PDA

View Full Version : Clarett Not Giving 100%

vailpass
08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
This is a blurb from Denver training camp notes. The only thing I like less than a guy not hustling is a coach making exscuses for him. I hope for the best but am prepared for the worst with Clarett.
Mo needs more

Everybody knows it has been more than two years since running back Maurice Clarett played in a game. What has become evident early in camp is it also has been a long time since Clarett remembered how to practice.

One reason Clarett is No. 5 on the tailback depth chart may be because the other four bring considerably more energy to the workouts. On every drill, the Broncos have their running backs get up after the play and continue running toward the end zone.

Mike Anderson, the veteran who is No. 1 on the depth chart, always finishes off his runs near top speed. Clarett ends his plays at a noticeably slower pace.

"The speed is so different at the pro level compared to what he's used to," coach Mike Shanahan said. "It takes some time."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2906692

shakesthecat
08-02-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm shocked

htismaqe
08-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Normally I would be inclined to laugh, point fingers, and make Donkey jokes.

But in this case, I find it hard not to feel sorry for you. Clarett is a 1st-class asshole...just another spoiled athlete.

KCTitus
08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
This type of anti Broncos stuff isnt permitted here...

Where's Teej?

Frazod
This is bad news. Clarett needs to make the team.

Then he can totally suck when it actually matters. :D

SNR
Lies! All lies! He's a quality draft pick! He will be the next Terrell Davis!!!

trndobrd
08-02-2005, 12:01 PM
Maybe he is giving 100%.....but he's just slower than the rest

Braincase
"To Clarett's credit, however, he successfully outran the Rascals and Powered Wheelchairs employed by the former Browns' defensive linemen"

ct
You'd think with the contract he just signed, guy would be bustin a$$ to earn some PT. That's the only way he's gonna get paid.

Rain Man
08-02-2005, 12:02 PM
All smack aside, what's up with that? With his history, you'd think that he'd be working harder than anybody.

Bearcat
08-02-2005, 12:02 PM
[insert pic of Clarett running with a Dominos pizza]

Rain Man
08-02-2005, 12:03 PM
"The speed is so different at the pro level compared to what he's used to," coach Mike Shanahan said.

Heh-heh.

SNR
08-02-2005, 12:03 PM
[insert pic of Clarett running with a Dominos pizza]Oh man.. where are our photoshop pros when you need them?

vailpass
08-02-2005, 12:05 PM
This type of anti Broncos stuff isnt permitted here...

Where's Teej?

I'm as hard-core a Bronco as you'll meet. This isn't an anti-Bronco post, it's just a point of pre-season interest. Once the season starts I care about Anderson and Bell. Anything Clarett contributes is gravy since he basically works for free.

Bearcat
08-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Can't believe I found it... :)

vailpass
08-02-2005, 12:08 PM
All smack aside, what's up with that? With his history, you'd think that he'd be working harder than anybody.

I agree completely. The other thing, maybe even more of a factor, is that he just signed a pay-for-performance contract. It's not like he can pull a Ryan Leaf and steal a huge sign on bonus and never try to play another down.

Maybe he's working up to game speed, maybe he saves it for game day, I don't know. I ust found it interesting that, as you point out, the one guy you would think would be busting his ass is doing the opposite.
We'll see, time will tell. I'm not giving up on the guy but he is definetely in the show-me-what-you-got category.

Rain Man
08-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Frankly, I don't see him beating out Bell anyway, but then again I'm not a Broncos expert. I thought Bell was pretty impressive the couple of times I saw him last season.

trndobrd
08-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Maybe he's working up to game speed, maybe he saves it for game day, I don't know.

Maybe he's slow.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
I actually want him to make the team so DJ can introduce him to the league... and the turf... in style. Then they can wheel him away for good.

vailpass
08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Frankly, I don't see him beating out Bell anyway, but then again I'm not a Broncos expert. I thought Bell was pretty impressive the couple of times I saw him last season.

Right now Bell is so far out of Clarett's league it's not worth comparing the two. To give you some perspective, Clarett is 5th on the depth chart.
Ron Dayne is fourth.

vailpass
08-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I actually want him to make the team so DJ can introduce him to the league... and the turf... in style. Then they can wheel him away for good.

