PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Story of Training Camp...this team is taking it too easy.

htismaqe
08-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Unfortunately, mother nature decided to run a little electrical interference between me and 610, so I was forced to get my Chiefs fix listening to WHB on the way home. Let me recap:

Keitzman -- the REAL story of camp is that this team is taking it way too easy. I guarantee you the Royals are working harder than the Chiefs. With a defense this bad, you have to be working harder.

Caller -- Hey Keitz, I think you got this wrong.

Keitzman -- Oh yeah? Well, were you even at camp?

Caller -- Actually I was there for 3 days and I saw Priest get a concussion.

Keitzman -- Really? Well I've been to thousands of camps and you're wrong. These guys are taking it easy."

Caller -- Well, it's really only the older offensive guys.

Keitzman -- Oh yeah? Well, Marty never ran HIS practices this way. He ran guys into the ground and they had real chemistry.

Caller -- Well, Vermeil had won a Super Bowl and Marty hasn't.

Keitzman -- I dont' know why you guys are attacking me. I'm not prognosticating, I'm not predicting anything. I'm just telling you guys the way it is. This team is taking it easy.

the Talking Can
08-04-2005, 06:31 PM
lol...the Marty line was perfect

Count Alex's Losses
08-04-2005, 06:32 PM
F*cktard.

ENDelt260
08-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Is this a parody?

siberian khatru
08-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Is this a parody?

Goddamn you, you stole my line. The extra glass of wine dulled my reflexes. :)

KCFalcon59
08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
What a tool. KK can go **** himself. Thousands of camps my ass. he should STFD and STFU

Baby Lee
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Too bad none of those 'thousands' of camps Keitz went to were with the Rams, where DV ran the team to death for 3 years [averaging 4-12 records], the team revolted, he relented on the regimen, and the team went to the SB.

htismaqe
08-04-2005, 06:43 PM
I wish it were a parody.

I'm dead serious.

jspchief
08-04-2005, 06:48 PM
I listened to KK for the first time yesterday, and it was absolutely brutal. I don't know how KC can have such sh*tty sports radio in comparison to Des Moines.

I also find it funny that KXNO gets better Chiefs updates than 810.

Mecca
08-04-2005, 06:49 PM
If I had a dollar for every time Keitzman started talking about the chiefs and said something stupid I'd be a rich man. Someone should just tell him to report the facts and quit giving opinions when it comes to football, he gets dumber by the year.

His line about the Royals working harder is pure comedy gold. Best part is the guy point out obvious facts to him and him freaking out about being attacked.

I love when radio guys get big heads and think they are the story. I'd like for Carl Peterson to agree to be on his show, walk into the studio and punch him square in the face.

ENDelt260
08-04-2005, 06:52 PM
His line about the Royals working harder is pure comedy gold.

That's the one that most lead to my parody question.

Phobia
08-04-2005, 07:09 PM
I've had actual contact with KK one time. He was on a remote during a lengthy break and I walked up to introduce myself. I explained that I was involved with 37 Forever and also ChiefsPlanet. He responded "okay" and kinda left it at that.... uh - I'm not a hard guy to have an actual conversation with and I'm not intimidated by radio boy.... The fact that he had absolutely no interest in me doesn't surprise nor bother me, but I sure wish he had taken 10 seconds out of his day to inquire further about the Planet and 37 Forever. I wasn't very impressed with the guy.

ENDelt260
08-04-2005, 07:11 PM
I've had actual contact with KK one time. He was on a remote during a lengthy break and I walked up to introduce myself. I explained that I was involved with 37 Forever and also ChiefsPlanet. He responded "okay" and kinda left it at that.... uh - I'm not a hard guy to have an actual conversation with and I'm not intimidated by radio boy.... The fact that he had absolutely no interest in me doesn't surprise nor bother me, but I sure wish he had taken 10 seconds out of his day to inquire further about the Planet and 37 Forever. I wasn't very impressed with the guy.
He probably would've warmed up to you more if you'd just shaken his hand like a normal person instead of squeezing his ass.

