PDA

View Full Version : Jack Steadman in HOF Bugs Me

gblowfish
08-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I was thinking today about what a bummer its going to be on Chiefs alumni day to put a front office weasel on the "ring of fame" in Arrowhead.

Jack Steadman was basically a bean counter. When he was GM, the Chiefs sucked the gas pipe. They were an NFL doormat and floundering until Marty and King Carl came in 1988. The team didn't get competitive again until Steadman got out of the way.

Steadman was Lamar's room mate at SMU. So he's good old boy network. He's worked for the Chiefs since 1960. That's admirable, but I'm sure there's some janitor or guy in the ticket office that's worked for the Chiefs nearly that long too.

I think the Ring of Fame in the stadium should be reserved for players and coaches only. Front office stuffed suits can have a hall of fame executive washroom in the corporate office. What are we supposed to do during that ceremony? Watch highlights of him punching a ten key calculator? Watch him draft Todd Blackledge? Watch him fire Hank Stram? Boy, that'll bring a tear of nostalgia to the eye. I think I'll go take a whizz.

I can think of at least four players who deserve the honor more than Jack "Worlds of Chiefs" Steadman. How bout: Bill Maas? Stephone Paige? Kevin Ross? Dan Saleamua? I'm sure there are others that may be worthy too.

Just my humble opinion. It's a good thing they put Joe Delaney in last year, because if this stuffed suit went in before Joe, that would be a travesty. I think it's fine he's worked for the Chiefs for 45 years, but guys who actually played ball or coached should be saved for the ring.

What do you think? Should he be ringed or not?

Brock
08-03-2005, 11:24 AM
What a stupid idea.

Rain Man
08-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Jack Steadman is going on the Ring of Fame? Jack Steadman, who presided over the darkest 20 years of Chiefs history? Jack Steadman, who drafted more busts than the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model recruiter?

Jack Steadman should be run out of town. Carl should have planted his head on a stake in 1989 to show that the terror was over.

Frankie
08-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Steadman had it out against Hank Stram. He forced Stram out and ushered in a disasterous two decade state of sub-mediocrity. HE REALLY DESERVES TO BE IN THE CHIEFS HOF!.......

NOT!!!

Chief Henry
08-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Carl putting Steadmans name up on the ring of
honor because he wants he name up there
someday.....

cdcox
08-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Rain Man is being nice, as usual.

If my name was on the Ring Of Fame, I'd ask to have it removed the day Steadman went up. In fact I'd bring a crowbar to the stadium and do it myself during the game so there would be no mistake about how I felt.

The day Steadman was removed from power was my best non-Season Chiefs moment ever.

Bowser
08-03-2005, 11:35 AM
It's going to be hilarious/embarassing to hear all the boos rain down during the ceremony.

ChiTown
08-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Jack Steadman should be run out of town. Carl should have planted his head on a stake in 1989 to show that the terror was over.

Who the hell was going to run Worlds of Fun and all of the Hunt Families hobbies?

morphius
08-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Jack Steadman is going on the Ring of Fame? Jack Steadman, who presided over the darkest 20 years of Chiefs history? Jack Steadman, who drafted more busts than the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model recruiter?

It is a ploy by Carl to make us all realize how much better off we are now.

Rain Man
08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Who the hell was going to run Worlds of Fun and all of the Hunt Families hobbies?

Jeff Kinney. Or maybe Anthony Hancock.

ChiTown
08-03-2005, 11:40 AM
It's going to be hilarious/embarassing to hear all the boos rain down during the ceremony.

That d-bag was solely responsible for the worst run in Chiefs History. He had ticket takers out at World of Fun evaluating talent for the NFL Draft. He had no idea how to run NFL football operations. None.

ChiTown
08-03-2005, 11:42 AM

WTF?

So Brian Jozwiak would have been out of a job? You got to be kidding....

Bowser
08-03-2005, 11:43 AM
That d-bag was solely responsible for the worst run in Chiefs History. He had ticket takers out at World of Fun evaluating talent for the NFL Draft. He had no idea how to run NFL football operations. None.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think the whole thing is a steaming pile of crap. Especially when you consider the list of names that deserve to be on the wall before that turd.

Steadman is Lamar's bud from waay back. There was no way he wouldn't be in the ring.

Rain Man
08-03-2005, 11:46 AM
WTF?

So Brian Jozwiak would have been out of a job? You got to be kidding....

There's no way I'd bring Jozwiak on for those jobs. He'd miss too much time on sick leave and worker's comp.

ChiTown
08-03-2005, 11:51 AM
There's no way I'd bring Jozwiak on for those jobs. He'd miss too much time on sick leave and worker's comp.