I'd be more interested in seeing DJ take Mike Anderson on at full speed. You'll find out erly on whether DJ can take on blocks and make head to head tackles. Outside of KC the jury is still out on that one.

chagrin
08-02-2005, 12:17 PM
And he gave up his salary too, didn't he?

Well, no worries; after he washes out I'm sure Lebron has a spot open in his 'posse' for Maurice, you know - since they're boys and all since they were shorties

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 12:19 PM
He was a R3 pick... (drafted higher than he should have been), but he signed a crazy contract on his part.

If he's not busting his ass to make his money... then he'll lose out. Denver is not banking on him being a badass in order to win. They have many other options as has already been stated.

I'm not shocked at the news, but I am a little surprised... As long as Bell and Anderson are healthy and doing well, I don't care about options 3-5 on the depth chart.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-02-2005, 12:23 PM
I'd be more interested in seeing DJ take Mike Anderson on at full speed. You'll find out erly on whether DJ can take on blocks and make head to head tackles. Outside of KC the jury is still out on that one.
I'm not concerned about DJ at all... but I know he has to prove it before everyone will give him credit.

KC Dan
08-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Clarett will be cut. My take unless he runs for 100yds/game in preseason.

Rain Man
08-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Maybe he's slow.

Wait a minute. Say that again?

You might be on to something.

cadmonkey
08-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Clarrett not giving 100%...............

..........in related news, Ty Law needs to be paid!!!

ChiTown
08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Clarrett not giving 100%...............

..........in related news, Ty Law needs to be paid!!!

In more related news, The earth is round, the sky is blue, and my ass stinks.

Iowanian
08-02-2005, 12:26 PM
Further Proof that he was an absolute FOOL to sign an insentive laden contract...he should have taken all of the signing bonus he could get, with a pittance yearly, so he'd have something to work on while he's home playing video games, avoiding his job at Shoneys Big Boy.

King_Chief_Fan
08-02-2005, 12:27 PM
. To give you some perspective, Clarett is 5th on the depth chart.
Ron Dayne is fourth.

Ouch......that smarts

bobbything
08-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Clarett will be cut.
What a waste of a 3rd round pick if this does come to pass.

vailpass
08-02-2005, 01:10 PM

Yes it would be. IMO they knew Clarett was a two year project when they drafted him, with the first year dedicated solely to getting back into the game after not playing a down for two years.
Based on this, IMO, Denver will not cut Clarett this year especially given the cap-friendly contract they signed. It would be, as you say, an absolute waste of a 3rd rounder to not see what he looks like in year two.

Ultra Peanut
08-02-2005, 01:14 PM
You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM

Phhhht... that ain't nothin. Denver has wasted way better picks than a R3...

jspchief
08-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Does this really suprise anyone? We're talking about a player that has only had one year of practicing at an intensity level above high school.

Stop and think about the path of his career. High school, 1 year of college, 1 year of sitting on his ass having the leeches he surrounds himself with kissing his ass, and now all of a sudden he's supposed to be at the NFL talent level?

The guy was never anything more than a kid that benefitted from a monster O-line, running through holes so big they made Emmit Smith look shifty.

I'm happy to see the Donkeys piss a draft pick away. It's too bad they won't get f*cked out of a bunch of money too.

Dave Lane
08-02-2005, 01:24 PM
He's such a good character guy though ROFL

Dave

TEX
08-02-2005, 02:01 PM
This is a blurb from Denver training camp notes. The only thing I like less than a guy not hustling is a coach making exscuses for him. I hope for the best but am prepared for the worst with Clarett.
Mo needs more

Everybody knows it has been more than two years since running back Maurice Clarett played in a game. What has become evident early in camp is it also has been a long time since Clarett remembered how to practice.

One reason Clarett is No. 5 on the tailback depth chart may be because the other four bring considerably more energy to the workouts. On every drill, the Broncos have their running backs get up after the play and continue running toward the end zone.

Mike Anderson, the veteran who is No. 1 on the depth chart, always finishes off his runs near top speed. Clarett ends his plays at a noticeably slower pace.

