PDA

View Full Version : Pure Humor on 810 right now...

Mecca
08-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Keitzman is bashing the Chiefs for asking for money for arrowhead but praising the Royals for doing the same thing........

KC Dan
08-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Pure humor is not correct - more like Pure Crap!

htismaqe
08-03-2005, 01:15 PM
I love Kevin. He's the best.

jspchief
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
My guess is the Royals are just wanting an excuse to get out of town.

Mecca
08-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Pure humor is not correct - more like Pure Crap!

Did you not detect my sarcasm?

dirk digler
08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I love Kevin. He's the best.

:bang:

Dick Bull
08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Maybe the Royals should ask the Chiefs for some money?

KC Dan
08-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Did you not detect my sarcasm?
Detection occurred, I just wanted to say it straight out

Mecca
08-03-2005, 01:24 PM
I just enjoy how 810 acts as though the Royals are more important to our community than the Chiefs are, talk about dilluted.

I'd also like to ask, am I the only person who thinks Klinkscale comes off as an elitest jackass?

KC Dan
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I just enjoy how 810 acts as though the Royals are more important to our community than the Chiefs are, talk about dilluted.

I'd also like to ask, am I the only person who thinks Klinkscale comes off as an elitest jackass?
Thinks? I Knows! He is smarter than all of us, knows whats right and wrong when we the fans don't & wastes everyday talking about the Royals, auto racing, golf, and stadium crap. What a tool he is!

Messier
08-03-2005, 01:28 PM
They also love to say that the Royals and the Chiefs are the same as far as how good they are. They say all you have to do is subtract the 13-3 record and it's the same team. Uhhhhhhh....yes. They did the same thing a few years ago when the Chiefs started 9-0, they tried so hard to say look the Royals started 9-0 and so did the Chiefs, same team right? Do they really believe this?

HC_Chief
08-03-2005, 01:29 PM

Might have something to do with the fact that they own the broadcast rights for the Royals.

KC Dan
08-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Broadcast rights or not, I'd say the Royals are worth about 10 min a day coverage.
W L PCT GB
Kansas City (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=kan) 38 68 .358 31.52

ROYC75
08-03-2005, 01:48 PM
My guess is the Royals are just wanting an excuse to get out of town.

Out of town ? Currently Boston isn't far enough out of town ? ROFL

jspchief
08-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Out of town ? Currently Boston isn't far enough out of town ? ROFLYea, but they actually have to come back to KC from Boston.

what I meant was, the Royals are sitting back and letting the county default, so they have an excuse to move the team.

tyton75
08-03-2005, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca]I just enjoy how 810 acts as though the Royals are more important to our community than the Chiefs are, talk about dilluted.

The Royals ARE more important to our COMMUNITY than the Chiefs are! Don't get me wrong here, I love the Chiefs as much as the next guy.. but to the COMMUNITY, the Royals games are more important because the Royals games bring in more tax revenue simply based on the amount of games they play in town... the Chiefs only play 10 if you include preseason... the Royals play like 88ish..

To most KC sports fans.. it would kill us to lose the Chiefs, and probably not care AS MUCH if we lost the Royals because they have sucked for 20 years... but to the community, it would hurt alot more to lose the Royals...

so, in short.. .Kevin is right (although I think most of those arguments would be better suited on a local economy station and not a sports station when the Chiefs, the team the city is PASSIONATE about) is in training camp

Scaga
08-03-2005, 01:57 PM
I'd say KK is a prick, but that would be inacurate.
A prick has a head on it. :cuss:

morphius
08-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Yup, ever since they "won" the rights to the Royals they have been this way. The reason Keitzman can't stand Carl Peterson is because he wants to be exactly like him.

KC Dan
08-03-2005, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Mecca]I just enjoy how 810 acts as though the Royals are more important to our community than the Chiefs are, talk about dilluted.

The Royals ARE more important to our COMMUNITY than the Chiefs are! Don't get me wrong here, I love the Chiefs as much as the next guy.. but to the COMMUNITY, the Royals games are more important because the Royals games bring in more tax revenue simply based on the amount of games they play in town... the Chiefs only play 10 if you include preseason... the Royals play like 88ish..

To most KC sports fans.. it would kill us to lose the Chiefs, and probably not care AS MUCH if we lost the Royals because they have sucked for 20 years... but to the community, it would hurt alot more to lose the Royals...

so, in short.. .Kevin is right (although I think most of those arguments would be better suited on a local economy station and not a sports station when the Chiefs, the team the city is PASSIONATE about) is in training camp
If you figure avg attendance:

Royals (81 games at 15,000 fans) = ~1.2 million
Chiefs (10 games at 70,000 fans) = ~700,000

A half a million fan difference with 71 more games. Hmmm... Plus, I bet merchandising is much more lucrative for Chiefs stuff than Royals. I am not dead sure on that but I bet I ain't far off. Now if the teams pay tax to the State per game (which they might), then the Royals may do much better but I don't know enough about that.

tyton75
08-03-2005, 02:15 PM
If you figure avg attendance:

Royals (81 games at 15,000 fans) = ~1.2 million
Chiefs (10 games at 70,000 fans) = ~700,000

A half a million fan difference with 71 more games. Hmmm... Plus, I bet merchandising is much more lucrative for Chiefs stuff than Royals. I am not dead sure on that but I bet I ain't far off. Now if the teams pay tax to the State per game (which they might), then the Royals may do much better but I don't know enough about that.

figuring in jobs created, concessions, parking, advertisements etc... the Royals are still a very important part of our community, like them or not... the Chiefs are maxed out.. if the Royals could even have a wiff on contention, those numbers would go up even more..

but as far as Keitzman, I like the way he stirs the pot and keeps pressure on the civic leaders to do this stuff right... I just wish that THIS time of the year, he would talk about the Chiefs more and whats going on and how they look..

