PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with experience using the handicap seating area at Arrowhead?

Big Slick
08-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Anybody ever use the handicap seating area in sections 127/128? My brother had a stroke last spring and is now pretty much confined to a wheel chair. He can walk some, but not enough to deal with gameday Arrowhead crowds. I've called the ticket office to see what I've got to do to take him to a game, and they have a first come/first served seating area that can accomodate a wheelchair plus one regular seat. Apparently, as long as you've got any tix to the game, those seats are available. They said get there early. My question is, just how early? Anybody out there with experience on this? Anything else I should know about (restrooms/concessions/etc.)?

Thanks alot!

BigRedChief
08-03-2005, 03:41 PM
You are okay getting there about an hour early. The elevators are not far from the handicap zones. The fans are usually pretty good about giving the wheelchairs a wide berth. The nearest restroom is always handicap accessible. Just get their early and get your seat and you'll be fine.

UTChief
08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes I have I went last december. I was real early but I didn't half to be they let me in a totaly diferent entrance and down the ramp and I was there, verry easy acualy.

Big Slick
08-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks to both you guys for your help!

UTChief
08-03-2005, 04:06 PM
I forgot one thing you will want to show up early because the handicap parking fills up fast. It is the whole front row but you would be suprized how many people borrow a handicap placard just to park in front.

Ari Chi3fs
08-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I stood there in the Handicap area in 1995, when Lin Elliot botched the final fieldgoal... but I didnt kick anyone in a wheelchair or anything... and I didnt see anyone else do that either... so it should be safe.

UTChief
08-03-2005, 05:50 PM
I need to add I had bought my seats for the handicap section and everyone around me had the same (tickets for that section only) and their was an usher at the bottom of the ramp checking tickets, I was at the top of section 110 and they might be talking about a different area, were I was you had to have a ticket to sit their.

Big Slick
08-03-2005, 06:02 PM
I've got season tickets upstairs, and the Chiefs ticket office told me that those tickets would get me in, as long as they're not filled up. I asked him the sections, he said at the top of 127 and 128. I'll probably call again when it gets closer just to be sure. Thanks again.