"The speed is so different at the pro level compared to what he's used to," coach Mike Shanahan said. "It takes some time."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_2906692

No Mike - he's just really S-L-O-W!

TEX
08-02-2005, 02:03 PM
He was a R3 pick... (drafted higher than he should have been), but he signed a crazy contract on his part.

If he's not busting his ass to make his money... then he'll lose out. Denver is not banking on him being a badass in order to win. They have many other options as has already been stated.

I'm not shocked at the news, but I am a little surprised... As long as Bell and Anderson are healthy and doing well, I don't care about options 3-5 on the depth chart.

You know, had you guys just kept Portis, (I still can't believe it but really do love it) we wouldn't even be discussing this... ;)

vailpass
08-02-2005, 02:32 PM
You know, had you guys just kept Portis, (I still can't believe it but really do love it) we wouldn't even be discussing this... ;)

Portis was fool enough to try and engage Shannahan in a power play. The next day his Miami U ghetto-brother @ss was out the door, championship belt and all (how classless was that? frickin embarassing for Bronco fans). I would love to have Portis the RB on the team still but Portis the person is definetely not a fit. Good riddance to bad trash.

Thig Lyfe
08-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Good thing the Donks put the "40-yard dash in under 5 or its free!" clause in his contract.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 02:43 PM

Probably not, but I don't believe that Denver is worse off for the direction that took regarding Portis, esp if Bell produces as expected.

TEX
08-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Portis was fool enough to try and engage Shannahan in a power play. The next day his Miami U ghetto-brother @ss was out the door, championship belt and all (how classless was that? frickin embarassing for Bronco fans). I would love to have Portis the RB on the team still but Portis the person is definetely not a fit. Good riddance to bad trash.

Oh - I agree and have always felt that way about him. Funny that now most of your kind do as well... :hmmm:

TEX
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Probably not, but I don't believe that Denver is worse off for the direction that took regarding Portis, esp if Bell produces as expected.

We shall see. But there comes a time when it has to happen or it won't matter. I mean if Bell works out years from now, after Portis retires, that shouldn't count - right?

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh - I agree and have always felt that way about him. Funny that now most of your kind do as well... :hmmm:

I had an issue with some of his antics, but I don't hate Portis and I wish him the best. He gave us 2 sweet seasons... the guy was a stud in that offense.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 02:47 PM
We shall see. But there comes a time when it has to happen or it won't matter. I mean if Bell works out years from now, after Portis retires, that shouldn't count - right?

Well, if Bell doesn't work out in the next year or two... he'll be gone.

Skip Towne
08-02-2005, 04:56 PM
While I know he came cheap anything that makes the Donx look stupid is A-OK with me.

J Diddy
08-02-2005, 05:04 PM

I wouldn't mind having Portis the RB on the team either....Especially when he got the dropsies.

whoman69
08-02-2005, 05:06 PM
What I will believe when I see it is when the Broncos admit they made a huge mistake in taking this 6th round talent in the 3rd round when they didn't have a 4th or a 5th round pick.

J Diddy
08-02-2005, 05:07 PM
What I will believe when I see it is when the Broncos admit they made a huge mistake in taking this 6th round talent in the 3rd round when they didn't have a 4th or a 5th round pick.

That'll happen probably about the next tuesday after hell freezes over.

vailpass
08-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't mind having Portis the RB on the team either....Especially when he got the dropsies.

For every fumble Portis had he also had 300 yards rushing and a 3-4 touchdowns. You are a Chief fan, you saw up close and personal what Portis could do when he ran all over KC. You also saw what a classless ghetto clown he is when he pulled out that championship belt given to him by some Florida rap thug.
I enjoyed the victory but was embarassed by the lack of respect shown to the opponent.

stevieray
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

vailpass
08-02-2005, 05:18 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Having trouble staying awake there old man?

stevieray
08-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Having trouble staying awake there old man?

that's weak, just like Clarett.

it's so easy to push your buttons...got any lame ass jokes about screwing someones wife?

vailpass
08-02-2005, 05:33 PM
that's weak, just like Clarett.

it's so easy to push your buttons...got any lame ass jokes about screwing someones wife?