ROYC75
08-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Yea, but they actually have to come back to KC from Boston.

what I meant was, the Royals are sitting back and letting the county default, so they have an excuse to move the team.

Was just being silly about it......

This whole Complex needs to be redone.......

petegz28
08-03-2005, 02:23 PM

To be honest I have had it with about all the Sports-Talking-Heads on the 2 stations. They do nothing but focus on negativity and cry. They whine like little kids. I heard 610 the other day bashing the Chiefs and kept talking baout last year's start. And saying allt he changes we have made are only on paper and look what happened to the Royals after 03. It is just amazing. Actually comparing the Chiefs to the Royals.

DA is nothing more than a Rome-Wanna-Be and KK is just full of himself. I like St. John but that stupid music they play the whole time he is talking gets on me nerves.

beavis
08-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Yea, but they actually have to come back to KC from Boston.

Excuse or not, it's virutally impossible for Glass to move the Royals without taking a huge hit to his wallet.

BigRedChief
08-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Excuse or not, it's virutally impossible for Glass to move the Royals without taking a huge hit to his wallet.

He can't move the Royals. Period. He can't be the owner of the Royals if they are in another city.
He can't sell the Royals and make any money. Period. It's part of his deal that he signed. any money made on the sale of the team goes to the foundation.

what they should do is give Lamar the whole Truman complex. Let him turn Royals stadium into a concert venue. It would be a great place to see concerts. Much better than the Verizon. Use any profits to refurbish Arrowhead. Build the Royals a new downtown stadium. We are set. Thank You. Let's Party.:harumph:

Ari Chi3fs
08-03-2005, 02:41 PM
KCSP 610 Sports : The FOOTBALL STATION

is how they are billing themselves now. heh.

tk13
08-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Yeah, Mr. Kauffman put plenty of provisions in to protect the franchise. That said, people always forget that Glass was the head of the board of directors when Kauffman passed away... he was the guy who Mr. K wanted to take control of the team... and Glass refused to do it for about 7-8 years... for the reasons you see now, all the criticism he'd knew he'd get. I really don't think he'd stab Mr. K in the back.

I think the Chiefs are far more likely a candidate to move somewhere. There'd be a LOT of money to be made if you moved them and gave them a brand new stadium. Getting a small market MLB team with the current state of the MLB ecomony would not be a very good investment. Maybe if you moved them to a large market it'd be better, but there aren't any large markets like LA sitting out there like in the NFL.

KC Dan
08-03-2005, 02:53 PM
They should just change the name of KK's show to the Bullsh*t Show. All they do is bullsh*t. I have gotten nothing from this waste of radio. I wish 610 would stream. :banghead:

beer bacon
08-03-2005, 02:59 PM
They should just change the name of KK's show to the Bullsh*t Show. All they do is bullsh*t. I have gotten nothing from this waste of radio. I wish 610 would stream. :banghead:

610 is much worse then 810 AM. On 810 it is mainly just KK that spews bullshit. On the other hand the entire crew of 610 spews bullshit nonstop. It is all they do. At least on 810 if K starts talking crazy one or more of the other guys will start disagreeing with him, and they will get into an argument. On 610 AM Rhonda starts spewing BS and those other two bums just agree with her and they continue with their BS for the next hour unimpeded.

beavis
08-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah, Mr. Kauffman put plenty of provisions in to protect the franchise. That said, people always forget that Glass was the head of the board of directors when Kauffman passed away... he was the guy who Mr. K wanted to take control of the team... and Glass refused to do it for about 7-8 years... for the reasons you see now, all the criticism he'd knew he'd get. I really don't think he'd stab Mr. K in the back.

I think the Chiefs are far more likely a candidate to move somewhere. There'd be a LOT of money to be made if you moved them and gave them a brand new stadium. Getting a small market MLB team with the current state of the MLB ecomony would not be a very good investment. Maybe if you moved them to a large market it'd be better, but there aren't any large markets like LA sitting out there like in the NFL.
Exactly. I really hate to see people slamming Glass for the moronic, conspiracty theorist reasons they do. They guy gets a really bad rap. He's doing us a huge favor by owning this team and keeping them in town. I wish more people were capable of understanding that.

As sad as it is, I think you're right. It's a longshot that it would ever even come close to happening, but it's not impossible to think that LA could make an offer that they just couldn't turn down. Especially if Lamar is gone and Jr. is left to run the team.

beavis
08-03-2005, 04:20 PM
I get really irked at Kietzman when he whines about asinine bullshit like the Texans being on the cover of the media guide, when there are plenty of other things I'd rather hear about. Training camp sound clips, how the Royals got punked the night before... Hell, I'd almost rather hear them talk about golf. Ok, maybe that's going a bit far.

Bowser
08-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I remember when Keitzman used to bitch about 980 nonstop, making (deserved) pokes at them. Now, it seems like his show and Crunchtime are doing their best to be the next 980.

KChiefs1
08-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I can't listen to 810 anymore because they don't talk about anything other than their golf games or how to start a grill.

Boring....