Mecca
08-04-2005, 07:13 PM

5 bucks says if you had told him you had some involvement with anything involving the Royals or George Brett. Not only would he have talked you to you, you'd have got on air to discuss what it is that you do.

Phobia
08-04-2005, 07:17 PM
He probably would've warmed up to you more if you'd just shaken his hand like a normal person instead of squeezing his ass.

Oh - come on. A lot of guys like the ass-shake greeting.

htismaqe
08-04-2005, 07:19 PM
That's the one that most lead to my parody question.

And it's the one line in the whole thing that I could have put QUOTES around.

He said, and I quote, "I'll tell you this much. The Royals are working harder than the Chiefs."

HemiEd
08-04-2005, 08:03 PM

Sounds like his ego is out of control, I run into these kind pretty often it seems like. What a jackass.

Bowser
08-04-2005, 09:16 PM
I really used to enjoy that station, but Keitzman has turned it to a complete self-fluff fest. He knows more than callers, general managers, coaches, players, you name it.

He's all about self promotion and sounding important in his own ears. What a waste.

And yes, save Petro, I'll agree that sports talk radio in this town sucks.

jiveturkey
08-04-2005, 09:21 PM
And yes, save Petro, I'll agree that sports talk radio in this town sucks.
I also dig Petro but I don't get 810 at my desk so I time my lunch break around his show.

Did the Star ban reporters from talking to 810?

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Did the Star ban reporters from talking to 810?Yes, back when 610 went on the air. Was hoping when Quitlock left they would rescind that, but it must be some kind of legally binding agreement.

jiveturkey
08-04-2005, 09:28 PM
When they ask us to cough up $310 million for Arrowhead can we throw in another $1 million and get ourselves some professional radio personalities?

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Seriously. It's just awful right now.

HemiEd
08-04-2005, 09:33 PM
When they ask us to cough up $310 million for Arrowhead can we throw in another $1 million and get ourselves some professional radio personalities?

What a great idea.

Seriously. It's just awful right now.

That is sad, I heard the KK guy driving through KC on the way back one day. He got me kind of ticked with all of his neg shit, but that is the only time I have ever heard him.

Saulbadguy
08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Yeah right.

Dayze
08-04-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't know the guy at all, but when I'm polite to someone and introduce myself, etc; if they're rude, I'm quick to point out they're being a GD prick.
I would have been (as I'm sure you were) pissed when he basically gave you the cold shoulder when you brought the 37 FF .

I have met DA from 610; man, that guy was class. Talked to you like he knew you from back in the day. No high horse with him. a 'one of the guys' kinda guy. The complete opposite of KK, it appears.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 09:42 PM
I have met DA from 610; man, that guy was class. Talked to you like he knew you from back in the day. No high horse with him. a 'one of the guys' kinda guy. The complete opposite of KK, it appears.Well, hopefully he won't change. But he's young. Give it some time.

Phobia
08-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't know the guy at all, but when I'm polite to someone and introduce myself, etc; if they're rude, I'm quick to point out they're being a GD prick.
I would have been (as I'm sure you were) pissed when he basically gave you the cold shoulder when you brought the 37 FF .

I have met DA from 610; man, that guy was class. Talked to you like he knew you from back in the day. No high horse with him. a 'one of the guys' kinda guy. The complete opposite of KK, it appears.

KK wasn't rude, FWIW. He just wasn't interested. Maybe he was having a bad day or had something on his mind. But it wasn't because he was in a hurry to go back live because he had a significant amount of time after I made the introduction. Regardless of the reason, he made a poor impression with me. I guess maybe I should have pretended to be interested in buying some ad time.

I sat next to DA at one of the games last year. Kick ass guy. He asked about 37 Forever.

Deberg_1990
08-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I sat next to DA at one of the games last year. Kick ass guy. He asked about 37 Forever.

Whos DA??

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Damon Amendolara. 6-9 am host on 610.