Still have the red ass over that one, do you?ROFL Don't worry, I won't leave my drawers in your hamper.

I'll tell you what, you steer clear of me and I'll leave you alone.

J Diddy
08-02-2005, 05:47 PM
For every fumble Portis had he also had 300 yards rushing and a 3-4 touchdowns. You are a Chief fan, you saw up close and personal what Portis could do when he ran all over KC. You also saw what a classless ghetto clown he is when he pulled out that championship belt given to him by some Florida rap thug.
I enjoyed the victory but was embarassed by the lack of respect shown to the opponent.

I agree but let's not act like Portis racked up 300 yards against a chiefs defense that never allowed a 100 yd runner. Everyone was (and god I really hope that was and not is is the term to use) running rampant through the chiefs d. With that being said, he is a good back, running against a shotty d he put up very good numbers, but also running against a shotty d he put the ball on the ground alot. You take a shotty d and replace it with a solid (probably not spectacular) d and that cuts down alot especially in the long gains.

vailpass
08-02-2005, 05:50 PM
I agree but let's not act like Portis racked up 300 yards against a chiefs defense that never allowed a 100 yd runner. Everyone was (and god I really hope that was and not is is the term to use) running rampant through the chiefs d. With that being said, he is a good back, running against a shotty d he put up very good numbers, but also running against a shotty d he put the ball on the ground alot. You take a shotty d and replace it with a solid (probably not spectacular) d and that cuts down alot especially in the long gains.

Your points are well taken and I agree with each of them. In addition to getting to face KC when the Chiefs had arguably their worst D ever Portis was in a system in Denver that fit his style perfectly.
His first year in DC showed he can't do it all by himself ala Barry Sanders but I admit I miss seeing him turn the corner. That guy can go to the house on any play.

stevieray
08-02-2005, 05:52 PM
Still have the red ass over that one, do you?ROFL Don't worry, I won't leave my drawers in your hamper.

I'll tell you what, you steer clear of me and I'll leave you alone.

you'll leave me alone...?

ROFL

vailpass
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
you'll leave me alone...?

ROFL

I see your point, after all it's you that is stalking me with clever posts such as "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".
I had forgotten who you were until you reminded me of the wife banging thing; looks like you are carrying a grudge. No offense intended,it won't happen again.
No matter how hard she begs.

Valiant
08-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Yes it would be. IMO they knew Clarett was a two year project when they drafted him, with the first year dedicated solely to getting back into the game after not playing a down for two years.
Based on this, IMO, Denver will not cut Clarett this year especially given the cap-friendly contract they signed. It would be, as you say, an absolute waste of a 3rd rounder to not see what he looks like in year two.

What happens if he does not make the active roster??? Can't he be picked up by somebody else on the waiver wire??? And you lose out on the pick all-together...

stevieray
08-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I see your point, after all it's you that is stalking me with clever posts such as "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".
I had forgotten who you were until you reminded me of the wife banging thing; looks like you are carrying a grudge. No offense intended,it won't happen again.
No matter how hard she begs.

be careful there, your insecurity is showing ...how can I be stalking you if you don't remember who I am? .

My response was to the topic, pardon me if a greedy has never been, bottom of the barrell invesco RB is a boring subject...especially on a Chiefs board. maybe you could understand that if you weren't so self absorbed thinking it's about you.

vailpass
08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
What happens if he does not make the active roster??? Can't he be picked up by somebody else on the waiver wire??? And you lose out on the pick all-together...

Yes, I think you are correct. But if he doesn't make the active roster it's because he really, really sucked and oh well there it goes. Shannahan has done a pretty decent job drafting RBs (and a pretty sh#tty job drafting receivers). I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt here and if it goes south well you can't win 'em all.

vailpass
08-02-2005, 06:23 PM
be careful there, your insecurity is showing ...how can I be stalking you if you don't remember who I am? .

My response was to the topic, pardon me if a greedy has never been, bottom of the barrell invesco RB is a boring subject...especially on a Chiefs board. maybe you could understand that if you weren't so self absorbed thinking it's about you.

