PDA

View Full Version : Gun is not the only reason that the defensive attitude has

Tuckdaddy
08-04-2005, 06:46 PM
changed. Surtain, Knight and Bell simply don't settle for second best. I love their interviews. They are leaders who will inspire the whole defense. This may be the biggest reason we get better.

|Zach|
08-04-2005, 06:47 PM
I have gone passed how much players and coaches "want it" in interviews. I am ready to see things happen on the field of play. I think they will and I am excited as shit but the rah rah interviews do nothing for me.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 06:48 PM
I have gone passed how much players and coaches "want it" in interviews. I am ready to see things happen on the field of play. I think they will and I am excited as shit but the rah rah interviews do nothing for me.

Ok Laz. :)

Dick Bull
08-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I think they will and I am excited as shit but the rah rah interviews do nothing for me.

Try listening to them sitting naked in a bathtup of strawberry jello.

Your outlook might change.

Mosbonian
08-04-2005, 06:56 PM

I guess the difference between everyone else on the Chiefs who have done the "rah rah" interviews and Surtain, Knight, and Bell is that the latter three have done it on the field before.

mmaddog

|Zach|
08-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok Laz. :)I know right.

I remember Steve Bono doing an interview a long time ago saying all the same stuff...I remember Barber when he came here from the Eagles talking about how average would not be good enough and would not be tolerated.

Alright then.

Let's see it fellas.

|Zach|
08-04-2005, 06:58 PM
I guess the difference between everyone else on the Chiefs who have done the "rah rah" interviews and Surtain, Knight, and Bell is that the latter three have done it on the field before.

mmaddog
*******I agree. I am very excited about these guys and I don't have a problem with them doing the interviews and I think they will get the job done but I have heard the same tripe from past players who didn't quite live up to it.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 07:00 PM
I'll relax and believe the first time I see of of the new guys knock another player into next year.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I know right.

I remember Steve Bono doing an interview a long time ago saying all the same stuff...I remember Barber when he came here from the Eagles talking about how average would not be good enough and would not be tolerated.

Alright then.

Let's see it fellas.

I'm just messing with you. I'm with you, though. I believe they'll be better, but will see it for sure when they play.

Logical
08-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Gun is not the only reason that the defensive attitude has... sucked. ROFL The players get some of the blame as well.

Mosbonian
08-04-2005, 07:15 PM
I agree. I am very excited about these guys and I don't have a problem with them doing the interviews and I think they will get the job done but I have heard the same tripe from past players who didn't quite live up to it.

The last good F/A Defensive acquisition (IMO) we made was James Hasty
and he changed the defense by a no-nonsense attitude. It rubbed off on his running mate on the other side of the field, and we had a couple of DB's that were All Pro....

It is my opinion that Surtain and Knight will turn the clock back on the Defensive Secondary and make them formidable again. My only concern for the Defense is seeing DJ fulfill his potential, and for Kendrell Bell to play injury-free. If both of those happen, it will put less pressure on the D-line, where I feel we are still weak.

mmaddog

|Zach|
08-04-2005, 07:27 PM
I remember a lot of the same talk when Barber came around.

|Zach|
08-04-2005, 07:31 PM
I remember a lot of the same talk when Barber came around.Again, I feel this time around itll be different...

Just say'n.

:)

suds79
08-04-2005, 07:39 PM
changed. Surtain, Knight and Bell simply don't settle for second best. I love their interviews. They are leaders who will inspire the whole defense. This may be the biggest reason we get better.

I'm of the belief that coaching is somewhat overated. Overated a little in football and a lot in other sports (ex:basketball)

I don't think it's in Surtain, Knight & Bell's attitude at all.

I simply think it's in their talent.

|Zach|
08-04-2005, 07:41 PM
I don't think it's in Surtain, Knight & Bell's attitude at all.

Ever played football?

Valiant
08-04-2005, 07:44 PM

No shit, enough TC and preseason tough guys.. Back the shit up on the field...

Valiant
08-04-2005, 07:48 PM
The last good F/A Defensive acquisition (IMO) we made was James Hasty
and he changed the defense by a no-nonsense attitude. It rubbed off on his running mate on the other side of the field, and we had a couple of DB's that were All Pro....

It is my opinion that Surtain and Knight will turn the clock back on the Defensive Secondary and make them formidable again. My only concern for the Defense is seeing DJ fulfill his potential, and for Kendrell Bell to play injury-free. If both of those happen, it will put less pressure on the D-line, where I feel we are still weak.

mmaddog

Then we still do not have anybody to inspire Hicks or Sims...

milkman
08-04-2005, 08:42 PM
I'll relax and believe the first time I see of of the new guys knock another player into next year.

I expect one of the new guys to knock another player into next year.

I'll relax and believe the first time I see one of the returning players knock another player into next year.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I still don't know why Hicks is still on the team. Maybe they would've released him if there would've been some decent DE's out there in FA this past offseason.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 08:47 PM
I still don't know why Hicks is still on the team. Maybe they would've released him if there would've been some decent DE's out there in FA this past offseason.He's an effort guy. Vermeil loves overachievers. Even when they're no longer overachieving.