Also hosts the upcoming "The Kendrell Bell Show", Thursdays at 6.

htismaqe
08-04-2005, 09:54 PM
It's cool to hear DA is classy in person.

His potty-humor show sucks ass.

Dayze
08-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, hopefully he won't change. But he's young. Give it some time.
ROFL

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 09:57 PM
That's me, always believing in he inherent goodness of humanity!

Dayze
08-04-2005, 09:59 PM
It's cool to hear DA is classy in person.

His potty-humor show sucks ass.
:p
I guess that's why enjoy listening to him; I too have 3rd grade humor.

After listening to
Whitlock - sounds like he's just getting a paycheck
Maas - Rude and inconsiderate
Grunhard - babbling fool
KK - Arrogant a-hole

DA was refreshing to me.

Deberg_1990
08-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Also hosts the upcoming "The Kendrell Bell Show", Thursdays at 6.

Kendrell Bell already has a local show?? Dude has only been in town about 10 minutes.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 10:01 PM
I like DA, except I think he spends too much time on his shtick. Hearing the same gags for 3 hours, and then sometimes a week or more, occasionally gets old. I had the same problem with Renshaw.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Kendrell Bell already has a local show?? Dude has only been in town about 10 minutes.Used to be Dante Hall's show. Not sure why Dante isn't doing it.

According to DA on the air the other day, Bell's pretty intense, too, so it may be more of a serious X's and O's show. We'll see, I guess.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Speaking of Dante, I'm not sure if there's something going on with him and some 610 personalities or what. Grunhard the other day sounded like he was on the verge of saying something about him, with that twit co-host of his egging him on, but he wouldn't say anything.

chiefs4me
08-04-2005, 10:31 PM
hmm, my little birdie told me that DV was so impressed with how the team was working out that he was rethinking retiring...:)

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Vermeil has been having second thoughts publicly about retiring since Februrary or so. I'm not sure why it's such a big story locally right now.

tomahawk kid
08-05-2005, 07:23 AM
...or had something on his mind.

Probably was thinking about getting blown by his "intern" while driving through Mission Hills.

I think my disdain for KK is well known here, but let me say this. I've never met anyone in my life in more dire need of an a$$-kicking than this clown.

He's basically a high school cheerleader who feel into a sweet radio gig financed by a shady ex-car salesman. He knows nothing about MOST of the sports he covers and carries personal grudges onto the air.

Saying that the guy is a babbling a$$ would be the understatement of the century. Judging by the latest rating published in the Star a few months back, it looks like the KC Metro is finally starting to wise up about local Sports Talk Radio. Thank God......

KCTitus
08-05-2005, 07:59 AM
It's been a couple of years since I last heard KK at camp...I made the mistake of going on the stream one evening because there was going to be some talk about camp with KK...well, that was a great day because KK and Jack Harry were on with some other lackey going on and on about the same exact thing--I believe this was prior to the 2002 season.

They were tee-heeing about how the team had no heart and this club was screwed and naturally fell into the whole Bob Moore/Carl Peterson stories which basically made KK and Harry sound like a couple of jilted prom dates.

Probably the worst 'sports' show I have ever heard...My other faves were the drug ring that will 'Shake the foundations of the NFL' and of course the one that started it all, the Tait singing/rushing off to the airport fiasco where KK aired his dirty laundry about Peterson and then proclaimed Peterson's 'days were numbered'.

It's good to know that some things havent changed.

BigRedChief
08-05-2005, 08:26 AM
Is this a parody?

Nope. I heard that phone call also. Pretty much the way it went.

Iowanian
08-05-2005, 08:37 AM
KK and Jack Handy have both been complete dicks about the Chiefs all week.

I'd like to piss in their coffee pot.

htismaqe
08-05-2005, 08:40 AM
I like DA, except I think he spends too much time on his shtick. Hearing the same gags for 3 hours, and then sometimes a week or more, occasionally gets old. I had the same problem with Renshaw.

The difference between Renshaw and DA is spontenaity. Renshaw was wild and crazy. DA is overly rehearsed. It's just not funny when you have to try that hard.