I apologize for whatever I did to offend you. I appreciate being allowed to come on to your BB as a guest and I try to recognize that this is not a Bronco board. I posted the Clarett topic not because he is with Denver but because I thought it was football news of interest league wide. Judging by the football talk that was generated I don't think I misjudged. Again, if my post in some way offended you I apologize.

KC Dan
08-02-2005, 06:24 PM
I apologize for whatever I did to offend you. I appreciate being allowed to come on to your BB as a guest and I try to recognize that this is not a Bronco board. I posted the Clarett topic not because he is with Denver but because I thought it was football news of interest league wide. Judging by the football talk that was generated I don't think I misjudged. Again, if my post in some way offended you I apologize.
Don't bother: Stevie's always offended (Damn Posers!) ROFLROFL:)

stevieray
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM

:clap:

stevieray
08-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Don't bother: Stevie's always offended (Damn Posers!) ROFLROFL:)

ya, you tell him.

KC Dan
08-02-2005, 06:28 PM
You're such an offensive prick.
Check your PM's, I sent you a phone number so we can plan a meeting so I can kick the ____ out of you!!!! That is what we are supposed to do here when upset by someone right?

|Zach|
08-02-2005, 06:28 PM
RB would be the least of my worries if I were a Denver fan.

stevieray
08-02-2005, 06:30 PM
RB would be the least of my worries if I were a Denver fan.

exzachtly, Anderson and Bell will make this guy an afterthought in Denver.

stevieray
08-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Check your PM's, I sent you a phone number so we can plan a meeting so I can kick the ____ out of you!!!! That is what we are supposed to do here when upset by someone right?

you just name the day, and I'll pick you up at the airport, mister keck.

KC Dan
08-02-2005, 06:33 PM
you just name the day, and I'll pick you up at the airport, mister keck.
You got it SUV boy! Just bring that piece of eye-candy of yours. To the victor goes the spoils!!!

stevieray
08-02-2005, 06:36 PM
You got it SUV boy! Just bring that piece of eye-candy of yours. To the victor goes the spoils!!!

you're on, oregon treehugger...!

did you grow your goatee back yet, Wally?

|Zach|
08-02-2005, 06:36 PM
exzachtly, Anderson and Bell will make this guy an afterthought in Denver.That DL of theirs is another story...what a mess.

KC Dan
08-02-2005, 06:38 PM
you're on, oregon treehugger...!

did you grow your goatee back yet, Wally?
Yup!

vailpass
08-02-2005, 06:45 PM
That DL of theirs is another story...what a mess.

You never know what changes a season can bring; hope springs eternal....

Time for Broncos to put it all on lineBy Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

The battle on the defensive line - the famously reconstructed front that will look nothing like the group that took the field last year - has been and will be the fiercest competition of Broncos training camp.

Every day, a long list of veterans has duked it out, jockeying for their roster lives. When the Broncos' final 53-man roster is determined, the line, which was a weak spot on an otherwise strong defense last year, should be stronger.

"The only question is who'll be on it and who'll be playing," said Andre Patterson, a new coach to the Broncos line, who joins incumbent Jacob Burney. "It's going to be a wild camp."

For the first four days of camp, the starting lineup on the line has consisted of a four-time Pro Bowl player attempting to return from a serious back injury and three former Cleveland Browns trying to resurrect their careers out west. Trevor Pryce, a nine-year Broncos veteran, has lined up with Courtney Brown at the ends, with Gerard Warren and Michael Myers in the middle. Myers has been somewhat of a surprise, supplanting Mario Fatafehi and Monsanto Pope from the starting mix.

If all four continue to play well, this could be the lineup that faces Miami on Sept. 11 in the season opener.

However, in a system that relies on heavy rotation along the defensive line, the starting four is only the beginning of the story. Ebenezer Ekuban has been working with the first-team nickel defense.

Others in the camp rotation include end Marco Coleman, whose strong play was noted during Pryce's absence last season; end John Engelberger (acquired from San Francisco last month for cornerback Willie Middlebrooks); end Anton Palepoi; end Raylee Johnson; and tackles Luther Elliss and Dorsett Davis.

