PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch X Games Best Trick last night?

BIG_DADDY
08-05-2005, 10:35 AM
These kids are crazy. Twitch threw a record-breaking 90-foot turndown no-footed backflip with a one handed lander to take it. Hell Kenny Bartrum did a backflip with his whole body off the side bike with only one foot on a peg the entire time and he didn't even place. That body variable is sick, too bad nobody landed one this year.

Scaga
08-05-2005, 10:37 AM
I was flipping through the stations last night. Caught a bit of it.
Dave Mira and then some other dude when back to back crashes. Hurt me just watching.

In the words of Red Forman... "Dumbass"

morphius
08-05-2005, 10:39 AM
All I caught were the last two jumps. I was happy the last guy got up.

Reaper16
08-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Pastrana has the special bike all rigged up where he could barspin, and it broke on him run 1. Who knows what he really had planned for that bike.

Even then, he still placed 2nd on an impropmtu 75ft Seran Wrap backflip, no handed landing thing.

BIG_DADDY
08-05-2005, 10:42 AM
I was flipping through the stations last night. Caught a bit of it.
Dave Mira and then some other dude when back to back crashes. Hurt me just watching.

In the words of Red Forman... "Dumbass"

The guy that knocked himself out right? They finally get him scraped off the dirt and he has a big grin on his face when they interview him and he says "ah I'm all right it's just a broken collar bone they heal pretty fast" It takes huge fuggin balls to compete in that sport.

BIG_DADDY
08-05-2005, 10:46 AM
All I caught were the last two jumps. I was happy the last guy got up.

I am really surprised nobody has died at X from this event yet. Deegan just lost a kidney. Pastrana had 22 broken bones before he even turned 18 including seperating his spine from his hip. I forgot this was coming up or I probably would have went down for the weekend.

Scaga
08-05-2005, 10:46 AM
The guy that knocked himself out right? They finally get him scraped off the dirt and he has a big grin on his face when they interview him and he says "ah I'm all right it's just a broken collar bone they heal pretty fast" It takes huge fuggin balls to compete in that sport.

Yep...
That was the "dumbass" I was referring to.

ROFL

ZootedGranny
08-05-2005, 10:49 AM
I remember last year, during Sportscenter's top 10, the guy at #2 did a backflip 30 feet in the air on a motorcycle, only to be beaten out by some routine shitbag diving baseball catch.

BIG_DADDY
08-05-2005, 10:54 AM
Yep...
That was the "dumbass" I was referring to.

ROFL

He won the gold last year when he landed that body variable. That is one sick trick. Anyone see Pastrana practicing for double backflip into the foam? It's only a matter of time before somebody pulls that off.

morphius
08-05-2005, 10:57 AM
He won the gold last year when he landed that body variable. That is one sick trick. Anyone see Pastrana practicing for double backflip into the foam? It's only a matter of time before somebody pulls that off.
Once they get to double flips I'm sure someone will finally off themselves. I was hit over the head with a cinder block when I was 3, and I'm not anywhere near that insane.

Demonpenz
08-05-2005, 11:06 AM
i would like to see them steriod checked ;)

ENDelt260
08-05-2005, 11:43 AM
I wanted to watch the X Games, but someone told me they were for queers.

jidar1
08-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Nothing queer about that. It's freaking insane what they do.

BIG_DADDY
08-05-2005, 12:07 PM
I wanted to watch the X Games, but someone told me they were for queers.

Yea there is always some idiot out there.

ENDelt260
08-05-2005, 12:10 PM
So, doing backflips on a dirtbike is pretty commonplace now? My college roommate was into watching that stuff and no one was doing that then.

BIG_DADDY
08-05-2005, 12:16 PM
So, doing backflips on a dirtbike is pretty commonplace now? My college roommate was into watching that stuff and no one was doing that then.

You will see someone attempt a double within the next year or 2. Complete friggin insanity.

morphius
08-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Yes it is. So much so that they have to do other things while doing back flips.

ENDelt260
08-05-2005, 12:18 PM
That's nuts. I watched a bunch of those competitions and never saw one person even attempt a backflip. Crazy how much better people get at this stuff in just a few years.

morphius
08-05-2005, 12:22 PM
That's nuts. I watched a bunch of those competitions and never saw one person even attempt a backflip. Crazy how much better people get at this stuff in just a few years.
I think Pastrana was the first to nail it in competition, and if anyone wanted to compete for first place they had no choice but learn to do it.

BIG_DADDY
08-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I think Pastrana was the first to nail it in competition, and if anyone wanted to compete for first place they had no choice but learn to do it.

Now it looks like Pastrana may be the first to attempt a double. I'll bet he tries it next year if nobody else does.