO and I'm really, really drunk.

And Jessica Simpson does nothing for me. I like smart. I like well built. But blonde and annoying just kills it.

Baby Lee
08-02-2005, 06:02 PM
This is one of those movies that I might catch by accident if it's on HBO and I'm really, really drunk.

And Jessica Simpson does nothing for me. I like smart. I like well built. But blonde and annoying just kills it.
I dunno, from what I've seen on the show, she'd got that endearing brand of annoying. The kind that makes a hotty human, as opposed to coming across like a gawdawful gash. The kind where you say "C'mon Jess, that's retarded," and she quivers her lower lip, gives you the doe eyes, and suddenly the two of you are looking for the nearest discreet place to effect a boner juice transfer.

keg in kc
08-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I dunno, from what I've seen on the show, she'd got that endearing brand of annoying. The kind that makes a hotty human, as opposed to coming across like a gawdawful gash. The kind where you say "C'mon Jess, that's retarded," and she quivers her lower lip, gives you the doe eyes, and suddenly the two of you are looking for the nearest discreet place to effect a boner juice transfer."C'mon, Jess, that's retarded"?

Who the f*ck do you think I am? "C'mon, Jess, that's retarded"?!?

Is that what you really think I'd say?!?!

How about, "Jesus f*cking Christ, Jess, that's the dumbest f*cking thing I've heard since the last time you opened your f*cking mouth, douche-for-brains. I mean, f*ck, I feel stupider by osmosis when you're around. You're like a f*cking insult to dumb blondes the world over.

*brief pause*

Hey, honey, can I borrow a few bucks?"

That's more like it.

And I think she'd totally rub me the wrong way. Not to mention I doubt she'd dig me all that much either. Being Mr. Fun, as I am.

Baby Lee
08-02-2005, 06:11 PM
"C'mon, Jess, that's retarded"?

Who the f*ck do you think I am? "C'mon, Jess, that's retarded"?!?

Is that what you really think I'd say?!?!

How about, "Jesus f*cking Christ, Jess, that's the dumbest f*cking thing I've heard since the last time you opened your f*cking mouth, douche-for-brains. I mean, f*ck, I feel stupider by osmosis when you're around. You're like a f*cking insult to dumb blondes the world over.

*brief pause*

Hey, honey, can I borrow a few bucks?"

That's more like it.

And I think she'd totally rub me the wrong way. Not to mention I doubt she'd dig me all that much either. Being Mr. Fun, as I am.

Heyevreeboddee, lookit Keg, impervious to poontang. DC will be calling soon. ROFL

keg in kc
08-02-2005, 06:14 PM
I have to admit, the fact that she makes more in a second than I'll make in my life would probably make it...bearable.

And, yeah, I'm pretty impervious to poontang. But that sure as f*ck doesn't mean I get weak-kneed for mangina.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Well... it was what I expected. A long car chase with good lookin' women, some enjoyable comedy, and good action... it's nothing more, nothing less than what it's supposed to be. So, if you kinda want to see it from the previews, it's enjoyable. It's a fun night out... check your brain and enjoy the show. You might revisit a couple of lines after the show, but you won't be discussing themes and underlying meanings on the drive back home.

Rausch
08-02-2005, 11:15 PM
I dunno, from what I've seen on the show, she'd got that endearing brand of annoying. The kind that makes a hotty human, as opposed to coming across like a gawdawful gash. The kind where you say "C'mon Jess, that's retarded," and she quivers her lower lip, gives you the doe eyes, and suddenly the two of you are looking for the nearest discreet place to effect a boner juice transfer.

The kind of stupid that makes physicists want to study what's inside her head in hopes of discovering zero point energy...

ChiefsCountry
08-02-2005, 11:35 PM
A little off topic but, when I was in High School the “Dukes of Hazard” came on Fridays at 7:00 PM. Monday when everyone was brag’n ‘bout the beer they drank and the poon they chased that weekend the insult was to look at someone and say, “So what did you do Friday, watch Dukes of Hazard?” ROFL

Wasn't Friday Night CBS big night back in the 80'?. I can't remember what was the other two big shows on that night with Dukes.