Of the 17 defensive linemen in camp, 12 have a legitimate chance at making the roster. Teams usually keep nine defensive linemen, but the Broncos may have to keep 10, perhaps 11.

Incumbents such as Johnson, Elliss and Palepoi will need to have strong camps to keep their jobs. Davis, a promising player whose career has been thwarted by injuries, could be late- camp trade bait.
Whatever happens, Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said the competition is good for the team.

"We like what we see, but guys are really going to have to fight for it all the way through the preseason," Shanahan said. "They're already fighting. We think we're going to be pretty good there."

With Pryce out for almost all of last season, the team had little pass-rush punch, finishing with only 38 sacks. Reggie Hayward, who led the team with 10 1/2 sacks, left through free agency to sign a $10 million signing bonus with Jacksonville. The Broncos decided that was too rich, but made upgrading the position a major priority during the offseason. The team hopes it found answers with the free-agent signing of Brown and the trades for Myers, Ekuban and Engelberger.

Questions linger. Brown and Ekuban are coming off injuries, and Warren was questioned about his passion for the game while in Cleveland.

Brown and Ekuban have experienced good health, and Warren has been working diligently in camp.

"We've got a chance," defensive coordinator Larry Coyer said. "In the end, we should have a pretty good line, but all of these guys have to earn it."

Staff writer Bill Williamsoncan be reached at 303-820-5450 or bwilliamson@denverpost.com

Chief Faithful
08-02-2005, 06:45 PM
What should worry Denver fans is Clarett is probably giving more than he ever has in his past. And if he ever makes good he will start to relax and give less.

Third round wasted pick.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 08:49 PM

I did find it strange that a Broncos' fan posted this topic here... kinda like walking into a Chiefs' bar during a game wearing a Plummer jersey and saying "who wants to kick me in the balls".

Ah well.

Dayze
08-02-2005, 08:53 PM
probably has been mentioned before, but maybe his 100% is only 75% good enough for the NFL.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 08:54 PM
That DL of theirs is another story...what a mess.

I don't know about all that... Pryce is the anchor of that line and there are a few good rotational guys returning. Also, in past years guys like Berry and Hayward were nobody until the one season each did really well.

Denver spent little on the investment of the former Browns' players... in my eyes, they've done as much (or little) as either Hayward or Berry did before they hit paydirt.

Bottom line is I'm not expecting this defensive line to be all-world, but I am expecting them to be better than last year... and sadly, that should be a rather easy goal. If they fail, then it will be another year just like the prior two. I like our LBs and our secondary very much. The D Line has a lot to prove, so we'll see what happens.

Stevieray loves those last 4 words... "we'll see what happens".

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 08:55 PM
probably has been mentioned before, but maybe his 100% is only 75% good enough for the NFL.

"I did my best, but I guess my best wasn't good enough..."

Hopefully that sorry song will be stuck in someone's head for an hour. :p

Dayze
08-02-2005, 09:10 PM
plus, I don't think Clarett was ever drafted with the expectation to crack a starting line up. So his 'effort' or lack thereof is all relative I guess.

Denver has better options, and I'm sure they know that.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2005, 09:14 PM
plus, I don't think Clarett was ever drafted with the expectation to crack a starting line up. So his 'effort' or lack thereof is all relative I guess.

Denver has better options, and I'm sure they know that.

I think there's validity to that... sometimes you draft a 'project' and I think that's what they did here. I mean, the Jags did the same with Matt Jones, but spent a middle R1 pick on him. Who knows how that will work.

All in all... I'm not too concerned with that Clarrett does or doesn't do this year.

Dayze
08-02-2005, 09:18 PM
I think there's validity to that... sometimes you draft a 'project' and I think that's what they did here. I mean, the Jags did the same with Matt Jones, but spent a middle R1 pick on him. Who knows how that will work.

All in all... I'm not too concerned with that Clarrett does or doesn't do this year.

Exactly. I think he'll be an afterthought as soon as the regular season arrives.

J Diddy
08-02-2005, 09:19 PM

Shit the first 3 years here all we drafted were projects.