PDA

View Full Version : I like big backpacks, and I cannot lie!

Taco John
08-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Target Resurrects 'Baby Got Back'

UPDATED: 11:51 am EDT August 3, 2005

NEW YORK -- Remember "Baby Got Back?"

It's back -- this time in a cleaned-up version being used by Target department stores to hawk back-to-school wares, like backpacks.

But wait, wasn't that song about the well-endowed female derriere?

Yes, but it now has a "G-rated" pedigree, thanks to some careful editing from the Target ad people.

Some might be put off by the campaign -- after all, MTV even barred the song during the daytime because of the rump-shaking women in the video.

But ad executives tell the New York Post the ad is a great idea because it targets parents who remember the song and are likely to have kids in school these days.

Taco John
08-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Not really sure why I posted this. I guess I thought it was funny.

Rain Man
08-03-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm not really sure why you posted this.

Delano
08-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Big backpacks are fantastic!

http://www.spireusa.com/images/VX4_full7.jpg

morphius
08-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I don't know, they sang it on Friends, so it can't be all to evil, hehe.

Pants
08-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Has anybody heard "Amadeus, Amadeus" being sung to the "Im a playa, I'm a playa?"

ZootedGranny
08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Metrolike, cmon man, you've got to be kidding.

Pants
08-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Metrolike, cmon man, you've got to be kidding.

Hahahaha, I know dude. I felt gay just for hearing that at some store...

Sure-Oz
08-03-2005, 05:54 PM
JanSport was the shit when i went to HS.

Taco John
08-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Has anybody heard "Amadeus, Amadeus" being sung to the "Im a playa, I'm a playa?"

Hell yeah! KC's very own!

ZootedGranny
08-03-2005, 05:55 PM
And I've heard the Target commercial, and it's as horrible as you'd imagine.

But I read an interview a while back where Sir Mix A Lot said the only reason he made a shitty ringtone parody of "Baby Got Back" was that the company offered him six figures.

Pants
08-03-2005, 05:56 PM
JanSport was the shit when i went to HS.

Wow dude, all the "cool" kids get Northface and Lowe Alpine today. :rolleyes:

Pants
08-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Hell yeah! KC's very own!

TECH NIIINNNNNNE!

Taco John
08-03-2005, 05:58 PM
I dig Tech...

http://www.therealtechn9ne.com/Video/vid12mh.html

Taco John
08-03-2005, 06:01 PM
TEch N9ne actually reminds me of a modern day SirMix-a-Lot... Maybe it's because he's in a place that you don't normally associate with rap, ala. Seattle and Mix...

ZootedGranny
08-03-2005, 06:25 PM
I think Tech N9ne is constantly overlooked, but simultaneously also overrated.

I think he does enough stylistically to seperate himself from other rapid fire spitters like Twista, but his production is holding him back. That's my biggest problem with the Kansas City sound...it's mostly a watered down replica of mid 90s west coast music. Tech's production isn't as much anymore, but he chooses really thin, low fi sounding beats.

I really dug Anghellic. In fact, I had a bootleg of it damn near a year before it came out, listened to it nearly every day, went out and bought the retail copy and continued to play it. Absolute Power was a letdown to me. I get past the intro, and I am assaulted with one of the hardest Tech tracks I've ever heard with "The Industry Is Punks."

"I can deal if you don't like the drum and the bass/
If you can deal with a mother****in gun in your face"

I wasn't expecting an attack on the industry on the rest of the tracks, and I knew going in it wasn't going to be as introspective as Anghellic, but even the club tracks were bad club tracks.

I'm looking forward to Everready, but I hope he comes harder.

One last thing, he should stomp out Ludacris for lifting part of his style. I like Ludacris in spots, but Luda took Tech's style of emphasizing words and ran with it. In fact, if you listen to Luda's "Southern Fried Intro" off of "Chicken and Beer" its a poor attempt at jacking Tech's flow from "The Industry is Punks."

Taco John
08-03-2005, 06:27 PM
I think you just described why he reminds me of a modern day Mixalot... Especially Swass... But even if the production wasn't there, I loved that album... In fact, it's the only one I liked from Mix...

Pants
08-03-2005, 06:28 PM
I think Tech N9ne is constantly overlooked, but simultaneously also overrated.

I think he does enough stylistically to seperate himself from other rapid fire spitters like Twista, but his production is holding him back. That's my biggest problem with the Kansas City sound...it's mostly a watered down replica of mid 90s west coast music. Tech's production isn't as much anymore, but he chooses really thin, low fi sounding beats.

I really dug Anghellic. In fact, I had a bootleg of it damn near a year before it came out, listened to it nearly every day, went out and bought the retail copy and continued to play it. Absolute Power was a letdown to me. I get past the intro, and I am assaulted with one of the hardest Tech tracks I've ever heard with "The Industry Is Punks."

"I can deal if you don't like the drum and the bass/
If you can deal with a mother****in gun in your face"

I wasn't expecting an attack on the industry on the rest of the tracks, and I knew going in it wasn't going to be as introspective as Anghellic, but even the club tracks were bad club tracks.

I'm looking forward to Everready, but I hope he comes harder.

One last thing, he should stomp out Ludacris for lifting part of his style. I like Ludacris in spots, but Luda took Tech's style of emphasizing words and ran with it. In fact, if you listen to Luda's "Southern Fried Intro" off of "Chicken and Beer" its a poor attempt at jacking Tech's flow from "The Industry is Punks."

I dig your KK avatar.

Ari Chi3fs
08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
I think you just described why he reminds me of a modern day Mixalot... Especially Swass... But even if the production wasn't there, I loved that album... In fact, it's the only one I liked from Mix...

Swass. torrent

http://torrentreactor.net/download.php?id=5130663

heh. been looking for this for awhile. :-)