PDA

View Full Version : Some of the hardest NFL hits of all time

BigRedChief
08-05-2005, 02:09 PM
The best thing ever posted on the mange.
http://www.czabe.com/audioclips/Hitz.WMV

ENDelt260
08-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I think Ali wanted to see this...

Chiefnj
08-05-2005, 02:13 PM
About half of them would be illegal under modern NFL rules.

Mile High Mania
08-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Good gawd... that's disturbing.

alpha_omega
08-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Yep...On a monday night...i remember that one.

Chest Rockwell
08-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm especially fond of the one where Butkus hits the guy so hard he flies into the guy behind him and bubbles HIS snot.

Rain Man
08-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Ray Lewis killing that Bronco on Monday Night on the long field goal return was pretty cool.

ENDelt260
08-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Ray Lewis killing

I got this far and assumed this was going to be a joke.

chagrin
08-05-2005, 02:53 PM

ROFL

Demonpenz
08-06-2005, 12:00 AM
anyone remember that hit andy katzenmoyer had on corby jones?

Nightfyre
08-06-2005, 12:26 AM
That hit lynch put on hall last year was ****ing sweet. It should be in this clip.

RedDread
08-06-2005, 12:29 AM
That hit lynch put on hall last year was ****ing sweet. It should be in this clip.

Lies make baby Jesus cry.

J Diddy
08-06-2005, 01:01 AM

Burn gracefully in hell.

kcjayhawks5
08-06-2005, 01:37 AM
lol ROFL

Coach
08-06-2005, 01:41 AM

:rolleyes:

That was no hit. That was called "spearing", which I recall that it's illegal in the NFL.

DenverChief
08-06-2005, 02:38 AM
Atwater on Okoye....that was a massive hit

J Diddy
08-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Atwater on Okoye....that was a massive hit

I remember that.

I had a knack for hitting alot of history for the chiefs when I wasn't a fan. The first time I watched them play was the sack record day. I almost cried when the last one got away from him.

Otter
08-06-2005, 02:43 AM
Baw, half of those were tackles as opposed to hits.

Unless it includes the hit on Keyshawn "I got beedy eyes and a big mouth but no game" Johnson where he practiclly gets decapitated, it aint' a best hits package.

J Diddy
08-06-2005, 02:50 AM
Baw, half of those were tackles as opposed to hits.

Unless it includes the hit on Keyshawn "I got beedy eyes and a big mouth but no game" Johnson where he practiclly gets decapitated, it aint' a best hits package.

I thought the LT theismann clip was dumb. Taylor jumped on his back and his leg whipped into him causing the break. Not a hard hit at all.

redsurfer11
08-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Would like to see old clips of Jim Kearney hitting Haven Moses. Jim Kearney/Larry Czonka and Willie Lanier/Fred Belitnikoff. Also Turkey Jones almost decapitating Terry Bradshaw.

Demonpenz
08-06-2005, 10:42 AM
I thought the LT theismann clip was dumb. Taylor jumped on his back and his leg whipped into him causing the break. Not a hard hit at all.

i used to have that same WMV file but it wasn't too rap music it was too breathe by prodigy. I think some dueche put it to rap music and thought the hiesman break was "cool"

J Diddy
08-06-2005, 10:45 AM
i used to have that same WMV file but it wasn't too rap music it was too breathe by prodigy. I think some dueche put it to rap music and thought the hiesman break was "cool"

It's just sick looking if you ask me.

I turned the music off after the first 15 seconds.

Rain Man
08-06-2005, 01:52 PM
The best hit is that old one that looks like the Eagles and maybe the Redskins, at about 27 or 28 seconds into the show. That's a nice hit.

I have to chuckle at the Butkus hit, because I think he just decided to nail a guy who didn't have the ball, unless I'm missing it somewhere.

The Theisman hit is kind of gross, but I still think the McGahee and McCallum knee injuries were worse to see. (They're not on this tape.) A broken bone is bad, but a knee bending the wrong way is stomach-turning.

Demonpenz
08-06-2005, 01:55 PM
yeah butkis was like hey i didn't hit someone on this play! better take this buster out!

Ari Chi3fs
08-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I think Ali wanted to see this...

thanks! good think i just got finished eating. heh. that is vicious.

WolfDawg
08-06-2005, 04:42 PM

Or a Associated Press headline.

WilliamTheIrish
08-06-2005, 05:01 PM
The best hit is that old one that looks like the Eagles and maybe the Redskins, at about 27 or 28 seconds into the show. That's a nice hit.
I have to chuckle at the Butkus hit, because I think he just decided to nail a guy who didn't have the ball, unless I'm missing it somewhere.

The Theisman hit is kind of gross, but I still think the McGahee and McCallum knee injuries were worse to see. (They're not on this tape.) A broken bone is bad, but a knee bending the wrong way is stomach-turning.

