PDA

View Full Version : One hot summer night

luv
08-03-2005, 12:55 AM
I woke up this morning thinking, "Man it's really warm in here." I got up went about my day, went to work, came home to a not-as-cool-as-usual apartment. I checked my thermostat. It is set on cool at 74 degrees with the fan on auto. However, it says it is 80 degrees in here. Times like this, I'm glad I rent. I emailed customer service. The fan has been running since I got home at 1AM. Temperature hasn't gone down any. Trying to sleep will be fun.

Should I turn the fan off and just turn my ceiling fans up a few notches until it gets checked out?

DenverChief
08-03-2005, 12:58 AM
your just burnin up electricity running the A/C ...just shut it down and run some fans

luv
08-03-2005, 01:01 AM
your just burnin up electricity running the A/C ...just shut it down and run some fans
Thought so, but I'm such a girl when it comes to these types of things. I didn't want to run my electricity bill up, but thought I would be by running my ceiling fans on higher speeds anyway. I'll do that. Thanks.

KChiefsQT
08-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Thought so, but I'm such a girl when it comes to these types of things. I didn't want to run my electricity bill up, but thought I would be by running my ceiling fans on higher speeds anyway. I'll do that. Thanks.

Do you live in a neighborhood where u can leave the door cracked or open the windows... the only way I can sleep in the summer is with the windows open letting fresh air in. And take of those damn clothes.... It's all about sleeping naked especially on these hot August nights.

luv
08-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Do you live in a neighborhood where u can leave the door cracked or open the windows... the only way I can sleep in the summer is with the windows open letting fresh air in. And take of those damn clothes.... It's all about sleeping naked especially on these hot August nights.
I live on the second floor, so I left my patio door open and my bedroom window open (shades drawn due to sleeping in the buff).

tk13
08-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Now there's a poll I don't think I've ever seen on the planet.... who sleeps naked? I don't think I want to know.

KChiefsQT
08-03-2005, 01:35 AM
I live on the second floor, so I left my patio door open and my bedroom window open (shades drawn due to sleeping in the buff).

That a girl. But come on...you could leave it open just a peak... give that old man across the street a little treat because his stuck up wife won't give him none anymore. Geez... never thinking of the old, less fortunate ones are you? ROFL

luv
08-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Now there's a poll I don't think I've ever seen on the planet.... who sleeps naked? I don't think I want to know.
You would if the majority of posters were female. But since it's mostly males, I wouldn't mind knowing. :hmmm:

luv
08-03-2005, 01:36 AM
That a girl. But come on...you could leave it open just a peak... give that old man across the street a little treat because his stuck up wife won't give him none anymore. Geez... never thinking of the old, less fortunate ones are you? ROFL
Still too much of me to see.

KChiefsQT
08-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Still too much of me to see.

Quit being so hard on yourself. Ya know.... many of the guys that gawk at the 110 lb. anorexic girls in magazines would rather have a real woman...with curves...and something to grab on to (if ya know what i mean ;) ) instead of skin and bones... in real life.(whether they'll admit it or not).

luv
08-03-2005, 01:42 AM
Quit being so hard on yourself. Ya know.... many of the guys that gawk at the 110 lb. anorexic girls in magazines would rather have a real woman...with curves...and something to grab on to (if ya know what i mean ;) ) instead of skin and bones... in real life.(whether they'll admit it or not).
Well, the neighbors already hear it (I'm sure) every once in a while. I don't need others to see it, too!

tk13
08-03-2005, 01:45 AM
A woman who isn't all "OMG you guyz all just want the 35 lb slut on magazine covers, like OMG, like let me stick my finger down my throat." Pretty amazing. I didn't think you existed.

luv
08-03-2005, 01:49 AM
A woman who isn't all "OMG you guyz all just want the 35 lb slut on magazine covers, like OMG, like let me stick my finger down my throat." Pretty amazing. I didn't think you existed.
I agree with her, but multiply 35 times 6.5. Doubt you'd want to see that in a magazine either. Anyway. All I am saying on that.

tk13
08-03-2005, 01:50 AM
I agree with her, but multiply 35 times 6.5. Doubt you'd want to see that in a magazine either. Anyway. All I am saying on that.
Hey, keg in kc, stop that.

