PDA

View Full Version : Time Warner...No NFL Network again this year..

BigRedChief
08-05-2005, 03:09 PM
What a bunch of crap.:cuss: It's too expensive my azz. They said the same thing about MTV, ESPN just about every cool channel. Just really ticks me off. I don't want to give up my road runner for internet access so I can't go dish. After giving King Carl $2K+ of my money for season tickets I can't afford the dish and cable. I want the frigging NFL Network! I'm ready for some football. Thanks for listening. :)

ENDelt260
08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
They won't sell you just Internet access?

Saulbadguy
08-05-2005, 03:12 PM
They charge you like $10 more.

bogie
08-05-2005, 03:12 PM
You're not missing much.

BigRedChief
08-05-2005, 03:15 PM

Who the dish companies? Chit their bandwidth sucks for uploading. Nature of the beast.

RedDread
08-05-2005, 03:15 PM
the NFL network is my bored at 2 AM when nothing else is on. Usually they run old NFL films stuff that's pretty good around then, but otherwise it's just another channel I pay no attention to.

Though I might tune in when they start replaying preseason games.

chiefqueen
08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Forget the NFL Network (that's gravy to me)....I want ESPNU and ESPN2HD before college FB starts.

ENDelt260
08-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Who the dish companies? Chit their bandwidth sucks for uploading. Nature of the beast.
Uh, no. Time Warner.

Buy your television programming from DirecTV. Buy your Internet from Time Warner.

Pants
08-05-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't whether it's just during offseason (probably), but the NFL Network was shity as hell. They play the same NFL Access (or w/e it's called) all day long, sometimes doing a 2004 Team highlight in between.

penguinz
08-05-2005, 03:48 PM
They charge you like $10 more.
They stopped doing that over a year ago. The only way to get it cheaper is to sign a contract for one of their new package deals.

Ninjaman
08-05-2005, 03:55 PM
I second the HD . They need to throw one in for basic cable.

Valiant
08-05-2005, 04:34 PM
What a bunch of crap.:cuss: It's too expensive my azz. They said the same thing about MTV, ESPN just about every cool channel. Just really ticks me off. I don't want to give up my road runner for internet access so I can't go dish. After giving King Carl $2K+ of my money for season tickets I can't afford the dish and cable. I want the frigging NFL Network! I'm ready for some football. Thanks for listening. :)

Doesn't Time Warner own ESPN and MTV(if not major chunks of it)??? All I know is we get free shit from those companies because of Time Warner/American Cablevision back in the day...

ZootedGranny
08-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Comcast is likely to pick up the option to grab the Kansas City market next summer, so you won't have to go without NFL Network for too long.

And to mirror what others have said, you're not missing much.