PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Garage Sales!!!!!!

TheFly
09-02-2000, 10:03 AM
We live in a narrow cul-de-sac of six houses. It is only wide enough to let one care in or out at a time.

One of my neighbors decides to have a garage sale. They don't tell any of us. I work a lot of nights. Come 6:30am and cars start pulling up and parking, blocking garages and all crammed in... Never mind that there's a city ordinance posted that the cul-de-sac, because it's so narrow, has no parking.

The noise and chatter woke me up and I'm mad. I also don't like it when folks block my garage. Pickups, cars, bicycles and lots of noise. It's now 8am. I am so pissed. Had about 3 hours sleep.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

KCWolfman
09-03-2000, 08:59 AM
George - Gee that's too bad.... Did your neighbor have any deals on old ugly lamps or books with the covers missing.... LOL

Seriously, I know what you mean. I haved lived on a cul-de-sac all my life until this last year. I loved the privacy, but hated intrusions as you have mentioned.

I now live off of a minor highway in Liberty, Mo. What is a real bummer for me now is attempting to sleep as cars drive by. I didn't sleep a full night through in the new house for 3 or 4 months.