Pants
08-03-2005, 01:50 AM
I sleep naked - it's the only way. I just don't understand how you can sleep with your windows open - I would probably go insane from the heat.

luv
08-03-2005, 01:51 AM
I sleep naked - it's the only way. I just don't understand how you can sleep with your windows open - I would probably go insane from the heat.
Ceiling fan in my room on high to help circulate the air. I may actually just leave the patio door open. That lets in enough fresh air.

luv
08-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Hey, keg in kc, stop that.
No being keg would mean I'd dwell on it for the next two hours. :p

Pants
08-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Ceiling fan in my room on high to help circulate the air. I may actually just leave the patio door open. That lets in enough fresh air.

Fresh air? You mean the 95 degree air?

luv
08-03-2005, 01:55 AM
Fresh air? You mean the 95 degree air?
It's not 95 degrees until at least mid morning. I plan on getting up at 11AM. I told them to come after noon. That gives me enough time to shower and get dressed (hopefully). All I would need is them to use the key to get in as I'm walking out of the bathroom in my birthday suit.

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 01:57 AM

trusting person arent ya???

luv
08-03-2005, 02:00 AM
trusting person arent ya???
I doubt anyone is going to scale the wall to get to my patio on one random night. Please don't put thoughts like that in my head. I live alone. Great, not you know my patio door is open and I live alone. Guess I might as well mention my address is......... (gagging myself).

Pants
08-03-2005, 02:01 AM
I doubt anyone is going to scale the wall to get to my patio on one random night. Please don't put thoughts like that in my head. I live alone. Great, not you know my patio door is open and I live alone. Guess I might as well mention my address is......... (gagging myself).

I'm sure you have a screen.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:03 AM
I'm sure you have a screen.
If the guy can scale walls, I'm sure he can break through a screen. It's okay though, I have pepper spray. ROFL

KChiefsQT
08-03-2005, 02:04 AM

Sleep with a bat by your bed....or a mag lite those fockers are heavy-weight... lmao...I have both. (Live alone now as well)

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 02:06 AM
If the guy can scale walls, I'm sure he can break through a screen. It's okay though, I have pepper spray. ROFL

2 words...

SABER RED.
2,000,000 SCU's

thats the good stuff!
everything else is a joke.

Pants
08-03-2005, 02:06 AM

If the guy can scale walls and break through a screen, I'm sure he can get past a window. Your only concern is the bugs, for that you have the screen.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:07 AM
2 words...

SABER RED.
2,000,000 SCU's

thats the good stuff!
Yeah, that's why I'm laughing. I have some cheap stuff I bought at Walgreens. My alarm clock over the head might hurt. It's pretty big.

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Sleep with a bat by your bed....or a mag lite those fockers are heavy-weight... lmao...I have both. (Live alone now as well)

ok, now im gonna sound crazy but,
pick up a shotgun from a local pawn shop (bout $100) you dont have to register long rifles, and go to a lew enforcement website. order the non lethal rounds (bean bag, rubber slug, etc). it will take anyone off their feet but not kill.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:09 AM
If the guy can scale walls and break through a screen, I'm sure he can get past a window. Your only concern is the bugs, for that you have the screen.
Yes, and mesquitos seem to like me (must be cuz I'm so sweet). And those huge flies get annoying. I'd definitely have more problems with bugs than I would an intruder. Bugs are much harder to kill.

Pants
08-03-2005, 02:09 AM
pick up a shotgun from a local pawn shop (bout $100) you dont have to register long rifles, and go to a lew enforcement website. order the non lethal rounds (bean bag, rubber slug, etc). it will take anyone off their feet but not kill.

It might. Aim for the adam's apple, heh.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm simply looking to get him away from me for long enough to scream, run outside, and use my cell.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:11 AM
I'm simply looking to get him away from me for long enough to scream, run outside, and use my cell.
Damn! I'm sleeping nude. I always keep a t-shirt and shorts on top of the dresser just in case. I'll grab them as I'm running outside.

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 02:14 AM
http://www.remingtonle.com/images/shotguns/870pmax.jpg

this is close to what i have at home at my bed side.
i also keep a Glock 17 ready in the above cubby hole.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:16 AM
http://www.remingtonle.com/images/shotguns/870pmax.jpg

this is close to what i have at home at my bed side.
i also keep a Glock 17 ready in the above cubby hole.
You need a scope when shooting at close range? :shake:

I'm one to talk. Never fired a gun before in my life. Unless at a bird with a bb rifle counts.