Kev, I can't view these at work due to restrictions, but that sounds like maybe the hit Chuck Bednarik put on Frank Gifford that knocked him out for 2 seasons.

Is that the one? Cause if it is, that's a textbook shoulder tackle.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-06-2005, 05:12 PM
What about the hit Dale Carter put on the Raiders receiver back in '97 or '98? Can't remember who he hit but I remember he knocked out 2 of his teeth plus his contacts.

WolfDawg
08-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Would like to see old clips of Jim Kearney hitting Haven Moses. Jim Kearney/Larry Czonka and Willie Lanier/Fred Belitnikoff. Also Turkey Jones almost decapitating Terry Bradshaw.

As you wish, actaully is more of a drive his flat head into his stomach than a decapitating.

http://www.ptatech.com/pics/turkeyjoe.jpg

Skip Towne
08-06-2005, 06:28 PM
I'll bet most on here didn't see this one. A drunken fan ran out of the stands and got between the two teams between plays and picked up the ball and headed toward the far stands. He didn't make it 15 feet before Colts LB Mike Curtis nailed him but good. He was helped off the field. I still hear references to it to this day.

Coach
08-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I'll bet most on here didn't see this one. A drunken fan ran out of the stands and got between the two teams between plays and picked up the ball and headed toward the far stands. He didn't make it 15 feet before Colts LB Mike Curtis nailed him but good. He was helped off the field. I still hear references to it to this day.

Heh, I heard about it, just never saw it, but someone says that they have a clip of it.

I also have heard that Butkus also cleaned some fan's clock for doing something like that as well.

Skip Towne
08-06-2005, 06:31 PM

A reporter once asked Butkus if he intentionally tried to hurt opposing players. He said No, not unless it is an important game, you know, like a league game or something.

ENDelt260
08-06-2005, 06:46 PM
I've seen a clip of Ditka laying out a fan before.

Rain Man
08-06-2005, 06:58 PM
What about the hit Dale Carter put on the Raiders receiver back in '97 or '98? Can't remember who he hit but I remember he knocked out 2 of his teeth plus his contacts.

We're probably talking about different hits, but the hardest hit I've ever seen was a hit that Tim Barnett put on Odis McKinney (I think) in the early 90s. I don't remember if it was a run or a pass, but the ball carrier was running toward the left sideline, and McKinney was turning to chase after him. He never saw Barnett, who blindsided him with extreme prejudice. It was one of those hits that makes you miss the end of the play because you're simultaneously wincing and laughing. I bring up this play because they had to stop the game to find McKinney's contact lenses.

Rain Man
08-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Kev, I can't view these at work due to restrictions, but that sounds like maybe the hit Chuck Bednarik put on Frank Gifford that knocked him out for 2 seasons.

Is that the one? Cause if it is, that's a textbook shoulder tackle.

It wasn't that play, because the Eagle is on offense in this clip. I've never seen this play before.

Rain Man
08-06-2005, 07:06 PM

I read an interview once with some old-time Chief who broke in as a rookie in the Chiefs glory years. (Podolak, maybe, but I'm not sure.) He said that the Raid ers game came up, and everyone was all stoked for it, and he said that he just wasn't prepared for the violence. I remember him saying that he was standing on the sideline near where Biletnikoff caught a pass, and Lanier shattered Biletnikoff's face mask, and the interviewee was thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?"

On another note, the hit on this tape where some Bills receiver (Don Beebe, maybe?) comes down awkwardly right on his head is just frightening.

regald
08-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Whose ass is that in BigRedChief's avatar?

WolfDawg
08-06-2005, 07:14 PM
I read an interview once with some old-time Chief who broke in as a rookie in the Chiefs glory years. (Podolak, maybe, but I'm not sure.) He said that the Raid ers game came up, and everyone was all stoked for it, and he said that he just wasn't prepared for the violence. I remember him saying that he was standing on the sideline near where Biletnikoff caught a pass, and Lanier shattered Biletnikoff's face mask, and the interviewee was thinking, "What have I gotten myself into?"

On another note, the hit on this tape where some Bills receiver (Don Beebe, maybe?) comes down awkwardly right on his head is just frightening.

I'm pretty sure that is felix Wright who up-ends Bebe.

Skip Towne
08-06-2005, 07:25 PM
I didn't watch the clip but I haven't seen any mention of the hit where Jack Tatum paralyzed Daryl Stingley for life. Surprise, Tatum was a Raider. BTW, the only person connected with either team that showed up at the hospital to see about Stingley was John Madden, Raiders head coach. His own Patriot teammates boarded the plane and went home.

Rain Man
08-06-2005, 07:29 PM
I never saw the Stingley hit and don't want to. I enjoy the violence of football, but in the end I want everyone to get back up.