PDA

View Full Version : t-mobile phones

irishjayhawk
08-03-2005, 11:13 PM
I am looking to buy a new phone for t-mobile. I am really interested in the Razr but am open to others. I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

I prefer, but am not limited to, flip phones. It needs to be able to do basic calling, perhaps texting and overall just perform well. I won't be emailing, surfing the web etc.

Suggestions?

ArrowheadHawk
08-03-2005, 11:14 PM
my suggestion is switch to verizon

Ninjaman
08-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Locked in ?

RedDread
08-04-2005, 12:12 AM
I like my T-Mobile, got a normally $250 phone for $150 (50 instant 50 mail in), and they were (and still are I believe) offering 1000 anytime minutes, no long distance, no roaming for $39.95

It's been very nice, great coverage area and they've won the customer service award from J.D. Power for 3 years running I believe.

No complaints here.

Pants
08-04-2005, 12:16 AM
I recently saw (last night or the one before) an ad saying ATT+Cingular are giving away the Razor if you sign with them.

Saggysack
08-04-2005, 12:35 AM
my suggestion is switch to verizon

Booo! Hisss!!!!

ragedogg69
08-04-2005, 09:21 AM
you couldnt pay me to be with T-Mobile after this last phone. what a POS. the good news? i have a cable on order to hack the hell outta it and get my own ringtones and such.

andoman
08-04-2005, 10:43 AM
FYI, I talked with a dude at the local Cingular store a couple of months ago and he said the Razr was trash.

BTW, Nokia makes a couple of flip phones now.

Uatu
08-04-2005, 10:54 AM
I became irritated with my company recently but I found that they pretty much all have the same deals. I bet there is like $5 difference between the high and low ones on comparable plans.

Of course, some people get lemon phones which is the fault of the manufacturer, and some people live in areas where their signal won't be as strong which isn't the company's fault either, but they are pretty much all the same it seems like.

Soupnazi
08-04-2005, 10:57 AM
My wife works for a company that does cell phone insurance and she was telling me that the Razor has 10 times the frequency of insurance claims that other phones do. Apparently they won't insure them anymore because they break all the time.

Death Nebula
08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
You gotta go Sprint....

irishjayhawk
08-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, I guess that makes me feel more comfortable not forking nout the $200 for the Razr. I would switch, but since my parents are still paying for me :) I have to keep tmobile until i mount enough evidence the other way. Since Sprint just merged with Nextel, I really want them to look at that.

starsbabystars
08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
yep

Dayze
08-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Personally I wouldn't use a carrier still using GSM (ATT/Cingular) technology, etc. Especially wouldn't use Nextel (IDN) as it's about maxed out from a bandwidth standpoint (thus their willingness to sell to Sprint)
TMmob I'm sure is CDMA (like Verizon/Sprint,etc)

I've seen the Razor, it's a nice phone.

|Zach|
08-04-2005, 07:01 PM
I am looking to buy a new phone for t-mobile. I am really interested in the Razr but am open to others. I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.

I prefer, but am not limited to, flip phones. It needs to be able to do basic calling, perhaps texting and overall just perform well. I won't be emailing, surfing the web etc.

Suggestions?If you pick the phone without that then you deserve what you get.

:)ROFL

Bill Lundberg
08-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I have a RAZR and it kicks ass

irishjayhawk
08-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Indeed.

irishjayhawk
08-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Personally I wouldn't use a carrier still using GSM (ATT/Cingular) technology, etc. Especially wouldn't use Nextel (IDN) as it's about maxed out from a bandwidth standpoint (thus their willingness to sell to Sprint)
TMmob I'm sure is CDMA (like Verizon/Sprint,etc)

I've seen the Razor, it's a nice phone.
Tmobile is GSM

Dayze
08-04-2005, 07:36 PM
I stand corrected.
:clap:

don't GSM phones have the chip/card where you can trasfer from phone to phone (with you addresses, phone numbers, etc) by simply placing the chip in the new phone? I think so.....but can't recall. I think those chips are specific to GSM.

irishjayhawk
08-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Yes, they do. However, being a retarded industry, the phone companies lock their p hones. You would have to unlock them, buy them unlocked or settle with the phones they offer. PErsonally i think its crap we can't choose what phone we want.