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 02:18 AM
You need a scope when shooting at close range? :shake:

I'm one to talk. Never fired a gun before in my life. Unless at a bird with a bb rifle counts.

lol, thats not a scope.
its a tactical light. i also have night rifle sights (glow in the dark w/o charging with light).

im accurate with a slug up to about 70 yards (center chest).

best thing for home pretection is a 410. it wont go through interior walls, so your neighbors are safe.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:20 AM
lol, thats not a scope.
its a tactical light. i also have night rifle sights (glow in the dark w/o charging with light).

im accurate with a slug up to about 70 yards (center chest).

best thing for home pretection is a 410. it wont go through interior walls, so your neighbors are safe.
See what I mean? I was thinking scopes were usually on tope of the gun, so I thought maybe it has the red lazer thing. I'll keep the 410 in mind. Thanks Jelly...I mean Grimm. ROFL

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 02:23 AM
See what I mean? I was thinking scopes were usually on tope of the gun, so I thought maybe it has the red lazer thing. I'll keep the 410 in mind. Thanks Jelly...I mean Grimm. ROFL

HA... :banghead:

the first one was a shotgun also, but a little expensive for home protection. i'm trying to get Rausch to do the non-lethal 410. if you do try it, let me know and i can get the non lethal at discount.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:24 AM
HA... :banghead:

the first one was a shotgun also, but a little expensive for home protection. i'm trying to get Rausch to do the non-lethal 410. if you do try it, let me know and i can get the non lethal at discount.
If it's non-lethal, do I have to register it? And how much are they usually? And do I have to have good aim?

KChiefsQT
08-03-2005, 02:28 AM
If it's non-lethal, do I have to register it? And how much are they usually? And do I have to have good aim?

Before you buy a gun.... ask yourself one question. How's my anger, and would I shoot my boyfriend in the foot if i got that mad. I should've asked myself that question before buying one. :PPL: :bang: :bang:

luv
08-03-2005, 02:28 AM
Before you buy a gun.... ask yourself one question. How's my anger, and would I shoot my boyfriend in the foot if i got that mad. I should've asked myself that question before buying one. :PPL: :bang: :bang:
I'm pretty mild, and no boyfriend to consider.

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 02:29 AM

1st: the gun is lethal, its the round that isnt. instead of shooting a normal metal "slug" or buck shot, you shoot a rubber plug or bean bag. it will take someone off their feet, and still break a rib or 2. but it wont penetrate the skin.

2nd: no, you do not have to register to buy or own a long rifle (hunting rifle or shotgun). you can walk into a pawn shop or wal-mart and walk out with one.

3rd: aim is not really inportant with a shotgun depending on your shot type. with the rubber buck shot, just point and shoot for the most part.
inside it should be a given, if the racking sound doesent scare them off 1st.

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 02:30 AM

this is why im trying to sell the non-lethal here.......

KChiefsQT
08-03-2005, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty mild, and no boyfriend to consider.

I heard Tony Gonzalez was single. Go get em.

luv
08-03-2005, 02:32 AM
1st: the gun is lethal, its the round that isnt. instead of shooting a normal metal "slug" or buck shot, you shoot a rubber plug or bean bag. it will take someone off their feet, and still break a rib or 2. but it wont penetrate the skin.

2nd: no, you do not have to register to buy or own a long rifle (hunting rifle or shotgun). you can walk into a pawn shop or wal-mart and walk out with one.

3rd: aim is not really inportant with a shotgun depending on your shot type. with the rubber buck shot, just point and shoot for the most part.
inside it should be a given, if the racking sound doesent scare them off 1st.
Okay, say this guy is right on me. I just think a rifle would be difficult to get up and ready to shoot. Something smaller would seem more plausable to me. Can you load the same rounds into a pistol or handgun?

luv
08-03-2005, 02:34 AM
I heard Tony Gonzalez was single. Go get em.
ROFL

The really funny thing is that my plant manager's name at work is Tony Gonzalez. He's married though.