BTW, BJ has to be the worst Top 10 pick by the Chiefs of All Time. Maybe you can start a poll on that.......

gblowfish
08-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I can hear King Carl out on the 50 Yardline now:

"Jack...for your forty-five years of meritorious service. For whacking Hank Stram...that little Napoleon Complex Clothes Horse...for firing Marv Levy...you knew he had no future as an NFL head coach...for bringing in John Mackovic....drafting Todd Blackledge, Ethan Horton, Anthony Hancock, Willie Scott...for your sterling work on Bi-State II...a gold key to the executive washroom, and your framed Brooks Brothers Suit and Texas Instruments Calculator to hang in a place of honor in the Accounts Receivable Department. You are the pride of Mission Hills, and we salute you!" (directly followed with a 21 Cash Register Salute....cha ching...)

The horror. The Horror.

munkey
08-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Steadman is Lamar's bud from waay back. There was no way he wouldn't be in the ring.

Correct and add to the fact that it's not who you are it's who you know...

Talk about being in the right place at the right time...

KChiefs1
08-03-2005, 11:56 AM

Couldn't agree more....the guy single-handed ran the Chiefs organization into the ground. I never understood why Lamar Hunt stood by watching Steadman ruin his team. Everytime someone criticizes Carl Peterson I think about Jack Steadman & I'm glad King Carl is running the show at Arrowhead. :)

Jack Steadman sucks! :cuss:

BigRedChief
08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Couldn't agree more....the guy single-handed ran the Chiefs organization into the ground. I never understood why Lamar Hunt stood by watching Steadman ruin his team. Everytime someone criticizes Carl Peterson I think about Jack Steadman & I'm glad King Carl is running the show at Arrowhead. :)

Jack Steadman sucks! :cuss:

Dammmit this pisses me off! :cuss: Steadman on the ring? WTF! :banghead:

Frazod
08-03-2005, 12:01 PM
It is a ploy by Carl to make us all realize how much better off we are now.

It certainly seems to be working. :D

cdcox
08-03-2005, 12:05 PM
This is like in The GodFather where once the old man dies, Michael takes his revenge on all the family's rivals.

Or in GFII when Michael waits until after his mom dies to feed Fredo to the fishes.

They didn't have the guts to do the dasterdly deed of putting Steadman on the Ring while Stramm was alive to see it.

Baby Lee
08-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Pete Koch?

BigRedChief
08-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Are they actually talking about the ring of fame for the guy?

ChiTown
08-03-2005, 12:11 PM
This is like in The GodFather where once the old man dies, Michael takes his revenge on all the family's rivals.

Or in GFII when Michael waits until after his mom dies to feed Fredo to the fishes.

They didn't have the guts to do the dasterdly deed of putting Steadman on the Ring while Stramm was alive to see it.

I can remember listening to KMBZ radio the day Stram was fired. I sat at our Kitchen table and cried. Steadman was such a douche. His solution was to replace him with Paul Wiggin? Please.

Coach
08-03-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm with ya'll on this. Steadman? WTF?

I'm more than 100% positive the Chiefs should have someone else on there. Who are the others that are not on the ring of fame, but should be?

I would have guessed maybe the following?

Stephone Paige? Bill Mass? :shrug:

Not much of a list to choose from. I wouldn't have a problem if there was no induction at all. :shrug:

But the future, it does look bright though.

Priest Holmes, Tony Gonzalez, Tony Richardson, Trent Green.

Rain Man
08-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Pete Koch?

What kind of leadership qualities did he display in Heartbreak Ridge?

Baby Lee
08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
What kind of leadership qualities did he display in Heartbreak Ridge?
There was the tearing off of the head, and the shitting down of the neck.

tomahawk kid
08-03-2005, 12:42 PM

That's what I'm thinking. The entertainment value is going to be priceless.

Brock
08-03-2005, 12:44 PM
He negotiated the Chiefs' move to KC and the building of the TSC. You have to give him some credit. I just don't think he belongs on the ring. Actually, I'm not sure that election to the Chiefs HOF means you're on the ring. :shrug:

Rain Man
08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
There was the tearing off of the head, and the shitting down of the neck.

Hmm. Those are some points in his favor.

BigRedChief
08-03-2005, 12:54 PM

I will save some of my voice to let Lamar and Mr. Steadman know how I feel about this POS that caused the lowest points in Chiefs football getting into the HOF. College roomates or not this is a slap in the face of Chiefs fans. :mad:

ChiTown
08-03-2005, 01:22 PM
He negotiated the Chiefs' move to KC and the building of the TSC. You have to give him some credit. I just don't think he belongs on the ring. Actually, I'm not sure that election to the Chiefs HOF means you're on the ring. :shrug:

Business-wise, he was very adept. Football-wise, he was a gd moron.

KChiefs1
08-03-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm worried they'll fill up the Ring with POS's like Steadman & not have enough room for people with actual talent.

Ari Chi3fs
08-03-2005, 02:08 PM
George Blowfish deserves his name in the Comedy Ring of Fame...alongside Rainman.

BigRedChief
08-03-2005, 07:48 PM
I can remember listening to KMBZ radio the day Stram was fired. I sat at our Kitchen table and cried. Steadman was such a douche. His solution was to replace him with Paul Wiggin? Please.
Mr. Steadman!
http://www.forumspile.com/Die-Chimpanzee.jpg