PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm listening to 610 and I just heard the dumbest comment ever

Mecca
08-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Tim Grunhard actually said "Freddie Mitchell getting a 2nd opinion on his knee is his first strike against him". Then went on this silly diatribe about how good our WR's our and we would go with the youth movement.
Then talked about how Mitchells a cancer and would be cut.

Sometimes I think people really can't see the forest from the trees. Also when did Freddie Mitchell become old? If he legit thinks getting a second opinion from your own doctor is a strike, I find that really stupid.

Once again I have to ask myself why I listen to the crappy sports talk in this damn town.

ptlyon
08-03-2005, 09:39 AM
DV sure didn't like it.

Can't wait to hear DV's comments on him not having it scoped.

Strike two.

tomahawk kid
08-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Tim Grunhard actually said "Freddie Mitchell getting a 2nd opinion on his knee is his first strike against him". Then went on this silly diatribe about how good our WR's our and we would go with the youth movement.
Then talked about how Mitchells a cancer and would be cut.

Sometimes I think people really can't see the forest from the trees. Also when did Freddie Mitchell become old? If he legit thinks getting a second opinion from your own doctor is a strike, I find that really stupid.

Once again I have to ask myself why I listen to the crappy sports talk in this damn town.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again - Tim Grunhard was my all-time favorite Chief until he was given a daily talk radio show.

Listening to him does nothing but lower your IQ. The guy will flip-flop faster than J. Kerry on most subjects and has a hard time putting together thoughts in a coherent manner.

tomahawk kid
08-03-2005, 09:42 AM
DV sure didn't like it.

Can't wait to hear DV's comments on him not having it scoped.

Strike two.

Vermiel's quote in the paper this morning was positive regarding FredEx not having to have surgery.

ptlyon
08-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Vermiel's quote in the paper this morning was positive regarding FredEx not having to have surgery.

Really? When 2 days ago he was upset he was getting a second opinon?

:huh:

Lzen
08-03-2005, 09:46 AM
So, I'm listening to 610 and I just heard the dumbest comment ever

Dumbest comment ever, eh? Then I think it's safe to assume you haven't read this thread.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120708

Big Chief Homer
08-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Really? When 2 days ago he was upset he was getting a second opinon?

:huh:
Dv was upset because he thought it would prolong Freddie being out.now that hes not having the scope.He will be back faster.Therfore making Dv happy again.

Vermiel got caught running his mouth again when he should have just STFU .

Uatu
08-03-2005, 09:57 AM
I think Grunhard lowers your IQ by 5-10 points for every hour of listening. That explains the regular callers, anyway.

HC_Chief
08-03-2005, 10:01 AM
If Mitchell spends a significant amount of time sidelined, I sincerely hope we cut his ass. He is not good enough to waste a roster spot on, waiting for a return from injury. Cut him, sign one of the NFLE guys instead, and move forward.

Bowser
08-03-2005, 10:05 AM
If Mitchell spends a significant amount of time sidelined, I sincerely hope we cut his ass. He is not good enough to waste a roster spot on, waiting for a return from injury. Cut him, sign one of the NFLE guys instead, and move forward.

Agreed.

I'm curious to see if John Booth can bring some skill to the table this preseason, after the year he had in NFLEL. You know how Carl loves his NFLEL guys..........

TRR
08-03-2005, 10:05 AM

What makes you think an NFLE guy is better than Freddie Mitchell?

Braincase
08-03-2005, 10:19 AM
If Freddie Mitchell gets cut, I doubt too many folks shed a tear. I'd rather see Boe, Parker, Horn, Booth and Thorpe combine for the catches than see Mitchell get 'em. Why? I like those guys. Mitchell is historically an assclown.

htismaqe
08-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Why would anybody want to see Jon Booth over Freddie Mitchell?

gblowfish
08-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Here's the advice from the Chiefs Medical Staff:
Doctor #1: "Hey Fred, You're fine. Walk it off."
Doctor #2: "Hey Fred, You're fine. Tape it up."
Doctor #3: "Hey Fred, You're fine. Take the needle."
Rufus Dawes: "Talk to an outside doctor again and it's your ass."

Braincase
08-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Why would anybody want to see Jon Booth over Freddie Mitchell?

Because Booth has never made a complete ass of himself in an interview?

alpha_omega
08-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Tim Grunhard actually said...

That was enough to make me not want to read on.

htismaqe
08-03-2005, 10:43 AM

He's never caught an NFL pass either.

I think that's more important than what he says to some reporter...call me stupid.

Demonpenz
08-03-2005, 10:55 AM
yeah i want booth to go up for a catch when it's 4th and 45 *roll eyes*

Braincase
08-03-2005, 10:58 AM

I think that's more important than what he says to some reporter...call me stupid.

If Mitchell turns out to be "the man", I'm buying the beer. And you can define whether he's the man or not, Parker. :p

Lzen
08-03-2005, 11:33 AM

While Freddie has caught a few NFL passes, he sure as heck hasn't caught very many for a 1st round draft choice. Besides, everyone needs a chance. Maybe Booth will be the next Priest Holmes. Probably not but ya never know. ;) I just want to see the best 5 or 6 receivers out there no matter who they are or what they have or haven't done in the past.

Uatu
08-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Who would you rather see being given a chance...

-The guy who was a blue chip prospect, a first round pick, ran a 4.4 at the combine, performed at an elite level in college, has NFL experience, and claims to have been in a bad situation before and got a bad rap, or

-The guy who has not been able to break off the practice squad even given our mediocre receivers, was a QB at a no-name suburban college, had never appeared in a game and is a longshot to make the team as a special teamer by any standard, and caught 20 passes in 10 games in NFL Europe.

Come on. Who has the potential larger benefit to the team? The first round pick who could finally live up to his potential in a good situation? Or the guy whose football career will in all likelihood end with more years on the practice squad than receptions?

Baby Lee
08-03-2005, 11:51 AM
That crazy Braincase, always trying to one-up Grunny.

htismaqe
08-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Who would you rather see being given a chance...

-The guy who was a blue chip prospect, a first round pick, ran a 4.4 at the combine, performed at an elite level in college, has NFL experience, and claims to have been in a bad situation before and got a bad rap, or

-The guy who has not been able to break off the practice squad even given our mediocre receivers, was a QB at a no-name suburban college, had never appeared in a game and is a longshot to make the team as a special teamer by any standard, and caught 20 passes in 10 games in NFL Europe.

Come on. Who has the potential larger benefit to the team? The first round pick who could finally live up to his potential in a good situation? Or the guy whose football career will in all likelihood end with more years on the practice squad than receptions?

Exactly my point. :clap:

patteeu
08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
I thought what Grunhard said was dumb too, but later Doug Franz started talking and outdumbed him by kissing his ass and telling him how much sense he was making.