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 02:36 AM
Okay, say this guy is right on me. I just think a rifle would be difficult to get up and ready to shoot. Something smaller would seem more plausable to me. Can you load the same rounds into a pistol or handgun?

no.
i would advise everyone to at least take a gun safety course.
you have to apply to purchase a handgun, and if you want to carry it in Mo. you have to take a concealed to carry course and test.
i prefer to keep both though. Also, handguns take a bit more work at being able to use, especially i high stress situations, such as a night prowler when you not in complete control of your senses.

or even better: TAZER

luv
08-03-2005, 02:39 AM
no.
i would advise everyone to at least take a gun safety course.
you have to apply to purchase a handgun, and if you want to carry it in Mo. you have to take a concealed to carry course and test.
i prefer to keep both though. Also, handguns take a bit more work at being able to use, especially i high stress situations, such as a night prowler when you not in complete control of your senses.

or even better: TAZER
Tazer makes more sense to me than a rifle. I'm assuming it's a smaller rifle though. Ya know, if I had good aim, a bb to the eye might do the same trick.

tk13
08-03-2005, 02:42 AM

KCChiefsMan
08-03-2005, 02:42 AM

I sleep naked, it's the only way for me to go!

luv
08-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Well, if I'm gonna get up at 11AM, I might want to start trying to get to sleep. G'night all. Pleasure, as usual. And thanks for the info Grimm.

philfree
08-03-2005, 03:03 AM
It's so cold in my basement I need a pair of sweats! My AC went out a couple weeks ago and with a call or two I was able to fix it my self. It was a power problem though and that was easy to figure out. It was a fuse in the on/off switch by the furnace unit. If the fan runs it's not that. Froze up or out of freon or a part or a compressor....I'm freezing...

PhilFree:arrow:

Saggysack
08-03-2005, 03:47 AM
2 words...

SABER RED.
2,000,000 SCU's

thats the good stuff!

1 word...

FOX.
5,300,000 SHU's

nothing else compares

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 04:04 AM
1 word...

FOX.
5,300,000 SHU's

nothing else compares

whats it made of?
is it alcohol based??

Mr Grimm
08-03-2005, 04:13 AM
Tazer makes more sense to me than a rifle. I'm assuming it's a smaller rifle though. Ya know, if I had good aim, a bb to the eye might do the same trick.

little more expensive, but hurts like a BIOTCH!!!
Taser (http://www.taser.com/self_defense/index.htm)

Saggysack
08-03-2005, 04:52 AM
whats it made of?
is it alcohol based??

2% OC, but, that really doesn't matter. SHU's is the important number.

I don't know if it is alcohol based.

papasmurf
08-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Just glad you didn't call dad.

Iowanian
08-03-2005, 07:55 AM
"Oh no...all my sorority sisters are dead...I'd better announce that I'm getting naked and taking a shower".

I've seen 2 versions of this movie..........One, A guy in a hockey mask who got picked on in HS, kicks in the window and Fugs you to death with a chainsaw.

The other.....3 delivery men arrive while you're in the shower, and comb their bad moustaches with your cervix.

luv
08-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Well, the hottest it got in here was 82. The AC guy came, and now am almost back down to my comfortable 74 degrees. :)

J Diddy
08-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Well, the hottest it got in here was 82. The AC guy came, and now am almost back down to my comfortable 74 degrees. :)

I finally get central heat and air in my place on monday.

74 is a dream.

:banghead:

luv
08-03-2005, 01:25 PM
I finally get central heat and air in my place on monday.

74 is a dream.

:banghead:
A dream come true come Monday, right? :)

papasmurf
08-03-2005, 01:26 PM
74 is way to hot.

Rain Man
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

luv
08-03-2005, 01:30 PM
On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
Not fair. Roses are my weakness.

luv
08-03-2005, 01:31 PM
74 is way to hot.
You're welcome to pay my electric bill. :p

Compared to 97 degrees outside, it feels pretty good.

luv
08-03-2005, 01:33 PM
The guy that came out was telling the the guy that originally put the AC units in didn't do a very good job in my building. He's no longer with the company. Something wasn't tightened like it should have been, and it was leaking freon. All fixed now.

Iowanian
08-03-2005, 01:55 PM
"hey boys, would you like something wet to drink [touch finger to mouth]

"ma'am....its kinda...hhhhot in here" [que disco drums]

keg in kc
08-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Damn, people talking shit about me when I'm not even around to defend myself.

Chalk that up to karma.

papasmurf
08-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Hell your apartment isn't even a year old.

luv
08-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Hell your apartment isn't even a year old.
Yeah yeah yeah.

papasmurf
08-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah yeah yeah.

attitude

luv
08-03-2005, 09:02 PM
attitude
Yep! :D

I'm just so ungrateful.

Now share your salsa!