PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 NFL Season Openers (security)

Logical
08-03-2005, 01:24 PM
It just dawned on me how bad the screening will need to be for the September 11 NFL schedule of games. Anniversary of 9/11 and all those filled stadiums as potential targets! A full schedule all around the country to protect against some sort of terrorist threat.

Has anyone read anything on this subject or heard reports about what may be done?

Fried Meat Ball!
08-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Duck and cover, Vlib. Duck and cover.

jspchief
08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I don't really think it will be much different, at least at Arrowhead.

I went to the Giants game after the 9/11 attacks (first game after attacks) and it was pretty much the same as it is now.

Logical
08-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Hopefully since this a football related thread it was OK to put in this forum. I wanted a wider audience than it would have received in the DC forum.

Logical
08-03-2005, 01:31 PM
I don't really think it will be much different, at least at Arrowhead.

I went to the Giants game after the 9/11 attacks (first game after attacks) and it was pretty much the same as it is now.

I may be wrong, but there has been more than one 9/11 incident (I remember reading that on a 9/11 previous to 2001 something had occured) so the anniversary of that date seems to hold some sort of significance. I hope I am wrong, but I hope we are prepared in the horrible event something might be planned.

jspchief
08-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I may be wrong, but there has been more than one 9/11 incident (I remember reading that on a 9/11 previous to 2001 something had occured) so the anniversary of that date seems to hold some sort of significance. I hope I am wrong, but I hope we are prepared in the horrible event something might be planned.It might make sense to be more careful/alert on that day. I just don't think it will happen. I think the general feeling at least here in the midwest is that it won't happen to us.

KC Dan
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
It might make sense to be more careful/alert on that day. I just don't think it will happen. I think the general feeling at least here in the midwest is that it won't happen to us.
Famous last words - Remember OK City? No one is safe at least 100% safe

jspchief
08-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Famous last words - Remember OK City? No one is safe at least 100% safeThat may be true. But I don't think most people believe it, whether they should or not.

Personally, I'm playing the odds. I like my chances to not be hurt by a terrorist attack.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
How about the chances that IF there ever were a nuclear attack, Whiteman AFB (only 70 miles or so from KC) would be a prime target because it houses the largest fleet (or squadron or whatever) of B2s? Personally, I don't WANT to live in a nuclear holocaust, so I'm glad I'm within 12 miles of WAFB... if it is attacked, I won't even see the flash of light.

Saulbadguy
08-03-2005, 01:49 PM
How about the chances that IF there ever were a nuclear attack, Whiteman AFB (only 70 miles or so from KC) would be a prime target because it houses the largest fleet (or squadron or whatever) of B2s? Personally, I don't WANT to live in a nuclear holocaust, so I'm glad I'm within 12 miles of WAFB... if it is attacked, I won't even see the flash of light.
According to this sheep rag, we are going to be attacked..gasp..this weekend!

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45313

Donger
08-03-2005, 01:49 PM

let's just say that the security around Whiteman is, well, impressive.

Donger
08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
According to this sheep rag, we are going to be attacked..gasp..this weekend!

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45313

Wow. ROFL

But the most disturbing news is that high level U.S. officials now believe at least some of those weapons have been smuggled into the U.S. for use in the near future in major cities as part of this "American Hiroshima" plan.

According to Williams, former CIA Director George Tenet informed President Bush one month after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that at least two suitcase nukes had reached al-Qaida operatives in the U.S.

"Each suitcase weighed between 50 and 80 kilograms (approximately 110 to 176 pounds) and contained enough fissionable plutonium and uranium to produce an explosive yield in excess of two kilotons," wrote Williams. "One suitcase bore the serial number 9999 and the Russian manufacturing date of 1988. The design of the weapons, Tenet told the president, is simple. The plutonium and uranium are kept in separate compartments that are linked to a triggering mechanism that can be activated by a clock or a call from the cell phone."

Raiderhader
08-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Hopefully since this a football related thread it was OK to put in this forum. I wanted a wider audience than it would have received in the DC forum.

There is nothing political about this thread, it should be perfectly fine in this forum.

If it gets moved as is, I'm starting a revolt.

Saulbadguy
08-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow. ROFL

But the most disturbing news is that high level U.S. officials now believe at least some of those weapons have been smuggled into the U.S. for use in the near future in major cities as part of this "American Hiroshima" plan.

According to Williams, former CIA Director George Tenet informed President Bush one month after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks that at least two suitcase nukes had reached al-Qaida operatives in the U.S.

