PDA

View Full Version : DV names the Chiefs "fastest player" of 2005

B_Ambuehl
08-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Alright here's the first one. DV said DJ "might be the fastest player on this football team".

Last year he said that about probably 5 different players so we'll see who's next.

tommykat
08-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Alright here's the first one. DV said DJ "might be the fastest player on this football team".

Last year he said that about probably 5 different players so we'll see who's next.

source?:rolleyes:

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 10:29 PM
He could be the fastest linebacker we've ever had. I think his "official" workout times were in the 4.55 range, but he supposedly has legit 4.4 speed. Word out of camp from the local yokal media is that he's noticably faster than Donnie Edward$.

keg in kc
08-04-2005, 10:31 PM
source?I don't have a source, but I could swear I heard a soundbite of Vermeil saying something about this or like this either last evening or when I was jogging this morning.

B_Ambuehl
08-04-2005, 10:31 PM
source?

It was in the John Clayton Chiefs report.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120837

"To watch him almost startles you when you compare him to other people running," Vermeil said. "He moves and reacts. He just goes to the ball. He can bend his knees and drop his shoulders. There are two or three different things he does in practice every day that you don't see done. He might be our fastest player."

tommykat
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I don't have a source, but I could swear I heard a soundbite of Vermeil saying something about this or like this either last evening or when I was jogging this morning.

Well, if true...hot dam :clap:

beer bacon
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I don't have a source, but I could swear I heard a soundbite of Vermeil saying something about this or like this either last evening or when I was jogging this morning.

I heard the same thing yesterday.

Brando
08-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Fuggin' A right! We got us a linebacker finally! It will be nice to not have to walk away from the TV when the D steps onto the field this year.

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 10:45 PM
source?:rolleyes:

the angry monkey in my closet

beer bacon
08-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Fuggin' A right! We got us a linebacker finally! It will be nice to not have to walk away from the TV when the D steps onto the field this year.

It seems that this year we might actually even have BACKUP linebackers that are decent.

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 10:46 PM

By the 4th quarter I was too drunk to walk away....

tk13
08-04-2005, 10:48 PM
I bet he's just as fast as anybody we have on defense. Not sure about some of our speedsters on offense though. Pretty scary when you consider how big he is.

Brando
08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
By the 4th quarter I was too drunk to walk away....

By the 4th I was drunk enough to smack the ex around with a sack of oranges and kick the dog down the stairs. EErrrr...I mean I was drunk enough to pass out.

J Diddy
08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
By the 4th I was drunk enough to smack the ex around with a sack of oranges and kick the dog down the stairs. EErrrr...I mean I was drunk enough to pass out.

I look at it look this...

If our defense totally lacked violence, who was I to be violent because of them....

So I got drunk, just like Warfield.....

trndobrd
08-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Could he be converted to Corner Back?

beer bacon
08-04-2005, 10:56 PM

There was some sports media guy saying he was fast enough and good enough of a pass defender that he could cover the slot.

Brando
08-04-2005, 11:01 PM
I look at it look this...

If our defense totally lacked violence, who was I to be violent because of them....

So I got drunk, just like Warfield.....

You got drunk like Warfield. I got toasted like McCleon.

chefsos
08-04-2005, 11:05 PM
There was some sports media guy saying he was fast enough and good enough of a pass defender that he could cover the slot.

I think DJMania has now officially gone out of control. But I like it.

Coach
08-04-2005, 11:07 PM
It would come no suprise to me if he is considered one of the fastest players on the team. There was a blurb in the Texas website awhile ago, where he was one of the top 3 fastest guys on the team.

So I would believe if D. Johnson is the fastest on the team.

Brando
08-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I think DJMania has now officially gone out of control. But I like it.
Can you believe we're actually geeked about someone on D? It's a nice change!

Nightfyre
08-04-2005, 11:11 PM
im so ready for football season. 52" tv + 1000 watt surround sound + inhome bar = killer football parties

I will additionally be recording all the games I can on my computer. Granted, that will be few because I live in MT. :(

chefsos
08-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Can you believe we're actually geeked about someone on D? It's a nice change!

I'm not counting chickens just yet, but it could be nice that when they come back from commercial after a Chiefs punt or kickoff, I'm not dreading what's about to happen.

Nightfyre
08-04-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm not counting chickens just yet, but it could be nice that when they come back from commercial after a Chiefs punt or kickoff, I'm not dreading what's about to happen.
We made the Colts punt last year. We can make anyone punt this year. Its a matter of consistency...

Wallcrawler
08-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Fastest on defense, or fastest on the entire team?

Id like to believe it, but I have a hard time seeing DJ keeping up with either Dante Hall or Samie Parker. Those guys are damn fast.

In any case, the Chiefs finally have some speed at the linebacker position which has been severely lacking in recent years.

Tribal Warfare
08-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Fastest on defense, or fastest on the entire team?

entire team

Braincase
08-05-2005, 06:59 AM
I seem to recall similiar statements, like "Fujita runs like a deer".

Speed is fine. Great. I'm happy... I'll be happier when Kerry Collins and Jake Plummer are wearing their helmets like codpieces believing that they're Batman.

Ari Chi3fs
08-05-2005, 07:23 AM
You got drunk like Warfield. I got toasted like McCleon.

I got benched like Scanlon.

Lzen
08-05-2005, 08:37 AM

I guess I must be a glutton for punishment.
:shake:

But this year's defensive team should be much better and worth sticking around to watch. :thumb:

htismaqe
08-05-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm gonna go dig through my scouting reports. I found one that mentioned DJ's propensity to cause turnovers and his supposed lack of ability to shed blockers. It said something rather profound:

Derrick Johnson might be one of the best pass-coverage LB's to ever play college football.

Dartgod
08-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Only after he's spent a few years at safety.

htismaqe
08-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Found it.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/johnson_derrick_lb

Click on "Analysis" and you'll find:

Johnson is a natural leader with exceptional quickness and is regarded as one of the finest pass defenders to ever play linebacker in the collegiate ranks.