"Each suitcase weighed between 50 and 80 kilograms (approximately 110 to 176 pounds) and contained enough fissionable plutonium and uranium to produce an explosive yield in excess of two kilotons," wrote Williams. "One suitcase bore the serial number 9999 and the Russian manufacturing date of 1988. The design of the weapons, Tenet told the president, is simple. The plutonium and uranium are kept in separate compartments that are linked to a triggering mechanism that can be activated by a clock or a call from the cell phone."
This is why most people laugh when WND is quoted as a source.

jspchief
08-03-2005, 01:54 PM
There is nothing political about this thread, it should be perfectly fine in this forum.

If it gets moved as is, I'm starting a revolt.I thought you were already revolting.

Donger
08-03-2005, 01:56 PM
This is why most people laugh when WND is quoted as a source.

I was laughing about have plutonium AND uranium in a single weapon. It's been a while, but I'm relatively sure that would be a fizzle.

Raiderhader
08-03-2005, 01:57 PM
I thought you were already revolting.

Shhh! It's still in the secret stages.

BTW, scheduling change, the Sons of Liberty meeting has been moved up to THIS Saturday night.

Fried Meat Ball!
08-03-2005, 01:58 PM
let's just say that the security around Whiteman is, well, impressive.
I was a staff writer at my newspaper when 9/11 happened, and a short time after Rumsfeld spoke at WAFB. I was told to be there at 2 p.m. to load the bus across the highway (actually, a coworker was supposed to be there, but forgot his license, so I went instead). Anyway, I speak from experience when I tell you that if you are not EARLY to load the bus, you WILL have an M-16 stuck in your face.

chefsos
08-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Maybe I've missed something, but I don't see Muslim terrorists as really paying as much attention to dates and anniversaries as we do. They seem to just bide their time; if it takes a week, 5 years, 10 years. They're into maximum body count and impact, whenever or wherever. McVeigh's group was definitely worked up about hitting on the Waco anniversary, however. JMO

Ari Chi3fs
08-03-2005, 02:50 PM
well if they do attack again on 9/11 and hit football stadiums, lets hope they hit the Donkos and Raiderz. mwha hah a ha ha...

BigRedChief
08-03-2005, 03:01 PM
well if they do attack again on 9/11 and hit football stadiums, lets hope they hit the Donkos and Raiderz. mwha hah a ha ha...

Your a bad man.:shake:

chefsos
08-03-2005, 03:21 PM

They need to consult the NFL schedule and hit 'em when they play each other. Nukes are expensive!

Logical
08-03-2005, 04:51 PM
That may be true. But I don't think most people believe it, whether they should or not.

Personally, I'm playing the odds. I like my chances to not be hurt by a terrorist attack.

I am not asking about the people of the BB fearing it, I am asking if there has been any word on extra security measures being taken, much like they do for the Super Bowl, Marh Madness and the NBA Finals.

jspchief
08-03-2005, 04:58 PM
I am not asking about the people of the BB fearing it, I am asking if there has been any word on extra security measures being taken, much like they do for the Super Bowl, Marh Madness and the NBA Finals.Which takes us back to my original post.

Security was at it's pinnacle the week after the original attack, and while it may have been more in depth than the previous game, it hasn't relaxed or been any different since IMO. It's basically a half ass effort to be secure.

The point I was getting at with the "no one really cares" statements was that the security is lax and I don't see it changing because no one cares enough to point out that it is mostly a waste of time.

Adept Havelock
08-03-2005, 06:29 PM
I may be wrong, but there has been more than one 9/11 incident (I remember reading that on a 9/11 previous to 2001 something had occured) so the anniversary of that date seems to hold some sort of significance. I hope I am wrong, but I hope we are prepared in the horrible event something might be planned.

After the attacks, there were numerous references (mistaken ones) to the Burning of Washington DC by the British in 1814, which some were stating occurred on 11 September 1814. The actual date was 24/25 August 1814. This may be what you were thinking of.

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/washingtonsack.htm

StcChief
08-03-2005, 07:43 PM
If it's gonna happen....not much I can do about it.

Question any towel heads that come to the football stadiums.
and :Bartee: :Bartee: them.

I'd be more concerned about the big opener party on Thursday before weekend games.

Logical
08-03-2005, 08:23 PM
After the attacks, there were numerous references (mistaken ones) to the Burning of Washington DC by the British in 1814, which some were stating occurred on 11 September 1814. The actual date was 24/25 August 1814. This may be what you were thinking of.

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/washingtonsack.htmNope these were the two events:

The world was introduced to terrorism at the 1972 Munich Olympic Games. These games ended on September 11, 1972

On September 11, 1990 President George Bush (Sr.) made a dramatic speech to Congress, outlining the US position in the Kuwait crisis, and the preliminary steps the US was taking towards the Gulf War. Exactly 11 years later, on September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked America

Ari Chi3fs
08-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Lord, please forgive me. I am a shitbag.

Nzoner
08-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Ok that did it,anyone need two tickets to the home opener?

:D Like hell,if something does happen I couldn't think of a better way to go,well,maybe one.